First Call Cleaning and Restoration

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2012

3205 NC 62 North

Burlington, NC 27217

We are a 25 year old, Family owned, 2nd generation, full service Restoration Company out of Burlington NC. We are located in Northern Burlington/ Alamance County and cover an area about 2 hours outside of Burlington. We have 15 employees, including 3 General Contractors, 2 Clean Trust Masters

04/24/2017

Daniel S.

Lots of problems. 1st they would never respond back to my calls, 2nd called the night before they were supposed to start to tell me that it would be the 1st of the following week before they could start. Not good, I had already moved out everything in the kitchen so basically I had to move stuff back so i could live there over the weekend. They said the job would be completed in one day, wrong took them several days. They damaged the back door on my house and it took them forever to fix it. Their workers left cigarette butts all over my yard where they had their saw set up. Then when they sent me the invoice it was higher than the written quote I had received from them. When I questioned them about it they said then needed more plywood they they thought and forgot to send me and my insurance a revised estimate so I got stuck with the added cost.

Description of Work
Repair floor from water leak.

06/22/2015

Casey L.

05/21/2015

Otto B.

Description of Work
I contacted First Call to give me an estimate to install Barrier free bathroom. They appeared on an authorize contractors list from the VA and they were in close proximity to my home. |First they took a couple days to respond to my voice mail. Next the estimator came late for the appointment. He listen to our concerns and needs. This was on a Thursday he said he would get back to me the following Monday with the estimate. It was Wedneday when he called back stating it would be by Friday that week. He has yet to get back to me now approximately 3 weeks later. Needless to say very disappointing customer service. I will not use or refer this outfit to anyone

Category carpet cleaners

Hello [Member name removed],my name is Joshua Moore. I apologize for the bad experience you had with our company. I checked the timeline on the estimate and it was our fault for the delay. We were extremely busy but the estimator should have been in contact with you to let you know that he was over promised. Please forgive us for the delay and accept my sincere apology. Joshua Moore joshfirstcall@live.com 336-227-1807

04/29/2015

Kathy & Ben B.

It was a good price and a good job. No mess or anything.

Description of Work
They came and cleaned ductwork before a new central air unit put in

Category water damage restoration, air duct cleaning

Thank You so much [Member name removed]!! We appreciate the feedback on our services!

01/08/2015

Mel A.

On time; work quickly, extremely thorough; listened well to concerns; answered questions thoroughly & respectfully. This is the 2nd time I have used this company w/ superior results.

Description of Work
Clean heating & A/C vents, duct work, including one opening to duct & inside duct that was contaminated with moldy vomit.

10/09/2014

Holly S.

This was estimated as a $16,000.00 fire. My family and I chose IKEA cabinets and counters, along with a drop in stove and built in exhaust fan. This was the ONLY company out 4 that would agree to install the IKEA cabinets. The entire team was extremely professional. We changed the placement of some items and they provided professionals who were able to follow the design and did an excellent job. They handled contracts with all subcontractors and supervisors not only did frequent inspections but also worked with the craftsmen. I absolutely will use them again because they also do general repairs. I felt comfortable leaving them in my home if I had to run an errand. I have never worked with a more professional company. Wish I had known about them when I had t9 have repairs made from storm damage. Considering them for some future work!

Description of Work
Completely restored my kitchen which was destroyed by a fire. Cleaned and painted all the smoke damage in adjacent rooms

09/04/2014

Susan D.

Description of Work
I had a hot water heater leak with mold and water damage. They were great in fixing everything promptly despite several snowstorms interrupting their schedule. |

08/20/2014

Katherine J.

It went well. He did a wonderful job. He moved all the furniture that needed to be moved and put flaps under the furniture to help with drying. I was pleased with his work.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets in six rooms and a hallway.

02/14/2014

Richard M.

Category remodeling

01/29/2014

Amy F.

Showed up a little late but came week of Thanksgiving and got the work done efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Retiled bathroom, insulated crawl space, and repaired dry wall.

Category remodeling

11/22/2013

chad D.

They were on time, cleanup the mess and were very professional.

Description of Work
Send floor dryer vent needed to be cleaned of lint build-up.

Category dryer vent cleaning

10/14/2013

sandra L.

I was very pleased with the service that I received from First Call. I will be using their service again. The technician was very respectful and courteous, and worked very diligently the entire time. I appreciate the complimentary bottle of carpet spot remover that was given at the completion of the work. I highly recommend this company for carpet cleaning. I can attest to the technician professional demeanor and appearance, and the quality of his work. Thank you, Angie, for the opportunity to share my experience.

Description of Work
cleaned carpet

Thanks!!!

09/03/2013

JIM C.

The work turned out well. We were very pleased with them and would highly recommend them. they were nice to work with and cleaned up after themselves. They even sent in a carpet cleaner to clean the carpet after the sheetrock work was complete.

Description of Work
They redid ceiling after there had been water damage.

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

Thanks [Member name removed]!!!!

08/28/2013

Linda G.

They are very good. They are going to come back as one of them wasn't as clean as well so they are very responsive. They were very prompt. They responded well to my emails and phone calls. When I told them one of the ducts looked dirty, they were fine and said they will come back and re-clean the system. I liked that they were willing to come back right away and not even question it is good as well.

Description of Work
I used First Call Cleaning and Restoration to clean the air ducts on all three of my heating systems.

Category air duct cleaning

Thank You so much [member name removed]. I was so glad to come back, we want the system to be clean, especially in you're situation. Let me know If you ever need anything, Thanks!!!

08/27/2013

Kevin H.

They arrived on time and went to work on sofa. They spent more time on sofa that I thought they would, and it looks great. Carpet is also very clean.

Description of Work
Cleaned living room, hall and 1 bedroom. Carpets and a sofa.

Thanks!!!!

04/26/2013

Joseph G.

Great job and great service! We will definitely be calling First Call to come back very soon to do our other floors.

Description of Work
Our puppy had unfortunately used our living room carpet as her own personal bathroom. First Call came out and moved all of the living room furniture out and then sprayed a wonderful deodorizer before cleaning the carpet. Then they moved the furniture back into the room.

Thank You So Much!!!

04/01/2013

Laura B.

First Call was hired to address a moisture and mold problem at a vacation property in Person Co. Although they are based in Burlington, they were more than happy to do the work. After having exterior waterproofing perfomed by another provider, First Call came in and did extensive mold cleanup on the entire bottom floor of my house - the house sits on a slope and the bottom floor contains three bedrooms, a bath and a hallway. Josh explained the types of green cleaners used, all the areas to be cleaned, including all ductwork and all surfaces. They removed all the carpet, all involved drywall and studs. The section of drywall that was involved included one whole side of the house - the exterior walls of two bedrooms. They then did air quality testing to confirm that all mold had been removed. When the test failed, they returned and did further cleaning, and checked all the possible small spaces where a mold colony can live. The second testing came back clean. At that point the team did an almost complete renovation of three bedrooms and hall - drywall, painting, etc. They repaired a soffit containing ductwork as well. They recommended a flooring company to do the carpet and linoleum and coordinated all of those efforts. Josh spent a lot of time determining the best placement of a dehumidifier unit to keep the future moisture level down and brought in his plumber to route the drain and make the unit essentially maintenance free. He was able to place it in a storage space under the stairs. After all of that work, I was concerned that there might be some mold contamination upstairs as well. His team came in and did a similar cleaning of all surfaces to obtain a negative mold air quality test. During the entire process - spanning October to January, Josh was always available to answer any questions and give me updates on the progress. In case you were wondering why it took so long - I encouraged Josh and the team at First Call to give my property lower priority since it is a vacation home and was not being used. Most of the initial work was completed in two weeks while the flooring came a bit later and finally the dehumidifier installation. My overall experience with First Call was superior and I would recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Mold remediation (cleaning of all surfaces and cleaning of all ductwork), remodeling of drywall and studs that had to be removed due to mold, painting, and installation of a maintenance free dehumidifier to control future moisture. I did not rate the price on this review because I did not get any other quotes. That being said, I believe that for the extent of work done, it was worth the cost to have it done right. Josh and his team were very professional, clearly know what they are doing and did an excellent job.

Category carpet cleaners, remodeling, air duct cleaning, mold removal

01/21/2013

John M.

Josh was very punctual after I sent an e-mail requesting an estimate on the above items. We set the appointment for an early morning visit. Josh called a couple of days in advance to confirm date as well as an estimate of approximate cost. When he arrived, he looked over the rooms as well as the items that we discussed. He educated me on what he and his associate was going to do - what would be involved - and if there was any other room/item that we needed cleaned. Once it was agreed, he proceeded to put on shoe covers as well as a drop mat to protect our hardwood floors where the hose would be laying. I was very happy to see that the stain that I couldn't get out with my machine he was able to remove without an issue. His assistant was diligently working on pre-treating stains before Josh would go over them with the cleaner. I would go over each room after the cleaning to see how well everything went and was elated to see that the carpets were dry to the touch. After seeing how the progress was going, I had Josh go ahead and clean (2) other rooms making a total of (6) rooms, (1) bathroom, and (1) hallway. Once the jobs were completed, Josh gave me a free bottle of carpet cleaner to use on spots that might occur in the future and if I needed more - just to call. I asked him if he wanted payment after the jobs were completed and he told me that he would bill after (1) week just to make sure that there wasn't any issues with the cleaning. I received the bill the other day and was astonished that was still the "estimate" price that he had given me and wasn't anymore monies even after we added the (2) other rooms. Very Professional - Very punctual - and Very clean!

Description of Work
Had First Call come out to resident to clean (4) rooms, (1) bathroom, and (1) hallway. There were a couple of hard carpet stains that I couldn't get out with my "home" carpet cleaner and had them address them on this visit.

Category carpet cleaners

Thanks Customer!! It was an Honor to take care of the cleaning. Looking forward to working with you again in the future!

11/27/2012

WALLY B.

They did a great job.

Description of Work
They cleaned air ducts.

Category air duct cleaning

This means A LOT! Thank You so much Customer!!

11/09/2012

Evelyn D.

The technician arrived on time and was very friendly. He walked through my home with me so I could show him trouble areas and then he helped me move furniture out of the way. The process was very easy and he was done within two hours. He explained that I needed to leave the furniture off the carpet for a few more hours and told me to call him if I had any problems. I had hired another professional carpet cleaner the year before and was still left with stains and dark areas. I never said anything because I thought that was a good as the carpet could look. First Call did a much better job and my carpets look newer and whiter than I have ever seen them! Not only did my carpets look better but my home smelled better. All the odors from my pets that were lingering in my carpets were gone, even my older children noticed when they came to visit. I can highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I called First Call for a carpet cleaning and had an appointment with the technician the next day. There were five bedrooms, a hallway and a 25 step stairway to be cleaned. I had a few animal stains that I showed to the technician that I wanted cleaned and removed as well.

Go Dry Carpet Cleaning

Our dry carpet cleaning process in Greensboro NC thoroughly rids your carpet of dirt, stains, allergens and other dangerous contaminants and is dry instantly. Our carpet cleaning system even removes soil and detergent left behind by other carpet cleaning methods or inexperienced budget carpet cleaners. You'll Love The New Way To Clean Carpet! We Guarantee It!

M&M Carpet Cleaning

M&M Carpet Cleaning is a full service company. We take great pride in our services. We specialize in Residential and Commercial properties. Our services consist of Carpet cleaning, and Landscaping. We are a family owned business, and dedicated to our customers satisfaction. We promise to leave no mess behind. We gladly give free estimates. Call us today for your free quote. We are fully bonded and insured.

2022 Super Service Award

All Dry Services of the Triad Chapel Hill

All Dry of the Triad, Chapel HIll and Durham specialized in 24/7 Water and Mold remediation. Water Damage inside your home from a plumbing leak, flood or leaky appliance? All Dry can help get your home dry again! Growth, mold or mildew inside your home from a previous leak or moisture? All Dry can remove, treat and seal that mold to get your home back to the healthy environment you deserve! Just give us a call!!

2022 Super Service Award

We specialize in disaster restoration, including- Fire and Smoke, Water Damage, Mold Remediation, Bio-Hazard/Crime Scene. We are also well rounded cleaners, including- Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Carpet and Upholstery. We also offer BPI certified energy audits including Blower Door/ Duct Blasting Testing, Sealed Crawlspaces, injectable foam insulation and Inferred Camera Inspections.