Tile With Style Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since April 2009

We take care of everything from start to finish. Additional contact name: Nancy Zaffarese

home remodeling (77)tile installation (60)flooring (16)marble & granite (15)plumbers (15)countertop installation (14)interior painting (9)electrician (9)glass repair (7)cabinet makers (7)drywall (6)woodworking (4)

05/27/2020

Laura D.

We had used Tom at Tile with Style four years ago for our master bathroom and trusted he would do excellent work on the the hall bathroom. At his store, they had the perfect selection for the style I had in mind. He installed tile flooring, vanity, mirrors, backsplash, & tiled tub surround. His electrician was wonderful and tacked another job for me. He and Tom had suggestions to upgrade with an extra can light in and a timer for the exhaust fan. Tom was so easy to work with and went the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I highly recommend Tile with Style!

Description of Work
Hall bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Review for Tile With Style Inc - 2733 NC Hwy 55, Cary, NC - 38596084

Thank you so much for the review we are glad that you love your new bathroom.

05/25/2020

Greg D.

The team at Tile with Style were outstanding to work with and delivered a beautiful kitchen. Tom worked with us to plan the kitchen and provided an accurate and competitive estimate. Nancy provided very helpful insights in tile and countertop selection. Tom and team did an an excellent job replacing the floors, installing new lighting, building in a new hood with ducting, adding a gasline for the new gas cooktop, installing the cabinets and countertops, painting, adding trim, and overall finishing work. He communicated clearly and supported a number of custom requests. We could not be happier with the final product and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tile with Style/

Description of Work
Complete Floor to Ceiling Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Review for Tile With Style Inc - 2733 NC Hwy 55, Cary, NC - 38590242

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it was a pleasure working with your family.

10/26/2019

Daniel A.

Working with Owners was great, tiler who did work was very neat, had a new Kitchen Backsplash put in and work quality was fantastic. The actual cost came in less then originally quoted, great value for a great job. A+ all the way around.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review, it is much appreciated. We are glad that you like your backsplash.

01/10/2019

Carol H.

Tile with Style did a beautiful job completely remodeling my bathroom. They offered suggestions when what I was thinking of doing would not work. They tore out everything old, disposed of trash and cleaned up afterward. They are expert tile layers, doing a perfect tiling job on the floor and shower enclosure. They and their subcontractors also took care of everything else, putting in a new cabinet, doing all plumbing work, hanging mirrors, and installing lighting and accessories. All the workers were friendly but polite and professional. I never worried about leaving them in the house alone. I would readily hire this company again or recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so happy you're enjoying your remodel!

06/08/2018

Darci O.

It was a great experience from beginning to end. I was overwhelmed and inexperienced, but Nancy patiently helped me choose everything according to my taste and stayed within my budget without settling. Tom and his wonderful, hard-working crew (Bob and Ralph) are true artists and kept me laughing through the whole process. They began a week early, finished within the time frame promised and patiently worked with me as I selected hardware, plumbing and lighting fixtures. The result is truly a masterpiece bathroom! I would highly recommend Tile With Style because they are uber experienced (tile experts), down-to-earth and honest, fairly priced, responsive, easy to work with and locally/family owned and operated. Thank you TWS!

Description of Work
Master bath gut and total redo with tile, granite, radiant heating, plumbing, electrical, several inspections/permits, enlarged shower and bench in place of tub

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, glass block, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

Review for Tile With Style Inc - 2733 NC Hwy 55, Cary, NC - 37137946

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind review! We all agree that it was such a pleasure working with you!

04/22/2018

Patricia S.

Awesome work! I'll start by saying that I am very particular and hard to please. Tile with Style is a family owned business that exceeded our expectations. We have had many different projects completed in our home by different contractors however none have made us happier than Tile with Style. Demi and Nancy were a great help in the showroom and with communication. Tom and Bob were just beyond amazing. They truly care about customer satisfaction and will go to great lengths to ensure that the client is truly happy. The estimate was was very reasonable; the entire family was very professional and personable. They arrived when expected and worked hard all day with only a lunch break. When the job was complete we were actually sad to say goodbye. We would hire Tile with Style again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Kitchen tile floor and backsplash

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review .and for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

03/07/2018

Joanna C.

Tom and Nancy at Tile With Style were professional, helpful and lovely to work with. However their pricing was high compared to other contractors. We ended up using different contractors because of the noticeable price difference.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel - flooring, countertops and backsplash

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

I am not sure of the materials, workmanship, and the scope of work that you ended up having done in your home so it makes it difficult to compare apples to apples. But in the end I hope your job turned out fantastic. Sorry we missed the opportunity to serve you .

02/12/2018

Barton F.

The crew showed up pretty much on-time and promptly got to work. They did a great job consulting and also in protecting other parts of the kitchen while they worked, and even worked through a lengthy power outage (grouting). Overall, I'm pleased with the services provided and would recommend Tile with Style to others.

Description of Work
Tiled Kitchen Backsplash

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

We are so glad that you were happy with our work. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you

03/21/2017

Cynthia S.

Once we were on the schedule, Tom and his crew went to work and it was completed with no delay. Everyone took great care to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted. The workmanship was top notch. The glass installers told me that they love it when Tom does a shower, because it is always done right. When we ran into obstacles with vents or plumbing, they were handled well and with a reasonable cost. I also appreciated the crew cleaning up daily, and using exhaust fans in the windows to keep the house clean. The bathroom turned out beautifully. The kitchen is next. We are very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
We did a complete remodel of our master bath. Tile with Style built and installed our shower and bath, did all tile work including new floor, and installed plumbing fixtures. They also installed our cabinets, and did all drywall work. We purchased our plumbing fixtures separately, along with granite, lights, glass doors, and mirrors. We did the painting.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

Review for Tile With Style Inc - 2733 NC Hwy 55, Cary, NC - 34655149

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. It makes us happy to know that our workmanship Is noticed and appreciated. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you

02/16/2017

Austin P.

with them had the same guy call back asking for the address and what was being done again after we talked, he told me I didn't take notes so I don't know what's going on tell me again, are you kidding me, I mean come on make something up like, I don't have my book in front of me can you refresh my memory, not I didn't take notes so tell me what we're doing again!!!

Description of Work
Set up appointment

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/16/2017

Sir , before I come to your house to do your free estimate I work in the field installing tile and ripping out walls and floors all day long . I did not ask for your address I had your address . We work with a lot of people and I do a lot of free estimates at night all week long I only got to speak with you on the phone we never met in person so if I ask you to please refresh my memory please excuse me it's a very very long day . I wish you much success with your bathroom remodel And I am sorry I inconvenienced you . Have a great weekend

08/08/2016

Samuel M.

They arrived on time and completed the work within the estimates timeframe. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Tile with style Installed a brick front on my fireplace.

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review .we appreciate it .

07/22/2016

Margaret G.

Review of Tile With Style—work completed March 2015 Each day we celebrate the results of renovations of our small and medium size old bathrooms performed by Tile With Style. I say “celebrate” because it has been great to use attractive, functional “new” bathrooms for our personal and health needs and to relax and pamper ourselves in the whirlpool tub. “New” because all original floor and shower tile, plumbing, counters, wall cabinets, and lighting were replaced, as was the tub. And walls and ceilings were repaired or replaced, and painted, Kudos to Tom and Nancy Zaffarese for their great patience and thoughtful advice in helping us to arrive at an excellent design and to acquire cabinets, countertops and accessories to meet our aesthetic and functional needs. And, kudos to their excellent team of installers, Ralph, Bob and Dale, and the team of plumbers and electricians who worked cooperatively with Tom’s supervision to implement the plan with skill and care. Tile With Style is an apt name for the company since the work and the results were stylish. One shower originally was too cramped and claustrophobic, with old, low quality aluminized sliding, translucent glass doors. With Tom’s advice, the shower ceiling was raised, the end columns were removed and a shelf was built into the back wall. New transparent bronzed sliding glass doors were installed. The shower feels much more spacious and is more user friendly. And, a ceiling heater/fan was installed just outside the shower to warm a wet body while drying. In the other bathroom, the very heavy old cast iron tub was pulverized (no small feat!) to remove it from the room and give way to a new whirlpool tub, which has been in great demand among family members. Of course, floor and shower wall tiling was done to match the other bathroom as well as the stained hardwood hallway floors. And, the counter with a single sink was replaced with one with two sinks. What a difference all of this has made in how we use the facilities and how we feel much more positive about it. Since the walls were a mess from aging and our foolishly inadequate attempts to remove wall paper, they were replaced with new sheetrock and crown molding, and the popcorn ceilings were redone. Toilets were reset and cosmetic cabinets and mirrors were installed on the walls. In other words, the two bathrooms had a complete makeover, not merely a facelift. In addition, following Tom’s advice, smoke alarms were installed in all bedrooms to bring the house into compliance with code. All the work was done with competence and energy and with regard to aesthetics. There was only one hiccup in the job, when a miscommunication between one person inside and one outside the house led to water flow being restored when a pipe fitting had not yet been secured. Water that leaked from the floor to the ceiling below damaged some of the ceiling tiles there. However, at no cost to us, Ralph redid that entire aging ceiling, doing a much better job than had been done previously, and with new tile. Overall, that snafu worked to our benefit since Tile With Style guarantees their work and takes full responsibility for gaining the customer’s satisfaction. When the time comes to redo our kitchen, we will be calling on them again.

Description of Work
Total makeover of two old bathrooms

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/02/2015

Thank you, we look forward to doing your kitchen and glad you are enjoying your new bathrooms .

01/05/2016

Rachel P.

I also had a bizarre experience with Nancy. It's almost like they just didn't want my business. I called, went in, followed up, and nothing back. I decided to work with another bath company.

Description of Work
Tried to get a quote and evaluation and couldn't.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

I am sorry for the mixup , to be totally honest I cannot find A file with your name on it . So it has either been missed placed or we did not set up a time to select materials and go over design in order for Tom to come out to your home . Either way I truly apologize and hope that you have a successful experience with your project .

12/29/2015

William M.

Nancy engaged with me initially, and I took home some tile samples from the store. I returned the samples, then left calls a couple of times to get an estimate on kitchen backsplashes, but the calls were never returned.

Description of Work

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/11/2015

Hi , I apologize , i'm not sure what the confusion is however I do see that I sent out an estimate on December 11th. Please let me know that you received it. I also had the phone company out to my office and had to replace my phone because It kept going out . Please let me know if you would like to move forward and I [Member Name Removed] call you on Monday . Sorry for any inconvenience

04/15/2015

Jennifer H.

Our bathroom is beautiful and we're so happy with the results. The tile work is beautiful. Tom and Nancy were easy to work with and had several good suggestions that made the process easier for us. Workers showed up when scheduled, put down drop cloths and tried to keep the mess/dust to a minimum. Everything went smoothly. Hope to work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
They demolished the existing bathroom: this included removing the tile shower stall down to the subfloor, removing the vanity, taking out a knee wall and removing the vinyl floor. The only thing not removed was the garden tub, although they did remove the tile splash around the tub. They then rebuilt and tiled the shower, tiled around the tub, tiled the floor, replaced the plumbing fixtures, replaced/relocated lights and exhaust fan and replaced the vanity.

Work Completed On 02/13/2015

Review for Tile With Style Inc - 2733 NC Hwy 55, Cary, NC - 27680741

Thank you [member name removed] , we are glad you love your bathroom also thank you so much for putting that picture up that is so helpful and thoughtful . We appreciate your business.

04/14/2015

Yvette R.

I just had the most bizarre exchange with this provider. I emailed them yesterday and asked if they could assist me in providing a quote for a subway tile backsplash for my kitchen. I received a response email today asking me for my home address and the total square footage of the area. I responded back @ 11:43 am with the requested information and even went a step further in telling them exactly the tile that I was interested in using. I had seen it in a local tile shop (that is also a national chain) and sent them the product name and item # so that they could see exactly what I have in mind. Nancy called me @12:01 PM and stated that they don't normally purchase their materials from other providers but they had an opening this Thursday only and may be able to squeeze me in. I asked her if she had looked at the tiles that I had in mind to see if they had something that was comparable. She said that she hadn't look at them and couldn't pull up the website of the chainstore because she was busy helping another customer at the moment. (I'm not sure why she called me if she was helping another customer but okay whatever). She and I then went around in circles for about 7 minutes with her asking me about specifics of the tile which frustrated me to no end because all she had to do was pull up the website to see all of the specs that she was asking me (a non-tile professional) for. She said if I texted her a picture of the tile then she could look at it and know what size/thickness it was. That made absolutely no sense to me but finally said okay, I'll text you a picture. I hung up the phone at 12:07 PM and before I could even open up the photo app on my phone, she called me back @ 12:10 PM to say that she just talked to her husband and they had taken another project for Thursday and wouldn't have any availability until July. I'm not sure what transpired between Nancy and her husband in those three minutes or whether or not what she said was true but it made me feel like I was being told in a pretty obvious way that they did not want my business. If that's how they treat prospective customers, I hate to see the way they treat you after they have your money. Thanks for sparing me the grief.

Description of Work
Nothing. Literally.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/14/2015

03/24/2015

Shelly N.

I love this company. From my consultation with the owners to the installation went smoothly. My phone calls were always returned quickly and the installers showed up on time and were very professional. They explained what they were going to do and did it. They came back when they said they would to finish the job. This was the easiest part of my whole kitchen remodel. I had to drive a half an hour to get to their showroom but it was worth it. Thank you so much!!! I love my tile and my kitchen.

Description of Work
Tiled my backsplash with white subway tiles.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/06/2014

03/13/2015

Megan D.

Tom and Nancy and their crew were helpful with suggestions at first in their showroom where we choose the tile and additionally on site with small decisions like which grout to use and how long to extend with tile behind the free standing tub. The trades people showed up on time to do the work when Tom said they would and were friendly and professional. I felt as though I knew what was going on every day. Despite unforeseen delays due to snowy weather, Tom kept the project on track. The bathroom looks fantastic!

Description of Work
Demolished the existing bathroom, moved plumbing and electrical to accommodate the new layout. Shifted bathroom door to new location. Installed heated floor. Tiled floor, shower and walls behind tub. Installed Vanities, coordinated shower glass install and granite installation.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

01/20/2015

CATHY T.

We weren't doing a gut remodel. This seemed to bother the other person we got a bid from. Tile w/ Style NC was super easy to work with. They helped us select the time. The workers showed up on time and the bath is beautiful.

Description of Work
Bath remodel - specifically tiled floor, new tub, tile around tub.

Work Completed On 10/17/2014

12/30/2014

Linda B.

It was fine. What was nice about them was it's a one spot shop. You go there and they help you pick out everything in their store. You don't have to go to multiple places.

Description of Work
I used Tile with Style for bathroom remodeling. They did everything and plumbing.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, glass repair, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/30/2014

Thank you [member name removed] . Have a Happy New Year

12/11/2014

Theresa M.

We contacted them and they came out to look at the area we wanted tiled. My husband felt they asked the right questions and really seemed to know what they were doing. We were able to go to their showroom to pick out the tile and they had a great selection to choose from. They came to do the work when they said they would and completed it a day early. It looks great!

Description of Work
Put down leveling compound , backer board, tile and grout on a portion of our family room floor.

Work Completed On 12/11/2014

Thank you for the review, we appreciate The opportunity to work with you

10/27/2014

Jon H.

We couldn't be happier with the results! Our house is 27 years old and the floors had settled in quite a few spots. It took a lot of talent and patience for Tom and his crew to get it right, but they did it. The previous tile installers had incorrectly installed a mud floor in the sunroom, so that all had to come out as well as the 3/4" plywood subfloor in the kitchen, hallway, and front entry. The TWS crew installed concrete board in all areas and then carefully applied leveling compound to return the floor to as close to a perfect level as possible. The grout job and reinstallation of 1/4 round molding were done to perfection. Before starting the tear out, the crew hung plastic sheeting everywhere to contain as much dust as possible. Each day they cleaned up and left things as neat as possible. They did a very good job with the final clean up -- hardly knew that had been here...except for our beautiful new floor. We're planning a master bathroom remodel in the near future. One of the reasons we went with TWS for this job is because Tom will serve as the general contractor on a complete remodel. We felt that if the tile job went well, we would know who we want when it comes time to do the bathroom. We'll be repeat customers. Price wise, their bid was competitive although not the lowest. We felt paying a little more was worth it given their reputation for quality work. Given the challenges our floors presented, I would say they were well worth the cost. Thanks, Tom and Nancy. See you again soon.

Description of Work
Removed old tile and defective subflooring in front entryway, hallway, powder room, kitchen, sunroom, and 3 closets. Installed cement board and leveling compound in all spaces. Installed and grouted 20x20 porcelain tile. Installed 1/4 molding.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling