Virtual Appointments Available

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Cabinets by RenewaBuild

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2014

169 SE CARY PKWY

Cary, NC 27511

Cabinets by RenewaBuild is a kitchen and bath boutique dedicated to providing a tailored experience, offering custom crafted American and European cabinetry for those who appreciate quality and fine design. We can also help you complete your design with custom countertops, tile, light and plumbing fixtures, appliances, made to order furniture and more for a cohesive look selected with your style in mind. Visit our website www.renewabuild.com for more information, to contact us about setting an appointment, or come see our new Design Center in beautiful Cary, NC at 169 SE Cary Parkway. ...

10/22/2020

Carole A.

It went very well despite unforeseen circumstances. I was pleased with the final result.Renewabuild works with competent and professional individuals who made sure that I was satisfied each step of the way. The project manager oversaw all activities and provided excellent ongoing communication and assisted me in making decisions along the way.

Description of Work
kitchen renovation

05/28/2019

Kevin K.

We'd been watching a little too much HGTV and had all kinds of ideas for updating our first floor. Russell and Suzanne were very patient and helpful. They offered guidance, insights, and solutions that allowed us to zero in on what we really wanted and needed. We are delighted with the quality of the work and the beauty of our finished renovation!

Description of Work
First floor remodel, including extension and addition of hardwood floors throughout, powder room update, removal of wall/built-ins, and overhaul of see-through fireplace featuring custom mill work and tile surround.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity to serve you and your family! It’s been an absolute pleasure : )

03/06/2019

Courtney G.

Russell and his team installed cabinets and trim work in our laundry room. Did an awesome job. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Install of cabinets and trim work

Category woodworking

01/16/2019

Tatiana K.

Well organized, reliable, good team. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Remodeling bathroom

12/06/2018

Brent K.

Working with Russell and his RenewaBuild crew was great. His quality of work is fantastic and he has a great crew of people, as well. Our kitchen project was done in a timely manner and we couldn’t be happier with how it looks. I highly recommend Russell Harper and RenewaBuild for your next kitchen or bath renovation project.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel and Painting

Category ceramic tile, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It’s been a pleasure serving you: )

12/02/2018

Jeff C.

Russel did a ground up remodel of our master bathroom, including a rearrangement of the floor plan. Working with him and the team was smooth and they really cared about giving us the best results for what we asked for. Even during the build, changes were made and everything was discussed in full with pros and cons. Overall, things went very smooth and even the little things that pop up during any remodel were handled professionally and creatively. Quality was always first.

Description of Work
Complete master bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Thanks for your kind feedback [Member Name Removed]! Much appreciated: )

11/26/2018

Samar L.

Excellent job, excellent company, and wonderful workers.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Category home remodeling

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you [Member Name Removed]!

10/02/2018

Lora G.

We would highly recommend RenewaBuild if you are considering a kitchen remodel. They were extremely easy to work with and fully transparent during the process. We were living overseas during the entire design and planning phase and for half of the construction. Russell and Suzanne were very responsive to our questions and needs, effectively communicated with us through email and phone conversations, and streamlined the selection process with photos and recommendations. They kept us updated on the progress and took the time to re-assess the project and suggest changes as needed during construction. We love our kitchen and have been extremely pleased with the carpet and paint jobs as well.

Description of Work
Full Kitchen Remodel, Whole House Interior Painting and Carpet Installation

Category home remodeling

Thanks for choosing us for your project [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], it’s been our absolute pleasure working with you!

08/09/2018

Deborah K.

Absolutely wonderful!! I don't have enough great words to describe Russell, Matt and Suzanne (and the rest if the team). We had a great plan in place; however, the few time when I was not completely on board, they went out of their way to fix / change the design to accommodate my "desire" and the needs of our son who has Autism, all while adhering to the deadlines. I'm extremely impressed and I will have them back in 2 years to do our kitchen

Description of Work
Full remodel of hall bathroom

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, glass repair, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

05/07/2018

Paige P.

Everything went smoothly, very well, and the work was finished way ahead of schedule. We never felt like there was a perceivable gap between jobs---as soon as materials were available the work proceeded. Russell and Suzanne were wonderful to work with, and it was so great having Suzanne there as a designer to help with the design layout of the kitchen and picking out all the materials, paint colors, lighting, and advice on appliances. Not all contractors, actually none in my experience, have designers available to help with the entire process. Russell was so knowledgeable and meticulous in the best way. Russell and Suzanne spent a lot of time at their initial visit to give a free estimate, and they suggested a wonderful new layout for our kitchen which we ended up doing, and it turned out great! Their tilers did a wonderful job fixing our bathroom floor and making our bathroom look like new with the new ceramic tile they installed. All of their teams were a pleasure to work with and highly professional. Their work was outstanding! The only thing I could recommend to Russell and his teams is that when someone is on their way to do work at the home it would be great just to get a text that they're on their way, especially when someone isn't necessarily expected that day. Overall, I highly recommend Renewabuild!

Description of Work
We had a water leak in our master bath so we needed the tile floor in the bathroom fixed and the ceiling of the kitchen where the water had gone through from the bathroom above repaired. We went ahead with a kitchen renovation at the same time. The hardwood floors in the kitchen were not affected so we did not have those refinished.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

02/22/2018

Kristen M.

Business must be good! Russell called in response to my online request for an estimate. He stated that he wanted to be sure we were on the same page before he came to our home since we were outside his area. I specifically looked for someone local and we are in the Cary/Apex area. He then stated that they like to work in a 5 mile radius (???!!!) After I briefly told him the work we were looking to get done he said that their methods require an entire plumbing redo even after I told him our home was not very old. Without asking dimensions of the work area or the materials we would like he stated that he wanted me to be aware that it would cost at minimum $10,000. Essentially, he didn't want to waste his time coming to my home for an estimate if we weren't already on the same financial page since our home was so far from his 5 mile radius. I couldn't believe how unprofessional and dismissive he was! He must already have lots of jobs and couldn't be bothered. I'm disappointed that all the reviews here were so positive and I had such a bad experience.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], This is Russell the owner of the company and the person who responded to your inquiry by calling you back in a timely manner to discuss your project with you. I am sorry we were not able to help you. We are a small company focused on high end custom renovations, specifically turnkey complete renovations of kitchens and master baths mostly. That’s our niche and that’s what we do best. Since we are a small company we are not able to service everyone unfortunately, especially smaller jobs that are outside our area. It’s not efficient and it’s not fair to our other clients to get spread too thin because the service we strive to make excellent, suffers. We have maintained all five-star ratings from our clients since we started the company. It is my job to make sure that continues. As I tried to explain to you on the phone, yes we do stay very busy serving clients in a relatively small area of Cary, Apex and Morrisville with many thanks to our great clients, referrals and five star reviews. While your address is in Apex technically, it’s closer to Holly Springs and is pretty far from our “hub” of operations, also it sounded to me after talking to you about what you wanted that you would like to have a shower replaced but re-use the existing plumbing. This is not something we do because we warranty our work and stand by our product, we will not take shortcuts or do cheap quick fixes. If I am going to warranty a shower in your home I will only do it if we build the entire thing because I want to know it was done right and you won’t have a problem down the road. I have been doing this for 22 years and I have seen people choose the quick fix to save money and it always backfires. They end up paying more in the end because they end up paying twice to finally get it done right and they usually call me back the second time asking for help and admitting they made a mistake. My goal was to share with you my professional experience and save you trouble and headache as well as the cost of taking shortcuts and doing things twice. It was not my intention to be dismissive and I apologize if it came accross that way to you. I don’t think you were hearing what I was actually trying to tell you and it sounds like you didn’t like my answer. I was telling you my opinion about the best approach in your own best interest. That doesn’t mean that I was unprofessional or deserve and F review after a 20 minute phone call. I stand by my assessment that replacing a full shower the correct way with custom frameless glass is going to be at least $10,000 and I was honest and upfront with you about that. I wish you the best with your project and hope you find a contractor who is the right fit for you. I respectfully request that you remove this review from my profile to be fair. I don’t think you were fair with me in your assessment. Respectfully, Russell Harper

11/28/2017

Tonia L.

Russell and his team were fantastic from the very beginning! They were upfront, all the costs were clear, we felt like a team, they were flexible and they were very open to any and all ideas we had. Their work is beautiful and flawless and they take pride in every single thing they do in your home. We are bringing them back for our next project, a wine cellar!

Description of Work
We had a master bathroom complete remodel along with a few things to our master bedroom.

09/11/2017

Cindy L.

Russell and team did a great job, very organized and responsive. Provided great input into the design and through each step of the remodel.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

The team really enjoyed working with you on your project, so glad that we could help and thanks for choosing RenewaBuild!

09/11/2017

william H.

Painting and tilework perfect. Plumbing and electrical very good. Contractor very knowledgeable. Very responsive and easy to work with. Overall a very professional experience.

Description of Work
Updated 1984 condo. Replaced all kitchen cabinets and counter. Updated bathrooms including a tiled walkin shower and new toilets. Upgraded fireplace with tiled facing. Upgraded electrical and plumbing. Painted entire condo including scraping ceilings. New engineered hardwood flooring.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

It was a pleasure serving you! Thanks for the opportunity, take care!

08/31/2017

Donna R.

As indicated above. RenewaBuild has done an excellent jobs 2 x. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
RenewaBuild completely remodeled the kitchen in my new home in the Spring of 2016. This included reconfiguring the layout, installing new cabinets and counters as well as some additional electrical and plumbing work. When I had some issues crop up with the cabinet that contained our trash/ recycling bins, Russell Harper and his crew were quickly responsive to that issue and repaired it within a few days at no charge.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thanks for your kind feedback, we appreciate you!

08/31/2017

Billy J.

Very well. Great communication throughout the project.

Description of Work
New kitchen counters, new island, backsplash

Category countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you and your family! We greatly appreciate your feedback!

08/30/2017

Ian T.

They did high quality work and were in communication with me during the whole process. Russell also went through the house with me and identified future remodeling projects. I really appreciated his creative solutions to the architectural challenges the house provided and his no pressure style.

Description of Work
Asked Renewabuild to remove a small 'decorative' wall and which involved patching part of the a popcorn ceiling.

Category remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your feedback : ) Hopefully we'll be able to help you with that master suite down the road. Take care!

08/30/2017

James C.

They did excellent job! All workers were very responsible, did quality work, and always clean up before they leave for the day.

Description of Work
We needed our master bathroom and hallway bathroom remodeled

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks so much for choosing RenewaBuild for your projects! We're very grateful and glad you're enjoying your two new bathrooms : )

08/29/2017

Donna R.

RenewaBuild came out within a few days and fixed the problem, no charge

Description of Work
A repair of kitchen cabinets installed last year

Category home remodeling

Thanks for letting us know about needing some help fixing a problem with your kitchen. Even though it was out of warranty, we came and fixed it promptly anyway at no charge because we stand behind our work! Best Regards!

08/29/2017

Katie B.

From initial meeting to final walk-through, Russell and his team were great to work with. The job started and stayed on schedule. Suzanne was very helpful in guiding us through the design and choices of tile, fixtures, etc. (all while staying within our budget). During the job, the work site was kept as clean as possible and surfaces/areas that were not worked on were protected. We are thrilled with how the bathroom turned out. It's beautiful and functional - it's the nicest room in the house! :) When our budget allows, we will definitely hire Renewabuild again.

Description of Work
Complete master bathroom renovation, including interior design services. Also, smoothed popcorn ceilings in master bedroom, hallway and first floor. Painted bedroom and all ceilings.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

We really appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family, it was our pleasure! Thanks for your helpful feedback: )

07/17/2017

Rachel Y.

It was a great experience working with Renewabuild. Russell and Suzanne make a great team. They listen to what you need and they work with your budget. They make great suggestions and Russell is an awesome carpenter. We had a different contractor already scheduled but they had to cancel last minute due to a family emergency. We wanted the renovation complete before we moved into our new home but didn't think anyone could do it in time. Luckily we found Renewabuild and they were able to work on the island despite their busy schedule. I appreciated that they protected the floors and everything around the project. They used a dust suction machine that kept the area neat. They also cleaned up very nicely after everything was finished. They made sure we were happy with the work before they took the last payment. We have more projects in the house so we'll definitely be calling them again in the near future.

Description of Work
We had a bilevel kitchen island with huge pillars on both ends and a sink, renovated to be one level with customized carpentry around the island.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you both! We hope that you are enjoying your new place : )

05/11/2017

Summer M.

A few months before our baby was due, a few tiles in our Master Shower had fell through revealing mold in the drywall behind it. It needed to be pulled out and all of the tile/drywall completely replaced. We got a few quotes from a few different companies, but Russell and Suzanne were the only ones who walked us through the process of mold remediation, and then called back to follow up. They also were the only ones willing to help us out sooner rather than later--which was a big deal because that baby was coming and we needed our bathroom back! Everyone else was booked out until the summer, and Renewabuild pushed and pulled their schedule to fit us in, something we really appreciated. They were thoughtful, and in constant contact with us. My kids were excited to see Matt every morning and would frequently check in on his progress. All of the workers/contractors were respectful and kept the workspace very clean. Very happy with our beautiful bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for the feedback! Glad we could help you get your life back to normal in time for your beautiful daughter's arrival! If I was in your situation, I would have appreciated some help right away too. Best regards to your family!

03/16/2017

Anne D.

They did an incredible job, it exceeded our expectations! Russell did what he said was going to do, on time, within the budget, and they cleaned up before they left each day. We felt very fortunate that we found RenewABuild. We can't wait for the team to redo our master Bathroom!

Description of Work
Russell and his team gutted and redid our kids bathroom. bathroom. They put in all new tiles, shower, custom cabinets, as well as wainscoting in the entire bathroom which turned out beautifully!

Category custom cabinets, carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] : ) It has been a real pleasure working with you!

02/28/2017

Adam S.

We met with a few contractors prior to selecting RenewaBuild. What set them apart was the interior design aspect, which we really needed. Other contractors didn’t offer any help with selection of styles, colors, etc. Suzanne (interior designer) was very helpful with that. Russell and Suzanne both took the time to meet with us to review the scope of work and estimates in detail, and kept us updated on the timeline and progress throughout the job. They showed up as scheduled, and did a nice job keeping the work area clean after each day. It is obvious that they take pride in their work and want to do a great job. Matt was professional and friendly as well, and the entire team communicated with us throughout the project to ensure that we were satisfied. The work was completed efficiently and with high quality. We feel it was well worth the cost. We will think of RenewaBuild first for any future project.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation, including cabinets, countertops, plumbing, lighting, and accessories.

Category countertops, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]!

09/24/2016

Thomas P.

Project completed in the contracted timeframe of eight weeks. The team of Russell Harper, contractor, Suzanne Ungaro, interior designer, & Matt, project manager, were a pleasure to work with. My wife and I are somewhat picky having interviewed 12 contractors prior to selecting RENEWABUILD. Our expectations were exceeded. Russell's honesty and integrity was demonstrated time and time again along with his skills as a craftsman. Suzanne was an invaluable asset to us with her honest feedback and reassurance both before the project started and during the process.Her passion for her work is quite evident. Matt was diligent in following up on all tasks, details, and punch list items. This team and their chosen sub contractors clearly aim to please. Russell treats the project as if it was his own home being worked on. I would definitely use them again. It was pleasant surprise to have found a company that does such quality work and truly cares about their customers.

Description of Work
Remodeled/updated four rooms (living room, dining room, kitchen, family room) and two hallways. Work included: removing popcorn ceilings in those rooms and closets, removal of wallpaper in kitchen & dining room, new paint & trim in all four rooms & closets, installation of hardwood floors in living room, family room,bedroom hallway, existing hardwood floors refinished, new light fixtures / chandeliers in three rooms & both hallways, granite countertops, island Jenn Air cooktop/downdraft removed and replaced with granite, wall oven unit/microwave removed and new cabinet built for over the range microwave as well as new free standing range, tile & backsplash in kitchen, granite counter over wet bar in family room, specialty cabinet made with custom glass & light in family room, new bookcase built with granite countertop in family room, bookcase customized for electrical components, soundbar, flat screen tv mounted on wall above fireplace, new mantle built for fireplace, fireplace tiled including the hearth, surge protector installed.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling