Thomas Trades LLC

North Carolina: General Contractors
01/01/1900

Castle Hayne

Castle Hayne, NC 28429

Thank you for your interest in Thomas Trades. Please ensure that we provide services in your area: 1. New Hanover County 2. Hampstead 3. Rocky Point 4. Leland 20 + Years experience in Residential and Commercial Remodeling. Specializing in Custom Homes, Kitchen and Bath Remodels, Interior and Exterior Painting, Additions, Attic Alterations, and Restorations. We hire only the most qualified employees. -We work with our own reputable licensed sub-contractors when necessary: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Roofing. Fully Insured. -Free estimates up to $10,000. We charge $150 for Project’s above $10,000. If hired, we will credit your estimate fee back to you. We are Trustworthy and Reliable. -Visit facebook.com/thomastradesnc and www.thomastradesllc.com for more photos and reviews -Calls after normal business hours (8am to 5pm Monday through Friday) will be returned on the next business day. No text please. -Thank You - -Click on the above business card to be directed to our website with many more photos of previous projects. Thank You Have a Blessed Day!...

interior painting (81)drywall (34)woodworking (26)door installation (19)home remodeling (16)flooring (15)house painting (10)cabinet makers (10)general contractors (8)cabinet refacing (7)hardwood floors (7)window replacement (6)

05/03/2020

Kevin P.

I can't say enough about how great these guys were. When we were in a really bad post-hurricane spot, they called back, came out promptly, and fit me and my wife into their busy schedule. Our house was a mess and needed lots of help and Thomas Trades was there for us in a major way. Would work with again and highly recommend. We don't know what we would have done without these guys. Forever grateful.

Description of Work
Multiple repairs as a result of Hurricane Florence

Category drywall, lighting, water damage restoration, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

05/25/2019

Laura S.

Josh Thomas, Thomas Trades, is who we call for our home repairs. He, his employees and subcontractors are polite, professional and reliable. Thomas Trades is worth the wait; we give them our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Replace and repair exterior wood trim, replace porch support columns, replace front entry door, replace roof, paint exterior of whole house

Category contractors

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Its always a pleasure working for you. I hope you all are doing well and staying cool this Summer!

02/21/2018

Christopher B.

Josh and his team are some of the most professional as well as personable contractors my wife and I have had the pleasure of working with. The job began with an in-home meeting where Josh not only heard all that we had to say, he built on the ideas and came up with other ones in a way that wasn't forceful or overtaking of what we wanted. He just had great input and improvements to inject based on his past experiences, which was extremely helpful for us. They were able to start within three or four weeks of first meeting, which in my opinion is a reasonable amount of wait time for a larger job, and a good sign that they have plenty of other jobs going on. The bulk of the work took about two months to complete, with a few odds and ends being taken care of over several weeks after that. One of the most amazing aspects of working with Josh and his team, even more than ease of working with them and getting the result you want, is how even after the work was done and they were paid and months had passed, Josh promptly sent someone out on multiple occasions when we called him about any loose ends pertaining to the work that was done. No questions asked and free of additional charge. Thomas Trades also came in at a noticeably lower price point than some of the other highly rated general contractors in and around Wilmington, with no degradation in quality. I definitely recommend hiring them for almost any work you need done in and around your home. Note: We (somewhat specifically) had most of our rooms painted, much of the kitchen redone, a full closet system in the master bedroom, the hardwood floors refinished, the master bath completely gutted and reworked, and a lot of other smaller items taken care of such as custom doors, hardware installs, fixture installs, electrical work, plumbing work, coffered ceilings, wall repair, etc.

Description of Work
Indoor Renovations and Upgrades

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2017

07/12/2017

Sheila E.

Josh was easy to contact through phone call and text.

Description of Work
rotted wood on roof area

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

06/16/2017

Linda B.

I don't know what we would have done without Josh. We needed to get the house ready for sale and lived two hours away. Knowing that Josh was taking care of everything was a life saver and stress reducer.

Description of Work
Interior painting, fence repair, flooring, vanity installation, mold remediation.

Category fencing, plumbing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

03/29/2017

CHERRY H.

This was the third time I've hired Thomas Trades for home improvements, and they come through like champs every time. The work is done to a professional finish, with detail as suits the homeowner. They do not work until it's "good enough" - they work until it is finished properly. We need more people in this industry like Josh Thomas. He is on my go-to list whenever I need renovations and repairs to my home.

Description of Work
Several small to medium jobs getting a house ready for real estate appraisal: painting, installation of new lighting fixtures and ceiling fan, installation of kitchen flooring, installation of new interior doors, carpentry, some drywall.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

Review for Thomas Trades LLC - Castle Hayne, Castle Hayne, NC - 34705459

02/13/2017

Kathy H.

I honestly could not be happier! The quality of the work is exactly what anyone would hope for - no unwanted dribbles/spots of paint anywhere. They protected my floors, doors, windows, crown moldings, baseboards, large fireplace & mantel, and removed all the switch plates and outlet covers before painting. I should mention that my home was empty when the painting was done but I would expect the same level of quality and protection had there been furniture. Planning was right-on too: they didn't underestimate the amount of time it would take to do all the work and allowed proper time for drying before applying the 2nd coat. Their price was competitive as well and included the paint.

Description of Work
2 BRs (no closets or baths), hallway, foyer, living & dining areas and a small un-tiled space in the kitchen painted. Two colors. I also had minor repair work done to one spot in the hallway ceiling. Size-wise I should mention that while my home is over 2000 sq ft, it is open-concept so there weren't as many walls as there might be in another home.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/13/2017

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are grateful for your business. Thank you so much for your appreciation and for putting your trust in Thomas Trades. Good luck moving into the new home! Joshua Thomas

01/07/2017

mark G.

Another fantastic job by Josh and his team at Thomas Trades, my 4th one with them in the past 2 years. I needed a light remodel on my kitchen, and these guys made it quick and painless. They did an amazing job, completely transformed the kitchen! The quality of their work is superior, and I intend to use them again, in fact they are about to do a complete gut and remodel of my bathroom, stay tuned! I cannot recommend them enough. Very reliable, and consistency excellent work. Josh has some talented and hard working people on his hand picked team. You will not meet a nicer guy, he has a genuine passion for what he does.

Description of Work
A light remodel of the kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

Review for Thomas Trades LLC - Castle Hayne, Castle Hayne, NC - 34244644

11/15/2016

David R.

Better than expected! Josh is very professional and great at project management!! Carlos and Isabella are excellent, amazing with attention to details. Add in Kayla, and you have a team you can depend on!! And most important, they have integrity and are most trustworthy!!! A+++

Description of Work
Interior painting and carpentry work.

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

11/14/2016

Novella H.

excellent. Rave reviews for their w ork. I sent my review on the original email.

Description of Work
siding repair

Category siding, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/04/2016

10/26/2016

Barbara D.

My experience with Thomas Trades LLC was very good. We had a special deal then we paid more because they had more done.

Description of Work
I had a big deal purchased on Thomas Trades LLC from Angie's List. They did interior painting of bedroom.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/09/2016

10/24/2016

HOLLY W.

Very well. The quality of work is excellent. I couldn't recommend JT and Michael more highly. They're a great team!

Description of Work
Built custom vanity in master bath, new drawers and cabinets in kitchen

Category custom cabinets, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

10/04/2016

Linda B.

Both repairs were completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace handrail on front porch stairs and replace exterior door in garage.

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/27/2016

06/29/2016

mark G.

The work was executed with the highest level of skill and professionalism. Josh was very collaborative and had a lot of great ideas of his own. Easy to work with and the job was completed in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed bead board ceilings, built deck and screened in porch. Built deck walkway and front entrance steps.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

05/26/2016

Connie M.

Thomas Trades did an excellent job and actually started a few days ahead of schedule. The rooms were gutted to the studs except for the living room with all new insulation and a wall removed between the kitchen/dining room and living room. Josh made custom shaker cabinets with soft closures on the drawers and doors and they are absolutely beautiful. New laminate flooring was installed in all areas. Crown molding was installed in all the rooms and Josh even added the crown molding to two bookcases on each side of the fireplace. Josh removed the bookcases and mantel to take to his workshop to paint to match the woodwork. The extra feature he did over the doors/windows is unique and goes with the shaker cabinets. The old sliding glass door was removed in the dining room and replaced with an original exterior door that has stained glass in it. The team also added a huge dog door to that door. New can lights added to the living room and additional ones added/moved in the kitchen/dining room. Old ceiling fans removed and new ones installed. A new storm door was added to the front of the house along with a rain diverter on the roof. The project stated on 3/24/16 and finished up with inspections on 5/25/2016. My 55 year old house is now up to date for the 21st century. Josh is always on top of everything and is very quick to respond to a text, email or phone call. He and his team are true professionals and go the extra mile to make sure the customer is completely happy. I can't say enough good things about Thomas Trades. I will call them again if I need any more renovations.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of kitchen/dining/living room and family room

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/24/2016

05/22/2016

Ronald G.

Josh and his team did an excellent job. They dealt with my tenants very well, keeping them and me informed throughout the repair. They were prompt and kept their work area clean. They protected surfaces as they worked. They finished as scheduled. A very minor problem found after the work was completed was quickly corrected by Josh himself. I would absolutely recommend and would use Thomas Trades again!

Description of Work
Thomas Trades repaired water damaged drywall, removed popcorn ceiling, installed lights and a fan and painted the ceiling.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, ceiling fans, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/05/2016

Mr. and Mrs. [Removed Member Name], We are truly grateful for your business! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We wish you and your family a Happy Memorial Weekend!

04/18/2016

DL S.

Mr. Thomas is very knowledgeable and did a great job on my house. He was always on schedule. I will definitely hire Thomas Trades again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced windows. Replaced front door, frame & trim. Repaired damaged joint (crawl space), Dig footers & block. Install joist hangers. Install battle insulation & moisture protection (crawl space). Remove Carpets from 2 rooms. Sand, refinish, clear coat hardwood floors in bedrooms, living room, and hallway. Stain & install 1/4 round in bedrooms. Debris removal.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the compliments. We enjoyed working on your home! Josh

03/08/2016

CHRISTOPHER W.

Josh is super responsive and will do everything he can to make the job go well. His guys did a good job and were very polite and easy to work with. Josh came by himself to make sure we were happy with the job and knocked out all the items we asked to be addressed. Literally every time I open my new doors I'm thankful for how well done they are. They seal tight yet are hard to open/close. We had one change order during the job and Josh very professionally laid out what the cost would be and exactly what the work required. Very pleased. I should note that I'm a super details oriented person and Josh and his team always took the time to answer my questions and address my concerns. I've now hired him to replace some windows for me as well.

Description of Work
Replaced two exterior doors and a storm door

Category replacement windows, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/17/2016

01/28/2016

Amber M.

Superb job from Josh and his crew. Very responsive, crew worked quickly, and job was finished within two days. Would highly recommend Josh for future projects.

Description of Work
Removal of original home wire closet shelving and installation of five custom closets with rods and painting, and one wall cabinet in master bath.

Category closet systems, woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

01/17/2016

Kendra W.

Josh and his crew (Brian and Josh) were all very professional and punctual. My only (minor) issue was that there was some confusion about what the crew was supposed to do in terms of removing edging and hauling away. I think that was because they were really busy and the main Josh wasn't there to clarify things. Josh responded quickly to my concerns and was very accommodating. I plan to use them again for a larger project (kitchen remodel). The price was comparable to the other three quotes I got (maybe a little bit higher) but they made up for it in customer service and response time. He also uses email, which I appreciate!

Description of Work
Replace an exterior window with a door. Remove shed and garden edging and haul away.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

12/21/2015

Mary Elizabeth B.

I am very pleased with the work done by Thomas Trades. Josh has been great to work with from the beginning. He was quick to respond to my request for estimates and provided thorough, detailed estimates, so I knew exactly what to expect. With the exception of additions I made along the way, the costs came in as expected. Josh and his crew were great about letting me make the occasional change or addition along the way. His crew members are all very personable and professional. I was always very comfortable with them being in my house whether I was there or not. With the very few minor fixes I found along the way (all small things) all of the TT crew was very willing to take care of anything I wanted done. I'm now working on a second project with Thomas Trades to add a front porch to my house.

Description of Work
gut and redo full bathroom, build deck, reconfigure master and 2nd bedrooms, exterior buildout of new (huge) walk in closet including custom shelving, painting, hang new interior doors

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

Thank you [Member Name Removed] We are grateful for your business. We love working for you and enjoy seeing the transformation taking place. Thank you for being appreciative and taking the time to give us a review. Josh Thomas

10/18/2015

Stewart M.

This was a small project that should have been able to be done in about 4 hours. I had to get on Thomas Trades Calendar about 6 weeks out because they were covered up with new constructions so I waited and in the mean time took down the glass, 4 layers of drywall and the studs so the new door would go in more quickly. Alas 4 hours turned into 8 and I still paid the "discounted" price. The original quote I was given was for $500 plus materials. That is exactly what I was charged despite them not having to do any demolition work as I had already completed that saving Josh's team a few hours labor. I was also charged for 8 labor for each of the two guys doing the work. They were at my house for maybe 6 hours to include their lunch.

Description of Work
Installed in an oversized door

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/27/2015