Triangle Home Repair & Paint Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2014

Family owned and operated General Contractor with a hardworking, experienced crew that delivering high quality results by paying attention to details and listening to the customer. Our specialty is exterior carpentry repair and paint work on windows, doors, trim and decks plus whole house painting.

handyman (46)house painting (23)woodworking (22)interior painting (11)decks & porches (10)siding companies (5)pressure washing (4)ceiling fan installation (3)deck cleaning (3)general contractors (3)gutter repair (2)door installation (1)

10/13/2021

Nancy B.

They did a good job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Remove 2 canopies and haul away 3 canopies. Haul away recycling.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

06/17/2021

Brendan M.

I had a gutter that was falling off my house due to the facia board that had rotted away underneath it. Bob and his crew did a great job fixing everything up perfect and left my yard spotless afterward. I highly recommend them as they are affordable and do great quality work.

Description of Work
Gutter & Facia Replacement

Category gutter repair, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

Review for Triangle Home Repair & Paint Inc - 112 Perkins Dr. suite 100, Chapel Hill, NC - 39374199

01/20/2021

Cary W.

They did an excellent job. We had a variety of tasks and all were accomplished in one day. Supervisor and estimator Alex was great with communication and scheduling. Alex and Carlos showed up as scheduled at 8 AM ready to work. Alex stayed for a few minutes and then Carlos did the work. Carlos was excellent - very friendly and skilled. He made a few excellent suggestions along the way which we incorporated into the project. Work was finished in one day and cleanup was perfect. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Install stair rail, caulk tubs, weather-stripping door, install access door to upstairs plumbing

Category awnings, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

01/17/2021

Alfonso T.

The contractor arrived about 2 hrs after the agreed-upon schedule. Examined the completed work the next morning and was infuriated to find terrible workmanship. (see photos). Sent email and photos to company, Negotiated with the owner for someone to try to improve the areas, which they did somewhat. Additionally, the price for the project was grossly overstated based on comparisons to other local companies. I chose this company based on Angieslist recommendations and reviews. I was totally dissatisfied with this company and the contractor they sent for this job and the just blatant horrible workmanship.

Description of Work
Complete wood frame repair / replacement for two garage doors.

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Review for Triangle Home Repair & Paint Inc - 112 Perkins Dr. suite 100, Chapel Hill, NC - 39139117

We apologized to mr. [Member Name Removed] for the poor workmanship and send back a good carpenter to redo these repairs so the pictures are not representative of the final work that we have done. In addition to that we agreed on giving him a substantial financial compensation as well. After we did the redo work and gave him the agreed upon amount he started sending messages to us for more money. At this point we feel like he is trying to blackmail us and the false representation he is giving here is evidence of that. Bob Droog, owner.

08/02/2020

Elizabeth H.

Bob and his crew were responsive and pleasant to work with. Once I received the quote, they did the job right away.

Description of Work
Deck repair and repainted

Category awnings, handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

05/13/2020

bruce C.

Completed to my expectations and done well.

Description of Work
Power washed driveway and pol deck fixed cracks and sealed and painted concrete pool deck

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

11/19/2019

James S.

They did a great job. Came as scheduled and completed promptly. Cleaned everything up nicely. Identified some rotted wood and replaced. Porch looks great.

Description of Work
screened back porch, replaced rotted wood

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

10/17/2019

Ray H.

Very pleased with the work and look. Very satisfied overall. The estimator and supervisor Alex was very attentive, prompt and willing to answer any and all questions I had. The two carpenters in particular who did the majority of the work were excellent. Only complaint is minor as perhaps they could have cleaned up better when work was finished as we found many plastic labels that came off the ends of the new deck boards as well as a few random nails. Again a very minor complaint.

Description of Work
Replace deck and ramp surface and rails. Repair deck foundation as needed. Remove a step structure. Paint all surfaces.

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

09/19/2019

Cynthia W.

The contractor and I spoke directly and scheduled an appointment time. The contractor didn't show up for the appointment nor did he call to cancel the meeting.

Description of Work
I need to have my deck repaired, washed, & stained.

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

03/24/2019

Laney D.

The crews showed up the first day and did most of the work. I was told they'd return to finish the work. They did come back but not everything was done. they left joints where caulking should be placed with large gaps. Thus allowing water to run into the wall exactly where they repaired water damage. They left a hole in an overhang where they should have repaired a hole. I contacted the owner and he agreed to send out the crews to finish it but they never did.

Description of Work
Exterior siding repair

Category handyman service, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

07/31/2018

Clay H.

Mailbox painting & touchup: great result Fence repair and paint: the repair work was done correctly. The fence was painted an orange color, which is different than what I discussed with the person who provided the estimate. We discussed a stain with a subtle tint. That's not what we got. They also painted over hardware, painted a few pots, and the job is generally very sloppy. During the visit to provide the estimate, Alex told me everything would be moved and replaced. Very poor execution. Fence is painted though. House and Window washing: I believe they subbed the exterior pressure washing to a third party. They said they removed the screens (as requested) but the sills on many windows were not clean. After discussing, they said that some of the windows were inaccessible because of landscaping / fencing / roofing, etc. Again, that was not discussed during the estimating process. After offering to pay less than the estimate, they came inside the house and cleaned the window sills from the inside. That was the right thing for them to do, and I appreciate their efforts to make it right. Not going to hire them again. A bit more expensive, and quality of their work was low. I do not recommend.

Description of Work
Fence repair and paint, exterior home cleaning, mailbox painting touchup

Category fencing, replacement windows, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

03/09/2018

David B.

Prompt response and job scheduling. Very professional job planning. Solid work on the issues. Perhaps could have cleaned up the job site better when work was finished. But very satisfied overall.

Description of Work
some boards replaced and deck cleaning and re-sealing

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

01/17/2018

Phyllis P.

We had the owner. He was excellent. It went smoothly in a couple of visits. He is pricey, so you need to consider this, but we were very happy with his work.

Description of Work
odd jobs. Replacing smoke detectors and batteries, painting patches around the house

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

01/04/2018

James M.

It took several days for Triangle to finally come out and do the work needed. Guys did an overall good job but did not use the primer I gave them just painted over raw exterior wood, a different No No. espically wood that was rotten to begin with because of the same situation.

Description of Work
Wood rot and painting

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

12/30/2017

Holley N.

Services and responsiveness were excellent. Bob had someone out the next day to fill in an opening when someone else cancelled. Price was very fair for the work performed. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Wood rot repair and painting

Work Completed On 11/21/2017

12/29/2017

doug C.

Fantastic!!!. Alex is the best!!! Will definately use again and have already recommended to neighbors.

Description of Work
Enclosed screen porch into sun room; driveway repair

Category decks, handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

12/04/2017

Joseph W.

Very well, I would use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Great work, the workers were very professional and polite.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

11/20/2017

NATOSHA L.

The owner was very responsive and prompt. Alex was professional, did a great job on the installation. The price was fair, I thought, for needing the work done right away. It was completed within 3 days of my initial inquiry. I will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Exterior dryer vent installed.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

10/20/2017

Brian N.

Bob was nice and professional. I went with a different painter due to a better quote, but I will contact him again for an estimate on future work.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

10/07/2017

Anne W.

Repair was done the next day, after he came out to give an estimate. Asked if we had any paint from prior projects of the same color, and we did, so that saved on the cost.

Description of Work
Repair of a hole under eaves where squirrels had a nest.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

10/04/2017

Steve W.

Great. Work was high quality and on time. Crew was very nice. No problems.

Description of Work
They diagnosed and fixed a water leak in our sun room, and painted the entire house including doing some needed repairs.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/25/2017

Zachary A.

They gave a good quote and were very easy to work with. The communication was also effective. I was not impressed with the workmanship though. I may consider hiring them for an out of the way spot but not for anything critical or highly visible. The example that I will give that I consider to be very indicative is that when they replaced one of the two boards with the dryer exhaust, the panel was not cut to allow for the dryer to actually exhaust. The dryer still works because half of the hole is still there in the board that didn't need replacement but still I now have to get up on my roof and do it myself so I don't loose efficiency in the dryer. This says to me that any other aspect of the job requiring attention to detail also needs to be checked - not what I want to be doing when I went to the trouble to hire someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
Repair of a few soft spots on our siding and adjacent woodwork/trim.

Category handyman service, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/01/2017