Dave Post Company

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2012

2740 Bellemont Alamance Rd

Burlington, NC 27215

We are a small locally owned and operated business that offers more than just lawn care we offer a small aray of things that can help you with your needs.

09/01/2018

Sara T.

Junk King let us down and, at the last minute, refused to take 1/3 of our "junk" which was a big pile of bricks. I immediately called Dave Post and he agreed to take them off our hands at his earliest opportunity. He showed up on the day agreed, earlier than his normal advertised working hours, and moved the pile in a matter of minutes at a great price. Also my father in law will sometimes hire him for landscape maintenance (I think landscaping is his core business) so he comes "double recommended."

Description of Work
Removal of a big pile of bricks.

Category hauling services

04/10/2017

Judie B.

This man either has a substance abuse problem or is just a creep. He texted my SO rather late the night before he was scheduled to do some work and had very inappropriate comments in his message. He was fired on the spot.

Description of Work
Yard work, handyman stuff.

Category lawn service

I personally just seen this review and I think this was someone else because i would not do that , and honestly if you look at all my reviews they have been positive, this may have been someone else , because i have never been fired from any job,sorry for any inconvenience ,but please remove this review.

02/27/2017

Susan S.

Perfect. Dave is a true professional. Beautiful work.

Description of Work
Retaining wall and place gravel in driveway and a small deck

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

05/18/2016

Sandra P.

Description of Work
Very professional...good job!

05/04/2016

Susan S.

Description of Work
Put in retaining wall. Leveled driveway and put down gravel. Put in some plants. They did a beautiful job and were very professional. Highly recommend.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping

01/31/2016

Bridgett W.

New property and it need treatment for grubs plus overseeing..excellent company!!! I have been using them for a while and I am very happy with this company!

Description of Work
Overseeding and lawn treatment

01/22/2016

Catherine M.

Description of Work
Poured a concrete slab next to existing driveway. We were delayed because of rain but was done in a reasonable time.

Category drywall, handyman service, pressure washing, hardscaping

10/31/2015

Teri H.

Consistent and reliable.

Description of Work
General yard work.

Category lawn service, pressure washing

08/03/2015

Adam K.

Job done as expected. In the past year Dave's company has done popcorn ceiling repair, interior painting, dryer duct work, cabinet repair, and landscaping at rentals. He is professional and dependable.

Description of Work
Month's worth of mowing at rental house.

Category drywall, landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing

07/20/2015

Robert B.

He does a wonderful job. He's done the mowing and landscaping. He's hauled away junk and does anything you need done on the outside. Comes in and cleans up entire yard.

Description of Work
He mows my yard and plants-landscaping and any thing else you need done outside.

06/06/2015

Ann W C.

Dave and his crew are awesome! When I first met Dave my garden was severely over grown. I had just recently bought the house and where there was dirt, there usually was a plant. Several landscapers I asked didn't even want to touch it. Last December Dave gave the yard a deep haircut and this spring and summer I have flowers growing that didn't come up the prior year! Made all the difference. Besides doing an excellent job, I have always found Dave to be very professional and fair. He has also done several small house repairs as well as built a retainer wall on my creek bank that was eroding. Great gentleman to do business with. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I have quite the garden and it is on every side of the house. Trimmed all shrubs and small trees and weeded (weed eater) all the beds that needed it (which was most) and cleaned up all trimmings. This was a big job.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service, pressure washing, hardscaping

05/20/2015

Bridgett W.

I'm in another state ( Florida) and needed someone to cleanup and cut my newly purchased home in North Carolina. Dave Post Company provided me with excellent service and along with photos before and after each time the property is done. His company is always on time and even when they notice that some drove on my property leaving tire marks all over they were nice enough to inform me and send photos! Their prices are very competitive. (GREAT!) And I would recommend them to anyone I knew if they were looking for a great company!!

Description of Work
Initial clean and removal of debris along with landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service

05/18/2015

Robert B.

It went very well. He is wonderful at all he does!

Description of Work
Put in sod, planted plants, mows yard weekly.

Category lawn service, pressure washing

02/01/2015

Robert B.

It went wonderfully. Dave responded right away. He came out the next day to give an estimate. He was very professional and nice. He did the work right away. He did such a great job making the outside of my house look great! His price was good. I highly recommend

Description of Work
Put in bark, pruned shrubs, cut trees, blew leaves off yard, cleaned yard up.

Category lawn service, tree service, pressure washing

Thank you so much for the great review, look forward to doing more work for you in the future

01/27/2015

Angela H.

Took time with us to decide placement and offered great suggestions to make sure he planted them in the right place for our needs. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Trees are doing great so far. Planning to use again in the future.

Description of Work
Planted 6 holly trees.

Category tree service, pressure washing

06/07/2014

Jolie W.

They were good, quick and professionnalisme. The forgot two small steps off the garage, but did extra by washing the front sidewalk. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Pressure washed my House and Decker

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

06/04/2014

Tammy S.

He did an excellent job of digging up old stubborn boxwoods, conditioning the soil. He dug up my bulbs and their rhizomes and replanted those, and even planted some extra perennials that I had bought. That wasn't in his quote, so I thought that was an extra nice thing for him to do for me. He cleaned up after the job and the only way I can tell he was here is that the flower bed in front of my home looks absolutely beautiful!!! He is very professional, and friendly and has a real eye for making a flower bed look wonderful. This was just a fantastic experience and I'd recommend him to anyone! I'd definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Mr. Post came by and gave a quote prior to the service. He had some great ideas for making my front flower bed look better than what I had in mind. He gave a very reasonable quote and came when he promised.

Category landscaping

05/07/2014

Evelyn C.

He dug up whole ground around my back door entrance & planted new sod & stepping stone. He planted shrubbery I had bought, fixed uneven back door stoop by pouring new concrete & lifting up the uneven steps. Dave also added soil & put down seed covered with hay in another adjacent area to allow it to grow and be healthy. He finished by instruction me on watering the area to keep the new landscaping vibrant & with continued growth. I find Dave trustworthy, honorable, and dependable. He and his crew work fast but thorough. I plan to hire him in a couple of months to do more work.

Description of Work
I had drawn out exactly the landscaping I wanted done. Dave was methodical in working the project exactly as I had instructed. There was one small item I asked him to correct, which he did instantly and with a huge desire to please. Dave save me money by putting in his design items that would help me with the natural drainage of the property. In addition to the landscaping, Dave was helpful in his ideas on other problem areas in of my yard. It was much more than I expected to pay, but I do love the expression: "you get what you pay for!" He is work every penny.

08/12/2013

Nancy S.

He was great and I plan on using him for some additional repairs in a month. Have referred him to a neighbor for some outside repairs they need as well.

Description of Work
Repaired the ignitor on the grill.

Category gas grill repair, handyman service, pressure washing

05/29/2013

Darrell S.

The guy from Dave Post Company was good. He came on time and did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Dave Post Company to do landscaping works.

05/28/2013

Linda D.

Mr Post and his crew arrived on time, after we reviewed my expectations, they all went to work. Two hours later they were done, they removed the old shrubbery, gravel and stones. The areas that were dug up were clean and ready for planting. They did exactly what I expected and I am still thrilled with the results!! I called three other landscape/yard work people recommended by friends and neighbors, Mr Post was the only one to come out, give me an estimate and then actually perform the work. I am just delighted!

Description of Work
Mr Post removed existing shrubbery, added new soil to the flower bed areas for me to plant additional plants and flowers. He also removed part of a gravel and stone walkway to create additional flower beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing

03/20/2013

Diane D.

Overall, I would definitely use Dave Post Co. again.

Description of Work
I contacted Dave Post for some landscaping work in my back yard. He came out and sent me an estimate. After checking with others, he came in the lowest. He came out as he said he would with 2 others and they made my backyard look wonderful by laying sod and landscaping around the patio. They did it all in one day. He did come back the next week and powerwash my patio. I also had a friend who contacted Dave and she hired him well.

09/02/2012

Andrew A.

They finished in one day despite some equipment problems.

Description of Work
Dave Post's crew power-washed our home last week. They were prompt, efficient, courteous, and thorough workers. The job was well done and I would recommend their work.

07/25/2012

Tara R.

Dave came ahead of schedule due to my request. We just bought our home and needed ALOT of yard work done. When I saw ALOT, that is an understatement. We had weeds growing through flowers and bushes. The gardens had not been tended to in over 3 months. Dave did a spectacular job on the yard. While doing all the landscaping he notice some exterior issues with gas lines and water pipes that he brought to our attention. If you need any handy work, landscaping to the EXTREME or just a mowed lawn this is the guy to call! Honest, affordable and Great work!Tree

Description of Work
Trees, bushes and flowers removed, trimmed and planted. Mulch and paver stones added to gardens. Bee and snake removal in brush.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, pressure washing