HOGLEN ROOFING

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2010

189 CANDLER SCHOOL RD

Candler, NC 28715

Rex will take care of your roof .

08/29/2016

Anne F.

Mr. Hoglen arrived as scheduled to make his estimate and arrived as scheduled to remove the old shingles and install new ones. We were very pleased with the work. In fact, Mr. Hoglen made several small repairs that were needed but he did not charge us for. He and his workmen were very easy to work with and they did an excellent job. One company we talked with said they covered the foliage around the house to prevent damage when they threw the old shingles to the ground and then they cleaned up the yard afterwards, even using a metal detector to get the nails. Well, Mr. Hoglen's crew gathered up the old shingles from the roof and lowered them to the ground in containers--they didn't just toss it all to the ground! They checked the yard before leaving, but there wasn't much of anything to pick up!

Description of Work
A tree fell in our yard, hitting the roof and damaging the shingles. We needed someone to remove the old shingles and put down new ones. We got three quotes and decided on Hoglen Roofing. He suggested that we drive by some of the houses he had roofed to see how the different shingle colors would look since it is hard to choose by looking at the small samples.

06/27/2014

Thomas K.

Description of Work
Replaced all shingles on roof, installed gutter guards, installed two chimney flue covers, replaced roof power vent. The Hoglen's did a professional job removing the old roof, replaced one small section of damaged plywood due to water damage, and installed the new roof. I liked that Rex Hoglen only removes the area of roof that he knows he and his team can remove the old shingles and install the new shingles the same day. They estimated it would take five days to complete. They were scheduled to start on a Monday but weather delayed them three days. Since they started on a Thursday, they worked Friday, Saturday, Monday and completed the job before noon the following Tuesday. I'm extremely happy with their work and also did a great job cleaning up every day and after the project was completed.

06/23/2014

mary W.

Description of Work
They replaced our entire roof. Also did a few minor repairs as needed. This is a family business. They were very professional, very prompt, very conscientous. They were extremely careful when cleaning up every day. They came in right on estimate ( except for a few added charges for those minor repairs). |They were wonderful people to work with. | |I highly recommend them.

06/19/2013

Wayne P.

Everything went great, Time, date, clean up, work was all completed as agreed.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing, repaired rotten wood, replaced shingles

05/08/2013

MARY B.

The Hoglens and I scheduled a start date; they arrived on time and worked dilligently for the expected days. The roof was completed on time and for the estimated amount. They cleaned up each day and were very professional. If I had any questions or concerns they answered the questions and explained why they were doing things in a particular way. They both took a lot of pride in their work. I did not promptly post this recommendation. It has been a year and we have had several heavy rains – I have had no leaks and the roof still looks great.

Description of Work
I had to replace the roof on my West Asheville 1920's house. The 10 year old current roof had been incorrectly installed by DIY previous owners. Water was blowing under the shingles and leaking into the attic. Also, even though I had the fireplace flashing replaced and resealed a few years ago, water continued to leak in around the fireplace. Penny and Rex Hoglen arrived as scheduled, measured the roof, showed me samples of materials, and gave me an estimate of cost. While on the roof to measure, Rex patched a few places to tide things over since rain was expected. Rex also let me know that some of the leaks were due to hail damage which none of the other contractors that did estimates had mentioned. I called my insurance company and an adjuster inspected the roof. He agreed that the roof did have hail damage so I was able to have a major portion of the cost paid for by my insurance.

04/24/2013

Sherrill M.

Description of Work
we have not' come up with the money yet 2 th notice we are still working on the money . this is a lot of money to come up with. we are on a fix income .

11/02/2012

Judy R.

They are not cheap but they are worth it. They were punctual. They followed their schedule that we had agreed on. They cleaned up after themselves everyday and made themselves available when I had questions. They also helped with the insurance claim. I was very satisfied with the whole experience. They did all the extra possibles without being asked. They guaranteed the shingles for 30 years.

Description of Work
They re-shingled the entire roof and repaired a couple of broken areas.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

08/29/2012

george Z.

It was time to replace my roof and I had several estimates done, but I was impressed with Rex and Penny from the beginning. They not only gave a detailed written estimate, but spent time in conversation describing their procedure and quality standard. I felt like they took a real interest in our needs. That was born out when they came to do the job, they were on time, organized,and the work was professional They took alot of pride in the work and I was surprised in the little extra things they did to make it look great. I felt like they did my job like it was their own house. When the work was done they meticulously cleaned the job site and I did not find one nail. I do not write reviews very often, but I was so pleased with Hoglen roofing I wanted to express my thoughts. Anyone who needs a roof owes it to themselves to contact this company.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof and new roof with archtectural shingles.

02/25/2012

William M.

I am very pleased with all of their work.

Description of Work
Hoglen Roofing. I was given the name of Rex Hoglen by a Contractor who used them to put a roof on his new home. He was very pleased with the work done. I told him of the problems I was having and he gave me Hoglen Roofing, and then explained how much he appreciated the work they did and their professionalism. On their initial visit to evaluate my roof they suggested that I call my insurance carrier to see if perhaps there was enough damage to have a portion of the repair covered by my homeowners insurance. They also offered to come out to the house while the inspector was here and they did so. After the inspection I was told that Hoglen would be at my house at 8:30 AM on Tuesday. At exactly 8:30 AM their truck pulled into my driveway and they began the repair. I have been very impressed with how concerned they are. They explain each step to me and keep me appraised of what they are doing. As each stage was completed the ground was swept and cleaned of all debris to make sure no one stepped on a nail or got hurt on anything else. At the end of day one, everything was cleaned up and a blower was used to make sure the deck and all the paved areas were clean. This was repeated every day until the job was completed I wish every contractor was as conscientious as Hoglen Roofing. I could not have asked for a better experience. Bill Marr Asheville, NC

11/14/2011

Marvin R.

Excellent installation and a roofer that spoke intelligently. He was next to the lowest of 5 estimates. Actual price came in below his estimate. They did a full roof replacement with meticulous attention to detail with quality materials. He suggested I contact my homeowners insurance to assess possible hail damage (no others made that recommendation). Insurance adjustor agreed. After installation we had a small leak during a heavy rain storm. Called him and he came out during the storm and fixed the leak around one of our skylights. No problems since then. They were highly recommended by several friends and I recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Complete shingle replacement with repair of some rotted wood.

One Shot Pressure Washing LLC

One Shot Pressure Washing is about all of your exterior cleaning needs for residential and commercial. This includes -House washing -roof cleaning -sidewalks -pool decks -roof cleaning -window cleaning -gutter cleaning Our main goal is to get your property looking fresh and new once again and make sure all of our customers needs are filled to the best of our ability.

2022 Super Service Award

TM Projects Wnc

TM Projects Wnc is accepting all service requests. We can service your home with minimal physical contact and can even pay online! Our safety measures have increased dramatically due to the COVID virus. And will use every measure possible to keep you, your family and our employees safe! We are an owner-operated company with over 10 years of experience, meeting all of your home and property management needs. Please call us today to meet your home improvement needs!

Offers Coupon

Ridge Roofing

Ridge Roofing is an owner-operated roofing company that serves WNC, Greenville and Spartanburg, SC and surrounding areas. With over 10 years of experience you can count on us to get your job done right at our best price. Your home's roof is one of its most important features and key investments. To ensure long-term safety and support, it's important to make sure it is regularly serviced and maintained by certified experts. Proper service is essential for reliable safety. We have years of experience providing unparalleled service. Call us at: (828)-335-ROOF - WNC or (864)-310-3888 - Greenville & Spartanburg.

2022 Super Service Award

We will stop your roof from leaking. We will clean your gutters ..

We do not do built up roofs or hot tar roofs.