JL Morales Painting, Inc.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2017

Serving the Triangle for over 15 years, we offer exterior and interior painting services – both residential and commercial – including drywall repair, carpentry work, ceiling texture removal as well as deck and fencing repair and staining. All estimates are free and we'll work around your schedule

interior painting (13)house painting (7)woodworking (5)drywall (5)pressure washing (4)deck cleaning (1)

04/15/2022

Sandra R.

Mr. Morales is a pleasure to work with. In addition to painting, he installed crown molding, repaired drywall, and replaced the rotted trim on the front and back porches. I gave his company 4 stars instead of 5 only because he has not gotten back to me about re-doing the messy caulking job I asked him to fix.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

01/28/2021

Polly B.

Excellent job. Timely and clean

Description of Work
Painting interior multiple rooms and ceiling. Repair serious crack.

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

Review for JL Morales Painting, Inc. - 303 Gray St, Cary, NC - 39161936

12/22/2020

Charlie F.

Everything went great. Arrived ontime everyday, contractors worked hard all day, had discussions with me several times to get my input on how best to make repairs, did a final walk thru to ensure I was satisfied with overall job & returned to fix small repairs I requested. Will use them again.

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painting & replacing some rotten wood/molding & steps

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

08/19/2020

Jill N.

Rafael and his team cleaned, repaired and painted the exterior of our home, trim, doors and shutters and stained the deck. They were punctual, professional, unobtrusive and cleaned up the site exceptionally well. Rafael was particularly helpful in suggesting materials to use for repair and assisting with the selection of colors as well as the brand and grade of paint. Despite signing off and paying for the job when I noticed a small amount of deck stain on the white house trim Rafael sent a team member back to repaint that area of trim. Rafael was extremely responsive and available before, during and after the actual painting and we will hire his team again in several years to repaint the exterior or earlier to paint our interior. Rafael and his team made having our house painted as pleasant as possible. We are very, very happy with the result and many neighbors have complimented us on our home. Thank you Rafael and team!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

06/24/2020

Bobby R.

It went very well. The team came in and did a fantastic job repairing ceilings after I removed popcorn. They patched, primed, sanded and painted.

Description of Work
Painting ceilings, repairing ceilings, sanding

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/11/2020

Matt H.

Our experience with JL Morales for our exterior home paint job in Durham could not have been better. We worked with Rafael and his crew, and we highly recommend them. Our project was to repaint all of our exterior, siding and trim, and complete carpentry repair where needed due to water damage. Everything was done well and looks great, and it was an extremely pleasant experience. This was our first time contracting out painting services, and every step of the process was excellent. Rafael was the first to promptly come out for an estimate, and the estimate was BY FAR the most competitive from the handful of local companies we got. He was also able to schedule our project much more promptly than the competitors we initially explored. Every day of their work, the crew was on time, professional, courteous, and they took a lot of pride in their work. They were great people to work with - it was very easy and comfortable to discuss the work, and I can’t describe how easy it was to trust that they wanted to do the best job they could for us. They are the professionals you want - they are insured, they prioritize your project from start to finish, your project will be closely and well-managed, and the work speaks for itself: the prep and cleaning had the old paint looking great again before the new paint, the carpentry and sealing and painting were very thoroughly and well done, their estimate was very accurate, and they stand by their work with a 2-yr, all-inclusive warranty. From my experience, everyone should consider Rafael and JL Morales for their project.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint Job

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/07/2020

Review for JL Morales Painting, Inc. - 303 Gray St, Cary, NC - 38635782

01/28/2020

Rob B.

The job went very well. Originally I had requested to simply repair and repaint the existing textured ceiling. As work began it became clear that most of the texture was falling off so we decided to have it removed and repainted without texture and also include repainting the walls. This required 2 additional days which was expressed up front but the final job came out very nice and was done to adjusted timeline.

Description of Work
Living room vaulted ceiling and walls painted

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

07/01/2019

William S.

They were extremely anxious to win our business and worked extremely hard to make certain that we were completely satisfied. They took great pride in their work. The job became more complex when wall paper had to be stripped and walls repaired and skim coated before painting. The did an excellent job. They were on schedule to start and complete. I can't recommend their work enough.

Description of Work
House Painting and Power Washing

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

12/03/2018

Roger A.

Went quite well, work was done correctly and when promised. Site was left clean. No issues at all and would def use them again.

Description of Work
Whole house painting with some wood & siding replacement

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

10/10/2018

Willie M.

Very well.

Description of Work
Painted Kitchen walls and trim.Very well

Cost $1,050.57

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

10/09/2018

Jeff R.

Crew showed up on time each day as communicated. They finished the work within the estimated time, and brought enough crew to get job done on time. This was notable since we had to reschedule at the last minute, and they were still able to accommodate the new schedule and get the work done. Very clean painting job, follow up the day after with any touch up needed (really, one spot in the entire house, after painting every room). Also let us know if we found anything else that needed touch up to let them know. Extra paint all labeled clearly with rooms for future use. Overall very pleased.

Description of Work
Painting interior of home

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

08/24/2018

Sue P.

We were very pleased with the professionalism of everyone at JLMorales. The arrived early in the morning and worked a full day cleaning the yard at the end of each day. We were impressed with everyone's attention to detail. Mike provided us with a detailed listing of the jobs to be performed in the estimate and then Juan and his team executed the work. Our house looks beautiful and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior House painting of siding and trim, deck staining. Applied water repellent to brick veneer siding.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

08/04/2018

Amy M.

I was getting quotes from several painting companies. JL was the first one. I told them I needed the job done asap. I accepted the rather high quote but they couldn't do it until the day after I needed it done. They knew this but said it was the only day they could do the job. In the meantime, I had another company come in for a quote. They were $100 less, they included more painting than JL and they could do it the following day. Who would you choose? I set an email to JL explaining the reason for my cancellation with them. I received a very unprofessional email from them saying to never call them in the future. Don't worry JL!

Description of Work
Prepping house for a move out. Painting and dry wall repairs.

Category drywall, interior painters

We are very surprised at these disparaging remarks as we pride ourselves on our professionalism. We feel an explanation is needed for those curious about this kind of rating. Customer said work work needed to be complete by July 27 and said other companies she talked to could not schedule with such short notice. We informed customer we could start and complete job on the 27th. She said this would be perfect. We rearranged or schedule to accommodate this date. And, in fact, turned down bigger job offers for the same day. Client sent an email two days before job date and informed us she found another company and the job was already finished. The email the customer refers to follows in its entirety and is unedited: "I admit I am very disappointed as we turned down a larger job for Friday due to our commitment to you and the timing you requested. I will also admit that in the 7+ years I have been doing this, a client has never backed out in this way before. You've left us in a tough position. Good luck with your move -- but please know there is no need to call us in the future." Bottom line is that this customer broke a verbal and written agreement. We expressed our disappointment and rather than pursue legal options in small claims court, we just let it go.

07/17/2018

maria F.

J.L.Morales just re-painted in our new home as we were not satisfied with our contractor. The team was totally professional, on time and neat as a pin. We love the new master suit and living areas. We will definitely have the again in the near future Maria Fields

Description of Work
Master Bedroom, Master Bath And accent wall

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

06/16/2018

LaVoyce H.

They did an excellent job. I mostly hired them because their estimate was detailed and listed everything they would do and they did . They can in time and worked diligently and finished the job promptly. All the workmen and women were courteous and I was comfortable having them around. I would certainly recommend them

Description of Work
outside of house painted

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/16/2018

05/30/2018

Nicole L.

My husband and I were so pleased with the work done by Juan and his team. We had never had our home professionally painted before, we always had done it ourselves. (Anyone can paint right?) Boy had we missed out with all the small details that make a big difference! Patching, chalking, and trim all excellently excuted. Friendly and trustworthy to top it off!

Description of Work
Interior paint of entire house, walls and ceilings.

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

Review for JL Morales Painting, Inc. - 303 Gray St, Cary, NC - 37112628

12/03/2017

R D.

Performed as promised. On time and on price

Description of Work
4 rooms painted and 1 staircase wall

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

11/28/2017

James C.

Mike arrived on time for our appointment and was very knowledgeable, helping us choose which colors would work best with our interiors. Mike provided us a sensible quote and his team delivered. They were hard working and professional. I appreciated their attention to detail and care they took within our home. The overall experience was terrific. I would highly recommend them and plan to use them for any future painting needs.

Description of Work
We needed various interiors of our home painted: Two bedrooms, one bath, a living room and dining room.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Contact

Phone

303 Gray St

Cary, NC 27513

Website

Check, PayPal

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about JL Morales Painting, Inc.

How is JL Morales Painting, Inc. overall rated?

JL Morales Painting, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are JL Morales Painting, Inc. open?

JL Morales Painting, Inc. is open:

What payment options does JL Morales Painting, Inc. provide

JL Morales Painting, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal

Does JL Morales Painting, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, JL Morales Painting, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does JL Morales Painting, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, JL Morales Painting, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does JL Morales Painting, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, JL Morales Painting, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by JL Morales Painting, Inc.?

Yes, JL Morales Painting, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does JL Morales Painting, Inc. offer?

JL Morales Painting, Inc. offers the following services: We offer exterior and interior painting services, both residential and commercial. In addition to painting, we offer drywall repair, carpentry work, ceiling texture removal as well as deck and fencing repair and staining.