Margaret Vestal at RE/MAX Executive

North Carolina
North Carolina Real Estate Commission

301 College St

Asheville, NC 28801

Lic No - 226935. Margaret Vestal: Real Estate Broker in Asheville since 2001, working in residential real estate in Buncombe, Henderson, Haywood, and (parts of) Madison Counties. Whether you are buying or selling, contact me to see if my experience, knowledge, guidance, and marketing plans are a benefit for you....

real estate agent (79)

12/19/2021

Lizabeth M.

From my experience, Margaret Vestal is simply the best NC realtor for so many reasons. First of all, Margaret really listened and understood our needs to find the right house for us. We had a long “want” list for our perfect house, and Margaret kept us informed of homes that met or came close to meeting our requirements. Secondly, Margaret is patient and flexible; Margaret did not make us feel rushed and remained open to new ideas. Thirdly, just a few minutes after meeting Margaret, we instinctively knew we could trust her and that she had our best interests at heart. She advised us to get preapproval for a mortgage early in case we found the perfect house (which was key to getting the house we eventually purchased), and she gave us recommendations for great mortgage lenders and a settlement attorney. When people would ask us who our realtor was, they would immediately react, proclaiming “Margaret is the best.” And here’s the clincher: we were doing all of this from 500 miles away! When we saw houses of interest, Margaret would quickly get appointments to show them to us via Zoom. She looked at potential houses as we would, pointing out areas of concern to us. Furthermore, Margaret knows the market quite well. She was honest with us and let us know which homes would likely stay in our budget once the bidding started (and she was correct every time on houses that we showed interest in). Within a few hours of our perfect house becoming available, Margaret really went above and beyond for us. She quickly scheduled an appointment to show it to us virtually, made recommendations for a solid bid on the house, and got all the paperwork done in just a few hours to compete with other bids. In today’s market, having your first bid accepted on your first house is almost unheard of, but we did it with Margaret’s help! But Margaret’s help did not stop here: she recommended inspections and was present for them, she answered so many of our questions via email and by phone, and she took away some of the stress involved in buying a home (especially when we were living so far away). Margaret even did the walkthrough at the time of settlement because we chose a “mail away” closing. I cannot say enough good things about Margaret and her expertise. She is just the best!

Description of Work
buying a house

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

I appreciate you so much! I am probably more surprised than you are at how smoothly and quickly this went. You guys knew what you wanted, but you were also flexible and rolled with the market. In short, you were terrific to work with! Thank you so much for trusting me as your "long-distance agent."

06/28/2021

Brandon S.

If you are relocating to Asheville, do yourself and your stress level a favor and hire Margaret. Margaret knows and understands this area and this market. She communicated with me so effectively that she understood my needs, preferences, budget and taste. She never wasted a moment of my time. She worked into the night preparing my offer and I followed her advice on bidding, earnest money, and contingencies. Margaret helped me get my dream home in an almost impossible market. She has my highest recommendation. Give Margaret a call and start packing... you'll be home soon.

Description of Work
Buy a Home

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

Your communication with me was also clear and decisive! And then the stars aligned and you did what it took to get that sweet house. Welcome to Asheville! And thank you for trusting me as your agent.

05/10/2021

Sarah B.

Margaret helped me buy my first home, during a very difficult time with low inventory on the market and high competition. She was very patient and calm, and helped me through the whole process, always with my best interests in mind. I highly recommend her and she will be my first choice if/when I ever need an agent again!

Description of Work
Buyer's Agent

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

You are one of my great success stories this year in this crazy market! I love the house and am so glad you were able to "win" it :) Thanks so much for the kind words and for being so pleasant and easy to work with.

04/22/2021

Ashley B.

I can't say enough great things about Margaret! We were pulled in a lot of different directions when we began our search for a home in WNC. After patiently asking all of the right questions, Margaret used her vast knowledge of both the area and the market to guide us through the process of purchasing our dream home. She pays incredible attention to detail - from spotting potential issues in a home during a walk through, to keeping us up to speed on all aspects of the inspection process, through skillful analysis and execution of a favorable contract. Margaret strikes the perfect balance required of outstanding real estate agents: she's incredibly professional and knows the business, but she also recognizes and can support clients through the stress and emotions of a big move and a big investment. She's a great listener, communicates clearly and quickly, and seemed to be as happy as we were about the outcome of the purchase. She's the total package, and we unequivocally recommend her to anyone looking to buy or sell in Western North Carolina.

Description of Work
Margaret was our real estate agent when we purchased a home in Western North Carolina.

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

You may have bought a home on the edge of the earth (LOL), but it is a wowser! What a special property, and I know your family is going to build so many memories there. You both were so easy to work with, and you did so much research that was really helpful. I hope you enjoy many peaceful retreats to this property.

04/11/2021

Adam L.

Margaret was a joy to work with, and helped us understand the unique Asheville market. She was personable, quick to respond to questions, and always made herself available. We would highly recommend Margaret, especially for anyone relocating to Asheville!

Description of Work
Purchase a home

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

You both were so great to work with - always a step ahead of me! I hate that you had a rough ride, but I hope that you are getting settled and loving the house now. Thank you so much for the review and for referring your former neighbor to me!

04/01/2021

KIM B.

Margaret was a TOTAL rockstar in finding us a new house from 2,600 miles away even when we thought it would be an impossible task. She was a true asset the entire time... from paying close attention to learn exactly what we were looking for... to setting up virtual showings... to giving us detailed information on the area... to advice with bidding... to scheduling inspections and finalizing details for closing. She has the biggest heart and is the kindest, most knowledgeable realtor we have ever dealt with who goes well above and beyond what anyone would expect. We would recommend her to everyone looking to buy property. She made everything easier and pleasurable. Thank you a thousand times Margaret! We will always be grateful to you for all you've done for us!!!

Description of Work
Buying a house

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Working with you and your family was true teamwork! You did your research and knew what you wanted. We were ready when the perfect opportunity presented itself and you acted decisively. It was a true pleasure working with you all. Thank you.

12/09/2020

Suzie S.

How can we say how Great Margaret was without using cliches? She made our purchase of a home in Fairview stress free. She handled every issue that came up with a calm competence, anticipating problems before they arose, and made the negotiations efficient and drama free! She is incredible and we heartily recommend her for any real estate transaction! Thank you Margaret! Scott and Suzie Soden

Description of Work
Buying a home

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

I am glad to hear that it was a stress-free experience! I guess that compared with living in a motor home after driving across country with two kids during a pandemic, it was a walk in the park :) I love the property you bought, and I know you are going to make it even more special than it already is. I will be waiting for an invite to see it . . . Thank you so much for choosing me to work with! You guys were absolutely wonderful clients.

12/02/2020

Adair A.

My spouse and I have dealt with 8 realtors in our 55 years of marriage. Margaret was our 7th and 8th. She is hands down the best. Never made us feel clueless even though we were at times. Patient, attentive, helpful in finding a lender (she gave us a list of several possibilities). When we needed to find a painter, and later a handyman, she gave us names of local workmen who other clients had given positive feedback on. Margaret is friendly, engaging, genuine. When we first thought of moving to Asheville, we told Margaret we were undecided and asked if she could send us listing in our price range. At the time we were residing in Missouri. 8 months later we got serious and came to Asheville and Margaret showed several condos to us. The experience was such that 7 years later when we decided we needed a bigger place, we called on Margaret to help us again. Her advice helped us navigate a difficult 4 months when we decided to buy our new place, then sell our condo. It was a stressful time for us as we needed 2 loans to make it work. Throughout the ordeal Margaret was prompt in returning our many emails and texts as we had a lot of questions. Her advice was spot on and things worked out smoothly in the end. Margaret treated us with respect throughout. Her positive, easy going personality is what we like about her as well as her making us feel at ease when we got stressed out. Thank you, Margaret. You’re the best!

Description of Work
Buy bigger home. Then sell condo.

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

I love working with you both, and appreciate you so much. I love the new place, and I am glad that it is a good fit for the current times. Thank you for the kind words and for trusting me to help with with selling and buying!

12/01/2020

Christine L.

Margaret was so knowledgeable and professional at every stage of the process. She helped us find the perfect house, and didn't sweat when we had only 2 weeks to find it. She had great recommendations and insights, but was never pushy. We spent our first night in our new house and couldn't be happier--I'd recommend her again and again!

Description of Work
Buying a House

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Oh my gosh. Your excitement made me so happy! I am so lucky to have been a part of helping your sweet family find a wonderful place to call home. Have you gotten the boys off that swing yet?

09/12/2020

Rhonda H.

Moving from Charlotte to the mountains of North Carolina, I needed a realtor. Margaret Vestal was recommended. I thank God for this recommendation as Margaret was amazing. She grew up in the area, so she knows it well. She understands the market and helped me negotiate when I was at a complete loss. She was efficient. She stayed in touch with me. She was conscientious, honest, quick to answer my questions and phone calls. After a week we found the home of my dreams! Before the closing, Margaret went out of her way to meet me at the house each time I needed to meet a contractor. She made herself available over and over without complaint, even offering to send another realtor if she could not be there for some reason. I would say that during the time I was looking for a home, we became friends. It has been several months since the closing and the move, but she has checked on me via text a couple times... just to make sure I was settling into the home and the community. She even said to reach out to her if I needed anything as she knows I am new to the area. I would highly recommend Margaret Vestal at ReMax and if I ever moved again, I would absolutely use her real estate knowledge and services again.

Description of Work
Needed to find a home.

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

I also feel that we became friends, and as soon as you are settled, I think I can brave a lunch (outside)! I loved working with you, and I am so happy you found such a sweet house and neighborhood.

Real Estate, specializing in downtown & in-town Asheville, West Asheville, Eco Homes, condos, and Historic Homes and Mountain Properties.

Property Management, rentals