Carolina Foundation Solutions LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2008

2771 Alamance Rd.

Burlington, NC 27215

At Carolina Foundation Solutions, LLC our strength is our quality people. From the office to the field, our people are some of the most highly skilled in the industry. Our commitment to quality means that our people undergo an extensive training program and continuous re-certification on the

05/04/2022

Ward C.

Robert and Marvin were very professional and worked nonstop to get my work done in a very thorough and timely manner. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Helical piers installed

01/11/2022

Robert P.

Just had a great experience with Carolina Foundation Solutions. Andrew provided a clear overview of the options for a bowing basement wall and settling corner. Robert, Wesley, and Marvin did the work. Andrew knew the pros and cons for the solutions and explained them well. I am a tough-minded engineer and have very high standards for worksmanship. Robert, Wesley, and Marvin did a FANTASTIC job. They were punctual, thorough, and professional. They put in helical supports for the corner and carbon fiber straps for the bowing wall. I did not do any comparison pricing.

Description of Work
Reinforce bowing basement wall and sinking corner

09/01/2020

Russell G.

From the first call speaking to receptionist, to meeting with Bo, to the work having been completed rapidly and SO CLEANLY we have been extremely impressed. Could not recommend more highly.

Description of Work
Shore up our foundation

02/17/2020

Jim B.

Contractor never responded to quote request.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

05/01/2018

Leslie S.

My Mom and I own a small cabin in Waynesville and I contacted Carolina Basement Solutions (Carolina Foundation) to come out and evaluate our crawl space underneath the cabin and the structural supports, as well as waterproofing solution. The representative Barry Fletcher came out and was so professional and knowledgeable. He took the time to really take a look at everything and to sit down with me to go over the estimate. I had a ton of questions which he took the time to answer and those questions continued for the next couple of days. He never got tired of answering my questions, he made sure I understood everything and at no time was I ever pressured to sign a contract. I hired this company to do the necessary repairs and am so glad I did. Fantastic experience from start to finish. Would hire them again with no hesitation.

Description of Work
Additional floor supports underneath small cabin and installation of sump pump

11/09/2017

Michelle V.

Carolina Solutions returned my call promptly and showed up on time for the estimate appt. It turned out they don’t install the support piers needed to fix the sagging floor in our master bedroom. They recommended someone to do the repair and we are in the process of having that done.

Description of Work
Remedy an over-spanned floor joist.

10/23/2017

Daryl N.

Structural engineer (not CFS) was great, met me and the crew there first day. The crew lead tried to change the engineer's plans. Fortunately, that didn't happen. On 1st day, engineer made it clear that photos of the exposed repair were required prior to covering back up with dirt. That didn't happen until I reminded crew lead, who had some excuse about his phone battery. And they had to dig it back up. Debris cleanup was only done after I said something. Straw wasn't put down as they didn't bring any, and I lost energy to make that happen. In short, be prepared to baby sit.

Description of Work
Installed piers to reinforce a wall that was settling. They were there maybe a day and a half.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business. We take pride in providing quality work at a competitive price. To ensure such quality, we utilize a customer satisfaction checklist that we have our crew leader review with the client to acknowledge that all tasks were completed to expectation. We have a signed receipt of this document by you that signifies our crew leader completed the repair to expectation. It is our understanding, that the repair was completed in line with the engineer's recommendations. We highly value the services provided by licensed engineers. As a result of the above, your comments come as a surprise to us. Our sales consultant has made multiple attempts to reach you to discuss your complaint. We are happy to discuss the details of your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 877-770-7050.

10/02/2017

Ricardo W.

Representative was very honest in his assessment and no services required.

Description of Work
Came to look at a crack by the foundation. Could have recommended repairs costing into the thousands but was very honest and stated that the crack was minor and, at this point, he did not believe that his services were required.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience with our technical sales consultant!

09/19/2017

Robert K.

Perfect from start to finish. They were the first to respond out of three companies and my wife and I did not have to do any leg work the other company wanted me to do. They were very reasonable at the same price as one other. Half the third. As stated we looked at three and they were the best choice by far. They finished in less than a day and cleaned up. My grandfather came over to talk as he is social and loves hard work and the individuals working showed patience not to brush him off while still focusing on the job. That I am thankful for even more than the great work.

Description of Work
We had them come put in jacks for our moving chimney. It was pulling away from the third floor and they were about to show they were more than prepared for the job.

06/14/2017

Brian F.

Provided a competitive quote for services. Were unable to do framing corrections, but foundation pier solution was at a competitive price. Our buyer cancelled the sale, but I believe the seller went with this company to do the work.

Description of Work
Foundation repair for a buyer client.

05/09/2017

Betsy H.

Result achieved efficiently with no damage to interior walls or cracking on brick. Its been approximately 10 years, corrections are stable.

Description of Work
Piers installed to level foundation about 3 inch raise at one end. .

04/20/2017

Jeanne L.

Excellent - Mr. Adams was very honest and checked out foundation and told us that no work was needed at this time.

Description of Work
Check foundation

02/21/2017

Kathy D.

Since the house was up for sale, I needed to have the work done as quickly as possible. It was done on time and was done very well. I was pleased. I have no idea how much it cost as I was not the owner.

Description of Work
I needed to have a crack repaired in the cement floor, going from the garage and almost through the living room.

11/11/2016

Charles C.

They refused all the revisions requested above. Based on their ratings, I was shocked that they would not agree to these reasonable revisions. I have had concrete contractors do driveways and walkways for me in the past and they were always willing to do either a broom finish or a smooth finish. Isn't it reasonable that they would be expected to compact soil they had removed and put back? Their warranty was a handout which three and one half years old--was it the most current--had they changed it since it had been provided to the salesman and then to me. I challenged them on there refusals, but they just talked about their ratings/reputation and said they didn't have the time to make any additional changes. This seemed so arrogant to me. I used another company instead.

Description of Work
A home that we owned had settling on two foundation walls. We hired an engineer to come up with a recommendation to resolve the problem. It involved using helical piers in the basement to shore up the foundation which required busting out concrete in the basement floor next to the sagging foundation and digging down below the foundation. After the helical piers would be installed, the fill material/soil would need to be put back in the holes and the basement floor repaired. I requested a revision to their proposal that "the concrete repair shall be flush with the adjacent concrete floor, flat, and have a smooth finish. Additionally, prior to pouring the concrete, the underlying soil or aggregate will be compacted to provide a stable substrate for the concrete.” The brick veneer on the exterior of the house had separated over the years, so I requested another revision that they repair that as well. I also asked them make a sample copy of the warranty a part of the proposal.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

09/24/2016

Ray P.

It went very well. Chuck Petzinger (Technical Consultant) was very professional in providing the estimate, ensuring that we consulted with an engineer, and following the engineer's recommendations. Melvyn and the crew also were very professional. They were careful and courteous, and explained the process thoroughly. As far as I could tell, they followed the appropriate procedures closely. The project, scheduled for 2 days, took 2 and a half days. This probably was because they took their time to be careful, allowed me to watch, and explained things as they went. I recommend Carolina Foundation Solutions.

Description of Work
Installed 8 helical foundation supports.

08/30/2016

Nancy M.

VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE! Gary McLamb talks a good game and projects a very professional appearance but regrettably CFS doesn?t deliver. Did not get required county building permit ahead of time which caused extensive project delay and then blamed county for their error. Not respectful of property. For instance, left big ruts in my decorative river rock alongside the road with their large vehicle and then only begrudgingly fixed it on the second visit at my insistence. Also, left a big mess of dirt on my driveway not once but twice (which I then had to clean up twice before rainstorms). This was after I called and respectfully complained about the first occurrence. Over-billed credit card for upfront deposit by several hundred dollars and then gave me an issue about correcting it (which it eventually was through my efforts with VISA). Actual cost came in nearly double the price of the estimate although there was no visible improvement whatsoever in the outward appearance of my home. Once again VERY underwhelming experience. Definitely would not recommend but if you do, be sure to use cash or check for payment!

Description of Work
Helical Pier (in corner of garage wall)

04/12/2016

Mary K.

After reviewing our situation CFS recommended we contact a brick mason to rebuild the support columns. His conclusion was that it would not be a good investment to utilize their services for the repair I needed. He also surveyed our fireplace and attached porch and noted potential areas to keep and eye on. No pressure at all to contract for services, he was very knowledgeable and professional. He provided good background information for us to understand what had caused the problems (ground settling) and how to monitor for future changes. While we did not contract with CFS I would not hesitate to recommend them or use them in the future.

Description of Work
Inspection of existing porch to recommend best approach to stabilize brick support columns.

12/14/2015

Leon S.

Gary McLamb, their general manager, came, talked with us, made a careful examination of our foundation, from the outside and in the crawl space, then explained the situation thoroughly with us. He did not consider there was any role for his business at this time - which was reassuring! - but suggested several steps he thought would be wise for us to consider. We were extremely pleased with both his courtesy and his professionalism, and we would definitely turn to his business if needed.

Description of Work
Given such positive recommendations on Angie's List, we contacted Carolina Foundation Solutions asking them to examine our home's foundation, consider if there was a problem, and if so make any recommendations.

12/01/2015

Ned R.

Carolina Foundation Solutions was very prompt and professional in assessing the situation/problem of a slab and fireplace hearth we had which had settled due to a void under the slab. Assessment was made in prompt manner and a quote soon thereafter provided. A deposit was paid and men from the company showed up promptly as scheduled, very professional, clean, ensured the job was done well (did not rush it), and fixed the problem. I feel they did a great job and would highly recommend them. They pumped in expandable foam to raise our slab which was best for our situation.

Description of Work
Lifted a interior slab that had sunk about 1.5" over a 6 foot span in the corner of a room.

07/27/2015

George C G.

When the work was completed, there was no additional movement for about one year. During that time, I completed the inside of the garage with sheetrock and moldings. Then I noticed additional cracks in the walls of the brick foundation and inside along the sheetrock. This continued and progressively got worse. Finally, in March of this year, I contacted the company again and requested a visit. Both an engineer and company representative came to the house. Neither one of them could agree on why this was happening. After several conversations between the two, they suggested ADDITIONAL work, in which they would then go underneath the concrete slab and secure it again. And, in addition, 5000.00 more cost! I felt they have created additional problems in my garage that were not there when they first touched this structure.

Description of Work
The provider installed 5 helical piers on my garage due to foundational movement. This work was done in 2010.

07/27/2015

david S.

I think his name was Bo. He was right on time in a clearly marked company car and a uniform. He introduced himself and asked about my concerns. I showed him all of my concerns and he did a complete inspection of my foundation including a 360 degree walk around as well as 100% of the crawlspace. The entire time he was explaining what he was looking for. The final conclusion was that the drywall cracks were not a foundation issue just typical settlement/construction on the "long" walls of the house. he noticed a place where water pools close to the house and suggested I get that fixed to prevent damage in the future. With the 100% free inspection done he was on his way and I was relieved not to have a bigger issue, and pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
I had noticed cracking in my drywall and was concerned I had a foundation issue. I scheduled the free estimate and evaluation and the evaluation was performed 7/17/2015.

03/03/2015

Dave S.

They did an excellent job! I have not had any problems with it.

Description of Work
They put in an encapsulation and a sump pump under our house in the crawl space.

01/19/2015

Greg F.

We chose CFS over a competitor because we felt that we were getting the "hard sell" from the competitor. By comparison, we felt that Gary McLamb of CFS did not attempt to oversell the need for or benefits of the services that his company provides. We had consulted with both contractors as well as two different civil engineers to get some clear consensus on how much work needed to be done and how effective it would be. The other contractor's salesman, while pleasant to deal with, went to great lengths to sell us on the need for a much larger project involving other parts of the foundation. One civil engineer had said the additional work was an option, but did not strongly endorse it. The second engineer had recommended against the additional work because he considered it both unnecessary and not guaranteed to work. So, the recommendations we got from CFS agreed more closely with the civil engineers than did the competition's. Gary and his staff were prompt and professional during every interaction. The installers worked efficiently and produced very little dust, which was a pleasant surprise, given that the first step is grinding down a masonry wall in preparation.

Description of Work
CFS installed carbon fiber strips to stabilize a bulging below grade basement wall. This remedy had been recommended by two independent civil engineers.

01/01/2015

LISA S.

Perfect! Loved the rep who came out. Met and exceeded all of my goals. Dependable and open communication!

Description of Work
Repair a crack in garage slab

12/23/2014

Peter S.

These guys did great work. They were on time, courteous, and successfully worked around the roots of a mature crepe myrtle which has survived and thrived in the first year after the work was completed.

Description of Work
Carolina Foundations fixed my crooked chimney. They installed several piers to support the chimney and line it back up with the frame of our home.

Category chimney repair, foundation repair

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Carolina Basement Systems

Carolina Basement Systems is your local, professional basement and crawl space repair specialists. They specialize in professional services that improve the health and functionality of your below-grade space: -Basement Waterproofing -Crawl Space Repair -Foundation Repair -Humidity and Mold Control We offer free, no-obligation estimates on all of our patented products. All of our products also have fully transferable, lifetime warranties so you can have piece of mind our solutions will fix your problem, permanently!

Regional Foundation & Crawl Space Repair

Regional Foundation & Crawl Space Repair isn't your typical company of contractors, but we make the search for a responsible and trustworthy contractor rather easy. We're a member of the internationally renowned Basement Systems, Inc. basement waterproofing network, where you'll find a network of dealers devoted to the important guidelines of respect, integrity and responsibility. We want to meet your needs and wherever possible, we even want to exceed your expectations! Additional phones - (800) 536-6260, (919) 605-4110, (919) 982-1239, (919) 422-3206.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Foundation repairs, new construction piers, basement wall repair, retaining wall repair, unlevel concrete floor, porch & garage slab

Water Proofing