Healthy Home Restoration

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

Healthy Home Restoration was established in Cary NC in 2004. HHR has specialized in solving complex problems in crawlspaces related to humidity, pest and mold and is considered the top company in the Triangle area for crawlspace problem resolution and energy evaluation/improvements. Over time

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

basement waterproofing (132)mold removal (87)water damage restoration (70)insulation (44)foundation repair (14)home inspection (7)home energy audit (3)basement remodeling (5)well & water pump repair (5)pest control (4)general contractors (4)handyman (2)

01/18/2023

Lisa T.

This review is long overdue. Dennis and his crew came out about a year ago and did a big job for us. We had water damage due to a sump pump failure. They installed drain a drain system in the crawl space as well as around the foundation as well as installed a new sump pump, a battery backup sump pump, and a dehumidifier. We have had many heavy rains since that day and our basement is nice and dry! Thank you so much to Dennis and his team for the excellent work! I can't say enough about him and his crew and their professionalism and quality of work! They are awesome!

Description of Work
Replace sump pump, install backup sump pump, and a dehumidifier.

Category water damage restoration

10/13/2022

Tony S.

Dennis was incredible. He gave me a thorough explanation of how they approach encapsulation and how they came up with that process through years of experimentation. His quote was very reasonable coming in cheaper than what I was quoted by someone else for a solution that was much less robust. His crew did a phenomenal job. Not only were they incredibly fast and efficient but the final product legit blew me away. The attention to detail was above and beyond my expectations. It isn't often that a service impresses me like this.

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulation

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

Review for Healthy Home Restoration - 6808 Branton Dr, Cary, NC - 39908426

01/31/2021

Mark V.

HHR was by far the most comprehensive mold remediation and sealed crawlspace service company I have ever used. Their incredible reviews here on Angie's List are the reason I contacted them initially. They just completed a difficult emergency water damage/mold remediation/sealed crawlspace job on my son's house in two phases. Dennis (owner) and his service team lead (Juan) were top notch professionals from estimation to completed project. If you want a concise yet detailed and credible education on indoor air quality, look no further than Dennis! I spent some time working in this industry many years ago, so I knew Dennis wasn't passing incorrect information. I had a sealed crawlspace completed 3 years ago on my main house by another company and they did an ok job. HHR is the difference between an ok job and a fantastic correctly performed job. The Soil Contaminant Ventilation (SCV) system was a HUGE plus and did not add any expense to the job. Of the other 4 companies I had bids from, none of them except HHR offered the comprehensive measures to address indoor air quality AFTER job completion (even in a sealed and covered crawlspace, the soil gasses have to go somewhere). The SCV is the solution and it gently exhausts soil/crawlspace air to the outside via a quiet, small and durable fan and pipe run. HHR's cost estimate was right in the middle of the 4 I bid out. The new crawlspace door Juan and his crew built seals tight yet is easy to open. Fantastic company!

Description of Work
Emergency water dry out/mold remediation/sealed crawlspace

Category contractors, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

11/25/2020

Kenneth K.

Everything went fine. William and his team were very professional and Dennis came by at the end to thoroughly inspect the work.

Description of Work
encapsulate crawl space

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

08/24/2020

Mark S.

Very well. Workers were thorough and thoughtful. Well supported by management. Communication was prompt, considerate and helpful both onsite and via emails.

Description of Work
Sealed crawl space.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

08/12/2020

Tom H.

Dennis and his company did an EXCEPTIONAL job removing mold and sealing a very messy crawlspace. I am a retired General Contractor and have a lot of experience with crawlspace remediation contractors and I can unequivocally say that Dennis and his crew are the best I have ever used. They were so good I even paid them to travel to another area of the state and take care of some problems at another home I own.

Description of Work
Mold removal and sealed crawl space of 7,000sf home

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

08/06/2020

Robb L.

If I could give 6 stars I would. Had a small area of mold on a bedroom ceiling, unclear where the problem was coming from (roof, attic, humidity). Had several other contractors and only this company really took the time to evaluate the problem and suggest a sensible, step by step solution to figure out what was occurring and address it in the least invasive and most cost effective manner possible. Even gave me the name of a general contractor not associated with them that specializes in these kind of repairs if needed. Incredibly grateful and impressed

Description of Work
evaluate mold on bedroom ceiling

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

08/03/2019

D D.

We had moisture problems in the crawl space and needed to solve the water and moisture problems. After considerable research and discussions with several contractors, we decided to go with Healthy Home Restoration. This selection was aided by viewing the work they had done in a neighbor's crawl space. We were extremely pleased with the entire process. HHR was extremely easy to work with. They were very responsive and rapidly answered all questions that I had. The crew that performed the work was very efficient and completed the work in less than the projected time. At the end of each day they cleaned up completely before they left. We had the job permitted and the town inspector stated that the job was extremely well done and no changes were required. We would highly recommend HHR for this work.

Description of Work
Sealed crawlspace, French drain and sump pump installation

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

05/21/2019

Gloria T.

This company was very professional and did excellent work. Dennis came and took a look at my crawlspace and gave me his recommendations to take care of the water issue that was occurring in my crawlspace. Dennis took the time to explain everything that needed to be done. He gave me tips on things to do to help eliminate the standing water on the walkway and yard. Dennis and Ruth and their whole staff were wonderful. Dennis came out after job was completed and inspected to make sure everything was okay. I was very satisfied and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
nstall Sump pump and Pit, Install Drainage (Partial), Exterior Grading, Repair foundation vents.

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

05/01/2019

Harry M.

Very well. They were the only company I could find that would both repair/replace rotting joists in my crawl space, as well as, install a vapor barrier. They were very competitively price with others I contacted to do the work separately.

Description of Work
Mold remediation, joist repair, vapor barrier install

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

02/26/2019

PJ D.

Everything with this company was top notch! Dennis, the owner, came out to give us an estimate and explain the process. He was very thorough and gave us plenty to read before making our decision. Dennis was also a 'no pressure' type of a guy and that allowed us to really think over what we needed before moving forward. When Juan's crew came to the house they were very professional and considerate. Juan explained everything that they were going to do and answered my questions. I also received daily emails from Ruth in the office giving me updates on how the project was going and a time frame for when things would be completed.

Description of Work
We had our crawl space encapsulated.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

06/03/2018

Amedeo R.

Healthy Home Restoration sealed my crawlspace and cellar, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Dennis and Ruth **** at HHR are knowledgeable, professional, and reliable. Their jobsite manager, Jiovanni, and his work crew are skilled and did a very thorough job. I had horrific mold and dust problems in my crawlspace which I tried to address myself with ventilation, a dehumidifier, and outdoor drains, but my results were ineffective at best. During moderate to heavy rains, our cellar would have flooded if not for the heroic efforts of my aging sump pump, and the crawlspace would become a muddy pit from water leaking in through the foundation. The living areas in the house would smell musty for days after. Dennis assessed the problem, and I opted for almost every service on their list (see below). The four workers put in eight solid days of hand scrubbing, digging, and nailing with fantastic results. All the areas under the house are now clean, dry, and bug free. I can now store stuff in my cellar and crawlspace. I also bought the best air purifier I could find for our living space, and our measured indoor air quality is now excellent compared to the previous very poor rating. The work was not cheap, but I'm very pleased with the results. I have no affiliation with HHR other than as a satisfied customer: [*** Link removed ***] HHR services purchased: remove debris remove existing vapor barrier remove existing insulation hand scrub mold from all wood surfaces apply antimicrobial to wood seal exterior wall gaps with mortar seal penetrations in subfloor with expanding foam install french drain inside foundation wall to drain into sump install sub slab drain in cellar to drain into sump frame wall to isolate porch space from crawlspace block foundation vents install seal liner for floors, walls, and piers install blower under liner, ventilate to outside install dehumidifier with condensate pump to drain into sump new sump pump w/ battery back up drainage board on all walls in cellar insulation on all crawlspace walls replace all 6" flexible duct sister floor joists damaged by mold and fungus add screw jacks and support beam to support floor

Description of Work
remove mold and seal crawlspace

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

04/04/2018

Coreen L.

Great. All of the work was completed the way we wanted, the workers were professional and on time. Any questions we had were answered quickly. The owner came out a few times to work with us on specific areas.

Description of Work
Repair sub flooring, install support jacks clear out mold in crawl space

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair, energy audit

Work Completed On 04/04/2018

01/09/2018

Rainey S.

HHR and Dennis did a very professional job. This was a large multi-task job in excess of $35k. His site manager, William, was a real pro and this mattered since the job at my house was a large one that took four weeks. This included – re-waterproofing the foundation and side of the house requiring to dig down to the foundation footing, take out all drainage material, add waterproofing, drainage board, foundation drains and filter paper/57 rock along with piping to the outside low points. Next was re-grading the crawlspace, adding new pillars for support, reconstruction of pillars, new enclosed crawlspace, new cut-out crawlspace door, re-mortar blue slate patio, and also some complicated garden drainage requiring pipe, drains, rock etc. I received a daily e-mail with an overview of the day’s work as well as what to expect the next day or two. Dennis was on-site almost every day checking on the work and helping solve the numerous “discovery curve balls” we encountered. I also had a structural engineer involved and the two of them communicated regularly. The engineer said he had rarely seems such good quality. At the end of each day, the team cleaned up around the house and then did a larger cleanup at the end. The whole experience, which could have been tedious and frustrating, was actually very easy to get through. Many thanks to HHR and the great team that fixed my house

Description of Work
waterproofing, foundation repair, crawlspace, drainage, mold remediation

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

01/08/2018

Teresa T.

Dennis was professional from start to finish. He inspected the crawl space and described what needed to be done and why. His crew were punctual and professional. The job was finished on time, and Dennis walked me through an inspection before the final installment was paid. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
French drain with piping on gutters to carry water away from house, drainboard, and making improvements to sump pump system installed by another contractor.

Work Completed On 12/29/2017

12/21/2017

Mack R.

Dennis came out for the crawl through and answered all of my questions. Ruth was very helpful with scheduling and tons of other information. From start to finish, I was kept updated. The entire project took about 4 days and they were very thorough. We can (and do) breath easier knowing our crawlspace is MUCH cleaner and safer.

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulation

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

11/07/2017

Thomas B.

Great! I was always kept apprised of arrival times and of the progress made each day. The crew was professional and courteous. They started on the promised date and finished on the promised date. Passed inspection on the first go. The prices is in line with the amount of work that needed to be done with the mold removal, ventilation and dehumidifier.

Description of Work
Sealing crawlspace with moisture control

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

10/01/2017

June G.

Dennis, Ruth, and Elisabeth at HHR are very responsive and easy to work with. I got estimates from several contractors for the drainage and crawl space work on the older home I had recently purchased, situated on a sloping lot with a lot of issues. Dennis was by far the most comprehensive with his inspection, suggestions, and up-to-date knowledge of possible solutions. In addition to all the time he spent with me on his initial visit, he and Ruth were very responsive and patient with my many follow-up questions and concerns. Although HHR's estimate was not the least expensive one I received, I had no trouble deciding that HHR would give me the best result, and I am very glad that I did. Dennis also came out to the house a couple more times before the work got underway to make sure everything was covered and that I was comfortable with the work to be performed. He also discovered some issues that no one else had, and took care of them. The crawl space has now been transformed, and I am very pleased with the results. The drainage work was also done far more professionally and effectively than the previous contractor who had attempted to address the issues for me. I have no reservations whatsoever about highly recommending Healthy Home Restorations.

Description of Work
Drainage and crawl space

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/23/2017

09/13/2017

Christine M.

Dennis and his team were very professional. He made recommendations for various things we could do under the house to keep water and mold out, but did not pressure us. He and his staff were good communicators, and they got the job done efficiently. We haven't had a problem with water under the house since the work was done. I'm writing a review today, even though we had the work done a while back, because we have sold our house and had a termite inspection today. The inspector said it was the best crawlspace encapsulation he'd ever seen. He said he usually found problems with the way work was done, but ours was perfect. I'd definitely recommend HHR and use their services again.

Description of Work
We needed a new sump pump and decided to have our crawlspace encapsulated.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

09/13/2017

Mike D.

HHR did exactly what the said they would do. They kept us up to date every step of the way and no surprises. We are extremely happy with the quality of the work that was done.

Description of Work
Mold remediation and crawl space insulation.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

09/05/2017

Maggie G.

Dennis was great. He took his time to be thorough. Even though there was no evidence of mold, he did notice that my dehumidifier was running hot and could be a fire hazard. I unplugged it immediately. Dennis told me how to move air into the enclosed storage area to get rid of an unpleasant basement smell. He checked the drainage outside our house. I will definitely be calling Dennis again if I ever need restoration work done. He's very professional and personable.

Description of Work
I wanted to be sure we didn't have mold in our lower level. Also, I wondered how to remove a damp smell from a storage room in the lower level.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

09/04/2017

Mary H.

Very responsive. Owner explained everything well and made two visits to house. I can't speak as to how competitive their pricing was. Used due to neighbour recommendations.

Description of Work
Under house teaching and dump pump