Fontaine Landscaping Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2007

PO Box 5824

Cary, NC 27512

Playing in the dirt since 1996, the Fontaine Team continues to redefine the service industry providing quality service in a professional manner through great communication and establishing lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding their expectations and gaining their trust. We are a

01/25/2019

Tiffin V.

Kevin was great to communicate with and everything went well. Workers were friendly, responsive, and cleaned up nicely. Will use again in the near future for landscape lighting.

Description of Work
Extensive edging borders in a new yard

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thank you so much for allowing us to provide service at your home!

08/16/2018

Roisin R.

I would be happy to recommend Kevin & his team to anyone. His work will speak for itself & you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
hardscaping & lighting

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Thank you very MULCH ! lol Seriously we appreciate the opportunity to provide a variety of services for you. It has been a pleasure!

04/30/2018

Wendy K.

Kevin and his crew did an outstanding job. We purchased and older home and the yard had been sadly neglected. Kevin removed the overgrown landscaping and replaced it so that our yard now looks beautiful. Kevin provided us with several options for changing our landscaping. He patiently listened to our vision for our yard and incorporated our ideas in his design. Our landscape light was old and needed replacing. Kevin replaced our current lighting and added new lights to accent our new landscaping. Highly recommend Fontaine Landscaping.

Description of Work
Removing current landscaping and replacing it. Creating flower beds and planting them with perennials and annuals. Installing landscape lighting. Yard maintenance.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, outdoor lighting

Thank you very mulch for the kind comments! We are glad you like everything and it was a pleasure to work with you

08/31/2017

Charlie L.

We live on a corner lot and needed to landscape along the fence line. Fontaine Landscaping drew up a design we loved, was competitively priced, and completed the work ahead of time. I highly recommend them and will be using them for any additional work I need done.

Description of Work
Landscape fence line with 3 crape myrtles, 4 holly bushes, topsoil and mulch. In addition replace a juniper with a holly bush in our front yard.

Category landscaping

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for the kind words! We are glad you are happy with your new landscaping!

08/11/2017

Amy H.

It went very well, and work was done in a timely manner!

Description of Work
We had outdoor lighting installed, and have been very happy with it. Our steep winding driveway was difficult to navigate at night when backing out, but Kevin installed spotlights in our trees, and we no longer have that problem! Kevin also installed pathway lights, and spotlights that shine up onto the house. It looks beautiful at night, thank you!!

Category landscaping, outdoor lighting

Such a pleasure to provide lighting for you and your family to enjoy for years to come! thank you.

11/19/2016

Arthur B.

They always do a good job and should I have any questions they respond quickly to emails.

Description of Work
Routine lawn maintenance for about a decade and special projects like mulching, irrigation repairs, planting trees and bushes.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch

Thank you so much Art, it is a pleasure to work for you and your family over the years!

04/29/2015

Daun C.

FYI......... these people have a $2500 MINIMUM! Sight unseen. Said when estimate isn't $2500, people just "add on services to reach $2500"!!??? I'd be afraid they inflate trying to reach that $2500 from the beginning! Strange way to do business, in my opinion. She did give me a referral for a "small business landscaper". This is just an FYI for others looking for services.

Description of Work
No services provided. I called to have them come by and give me an estimate.

Category landscaping

[Member name removed], we’re sorry you were not comfortable with our $2,500 minimum charge. This is our business model and we do understand it doesn’t work for everyone’s needs. We do not inflate our prices for add-on services; we listen to potential customer’s needs then give them our professional advice to solve the problems. In some cases, the customer is better served from our recommendation of a smaller landscaping firm. We wish you success in meeting your goals for your project and are truly sorry we were not able to work with you.

11/19/2014

Tom L.

He is very good. I was satisfied with their work. The price is comparable to other landscapers.

Description of Work
They re-sodded the front yard and worked in the back yard.

06/09/2014

Teresa M.

Things went well on our project. We would recommend Fontaine Landscaping. The crew did a great job.

Description of Work
Front yard landscape including design. Added all the flowers trees lighting decorative boulders. Also small retaining walls drip lines in existing sprinkler system.

Category landscaping

Thank you so much for the kind words [member name removed]! It was a pleasure to partner with you and your family for your design/build project. The install team had fun and appreciated you bringing them drinks and offering even food. I wish you the best and of course hope to see u soon!

04/02/2014

Donald C.

The entire process went perfectly. Fontaine Landscaping was quick to come to the house to perform the initial estimate. The work was performed in less than one week after the estimate was provided. In addition to the on-site crew and team lead, the owner (Kevin Fontaine) also came by to review progress and quality. I have used Fontaine Landscaping in the past, and I would definitely use them again. Kevin is very professional and customer oriented.

Description of Work
Fontaine Lanscaping cleaned and mulched all beds in the front, rear, and side of house. They also mulched around all trees. The team was very thorough. Weed block was placed at the edge of all beds underneath the mulch so that the grass and weeds would not spread into the beds. Additionally, they replaced the wood mulch around the exterior air conditioning and gas units with stones and a metal edging to keep it all in place.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thank you so much [removed members name], for your business and the kind words. We are glad you had a pleasant experience and I will pass along your praise to our crews who helped that day!

09/17/2013

kate K.

The stone walls, front steps and lighting are wonderful. Working with the owner to get the job done was fine. The lawn maintenance didn't go very well. The company had unskilled workers that damaged our grass, of course, the owner did everything to make it right. There was alot of crew turnover this summer and we just weren't getting the type of service we expected.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup, beautiful stone walls decorative outside lighting and monthly lawn maintenance.

08/14/2013

Dennis I.

They're on Angie's List. They gave me a decent price, and they gave me exactly what they said they were going to do. I have been having problems finding a decent landscaper. I tried several, and haven't been too happy. This company did a pretty good job! I'm going to probably call them back, and have them do some extra landscaping here maybe this fall. There were some who give cheaper service charge, but I'm not one of those who goes to the cheapest. I want to get what I paid for.

Description of Work
I used Fontaine Landscaping for landscaping service. They just finished up here this week. Basically, they did a general cleanup for the moment, and maintenance on the outside.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you [removed member name] for calling on us for your outdoor service needs! We are glad you had a pleasant experience.

07/10/2013

Gary G.

I could have not be more pleased. Kevin came out personally and estimated the project. When the work actually began, there were a few changes that were recommended by the workers (perhaps a situation where subcontractor had other ideas of installation, but not sure). It seemed to me that the work that was required to "do it right" might have been a bit more extensive than Fontaine had planned and estimated; however, the work proceeded with the more extensive project (more expense to Fontaine?) than planned and the final job was as good or better than I expected and Fontaine promised. The thing that was most impressive to me is that right after sodding, my family left on an extended (multiple week) trip. Kevin personally came out and checked the sprinkler system, made sure the new sod was watered correctly, and kept me posted by email on the progress while I was out of town. This is the third project that Fontaine has done for me, in all three cases, their prices were right in the middle of the estimates that I received. However, I feel that they are very customer focused and want to have customer that is pleased with the final product. I will definitely use Fontain again, assuming that they stay reasonably competitive on their pricing.

Description of Work
Sodded residential lot with zoysia.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

05/09/2013

stacey P.

Did not go well at all. Kevin never showed up for 2 scheduled appointments to give estimate for lawn services. He never called either.

Description of Work
I am unable to review their services because after contacting them via e-mail form to give my mother an estimate for lawn services, Kevin stood her up twice, never showing up. He never called. She had to call him to reschedule each time and he just never responded. I'm not into chasing someone down to give them my business. Mom has moved on to get estimates from other companies.

Category landscaping

Mam, sorry for not following up with your mothers request for an estimate. My wife has been by her mother's side in the hospital for over a week now leaving me with the responsibility of attending to our kids coupled with running our business. I missed the 1st appointment and rescheduled the 2nd for next week as my wife will be returning today. I will try to reach out to your mother today.

04/02/2013

Lisa S.

As always, Kevin Fontaine responded personally and kept us in the loop at all times. He came to the house and took pictures of the yard, then send us photoshopped renderings of his proposed plan. When we made some last minute changes, he was flexible and came back within 24 hours with a new quote. The fellow who did the install work took great pride in his work, and it shows.

Description of Work
We needed our back yard spruced up. It was kind of blah. We had purchased a lovely new bench and it just looked so sad sitting under the tree. Fontaine developed a design plan for us that included stone edging around all the beds and trees (in the front and back yards), a beautiful stone walkway to that aforementioned bench, all new plantings, and a drip irrigation system on a timer (goodbye hand watering!). It is absolutely gorgeous and absolutely suits the size and scale of our yard. We have a screened-in porch on the back of the house, so the view just got 1000% prettier. We love it and look forward to the plantings coming into full bloom.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

04/01/2013

John M.

Sixteen years ago I grew tired of doing the things it takes to keep a yard minimally presentable. After investigating three lawn-care companies I hired Fontaine Landscaping. That was my extraordinarily good fortune. As Fontaine thrived and grew in experience and reputation I was absolutely confident in relinquishing all aspects of my yard maintenance to him. Now Fontaine teams mow, prune, plant, design, seed and fertilize, remove leaves, mulch planting beds, and control pesky insects and fungi. They even clean up after storms. The workers are fast, friendly, neat and thorough. And on the very rare occassions when something doesn't seem just right Kevin or one of his managers promptly appear to address any issue I might have. Today I recieve compliments from friends and neighbors and when my mom visits she is simply amazed -- you see, she thinks I do it all by myself. It's true -- what's contracted with Fontaine stays with Fontaine! With the exception of late winter, Fontaine teams visit weekly throughout the year. Kevin walked the property with me just last week and we set the contract for the coming year. For the initial decade of our association we made payments in 12 equal monthly installments. As our confidence in Kevins staying power and committment to service grew we felt comfortable making a single annual payment which was rewarded with a discount. As the fellow who was relieved of the yard work chore I am unequivocal in my complete satisfaction with and praise for Kevin and his teams.

Description of Work
So far,- Mowing, edging, thatching, seeding, aerating, fertilizer, pesticides, correct drainage problems, tree and bush pruning and planting, leaf removal,mluching, and storm cleanup. We are planning to do some shrubbery re-design.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

01/20/2013

Bryan L.

Excellent, excellent experience in general. My wife and I had planned to have some work done to the front and side yards approximately 18 months ago and have been in touch with Fontaine at this time. However, our second daughter came quicker than expected, so we had to delay the project until this past winter. Fontaine stayed in touch with us, maintained our records and bid for work and was very prompt when we were prepared to commence work again. The work was done in a timely manner (we had several new beds, shrubs, and trees installed, along with a retaining wall, lighting and irrigation) and we were appraised of progress on a consistent basis. Best compliment I can provide is we'll be having additional work done with our backyard sometime in the next 24 months and we'll be looking to Fontaine for guidance and installation. Again, can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Landscaping by Fontaine

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

01/11/2013

Russell & Barbara L.

The project went as promised and on schedule. Kevin came and drew up a plan,which we tweeked. We were sent virtual photographs of what our chosen plantings would look like when mature.The crew showed up on time, and worked for 4 days to transform our overgrown plantings, into a more up-to-date landscape.

Description of Work
Kevin Fontaine, and his reliable crew, removed overgrown plantings, and gave both our back and front areas a new and fresh look.

12/05/2012

Gary G.

I was very pleased with the work. They were punctual, very polite and professional. The work was done exactly as described and the owner came out to check on things. I was especially pleased with the quality of the trees that were selected. There was also a real effort to stay on schedule and also to leave a clean work site once they left. Two "events" occurred that were noteworthy. One was that they accidentally cut my TV/Internet cable. I considered this a normal "risk" with this type of work; but it might show lack of planning or checking. However, what was impressive is how they responded once the accident occurred. They totally took responsibility, they contacted the cable company, and also tried to make temporary repairs themselves. They totally "owned" the problem. Secondly, the base of the tree that was extracted was exactly in the best location for one of the new trees being planted. Therefore, there was considerable extra work to remove the roots of the tree. Fontaine did this, at their own cost, even though it was clearly something that we had discussed as a possibility and that was not included in the plan. Their prices were competitive, but not significantly better than the other quotes that I received. However, solid value for the money, if you include their work ethic and quality product.

Description of Work
I originally had Fontaine do a landscape design, and this was the first stage of implementation. The basically roto-tilled three beds, composted, extracted a tree and planted three trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

12/04/2012

Lena C.

They have been doing maintenace in our yard for the past two years, year round. They come every week when the grass is growing to cut and blow the debris. And they come every week to blow in the Fall.They do the job and leave the place clean. They cut the grass, aerate, reseed, prune the shrubs and fertilize the front and back yards. They also transplanted some plants from the front to the back. They always performed the job in a professional and timely manner; every time that I solicited them to come and discuss what had to be done, they did it promptly, courteously and knowlegebly. Our emails were always answered immediately. When we put sod in the yard and it did not work, they redid it and seeded the grass. I do recommend them.

Description of Work
They have been doing maintenance in our yard for the past 2 years. They cut the grass, aerate, reseed, fertilize, control the weeds, prune the shrubs and blow the leaves.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

10/30/2012

Gary G.

Excellent. He began with a detailed question and discussion meeting, at which he listened carefully -- this allowed for one hour of discussion. Very polite and respectful, but willing to make constructive suggestions. Final product was delivered with no changes required in the layout. At the final meeting and presentation, he spent another hour going through his entire logic and reasons why he selected various plant and place them where he did. The preparation may have taken a little longer than most people would prefer (maybe five weeks), however, this timetable was made clear at the beginning. I had tried to find other landscapers to provide this type of work, and had problems locating someone.

Description of Work
Fontaine Landscaping (Jaison) prepared a detailed design for landscaping our residence, including layout, plant selection, built environments.

09/06/2012

Lisa S.

I find it particularly convenient because I pay one amount for each month for the year. When it comes time to do the different task, it is already paid for. The budget doesn’t change throughout the year. We are very happy with them. We will be doing more work in the spring to make our back yard prettier. He always calls back personally. We have chosen their Gold package and added on a few additional services.

Description of Work
We actually hired them on a long term contract. We had a number of vendors doing different things for our lawn. Someone was doing the mowing, blowing and another person was doing the trimming and another doing the landscaping. We wanted to try a one-stop shop.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you Member for your kind words, we certainly value you as a customer and appreciate your business! After our walk through, we look forward to doing some enhancement projects next year!

02/16/2012

Deborah R.

I am president of the board. I didn't pay them directly but I had direct dealings with them. We were not satisfied with their service and they no longer work for us. They went to smaller crews so the crews were not large enough to handle our areas. They did not alert us to some problems we had so our shrubs died off. They didn't do follow up with that which meant they didn't do soil analysis which was part of their responsibility. Their prices were high. They listened to us and came to a number of meetings that we had with them. They promised they would take care of what they were not doing. However they never took care of the things they promised us.

Description of Work
We used Fontaine Landscaping to do the landscaping for our townhome community.

Category landscaping

This is very unfortunate to hear and we are sorry that we could not meet your needs. In our defense, the property had a few plants die over the 6 years we maintained the site, among hundreds of plants there- most of which are high stress/disease prone plants like compacta holly. When we would meet the board, we discussed how the builder planted plants in red clay and were too large and we made plans to periodically severely cut back to regain spaces, how the lack of an irrigation system hindered the plants and turf during hot months, mulching options with samples brought, make recommendations and how the mature woodline shaded out areas. I am not aware of an occasion when we did not complete the routine site visit in the allotted day of the week schedule. Recommendations were made over the years to improve the site, some were taken but over all many were not approved- so we dealt with many elements ultimately not under our control. We do thank you for your business and wish you well.

11/27/2011

Kimberley W.

We talked to several landscapers, including Fontaine, in Spring 2011. These were preliminary talks aimed at getting their suggestions on what we could do with the yard. Afterward, the conclusion was that we needed a plan. Over the summer, we paid for a comprehensive landscaping design and then waited for the 100+ degree heat to subside. In Fall 2011, we contacted the landscapers again, told them we had a plan and wanted them to come out, talk about it, and give us a quote. Fontaine set up a time to come out. On the Monday morning they were to come out, Steve (I believe) called us up and said that, over the weekend, Kevin (the owner) had decided they weren't going to do residential landscaping any more. Thus, he wasn't going to be coming out. That is the last we heard from them.

Description of Work
Nothing was done.

Category landscaping

Hello Member, I am sorry to hear your frustration that could not provide a quote for you at that time, fact was we were re-structuring. Fontaine ran several installation crews for years, but due to the economy we had to downsize the installation department this year and restructure our staff to accomodate keeping routine maintenance, lawncare and enhancements going strong. We now are up and running with installations again, and able to provide you with a quote if you would like and I would personally see to that. Thankyou!

06/09/2011

Candace E.

We obtained an estimate from Fontaine and another landscape company for: landscape cleanup, shrub trimming, and putting down pine straw . We chose the competitor mainly because our neighbor worked for the competitor.

Category landscaping

Hello Member, we appreciated the opportunity to provide you with a quote. Call on us in the future if the need arises! Thankyou- Kevin B. Fontaine