PREP-RITE PAINTING CORPORATION

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2006

Po Box 5628

Cary, NC 27512

Prep-Rite Painting has been providing residential interior and exterior painting services to homeowners in the Triangle area of North Carolina for over 17 years. Locally owned and operated by Harry Pappas, Prep-Rite Painting is fully licensed and insured and a proud member of The Holly Springs

05/30/2020

WILLIAM J.

I entered a request for a quote through Angie's List. After more than one week, I have received no response from this company.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of the entire house

07/03/2019

Suzan N.

Estimate was very hands on with a full walk around, pointing out problems, talking about options, etc. Work started 2-3 weeks later. Carpentry & powerwash were subcontracted but everyone kept us informed, was punctual and picked up every day. There were some weather related delays which can't be helped. They tracked the weather and let us know 2-3 days ahead when they thought there would be a problem. Seven working days total with 3-5 people on site every day. They even painted the metal porch rail and mail box! No payment until final walk through was approved.

Description of Work
Full exterior - paint, wood trim repair, powerwash

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

05/16/2018

Kelly G.

Josh was very prompt in returning my call and coming out to view my deck and provide a quote. He was able to suggest the best type of stain for my particular situation (old and new wood, stained and unstained) and quickly got us on the schedule. His crew was also prompt, professional and did a great job. The price was very reasonable. I would use Prep-Rite again.

Description of Work
Deck pressure washing and staining

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

05/17/2017

L C.

Joshua of the company is very nice and professional. He always response to my e-mails or phone calls in time. The carpenter and painter teams worked hard and friendly too.

Description of Work
Repaired rotten wood and painted the exterior

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Thank you for your business!

04/11/2017

Lizzie B.

Excellent work by Harry Pappas -Prep-Rite and their crew. They were courteous, professional easy to work with and any questions with a quick communication. Crews were timely, thorough and meticulous. Best prep work and wood repair, clearly skilled workers. Extremely satisfied and exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior & Repairs

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for your review and your business!

02/21/2017

Bob D.

The crew was very efficient, pleasant and professional. The crew leader had been working for the company for over 12 years. Quite happy with results.

Description of Work
Painting of kitchen, bathroom and garage.

Category interior painters

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for your review and your business!

05/26/2016

William H.

Very detailed quote, very professional sales process - straightforward, candid, no hidden charges. Excellent crew; 3-person crew worked thoroughly and did not rush work even though weather was pushing their schedule at a busy time of the year. Two coats for this work with a color change and significant trim work with many windows and a front porch.

Description of Work
Exterior paint - two level home; related carpentry and pressure washing preparation.

02/01/2016

Dan S.

I am very pleased with how it went. The quote was very detailed, and provided a few extra options for me to consider (option to prime the lower lip of the siding, and an option to refinish the front door). The project was completed on schedule, and communication throughout was superb.

Description of Work
Repaired rotted wood and painted house exterior (siding, trim, windows, doors).

Category contractors, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, doors

01/14/2016

Avda B.

This firm is the most professional, punctual, efficient I have ever used. The cleaning was exceptional, we were more than pleased and would recommend them without hesitation to anyone who wants to have a positive experience in carpet cleaning services.

Description of Work
Steam cleaned rugs in three rooms

11/08/2015

John M.

Paint coverage is excellent, the house looks great. Painters worked 5 days and subcontracted power wash and a wood repair. They were polite and communicated what they were doing when, and provided recommendations on paint, stain, and colors. Really happy with the finished job.

Description of Work
Painted home exterior, including garage door, porch metal rails, staining wood porch and 3 porch ceilings

Category contractors, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

05/31/2015

CARMEN D.

They were great! The house looks brand new! They paint team was so professional and friendly. They did a very thorough and excellent job.

Description of Work
Pressure washed the house. Replaced and repaired damaged siding. Painted exterior siding and shutters. Sealed deck.

05/17/2015

Robert S.

Well, showed up when they scheduled and worked quickly. Explained what they were doing and why. I don't have a lot to say, but they did a great job.

Description of Work
Powerwash, paint and carpentry on external trim. Also stained deck.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

08/14/2014

Rebecca G.

PrepRite had such a great team to work with me! They were exactly what I appreciate... They werre on time, cleaned up daily, provided high attention to a quality job, and very respectful of me and my home. I couldn't ask for more. I definitely made the right choice with this company. Also, the initial and continued communication with Harry was outstanding. I couldn't recommend this company more. They may not be the cheapest but I feel that I definitely got my money's worth in quality and ease.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting including all prep, 2 coats, masonite siding and trim

08/11/2014

Jeffrey R.

Very easy to work with and responsive. One of the days they were there painting we were grappling with the decision to put our 15 year old dog to sleep and in fact did so the next day while they were painting. I felt badly not checking in on the crew often but the sadness was too much- but they handled the job and even when I failed to find the deck stain sample we had used prior, Roberto went out before we left on vacation that morning and got the stain he thought it was to make sure we were happy with it before he did the stain. At such a difficult time I surely appreciated his understanding and effort. Kenneth, the carpenter, was also very responsive. I okayed the shutterdogs to be applied a certain way. When they were completely installed I realized they were backwards from how I wanted them! Kenneth didn't make me feel bad and was able to take them off and put them the way that I wanted. I felt so bad but he never made me feel bad. I highly recommend PrepRite Painting Corp, Harry and Roberto and Kenneth were nothing but professional and efficient. Our house looks brand new! It was well worth the cost- PrepRite was the middle price estimate for the 3 estimates I got for the project.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of our 12 year old house. Powerwashed, replaced some wood trim and applied a product prior to painting to help the new paint stick to our powdery old paint. Painted shutters, gutters, porch, stained front porch and back deck, painted ceiling fans on front porch, installed shutter hardware (faux hinges and shutterdogs) and two window boxes.

Category decks, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

06/13/2014

Pat Ryan H.

Great job, looks like it was painted yesterday. Brush painted and suggested slight gloss paint. It has held up and not faded at all. I wouldn't use anyone else.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of our house. I

06/10/2014

Kenneth T.

We've used Harry Pappas and Prep-Rite to paint our house twice before and they did an absolutely fantastic job both times. They are not the low-price painter, but this is a case of "you get what you pay for"! True to their name, the house is prepped right before they paint and that means all rot is replaced, all siding is repaired, and every joint is caulked and sealed like you can't believe. Then they hand paint with high quality paint. This leads to a paint job that is far superior to others I have seen around our neighborhood. It looks better and lasts longer. And they do a great job of cleaning up afterwards. On this particular job, we didn't need a full house paint job. Rather we simply wanted to make sure the house was fixed up to get it ready to go on the market. The powerwasher made our deck and driveway look like new. The construction guy is awesome and fixed numerous places around the house, both that we saw and some that we hadn't. And the painters matched the paint perfectly to complete the job. Best of all, I appreciate Harry's dedication to customer service. The powerwasher sprayed one of our new LED motion detection lights and it shorted out the circuitry. Harry is paying to have it replaced!

Description of Work
Prepped home for sale including powerwashing, carpentry repairs and touch-up paint.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

02/22/2014

MICHAEL H.

Excellent communications, prompt response to my requests, price went higher than expected, but the service exceeded our expectations, so we were happy with the overall value. This is our second contract with Prep-Rite.

Description of Work
Repair/paint/weatherproof outdoor areas on our brick home.

02/21/2014

Natalie W.

He gets things done quickly. I think he just does an excellent job and he follows up and I think they take pride in their work. He is not messy at all because when he painted our house we had plants and stuff all around and he was great. The price was very competitive. I would continue use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Prep Rite Painting Corporation for painting in fall. He stained and restained the Pardula. In the past he has painted two rooms in the house.

Category house painters, interior painters

10/25/2013

Steve R.

For the second time we had Prep-Rite paint our house. We were very "overdue" in the need to have the house painted, and as expected found bad wood. After getting a few other estimates, we decided to go back with Harry Pappas at Prep-Rite. We were very happy with the work done originally and were delighted that he was on Angie's list as well (after all, companies do change over the years.. luckily they had not!) What I really like about Prep-Rite is that like their name, they really take the time to prep a house for painting. In our case, that's especially important. Harry had Kenneth (owner of KA Construction) come over and do the estimate for repair and provided a very detailed estimate. I always feel better when I see the detail. Once the repair started, they were all very professional, had good communication skills, were very respectful of the property, and always kept things very clean. As expected, they found some additional hidden damage, but again, Kenneth provided a very detailed estimate for the repair. One thing I really liked was that Kenneth used all Hardy Plank and PCV (non rotting) replacement. Therefore, we know that at least what was changed will not have to be replaced in the future. Then the painters came. The team that worked here were again very professional, very respectful of our property. They took their time and did the job right! What was great was that I wanted to incorporate some upgrades in the paint used. Harry did a wonderful job guiding me to accomplish my goals but not overspend where it wasn't necessary. Overall this was a great experience and I would highly recommend Prep-Rite again!

Description of Work
Repaired bad wood and painted the entire exterior of our home

Category woodworking, house painters

09/10/2013

Ryan H.

We really can't say enough about the quality of work done by the Prep-Rite crew. They were timely, thorough, and meticulous. Harry was personable and great to work with. Our house is almost 50 years old and has some variations in the trim that we really wanted to make sure were painted in colors that were the most complimentary. Harry worked with us to establish the best way to do that, and the results are exactly what we were going for. The existing siding is in decent shape, but the job that the Prep-Rite crew did painting it really helped it to look much better than it did before. Harry was very thorough in his follow up of the crew's work, pointing out things he thought needed touching up that we had not even noticed. The crew promptly came back out and followed through with the finishing touches. We absolutely recommend Prep-Rite to anyone and will gladly hire them again.

Description of Work
Pressure washing, carpentry work, and extensive prep of surfaces to be painted. Painting of all siding, trim, and exterior doors. Screen porch and deck stairs, as well as a small section of fencing/stairs also painted/stained.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

09/09/2013

Aylan S.

He is an excellent guy, very professional and just a nice person to talk to. Our neighbors used him a few years ago for their paint project and were very happy with the work. Unfortunately, his price was considerably more than some of the other quotes we were given ($5,000). That is the only reason we decided not to use him this time.

Description of Work
Harry came out for an estimate on exterior and interior paint and some carpentry repairs.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

08/13/2013

Lou O.

I interviewed 3 painting contractors and found Prep-Rite to be the best mix of experience, quality, and price. The owner, Mr. Harry Pappas, was incredibly diligent in maintaining communication. I always knew when things would happen, and at all time felt completely confident that he and were working as a team to get my house looking as good as possible. His crews, supervised by Kenneth (carpentry) and David (prep and painting) were punctual, considerate, professional, flexible, and clean. I would use these guys again in an instant!

Description of Work
Replaced significant sections of deteriorated 18-year old hard board siding; Replaced treads of deck stairs; Fixed multiple instances of rotted wood; prepared entire house for painting; Hand brushed entire house with top-quality Benjamin Moore paint using 4 different colors; Stained deck; Cleaned up.

Category contractors, siding, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters

08/05/2013

Steven P.

Harry was very engaging and thorough in pre-painting walkthroughs, options, and in cost tradeoffs. His crew was very careful, thorough, and professional. They were able to finish the estimated 4-day project in 3.

Description of Work
paint house and trim, stain front door

07/20/2013

Charles H.

Overall, job went really well. Whenever there were things that I did not particularly like, they were willing to correct those items to my satisfaction. I am extremely picky as I am a building inspector - so if they satisfied me - then they are pretty good. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Prep-Rite painted the exterior of my home, which included all the prep work (repair to hardy-plank siding, caulking of joints, etc.).

Category siding, house painters

04/24/2013

Michelle F.

We were very impressed by both the carpentry crew and painting crew. We actually made our final decision in choosing Prep-rite based on the effort the carpenter made in giving us a thorough estimate. Both the carpenters and painters were all very punctual and professional. They worked very hard non-stop and did a meticulous job. The painting foreman, Roberto, was very kind and talked to us every day to let us know what they were doing or to ask us any questions. The only suggestion I would have for the owner is to make the estimate and email communication more personable instead of simply a form email that states, "Dear Customer". At least, we knew that Harry was more personable in person!

Description of Work
We hired Prep-rite to perform exterior painting of our house. Since we had a significant amount of wood-rot around the windows, we also had them make carpentry repairs prior to painting. We wanted the painting done correctly and after talking with Harry, the owner, we felt that his company would do the most thorough job prepping.

Category woodworking, house painters

AMAYA PAINTING INC

We are a family-owned painting business and have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! We guarantee that we won't leave until the job is completed to your satisfaction! Our owner is on-site supervising every step of your project! We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Award 2022
    Alex's Painting

Award 2022
    Offers by Alex's Painting on Angi
    Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING , WATERPROOFING, WALLPAPER SERVICES, POWER WASHING, WOOD REPAIR AND CARPENTRY WORK, DECK STAINING, CONCRETE STAINING, CONCRETE PAINTING. EPOXY FLOOR PAINTING, CABINET PAINTING, AND DRYWALL REPAIR. INTERIOR TRIM INSTALLATION, BUILTINS AND SHELVING.