First Impressions Lawn & Garden

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2011

2361 Farrington Point Rd

Chapel Hill, NC 27517

We have over 15 years of experience in the landscaping and maintenance industry, and have been working in the triangle area for 6 years. First Impressions is licensed and fully insured. Our employees receive a range of formal education during the off seasons in order to keep up with industry

06/17/2021

Edward G.

Fantastic! Paul and his team are excellent to work with. They are diligent and flexible in the discussion on what needed to be done. There was a lot of labor involved and it was not an easy project. The landscaping team was courteous, polite, and very accommodating. I honestly couldn't be more pleased with the outcome and can highly recommend First Impressions for a job well done!

Description of Work
A major renovation of the side terracing and backyard

Category excavators, landscaping

05/25/2021

CS H.

Project results were a disaster. Did not provide plants included in contract, left piles of clay and gravel throughout site, "dry stream beds", after 1st rain, became gullies and filled up with dirt and mud. Brought in a bare minimum of mulch which didn't come close to covering areas designated in contract. Contract said they were not responsible for damage to irrigation or lighting... DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WOULD ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THE IRRIGATION IN THE AREAS THEY WORKED IN, AND THE LANDSCAPE LIGHTING IN SEVERAL SPOTS. When we called to see what and when they were going to do to complete the job, their answer was ..."give us a list of what you think needs work...", NOT "... sure, we'll be out tomorrow and check our work and make it right...". Never heard from them again.

Description of Work
creating extensive drainage relief, plant flowers & shrubs, build 35' brick sidewalk, spread 3-4" mulch around entire house foundation and appropriate amount in numerous plant beds.

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping

10/16/2020

Lynne Y.

Hired for total landscape renovation several years ago. This included grading, new sod and significant planting of shrubs with a 1 yr guarantee of any thing that died within one year. Within 1 yr one young tree was replaced. Sod died he tried to reseed, I had to demand sod. No replacement of approximately 20% 0f shrubs planted. But worse: we lost five mature trees within 2 years. He hired an arborist to find out why. The answer was the grading of property that damaged tree roots. Matt Tuttle never advised that this could be a consequence of grading. Had we known we would have reconsidered. The cost of tree removal alone was more than $15,000 I would not trust this company to do more than mow and blow.

Description of Work
Grading, sod, plantings

Category excavators, landscaping, deck cleaning, hardscaping

08/17/2015

paul W.

I've been using First impressions for 7 years and they do a good job overall. Last year they went through a period of fairly poor performance due to personnel issues and it took them too long to resolve but are now doing well again.

Description of Work
weekly full yard maintenance, mowing, triming, blowing, fertilize, weed control.

01/02/2015

Bradley H.

Great. Very responsive and professional. Will contact in the spring to begin the maintenance program.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on lawn maintenance.

09/28/2014

JAMES Q.

The actual work went very quickly, and the worker (Alex) was courteous, friendly, and professional. Well done!

Description of Work
Taped up the original lawn drain connection and extended the drain pipe about 20 feet away from the retaining wall.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

04/22/2014

Harry W.

Description of Work
Used their landscaping services in the past, but I do my own work now. Following surgery in 2012, I called the company and they helped me out for a month or two.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

03/05/2014

Kim G.

Overall it went really well and we were pleased with the outcome. There were a couple of missed items that were promptly corrected when I followed up with them with the first round, and they were minor details -- I think the issue might have been with two different crews working on the general initial plan (the 'beautification' in the beginning). The gentleman who maintained the lawn after we moved out did a spectacular job mowing and trimming. My realtor commented that the lawn looked great, that it 'popped' as she put it. I really appreciated this since we had moved out of state already and were completely reliant for someone else maintaining the lawn. There was an issue with being overcharged after I had cancelled service, once the house sold. There was some confusion as there was still some money owed (I did still owe some money, which I had not understood previously), but I was additionally billed for lawn care after that date it was supposed to be cancelled. The woman in the office was helpful when I called about this and it was straightened out and I paid the correct remaining balance.

Description of Work
Assist with preparing lawn to put house on market. Dyed existing mulch. Pruned shrubs. Sprayed for mosquitos. Weeded some areas, etc. Maintained lawn once a week until house sold. (note: not entirely sure what I paid in the end - paid over the course of multiple bills, which come via email, so be careful you don't miss them.)

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

02/03/2014

Julie A S.

The crews are friendly and professional. They are not the cheapest service we have received bids from, but they are reliable and will work with you until you are happy with the outcome. All in all we are extremely happy with them.

Description of Work
First Impressions has been performing our routine lawn maintenance for almost a year. We have been very happy with the work they do and the yard looks great. They also did some extra projects for us, including some drainage work and hardscaping. The job was completed as expected and on time.

03/11/2013

Michael W.

First Impressions was recommended to me by another person I used for tree removal. The overall experience was fantastic. From the beginning meetings all the way through completion of the project, I couldn't have been happier with their professional, quality of work and friendliness. I still use them for maintenance.

Description of Work
Grading of site. Brought in top soil. Installation of retaining wall, installation of pondless waterfall, installation of sod, plants, shrubs and trees. Our back yard went from a football field of dirt to a real yard over the course of a few weeks.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

02/12/2013

Nell M.

The price was too much. The job was not good at all. The seeding was under our standards.

Description of Work
They redesigned the lawn. They put down mulch and seeded the lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch

Grass was seeded in a heavily wooded area where turf was not well established due to heavy shade and lack of irrigation. I let the customer know that once leaves fall from the large hardwood trees over head, it would affect the ability of the new grass to grow. We use only high quality professional grade seed and starter fertilizers. Just add sunlight and water :)

Viki P.

The service turned out well. They do a good job. We moved into a condo and we have no need for the service anymore. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They did general lawn service. They did landscaping and manicured trees that needed application.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Tara O.

The service turned out fine. They are very friendly and they do a nice job.

Description of Work
They cut my grass. They did edging as well.

Category lawn service

Trent L.

I was pleased with the service.

Description of Work
They did general lawn care.

Category lawn service

07/23/2012

George B.

Service was from March to October when we fired them. See above comments.

Description of Work
We hired them to do basic lawn maintenance, and was very disappointed in quality of service. Constant phone calls to remind about simple weed pulling, for example, were never returned. But when a call was finally returned, there were many excuses about business was trying to get organized & "to bear with them." Even after that calls were not acknowleged. Frstration grew to such a point that service was discontinued. Owner very unprofessional, inaccessible, never was seen or even inquired as to status of workafter initial visit to give an estimate.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Out of the hundreds of customers I have had over the years, Members, have been among the most difficult to please. My company spent untold man hours at his residence trying to accommodate their requests. In return, his phone calls and email messages were most often rude and demanding, and we were receiving several per week. After several months of unpleasant communications from this customer, I decided that we were not going to be able to make them happy, so I met with him and let him out of his contract. Even after the contract was terminated, we still showed up to do an additional round of pruning on his property to make sure we fulfilled every obligation from our end.

05/03/2012

Barb K.

They were prompt and did exactly what I asked them to do. We were having trouble deciding what we wanted, but they made sure to take their time getting a clear descriptions of the work that we needed.

Description of Work
I hired First Impressions Lawn & Garden to do some trimming in my front lawn.

05/02/2012

Lauren D.

I've had trouble with the owner. To him, everything is a bother. My mom pays every 3 months but I told her not to do that in case I have any real problems. I've asked him for an estimate to put some bushes in front of my bay window and he still hasn't gotten back to me. I have to keep calling and calling. Once I get to him and talk to him, he'll say OK. Then I won't hear from him.

Description of Work
They come once a week to do my lawn work and fertilization. They also do work on my sprinkler system.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

04/12/2012

paul W.

I'm very pleased with first impression and have used them since purchasing this home. Matt and his team do a good job, mowing trimming, etc every week along with making sure the yard looks great. They maintain the irrigation system, trim bushes, treat fro pest and fertilize as a part of their service.

Description of Work
First impression takes care of our yard on a monthly basis yer round. They mow, trim, fertilize, treat for pests, etc. I also use them annually for various improvements in addition to the monthly maintenance.

07/26/2011

Mark L.

They are extremely reasonable and always provide little extras beyond what was contracted for. They are punctual and very meticulous in keeping the property and worksites clean.Most important, Matt Tuttle, the owner is a person of extraordinary ethics. Last year I had a very expensive paver walkway installed. The job was decent. However, this year Matt reinspected the work and determined it had not met his standards, and at his own initiation, cost and expense, completed a substantial re-do of the job and the result was excellent. In his words, the initial job "did not meet the standards I set for our company and I wanted to make sure that the job would be a real example of the kind of work we want to be known for." I have never met a service provider who would, at his considerable expense and on his own initiative, rip up an acceptable job in order to insure that the job was perfect. Most astounding. In addition, some trees he planted last year did not fare well due to last summers' draught and high heat. He replaced them at no cost this summer without any hesitation or argument. Highest recommendation.

Description of Work
First Impressions performs regular landscaping services such as lawn cutting, trimming of bushes, installation and maintenance of sprinkler systems, as well as hardscaping.

07/25/2011

paul W.

They do very good, and we are still using them.

Description of Work
They do general landscaping and maintenance for my yard.

Norman's Lawncare

FREE ESTIMATES! We will mow, edge, weedeat any yard. No yard is too small or too big for Norman’s Lawncare specialist. Family owned and operated, new to the Alamance area. Specials for every first time customer! +10 plus years experience in Lawncare and landscaping.

2022 Super Service Award

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

Triangle Stump Removal & More, LLC

Maintaining property, mowing grass, caring for trees and shrubs, fertilizing, designing and installing, controlling weeds, aerating, removing leaves, weed control, walkways, terraces, decks, driveways, Stone, Masonry, Retaining Walls,mulching and caring for beds & dethatching, Irrigation System Installation & Maintenance, Drainage