First Impressions Lawn & Garden

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2011

We have over 15 years of experience in the landscaping and maintenance industry, and have been working in the triangle area for 6 years. First Impressions is licensed and fully insured. Our employees receive a range of formal education during the off seasons in order to keep up with industry standards and emerging information and techniques. In this industry there is a big difference between doing it “good enough” and doing it right....

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

Hutchins Landscape & Lawn Maintenance LLC

We are small business. We have been servicing the Triangle for many years. We offer reasonable prices, and phenomenal results. We know that details matter. We can help you get the landscape and lawn you've always dreamed of!

Offers by Hutchins Landscape & Lawn Maintenance LLC on Angi
Fairway Green

Fairway Green is locally owned and operated offering award winning service to the Triangle. All of our Technicians are licensed through the North Carolin Department of Agriculture to proved the safest and most effective products available. Additional contact name - Izeta Winstead. Additional phones - (919) 872-4864, (919) 832-1774. Locally owned & operated.

06/17/2021

Edward G.

Fantastic! Paul and his team are excellent to work with. They are diligent and flexible in the discussion on what needed to be done. There was a lot of labor involved and it was not an easy project. The landscaping team was courteous, polite, and very accommodating. I honestly couldn't be more pleased with the outcome and can highly recommend First Impressions for a job well done!

Description of Work
A major renovation of the side terracing and backyard

Category excavators,landscaping

05/25/2021

CS H.

Project results were a disaster. Did not provide plants included in contract, left piles of clay and gravel throughout site, "dry stream beds", after 1st rain, became gullies and filled up with dirt and mud. Brought in a bare minimum of mulch which didn't come close to covering areas designated in contract. Contract said they were not responsible for damage to irrigation or lighting... DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WOULD ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THE IRRIGATION IN THE AREAS THEY WORKED IN, AND THE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING IN SEVERAL SPOTS. When we called to see what and when they were going to do to complete the job, their answer was ..."give us a list of what you think needs work...", NOT "... sure, we'll be out tomorrow and check our work and make it right...". Never heard from them again.

Description of Work
creating extensive drainage relief, plant flowers & shrubs, build 35' brick sidewalk, spread 3-4" mulch around entire house foundation and appropriate amount in numerous plant beds.

Category decks,landscaping,hardscaping

10/16/2020

Lynne Y.

Hired for total landscape renovation several years ago. This included grading, new sod and significant planting of shrubs with a 1 yr guarantee of any thing that died within one year. Within 1 yr one young tree was replaced. Sod died he tried to reseed, I had to demand sod. No replacement of approximately 20% 0f shrubs planted. But worse: we lost five mature trees within 2 years. He hired an arborist to find out why. The answer was the grading of property that damaged tree roots. Matt Tuttle never advised that this could be a consequence of grading. Had we known we would have reconsidered. The cost of tree removal alone was more than $15,000 I would not trust this company to do more than mow and blow.

Description of Work
Grading, sod, plantings

Category excavators,landscaping,deck cleaning,hardscaping

08/17/2015

paul W.

I've been using First impressions for 7 years and they do a good job overall. Last year they went through a period of fairly poor performance due to personnel issues and it took them too long to resolve but are now doing well again.

Description of Work
weekly full yard maintenance, mowing, triming, blowing, fertilize, weed control.

01/02/2015

Bradley H.

Great. Very responsive and professional. Will contact in the spring to begin the maintenance program.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on lawn maintenance.

09/28/2014

JAMES Q.

The actual work went very quickly, and the worker (Alex) was courteous, friendly, and professional. Well done!

Description of Work
Taped up the original lawn drain connection and extended the drain pipe about 20 feet away from the retaining wall.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

03/05/2014

Kim G.

Overall it went really well and we were pleased with the outcome. There were a couple of missed items that were promptly corrected when I followed up with them with the first round, and they were minor details -- I think the issue might have been with two different crews working on the general initial plan (the 'beautification' in the beginning). The gentleman who maintained the lawn after we moved out did a spectacular job mowing and trimming. My realtor commented that the lawn looked great, that it 'popped' as she put it. I really appreciated this since we had moved out of state already and were completely reliant for someone else maintaining the lawn. There was an issue with being overcharged after I had cancelled service, once the house sold. There was some confusion as there was still some money owed (I did still owe some money, which I had not understood previously), but I was additionally billed for lawn care after that date it was supposed to be cancelled. The woman in the office was helpful when I called about this and it was straightened out and I paid the correct remaining balance.

Description of Work
Assist with preparing lawn to put house on market. Dyed existing mulch. Pruned shrubs. Sprayed for mosquitos. Weeded some areas, etc. Maintained lawn once a week until house sold. (note: not entirely sure what I paid in the end - paid over the course of multiple bills, which come via email, so be careful you don't miss them.)

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

02/03/2014

Julie A S.

The crews are friendly and professional. They are not the cheapest service we have received bids from, but they are reliable and will work with you until you are happy with the outcome. All in all we are extremely happy with them.

Description of Work
First Impressions has been performing our routine lawn maintenance for almost a year. We have been very happy with the work they do and the yard looks great. They also did some extra projects for us, including some drainage work and hardscaping. The job was completed as expected and on time.

03/11/2013

Michael W.

First Impressions was recommended to me by another person I used for tree removal. The overall experience was fantastic. From the beginning meetings all the way through completion of the project, I couldn't have been happier with their professional, quality of work and friendliness. I still use them for maintenance.

Description of Work
Grading of site. Brought in top soil. Installation of retaining wall, installation of pondless waterfall, installation of sod, plants, shrubs and trees. Our back yard went from a football field of dirt to a real yard over the course of a few weeks.

Category excavators,landscaping,mulch,tree service,hardscaping

02/12/2013

Nell M.

The price was too much. The job was not good at all. The seeding was under our standards.

Description of Work
They redesigned the lawn. They put down mulch and seeded the lawn.

Category landscaping,lawn treatment,mulch

Grass was seeded in a heavily wooded area where turf was not well established due to heavy shade and lack of irrigation. I let the customer know that once leaves fall from the large hardwood trees over head, it would affect the ability of the new grass to grow. We use only high quality professional grade seed and starter fertilizers. Just add sunlight and water :)

Maintaining property, mowing grass, caring for trees and shrubs, fertilizing, designing and installing, controlling weeds, aerating, removing leaves, weed control, walkways, terraces, decks, driveways, Stone, Masonry, Retaining Walls,mulching and caring for beds & dethatching, Irrigation System Installation & Maintenance, Drainage