CertaPro Painters of WNC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2011

At CertaPro Painters, our reputation is based on Certainty — your Certainty of a job well done. We focus on the details of every project — interior and exterior — and we focus on you, our client....

Interior painting

+9 more images

house painting (51)interior painting (25)pressure washing (11)deck cleaning (10)decks & porches (5)drywall (3)wallpaper removal (1)

07/21/2020

Christine C.

I understand you can not service all areas, I suggest that you put on your site the areas you will service, vs having the person answering the phone be rude about our call to ask for service from your company and tell us, NO, we don't service that area. When we were polite and we told them we heard about you from Angie's List. Very sad.

Description of Work
Powerwashing and Painting my Commercial Bldg.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

06/26/2018

William P.

It didn't go well, and I ended up cancelling the contract after they powerwashed. They arrived and began the powerwashing. Something they said to my husband made me think they were subcontractors. This was later confirmed to me by the company, however, was not told to me until I inquired. I didn't receive a certificate of liability insurance nor the workers comp insurance form. They finished the powerwashing and upon leaving when I went outside they left me a total mess. I had clumps of mud and muddy shoe prints about 1 1/2 foot from my door and extended about 10 feet. They didn't wash the brick facade on the front, but did do another area of brick. I was told all brick would be cleaned. I should have taken pictures of how the property was left but my immediate concern was not having guests and animals track the dirt inside. The contract indicated clean up was important and would be done daily before they left, not so with these 2 guys. When I called the company Monday morning (this occured late Friday afternoon), I was never offered another crew, which could have saved the contract. I was then informed that ALL their workers were subcontractors and they had their own insurance, I never saw anything. My concern of course was, if this is what they do with powerwashing what will happen when they start slinging paint. On their website you see professionallooking people in uniforms, heaven knows where they got these 2 guys, maybe from day labor. Their truck indicated they were handymen, not painters. I paid for the so called powerwashing and the paint which they already purchased and count myself lucky to be done with this company as I'm pretty sure it would not have gotten better.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of my home

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

09/11/2017

John Z.

very professional. arrived on time each day. clean and neat with work performed. would hire them again.

Description of Work
interior painting of several rooms

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

08/22/2017

john W.

Overall, it went well. The work done by the three man crew was of a high caliber. Only slight problem was communication with the crew due to language difference.

Description of Work
Exterior of house painted and stained.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

06/07/2017

Stella F.

painters were punctual and curtious. very focused on getting the job done.

Description of Work
we had all windows, soffits and facia painted.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

05/18/2017

Michelle R.

Only took one phone call, and one meeting. These days, that is very impressive! The painting went very well. The Master Bedroom needed 3 coats to get rid of a previous dark color. I had another bedroom that needed one coat plus shelving. 2 closets, and a hallway, plus lots of trim and doors. Several different shades of color and off-white. The most impressive part of all of this was, I needed it done fast, while I WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY and unreachable by email or phone. I left a key under a rock. When I got home, it was done, and not a spot of paint on the floor. Clean up well done. Paint perfect. They forgot to do a closet, but came the next day when I mentioned it to complete it, using the key under the rock again.

Description of Work
I needed a couple of rooms painted, plus a hallway.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

Review for CertaPro Painters of WNC - 220 Mount Carmel Rd, Asheville, NC - 35064301

05/08/2017

PATRICIA A.

........................................................................

Description of Work
....................................................................................

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

06/05/2016

Linda S.

Bryan came out to look at the job within a week after we called the company, He prepared a detailed, itemized of statement of what needed to be done, After we accepted the offer, we were given a timeline. James and Roberto did the painting. They were excellent workers and were perfectionists at getting the house cleaned and painted in a professional and timely manner. They did such a wonderful job. We could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
Pressure washed, cleaned and repaired home exterior and painted entire home exterior,

Work Completed On 05/06/2016

04/28/2016

Bryan S.

Their quote was competitive with two other quotes received. We went with Certapro based on name recognition and reviews on Angie's List. The 'crew' that arrived for the job was a one-person operation. After discussion with the local franchise owner, I figured out this person was a sub-contractor with over 90% of his work being assigned by Certapro. This painter was punctual each day of the job, was respectful & quite pleasant. Being a one-person operation, the job took 3.5 days instead of the 2 days as described when the quote was given. Not a big deal as we did not need to be home while the work was done. As we were at work, the painter contacted us by phone when the job was completed. We were able to look over the work when we arrived home. He was thorough in cleaning up. The initial impression was not good. Details were overlooked with several areas not stained between planks and other areas of notably uneven stain. We contacted the painter by phone and asked for touch ups. He obliged the next available sunny day making the corrections to the satisfaction of my spouse who was home at the time. Upon my arrival at home that evening, the touch-ups looked good but not as expected. The areas between planks were covered but small areas of uneven stain still remained. This really disappointed me as Certapro has a reputation for professionalism and quality. I contacted the franchise owner who offered to send out the painter again, but I declined figuring two shots at it was enough and that I could easily do the small touch-ups myself with the leftover stain. Not sure I would use Certapro for another job and certainly not for another staining project. This experience could just be an anomaly but when over $1000 is on the line, further scrutiny is warranted.

Description of Work
Pressure washing and finishing of an elevated deck and stairs with semi-transparent stain.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/26/2016

Review for CertaPro Painters of WNC - 220 Mount Carmel Rd, Asheville, NC - 31635567

10/25/2015

gregory A.

Certapro Asheville were asked to bid on an exterior house painting project. Matt Lowrance was extremely courteous and w thoughtful.I was impressed by the time and effort spent on premises to scope and price the job. In the event we went with a competitor - but the price and approach to the work was very competitve. I would consider using Certapro for future work around the house

Description of Work
Quote Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

10/20/2015

GORDON M.

Estimate was actually give one year prior and was honored...then modified because of changes i made. had 2 crew members here each day that were both very easy to get along with. Prep work was thorough, painting was very neat, exterior of house was tidied up at end of each day. The crew and the company were both flexible throughout the process which was sometimes confusing (even to me) of getting correct colors on in the right place. The crew chief was very good at keeping in touch with me about what was happening for the day, when they would be leaving and what time start was planned of the next day. Crew was also good at letting cats in and out of the house. I am very pleased with both the process and the results.

Description of Work
Prep and paint exterior of house, including mullions, window trim, exterior door and trim, exterior stucco/brick (each a different color) chimney

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

Review for CertaPro Painters of WNC - 220 Mount Carmel Rd, Asheville, NC - 30757303

10/05/2015

Rachel B.

Certapro was great! They were very fast & did an excellent job. If I had questions, the office was quick to respond and the workers were very diligent. Compared to other quotes I got, they were very well priced. Would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
Painted living room, kitchen, tv room, hallway, & foyer

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/24/2015

10/05/2015

Tina Q.

The biggest difficulty we had with Certapro, was that once we'd hired them, it seemed that another person's job, or some other issue kept them from working on our home. Some delays were due to weather restrictions. However I never expected it to take nearly an entire year to finally have the house painted. Once begun, the painters were deligent, reliable, and cleaned up beautifully each day, leaving no trace they'd even been there. They were very respectful, kind, and conscientious at all times. They used the various types and grades of the paint I requested, and took exceptional care to sand my decks down to bare wood, so they now look like my indoor floors...beautiful!. I highly recommend using Certapro Painters, and I'm convinced they provided the best service and price available in Asheville. They were a delight to work with, especially Julie, who is exceptional at providing individual attention to customer care.

Description of Work
Power washed, and painted/stained entire home and decks.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/08/2015

08/05/2015

Bernard G.

,- If you are looking for a professional job done in your house with the least agravation, fair price and outstanding results don't go any further. All was done in the estimated time frame agreed upon. The crew was freindly and almost invisible. Job site kept clean and house items put away and covered. I am very pleased with Certapro Painters and i am looking forwards to seing them take care of the inside of the house.

Description of Work
Pressure cleaned house and deck with water+bleach. Caulked all joints and "eyes" in sideboards of house. Banister. Scraped spots showing peeling from previous painting job, then light sanded. First coat was Sherwin wiliams solid woodscape. Second coat was Sherwin william satin Super Paint.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Cost $5,058.36

Work Completed On 03/19/2015

07/30/2015

Kristen S.

From the get-go, we had a great experience. Matt came out to quote the job and made sure we covered all the little things we might not have thought about as far as what they would be painting. Julie in the office was fantastic in answering all my questions, making sure she had the paint color choices right, and communicating with us for scheduling. Josh was our main contact man and answered whenever I called. He was always pleasant, courteous, and took care of whatever we needed. When the pressure washers came, we found they had missed a few things. A phone call to Josh later, the pressure washers were back to take care of the issue. The weather didn't cooperate the first two days the painting was supposed to happen, so the painters put it into high gear when they finally did get started. While there were several different painters, Noah was the one constant and he was AMAZING. His work ethic was impeccable, making sure he understood what we wanted (and asking for clarification if he didn't). He stayed late one night (until I made him go home), trying to finish up all the little loose ends. By the time he finished, there was nothing that was left on the punch list to touch up. All in all, it was a pleasant experience, worth every penny, and I love the new look of our house!

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house and solid stain the deck.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/28/2015

06/22/2015

Marilyn P.

The were prompt professional, neat, friendly, kept us informed, did an excellent job. Would highly recommend them to all my friends or anyone who asked. This was a pleasant experience. No surprises.

Description of Work
Pressure washed house, decks and patio, painted exterior of house and trim.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/19/2015

04/16/2015

Paul A.

The experience from estimate to finished product was outstanding. Having used an "affordable" painting company previously and not being very happy with the result, I decided to select CertaPro although they were not the low bidder, or anywhere near it. Man, did I make the right decision. The painter crew was superb. They were professionals who obviously took pride in their work. I would recommend CertaPro to anyone who wants quality interior painting done.

Work Completed On 04/14/2015

03/16/2015

Linda L.

They did well. They gave me a good estimate. They came when they were supposed to come. They did what they were supposed to do. They're very nice people to work with. They're responsible. They're reliable and personable. They were helpful and I can't say anything negative about them. They really are professional.

Description of Work
I used CertaPro. They painted the living and the dining room.

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

12/20/2014

David C.

The 2 man crew came out late Friday patched the 2 spots,cleaned up and went home for the day. Saturday morning they came back sanded both spots then put popcorn ceiling texture. Both came back on Sunday as with the other 2 days taped and tarped everything sealing the entire room, and used spray gun to paint the ceiling. They were very kind to work on my schedule and worked all weekend about 1/2 days. Very professional cleaned up after each day, kind, courteous and knowledgable. The reason it took 3 trips is the fact we had to wait for things to dry as to do the job right. Yes I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They came out and fixed 1 place of drywall that was damaged by a water leak. Also sealed up hole from a skylite.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/06/2014

10/31/2014

Donald M.

We're very happy with this company. From Julie in the office to Oscar in the field, everyone was professial, helpful and just plain nice. We haven't received our bill yet, but I have no doubt it will be correct and reasonable. I would hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my home.

Work Completed On 10/31/2014

10/27/2014

Stephen P.

Very professional operation. Estimator came out promptly, sized up the job, gave me a price and scheduled the job. Workmen showed up on promised date. Very polite and considerate. Results of the paint job are excellent. They cleaned up completely.

Description of Work
Painted lattice and trim around deck.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2014

10/24/2014

Gary J.

Excellently. This was my first use of the new SnapFix and the "concierge" nailed it. The reason I used the Snapfix is that it was always difficult to explain the project: The gables are 20-ft, 15ft and about 60-ft above ground. The 60-ft side is uneven; I had put this off for 5 years because everyone else I contacted were priced much higher stating "they would have to put up scaffolding." SnapFix solved this problem ( Note to Angie's: Though I had to do a workaround re: sending video. Snapfix only allowed me to send one video and I needed to walk to each location around the house and create three. I had to piece three videos together, as photos were not going to cut it, which was a big hassle. Would be good to be able to pause video, but I digress). There was a little of the usual phone tag getting the project scheduled , but that's expected ... the difference was they didn't vanish or take days to get back to me. This was great communication and refreshing. First, the proposal - broken out into three separate parts so I could determine what fit the budget, and what didn't. Perfect. Clear and concise. Then, everything was cleaned thoroughly with a pressure washer. Couple days later they returned to finish caulk and paint. They caulked everything! And that was a good thing. There was some damaged wood from woodpeckers that they were able to repair; two 2 x 6s had to be replaced and they got up removed them, cut to match, painted and restored them. They also then gave an additional second coat on them once reinstalled. They worked with ladders and were amazing. Loreto and his assistant (sorry, don't recall your name) were professional and courteous. They understood my concerns and we communicated along the way. There were some things on the proposal I decided not to do, figured other ways to fix some things, never felt "on the clock" but rather working together to try and keep within budget and time. Julie, who is the contact person, was there every step along the way, with advice and recommendations, start to finish. When I called about a minor thing I saw a couple days ago (a weird sheen thing as the light changes to fall), she was right on it. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Gave detailed proposals breaking down individual components; Painted Porch ceiling, Front Door, three gable sides; repaired "tutor" style wood that was damaged by woodpeckers, took down and replaced some 2 x 6s that were damaged; worked at 60+ feet at one point; showed professionalism and courtesy, fast and efficient.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/22/2014

10/03/2014

Karen G.

Perfomed a fabulous paint job. Did everything they said they would and were very helpful in finding a carpenter to repair a door and outside trim before painting. The workmen were professional at all times. Best painters we have used in our 14 years in Asheville. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
painted shutters + repair, front entry & doors, pergola, garage ceiling, stained deck and painted 2 rooms inside home.