Highland Door Co

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2007

217 Merchant St

Asheville, NC 28803

Service call fee applies $75....

08/30/2017

Robert S.

EXCELLENT !! Clark was courteous, polite and professional on the phone and in person. He quoted $175.00 and that is what the final bill was. He showed up on time; he was very precise in what he was doing. He made sure everything worked properly.

Description of Work
Single spring broke on garage door. I called Clark and he said he had to get his crew set up for another job and he would arrive at my house in two hours. He arrived in less than two hours and immediately completed the work; lubricated everything; made sure everything tested out OK.

08/08/2017

Thomas K.

Clark was on site within a couple hours of my call and replaced the spring. Door has new life!

Description of Work
Spring was broken on door---needed replacement

05/22/2017

Carl C.

Clark was responsive - he answered my call just after hours to setup the appointment and seemed willing to come out that evening if needed. On the day of the appointment, he was extremely knowledgeable about our garage door system (even though it was not a brand that he sells) and answered some non-related questions that we had. There was no upsell or pressure - Clark was extremely professional and completed the job quickly and at the highest quality.

Description of Work
Repair of broken garage door.

12/27/2016

Tracy C.

Great job, they came out quickly and got the job done quickly as well. Garage door now opens again.

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement.

08/14/2016

RONALD B.

Clark and his team did a great job. I wold highly recommend Highland door.

Description of Work
removre and replace garage door and discard old door

Category doors

02/08/2016

David J.

Over head door would only open about 6" on Friday afternoon about 3pm. My troubleshooting showed that one of the two 24" springs had broken in the middle. Although handy around the house I was not about to tackle that repair job. Research on Angie's List led me to first call and email Highland Door Co. I did not have a return email until that evening. Clark apologized for not getting back faster. He was on the road. He said he would come on Saturday if I couldn't get my car out of the garage. I was able to manually open the door and remove the car. I said that Monday would work fine for me. He quoted $225 and recommended replacing both springs as they fatigue similarly. He came promptly on Monday morning. He replaced the springs with slightly heavier ones that he felt would last longer. He explained how the fatigue factor works. He was fast, efficient, professional and pleasant. He even honored the Angie's List coupon off his quote price. I was so pleased with the whole procedure that I ordered an outside keypad from him which will be installed in the near future.

Description of Work
Replaced two lift springs on a 7' overhead door.

01/06/2016

Ron K.

This was one of the best experiences we have ever had with a repair person. Clark came himself the day after I called. He was going to come at 10 am, but called when he was delayed, and came right at the time he said he would. He immediately diagnosed the problem and got it corrected. There were actually several other issues - both garage doors made lots of noise when they opened or closed, and my door didn't completely open all the way. He lubricated all the parts on both doors and fixed the issue to have the one door completely open. He stuck to his initial estimate and gave us credit for a $10 Angie's List coupon. Clark is very professional and knows his craft. We not only would use him again, though we doubt we'd need to, but would strongly recommend him to anyone needing installation or repair of their garage doors.

Description of Work
We had some problems with one of our garage door openers. It didn't seem to respond well in cold weather and sometimes didn't close or open remotely. It also was quite noisy.

12/09/2015

Charles S.

Their professionalism stood out. They were very good.

Description of Work
We used Highland Door Co. We had an issue that the garage door was closing unevenly, so they came and replaced rollers on the garage door. They replaced the winding coils across the entire garage door.

08/20/2015

Maria A.

They were punctual, professional and very, very nice. Clark went well beyond the usual door installation: he finished framing the openings (which the previous carpenter should have done). He also installed a new keyless entry pad at no additional cost. The price was fair and it was all done in a day. We are very happy with the results and will call them again for our next project!

Description of Work
They installed two garage doors and a garage door opener.

08/01/2015

Laurie T.

We called Clark and he was prompt in coming to our home the day of the call to discuss options. We had already spoken with another service and wanted a second quote. After he explained what he would do to replace the hardware in addition to installing high quality products, I was sold. When we were ready to order we calked It was several weeks after we orderedand Clark said it would be 2-3 weeks before they are available. After 3 weeks, I still hadn't heard from him, so we called and his installers came out the next day. They did a fabulous job, and cleaned up after themselves. The Only negative thing is that the windows are not the ones we ordered for the doors, however, we think these actually look better, so we're going to keep them.

Description of Work
Replaced old garage doors and hardware with new garage doors.

06/09/2015

David K.

Clark fixed my garage door within minutes! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate his attention to detail, communication, punctuality and service. I very highly recommend him to everyone in the Asheville vicinity! He is extremely knowledgable about his products!!

Description of Work
Clark made some adjustments to fix my garage door that was not working properly.

05/27/2015

Jeffrey L.

My garage door spring broke at the end of the Memorial Day holiday weekend, leaving my wife and I unable to get the door up or down to start our week. When I called Highland Door Company, I spoke to the owner, Clark, and he was on the road traveling. He told me he would come and repair the springs as soon as he could get back from Atlanta, where he was picking up materials. Clark came to my house at 5:00 pm, the same day, and replaced the springs. He also repaired the mounting bracket, as he discovered that the lag bolts were not holding very well, which would have created another problem later. Excellent customer service, at a good price!

Description of Work
Replaced 2 main springs on a large 2-car garage door and repaired the mounting bracket.

03/20/2015

Deborah H.

I called yesterday and he came today. Pleasant, professional, and thorough. Quoted me on the phone for the replacement of the rubber strips. Price was as he quoted even though he repaired more than I had originally thought was needed. Price was very fair.

Description of Work
Clark replaced some worn out rubber strips on my two garage doors and fixed another place on one of the doors that was catching on some metal.

02/16/2015

William B.

Owner, Clark Cross called ahead of time and was there when the appointment was scheduled. After inspecting the doors, discovered spring plate problems and reattached the plates. Checked the springs for wear and told us 16 year old garage door springs were rare. He gave us an estimate to replace the springs and rollers (using neopreme) and gave us a deal when we want to do the job (no pressure). We believe Clark saved us from a garage door catasrophy. He was personable, knowledgeable and very affordable. He's our garage guy and we would recommend him highly to anyone in need of highly competent service.

Description of Work
Secured spring plate on both doors, a somewhat dangerous situation was about to happen,,,one lag screw was missing and the other was barely hanging on. Purchased two new transmitters, one of the old ones didn't work at all.

01/28/2015

Lane Z.

Clark was on time, extremely knowledgable (17 years experience), courteous, careful, and fastidious. He made sure I knew what was going on with the new garage door opener. It was pleasure dealing with him. I will definitely recommend him to anyone in need of such service.

Description of Work
Clark replaced my garage door mechanism with a Chamberlain model; he also replaced the rollers in the track.

01/19/2015

DonewALtoocrappy N.

. I saw free estimate and the fact that the owner lived in the area. I emailed. He came. He found the problems within about a minute. He removed and straightened out various parts. There was no charge for this as he is close to home. I enjoyed him a lot and he obviously knew what he was doing. I don't know how he'd be on a bigger job but since he was fast and efficient, I'd use him again and recommend him without a problem. Hey, thanks again! ****** I had contacted another company - free estimate is clearly listed on the website. The problem was initially he said (email) the service charge would be about $80. I pointed out what it said on AngiesList and he said there would not be a service charge. The problem is I'm tired of dealing with inaccuracies and went to my next choice (who perhaps should've been my first).

Description of Work
Fixed garage door.

01/07/2015

Susan D.

It was excellent. He came the same day. He had all the jobs but then he came at the end of the day to fix the garage. I appreciated that.

Description of Work
I've used Highland Door. We needed a spring on the garage door.

12/30/2014

Susan H.

We would not hesitate to use Highland Door Company in the future.

Description of Work
Clark arrived at the time specified. He performed a minor repair to our Liftmaster unit.

12/30/2014

Arthur T.

All hinges were repaired that very day and the door's been perfect ever since. Well done, very professional, punctual and well worth calling anytime a fix is needed in the future.

Description of Work
The garage door was a mess with hinges off their base and sprung about like a cheap timepiece.

12/09/2014

Susan B.

The gentleman arrived approximately 3 hours after first phone call, assessed what was wrong and how to fix it. Had to go back to his shop and construct something to insert to stabilize the door. Said he would return the next day at 10am and he was right on time. He completed the job in less than 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Replaced failed metal on sagging garage door.

11/01/2014

Rory D.

Excellent. Products that were ordered arrived on time. Scheduling installation was easy. Installer arrived on time was courteous and professional. Did a great job. Would recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removal of 2 old doors and openers, brackets, tracks, etc. and installation of new doors and openers.

08/01/2014

James A.

We have a 3 car garage - 1 16 foot and 1 8 foot door. They were 20 years old and in dire need of replacing. I had called a few other companies for quotes, but thought I would get one more quote from Highland. Clark came out right away and spent an hour with us explaining the process and the type of door that he would recommend. He was very professional and the price was absolutely the lowest of any of our quotes. I researched the type of door that he recommend and it got excellent reviews, so we went with Highland Door. The job included replacing all the doors, tracks, and installation of a new, quiet opener. I must say that they were absolutely great to deal with. The installation was flawless. The installer was very professional and clean. They did not leave a mess in my garage and even moved the older opener from our 16' door to the 8' door without additional charge. I would highly recommend Highland Door for any time of garage door installation and repair.

Description of Work
New garage door installation

07/10/2014

Susan D.

It went great! He was here the same day. After not having the garage door opener work for a month, he fixed it very quickly. He also adjusted the height of the garage door and checked for any problems that may have come up and found nothing. Very honest.

Description of Work
Couldn't get the garage door opener to work with the new car. Clark fixed it in 2 minutes.

06/09/2014

Diana R.

In the morning we discovered that our garage door would not go up. We found Highland Door Co. via Angie's List and called, mid-morning. Clark said he would be out later that day. In mid-afternoon he showed up and had the door fixed in no time, actually about 15 minutes. He replaced the spring and advised us that the existing spring was not rally strong enough for the weight of our door. The door is working just fine and is much quieter than before. Clark is a pleasant man and did a great, efficient job.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door.

05/20/2014

W. Scott L.

He examined the garage door opener and advised that the problem was due to a broken belt and also recommended optionally that I replace the screw (the opener uses a long screw instead of springs and belts). I opted to only fix the belt as the screw is expensive. It turns out that the belt was only one part of the problem, so he ordered another part and came to finish the job about two weeks later. After he left, the opener failed on second use. I called Clark on a couple of occasions; he returned my call on the first occasion and we set an appointment, which he never came to. Since then he has not returned my calls.

Description of Work
My automatic garage door opener was not functioning. He examined it and determined that it was because of a broken belt which he ordered. It turned out that there was another broken part once he had installed the belt. Once the repair had been done, the opener worked twice and then malfunctioned again. I tried to reach him on a few occasions but he does not return my calls.

Category garage doors

(Member name removed), I'm sure I am way too late to fix this problem. I don't have an excuse. I am sorry for the trouble you had with me. I see very few of your model garage door opener, so I have a hard time getting parts and repairing them. I still could have provided you with a much better experience and I am truly sorry. If there are still problems with you operator/door, please give me a call. I will install a brand new one at no cost to you. This is not how I do business and I am again sorry for your experience with me. Clark