A-Z Home Repair & Improvements

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2006

1651 Glengarry Dr

Cary, NC 27511

Full spectrum of home repairs and improvements from remodels to simple drywall repairs.....we do it all. All work guaranteed in writing

01/13/2015

Theresa S.

Excellent experience! Everything went well!

Description of Work
3 hours of handyman work.

08/21/2014

Bettie P.

The work seemed to be fine, but he took my sconces home to re-wire them and make sure they would work properly and said that he would bring back upon fixing them. I have tried to call him multiple times, and get no response back. It has now been a year, and still no response. He used to be such a good worker, but now this is getting a bit out of hand. The sconces are valuable to me, and I would like them back. I do not appreciate dishonesty, and would like my property returned. I just want him to be honest and respond to me with what happened.

Description of Work
He took a look at my toilet, looked at my bathroom lights wiring unit, and said the wiring was bad and could be the result of the electrical burning smell that I have been having.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

06/13/2014

June H.

Shawn overextended himself by underestimating the size of this job.

Description of Work
Replace siding

Category handyman service, siding

04/29/2014

joan L Z.

As stated above, I never scheduled service with this company

Description of Work
No services were provided......never scheduled service.

04/10/2014

Stephen S.

The service turned out well. He did the work that was needed and he did a good job with the work.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal for $99.00 for three hours of handyman work. He fixed some laminate wood flooring and he did a repair to stair railing.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, woodworking

03/31/2014

keith S.

Nothing, talked originally to set time and then couldn't reach by phone, email or any other way

02/18/2014

Ronald S.

First, when I called him he said he wouldn’t chop the wood for the job. He told me I was responsible for getting all the materials. I communicated with him back in 2011 and that was the last time we spoke. I emailed him via Angie's List in December of 2013 and he hasn’t been responsive. From reading his reviews on Angie’s List it seems like he will do big jobs, but not small jobs.

Description of Work
I purchased two Big Deals for $99 for 3 hours of handyman work. I had faucet facial wood damage.

02/04/2014

JORDAN B.

He was very professional and he told us little things that we could do to fix our wiring. He did not charge us extra. He stayed true to the contract. He knew his stuff and I would use him again.

Description of Work
A-Z Home Repair & Improvements did a lot of little things for us. This was a big deal.

Category contractors

11/16/2013

Lawrence W.

I was on vacation all last week and I will get back in touch tomorrow.

Description of Work
A-Z Home Repair & Improvements

Category remodeling

11/07/2013

Kenneth H.

Shawn was one of two contractors who bid on the job. He came to the house and provided a free estimate. I accepted his bid because it was significantly lower than the competitor for the same work. Despite rain delays, Shawn made steady progress on the job and completed the project within six days. The new deck looks really good and the door frame repair is hard to spot. He went the extra mile to get matching trim paint that made the repair nearly invisible. The job cost was exactly as bid and the job is warranted for three years. Overall a great job.

Description of Work
Wooden deck needed new deck boards, stairs, bench seat, and railings. Shawn also repaired dry rot in the frame for the door from the family room onto the deck.

Category decks

10/02/2013

lorrie W.

Great service--accomplished a lot in our 2 hr window with the Angie's List deal-- I will certainly use in the future

Description of Work
sawed off bottom of screen door that was scraping replaced light fixture in master bath removed old grout

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service

09/19/2013

Nigel H.

We have neighbors who have used this company several times for a variety of projects and love them... The work I have witnessed appears to be first class; however the two times that I have tried to engage their services for urgent projects they have been to busy and backed up to be able to help. It is a good thing in so much as they are very popular and sought after; however it will pay you to plan ahead to allow plenty of time for them to fit you in to the schedule.

Description of Work
nothing

08/29/2013

Robin G.

We had purchased 2 big deals from him. He came out for the first one and when he was done that day we still had 3 hours and 10 minutes left. He told us that he could come out and do the work several times but never did make it. I believe that is over extended.

Description of Work
Home repairs.

07/31/2013

Colleen F.

He did an excellent job. Would recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced two ceiling light fixture , installed bathroom fan and cut opening for bathroom mirror installation.

07/22/2013

Ross U.

Shawn was great - very professional and did nice work. I had bought a 3-hr "deal" and it only took him 2 hours to do everything I needed. I thought I would just forfeit the extra hr but he said I could just use it at a later date.

Description of Work
Repair fence, other odd jobs.

07/22/2013

DIANE E S.

minor jobs OK (chimney cap, correct several cutter nails, made new wooden shelf for outdoor grill, cut access opening for spa draining under sun and built a watermelon s lice bird house. These went fairly well, but long waits and many calls on some of the projects. Main Project - replace the front door frame completely and installed a new storm door. This was not done properly with some damage done to the storm door, door bottom sill not level and collects water from storm door not fitting properly with opening along the top and sides that allow water to pool on sill. When it is wet the storm door sticks along the opening side and we cannot use it due to the frame expansion and tilted attachment of the storm door. We made at least 12 calls to inquire when he would return to fix the door and had parts ordered because of his damages to door. He last said he had parts ordered and that was last heard from him and just gave up contacts. We will need to hire another source and new storm door . Experience on small projects B. Experience with door project unacceptable.

Description of Work
several minor jobs, and one major job

07/17/2013

Robert H.

It went very smoothly. Shawn is easy to work with and very knowledgeable and skilled. He took out the old fixture, assessed what was needed to support, did that support work, and then installed the fan. He had to do a fair amount of touch-up to the ceiling afterward, because it was necessary to break out some of the ceiling in order to install the needed support. He knows just how to do that ceiling work too and it looks great.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan in our dining room, including taking out the old chandelier.

07/01/2013

KIRIT P.

He did a great profrssional job in a reasonable cost. Arrived on time and also offered the senoir discount for the work he performed.

Description of Work
Replace the dryer hose, install hingws on the door, and replace a light switch.

06/19/2013

Richard G.

I wanted him to come back and give me an estimate to put a side on my staircase and he never got back to me. Other than that, for what he did I think that we are very satisfied. I would use him again.

Description of Work
A-Z Home Repair & Improvements did some handyman work for me.

06/14/2013

Laura B.

A guy named Shawn from A-Z Home Repair & Improvements came out. He's good, punctual, very pleasant, look kind of beyond things needed to do and work around some like minor issues that were presented in a way. He solved problems and move on. He's very quick in the things that he did, so it was very nice.

Description of Work
I used A-Z Home Repair & Improvements to refurnish, sheetrock and fix the ceiling on a room.

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling

06/02/2013

JACK G.

Bought on Angies list 2 hrs work for 69 dollaes. Called to make an appointment but was told that because of the distance I would be charged $69 for each trip to Wake Forest and he really didn't want to come

Description of Work
nothing

Category woodworking

05/28/2013

JUDITH G.

My husband was quite pleased with the work accomplished and definitely wants to work together again on future projects. In fact, I plan to make contact this week for help in new and same category projects.

Description of Work
Help organize garage/workshop space; measuring, hanging shelving, etc.

05/20/2013

Jennifer B.

The installation was fine and everything was done to a very high quality. He was prompt, efficient and did great work. In addition, we had purchased a "Big Deal" which had expired, and he honored the full value anyway. My only slightly negative comment is regarding his overall demeanor and communication with customers. He is very terse and sometimes pretty sarcastic or slightly put out. There were a few items I wanted his advice on in terms of what would work best related to our projects, and his response each time was essentially "It's whatever you want. It's you job." I appreciate that he left the decision to me, but it would have been useful to have his input. That said, I have no complaints about the quality of the work, which was excellent, and for that reason, I would consider using this company again.

Description of Work
He installed a new pair of bifold doors over our laundry area and installed a closet organizer system with shelves and clothes rod.

05/16/2013

Bob C.

The project went very well .........contractor maintained schedule despite weather problems. All work was completed in about a week elapsed time. Contractor provided continuous progress reports by email .....with accompanying pictures of work. Contractor was also helpful with pre-project suggestions. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
1. Repaired side deck including new deck surface and new picket railing including stairway to ground (drop of about 5 feet). 2. Constructed a railing around the front stoop including railing down 2 steps to the ground. 3. Replaced the front inner door and storm door, which were badly damaged ..... casing of the inner door in particular.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking, doors

12/22/2012

Michael G.

I was very satisfied with the end results.

Description of Work
Removal of wallpaper in two rooms and painting of one of the areas . Work was done in a very professional manner. A lot of attention was paid to the quality of the work performed. I was very pleased with the results.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Window Genie of Southwest Raleigh Inc.

At Window Genie, we clean windows and a whole lot more! Window Genie is Southwest Raleigh’s leader in streak free window cleaning, lifetime guaranteed window tinting products, professional pressure washing services, gutter cleaning and gutter protection. Every technician has been background checked and fully trained before entering your home. We are fully insured, licensed and ready to provide you with our industry leading standards in professionalism, customer satisfaction and quality. Call today for a free estimate and put the Genie to work in your home!

Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Gardens of the Carolinas

We are a family owned, residential design/build landscaping firm that has been serving the triangle since 1981.

Award 2022
    Offers by Gardens of the Carolinas on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Handyman services from drywall to electrical to plumbing issues. Windows, to wood rot, to siding, to bathroom remodels. We paint rooms and resolve all your home inspection punch lists with warranties. We install dishwashers, commodes, sinks and fixtures. We install lighting, ceiling fans etc.

We do not work on HVAC systems. I do not install or remove wallpaper. I do not work on garage doors.