CEDAR GROVE MAINTENANCE INC

5214 ENO CEMETERY RD

Cedar Grove, NC 27231

03/06/2020

Glenn B.

It was kinda expensive, but it had to be done.

Description of Work
They repaired the rotten wood, and broken shingles.

Category woodworking

12/19/2016

Nicholas S.

Very well.

Description of Work
General property maintenance. We use Cedar Grove for general property maintenance in our HOA>

Category drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, doors

07/22/2015

Stan C.

Eddie and Donnie were friendly and skilled - Eddie was especially creative with unexpected problems. Dealing with the office was also a pleasure. On all counts they did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced extensive sections of rotted masonite siding and wood trim with PVC.

12/16/2014

Jonathan C.

Wonderful experience. I needed them to come back out to touch up and follow through on a few minor items missed. Completely professional, courteous, and prompt. I will continue to use CGM, Inc.

Description of Work
Performed home repairs and maintenance ranging from gutter, steps, bathroom, water drainage

09/16/2013

Nancy B.

They had a great problem-solving approach. The work was done on time and on budget. I was very happy!

Description of Work
Carpentry

06/19/2013

Linda C.

They did quality work. They were so quick getting there. They were very detailed oriented. They listened very good to what I needed.

Description of Work
Cedar Grove Maintenance Inc. did some Sheetrock repair, wall repair and ceiling repair for me.

Category drywall, remodeling

04/16/2013

KIMBERLY S.

I liked them. They were easy to reach and they responded quickly. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Cedar Grove Maintenance Inc did a lot of work for me that included handyman and carpentry work.

Category contractors, handyman service

02/18/2013

Catherine F.

sooner!lly

Description of Work
Cedar Grove Maintenance handles all types of maintenance issues for our association. They are prompt, professional and thorough. They are also wonderful about following up with work that is in the process of getting done so I know exactly where we stand. They are a pleasure to work with and I feel very fortunate to have found them on Angie's List. If they are asked to do something that they personally do not handle, they provide an equally competent vendor to do the job. They make my job as manager of this association so much easier. They also alert me to any problems they see that might become an issue in the future. I have been in property management for over 30 years and my only regret is that I didn't find Cedar Grove Maintenance sooner. Cathie Falconer FSUOA

Category contractors, gutter repair, handyman service, interior painters, doors

01/28/2013

Cortney L.

Cedar Grove was great. They were on time and gave accurate estimates of the time and materials they would need. All jobs were completed skillfully. As an added bonus the guys we worked with were pretty funny so we laughed a lot too.

Description of Work
Cedar Grove installed a privacy screen to hide our trash can, drywalled over a niche, installed a screen door, and re-caulked the shower.

Category drywall, handyman service

08/10/2012

Ryan T.

They were wonderful. They explained to me what they were going to do and gave me the quote. The bill was same as the quote after the work was done. I would recommend them to others. The quality was good. They were very clever and responsive. They were on time through the quote and actually when they had the work done.

Description of Work
I used Cedar Grove Maintenance Inc for a small fence repair and deck repair. The fence door was sagging so they got it upright. They removed a board from the deck, replaced it and re-stained it.

Category fencing, deck cleaning

09/29/2011

Janine M.

I called several companies for estimates on this project. Cedar Grove gave me a timely response and an affordable price. The crew came in and did the work over 6 days. They were extremely polite and professional and did a great job of cleaning up. They first removed a wall that was in the master bedroom closet that created a and quot;safe roomand quot; that was fully wired for motion detection camera, so all that wiring needed to pulled up into the attic. It was important to ensure that no other cables were effected by this work - they did an excellent job of first ensuring that these cables were not connected to any other wiring in the house. After removing the wall and the old carpet, they did drywall work to fix the remaining walls. All debris was hauled away immediately. The baseboards of the closet were removed and the hardwood floor and padding were installed. In addition, a light fixture in the old safe room was replaced with can, recessed lights to match the rest of the closet - Cedar Grove brought in a quality electrician to do this work. Once the hardwood and drywall were complete, the baseboard and walls were painted. It was an extremely easy project for as the homeowner and I was glad I selected Cedar Grove.

Description of Work
Removed a wall Removed wiring and a relocated a power outlet in that wall Removed carpet Installed hardwood Installed a recessed light Drywall repair Painted the walls and baseboards

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

07/13/2011

Elizabeth W.

They were very professional, cleanly, and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Filled in some brick work that had come undone.

Category handyman service, masonry

12/03/2010

KIMBERLY S.

They are very professional. They show up at a reasonable time and their price was reasonable for the work they did. They did detailed estimate.

Description of Work
When I sold my current house in April Cedar Grove Maintenance Inc did all the repairs from the home inspection. They replaced doors and logs. They did a lot of things.

Category handyman service, doors

12/02/2010

Marc C.

The company was hired to help with an update to the powder room. The estimate was fair and written into a contract for our acceptance. Work was scheduled to take 1-2 days. I am happy with the plumbing, vanity, sink installation and the installation of new cork flooring. The painting job, however was subpar. The walls were not correctly prepped, and I chose a semi-gloss, so all of the imperfections were easily visible. There were obvious drips, brush fibers, and areas where holes had been improperly filled. The edge between the wall and the trim was unevenly done and quite sloppy. My daughter actually stuck her finger through the wall where a previous hole had been improperly filled and sealed. To their credit, they owned the mistakes and did not argue with me. The painted walls were sanded, tape lines applied and the room was painted a third time. The results, though not perfect, are much better. Following completion of the service the company called as a follow-up before sending the bill, which I see as very professional. I gave the person feedback on the particular crew that I had in my home: whereas the leader of the group seemed competent and professional, I believe that the poorer work was performed by others, on a day when the leader was not present. If I were to use again, I would be very explicit in my expectations prior to scheduling the work. The job, which was expected to take two days at most, took four. I am giving them an overall "B" . This may be generous in light of the original paint job, but the final result is acceptable.

Description of Work
Remove and install new flooring Remove and install new vanity and sink Install new exhaust fan paint walls and trim

Category handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

03/16/2010

BARBARA J.

They were prompt; they actually got here ahead of time. They were very pleasant. We haven't gotten the estimate from them yet.

Description of Work
He gave us a quote on repairing a screen, sealing a porch and deck, and installing a handrail for us.

Category handyman service, doors

02/24/2009

Patricia A T.

Did the job satisfactorily but joint compound was still wet when they left. When it dried, you could see where the work was done because the joint compound had sunken in a bit. Responded promptly when I called to complain and added more joint compound. When it dried this time, it looked just fine.

Description of Work
Fixed a 14" hole in the ceiling(created when a solar tube was removed)as well as several 1 1/2-2" holes from an old florescent light fixture. Removed a hanging fixture from the ceiling and repaired the spot.

Category drywall

02/24/2009

Patricia A T.

Arrived on time. Did the job satisfactorily. Cleaned up afterward. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Enlarged closet opening by more than a foot and replaced bi-fold doors with double doors that open out. Did an excellent job. You would not know that the opening was changed if you hadn't seen it previously. Also fixed an opening in closet floor replacing joist and floor boards. Again the work was seamless.

Category closet systems, doors

09/16/2008

Jeanette B.

They were good and showed up when they were supposed to. They did everything they were supposed to and cleaned up when they finished. I just think the price was a little high and they haven't followed through with the other estimates they were supposed to give us.

Description of Work
They came to my home and replaced three boards in our wood floor.

Category woodworking

07/18/2008

Robin B.

This was a great company. They were polite, willing to work with me on any level, cleaned up well and gave wonderful advice. There were jobs I weren't sure needed doing and they advised me NOT to get the work done! Imagine that. I felt quite comfortable leaving the house [with a variety of animals] with the work crew there. Very trustworthy. We thought their prices were fair. We are already deciding what they can do next!

Description of Work
Replace closet doors, paint, repair major damage to walls, regrout tub and carpentry work.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

06/27/2008

Maria W.

They stepped in and took over a job that another company had made mistakes on. They did a great job at correcting all the work the previous company had done. They finished in a very quick manner. They did half the job in four days that had taken the other company six weeks to do! They did a good job. I plan on having them come back out when I work on my basement and need some carpentry and brick work completed.

Description of Work
I had renovated some rooms and had put in some new windows. They installed brick masonry on the outside of the windows for me. They did this work for me in March.

Category masonry

05/17/2007

DOV C.

Randy, the handy man, was prompt, courteous and did good work. They did everything promptly and on time. They did a couple of extra things that I didn't expect, like acid washing and sealing the entire stoop when the masonry was complete. Their workmanship and professionalism was great.

Description of Work
Cedar Grove did masonry repairs on my front stoop. They replaced and re-mortared brick and slate tile. It was about 1/2 day of work. They provided all materials.

Category handyman service, masonry