Miller Services HVAC Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2012

224 Tridale Rd.

ARCHDALE, NC 27263

Licensed, Insured and bonded we are a smaller heating & air company providing the public with same day service with viable options that fit their budget both residentially and commercially. Monthly payment plans are available for our Comfort Club members. Commercial accounts in good standing are on a net 30 or net 15 billing cycle. New customers pay at time of service. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and provide financing for major repair and installation work....

04/23/2018

Joshua B.

He came over next day and diagnosed the problem quickly as a dead exhaust system. He offered several options at different prices and the cheapest one has proven a sufficient fix.

Description of Work
Heat fixed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with the work performed. Customers for life is our motto and we strive to make every customer happy. Thank you again for choosing us and look forward to serving you in the future, Jo

04/09/2018

Lorena R.

Excellent service! We had a problem with our HVAC unit that had persisted from the time we bought the house, almost 3 years ago. In fact, a discount was given us by the previous owner due to problems that existed with the HVAC system. Over a span of 2+ years we have had the unit looked at, serviced and repaired by three different companies, but each time the problem would eventually return. The technician from Miller services however, dug down until he identified the underlying issue that had been affecting the operation of the unit for years. From the time of the repair and through one of the hardest winters I have experienced in this state over the 67 years of my life, our HVAC system has performed flawlessly. I would recommend this company to anyone needing HVAC services of any kind.

Description of Work
Repair of malfunctioning HVAC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for your review! We strive to make sure all of our customers are happy with their service. Our techs are experienced and take pride in their work and providing quality service for our customers. Thank you again and as always, we appreciate your business! Charles Miller

09/28/2017

James C.

excellent very personable service man

Description of Work
routine service matinence

Category plumbing

07/22/2017

Barb G.

The representative explained what was needed and clearly covered the costs and options.

Description of Work
Make ac work again

07/05/2017

Linda R.

Estimate was excellent and well within my budget. Estimate was done quickly and work itself done quickly and professionally. Very impressed with quality of work done and would recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced A/C

07/01/2017

David B.

Tech examined the system and set that basic preventive maintenance service would fix the issue (there was a sensor going bad). No issues since part replacement.

Description of Work
I could hear the heater starting and stopping repeatedly. The house temp would get warm, but it would take a while.

05/04/2017

Lorena R.

A great company. Punctual, professional and technical experts. What really stood out was that they looked first for the most economical fixes. Following our experience with Miller Services, we have decided to make them our go-to company for anything HVAC related. Excellent service!

Description of Work
Our AC stopped functioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much Ms. [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate all of our customers and we really strive to live up to our motto, "Customers for Life". Thank you again for entrusting your home with us!

01/28/2017

James C.

Had access to parts very quickly. It has worked well every since he completed his work.

Description of Work
Furnace not putting out Heat/Air Conditioning. Miller found a Control Panel "burnt out." Replaced and got everything working quickly.

01/16/2017

Wendy D.

Great service. Service person checked furnace and gas fireplaces. Super friendly and on time. Have signed up for years maintenance

Description of Work
Checked and cleaned furnace and will do yearly maintenance on hvac

09/19/2016

sting Y.

Great. Other companies told me I needed a new unit coating 5-8 thousand. Miller came by and immediately new the problem. @ a fraction of the cost my a.c. is back and running. Thank you miller!

Description of Work
Replace a.c. compressor

09/12/2016

Kathryn J.

Miller Services did an exceptional job. My unit was 18 years old and stopped working. They came out to give estimate on new unit and got old unit running to get us through until they could get new unit ordered and installed.

Description of Work
Replace A/C Unit

12/31/2015

Sidney H.

It went really good. They were very professional and responsive. They arrived early. They did their work and took away old heat pump.

Description of Work
Installed a new Heat Pump. They also fixed heating ducts.

12/26/2015

Jerry L.

Was able to get an appointment the day I called as we were without heat. Adam arrived on time and immediately got to work. After a thorough search he discovered a cracked heat exchange. He showed me the problem (by video camera) and let us know we would need a new furnace. He went above and beyond and his personality and professionalism were a credit to the company.

Description of Work
Furnace Diagnostic

10/14/2015

Lorraine H.

Miller Services provided me with the best customer service and support I have had in a long time. Excellent service was provided by Rob Shively, and the HVAC installation crew. They kept me informed of everything they were doing or going to do. I was never left hanging second guessing if they were finished for the day, etc. great communication skills were a plus. Prompt and courteous service - the best by far in Greensboro. If I could give them a score higher than an "A" I would do it! Never using anyone else. Oh and they clean up after themselves!

Description of Work
Installed and replaced 2 A/C units and installed new upstairs furnace.

06/11/2015

CECILIA F.

This provider and the service manager were terrific. Everyone I dealt with made me feel that my project was very important and that they wanted to provide the best service possible. The service manager talked with the general contractor who was doing other work on the house and they realized that the current air conditioning compressor outside the house was sitting on top of the oil tank for the boiler that provided the circulating hot water for the old heating system. Had they not discovered this, there would have been substantial cost and effort later to move the new equipment in order to remove the underground oil tank which must be removed in order to sell the house. Despite challenges like needing to move the compressor to a new area on another side of the house and build a new support for it and work around the old air ducts, etc. the work was performed quickly and extra items such as converting the air intake grate in the house so that it could be opened and a filter put in so that no one has to go into the attic to put in a filter were really impressive. I appreciated the time and willingness to explain everything to me. This company goes the extra mile to make sure the customer is satisfied and that the work is properly done. Both the owner and service manager were on site as the work was done to make sure everything went well. I am grateful to Angie's List for leading me to this provider.

Description of Work
Provided estimates on 3 different options to replace or update the air-conditioning and heating systems in my parents 55 year old house that still had original systems. The estimates were provided in detail shortly after I contacted them. The service manager answered all my questions and advised me about the pros and cons of simply putting in a new air-conditioning system or a heat pump, or a new gas fired heating system and an air-conditioning system. I opted for the heat/air conditioning option. since the continued operation of the 55 year old boiler used for heat was questionable. My parents were moving back into their long-time home after over a year living in a senior living community. I had a very tight time frame to complete work and the week after I had the estimates and approved the work, the work started and was completed that week. The contractor put in new electronic thermostats that I could operate on line. The service manager returned numerous times to answer my elderly parents questions since I was not there to help them. The provider responded to all my questions and sent pictures so I could see the work in progress since I am out of state.

06/01/2015

Karin V.

Chris and his assistant Austin arrived exactly when they were scheduled to. Chris explained that he had all the necessary parts to repair the air and heating systems. He and his partner had to do repairs both in the attic and in the crawl space of the house. They made sure to work in the attic first, because they didn't want to track dirt through my house after they had worked in the crawl space (Very considerate and much appreciated). When they finished working in the attic, they told me they had finished the work upstairs and that they were moving to the crawl space to replace the broken part in my downstairs heating unit. When they finished, both Chris and Austin told me they had finished and before they left checked to make sure the units were now working properly. The cost was exactly what Chris had given me a quote for. I was very happy with the service they provided and will call Miller Services again! Chris and Austin did a great Job, Thanks:)

Description of Work
Replaced broken parts for Zone damper, Start Components on Air Conditioner, Heater's Main Limit

02/24/2015

Carla J.

They were very prompt, they came out when they said they would and they fixed the problem immediately.

Description of Work
We used Miller Services HVAC Inc.

08/29/2014

Cora O.

Mr. Miller and his employees did a great job. They placed all registers and vents in my home in a way that did not distract from its historical features but provided adequate cooling. They were prompt and kept all work areas clean (which was great especially with 2 toddlers). I cannot say enough about the service they provided. Thank you Rob and Mr. Miller.

Description of Work
Installed central AC in my over 100 year old home that had window unit AC.

07/09/2014

Jeron H.

The overall service ended up costing me about $130. They were prompt, I called them on a very short notice on Friday and they were out on Saturday. The information that he shared with me it turned out being the problem. A bug got into one of the components and shorted it out. He showed me the part and he was very clear. He could have made more expensive suggestions to make me replace the entire unit but it was a very simple problem. He was very professional, straight to the point, he let me watch as he was working and he fixed it.

Description of Work
I used Miller Services HVAC 4 weeks ago to help me with an issue I was having with my HVAC.

03/15/2014

kevin B.

This was a weekend emergency. Mr. Miller was prompt and worked in a cramped attic layout to get an old (but still good) furnace taken apart, cleaned up and fitted with a new motor. We were very satisfied, particularly since another HVAC company said the only option was to spend about $9,000 to replace the furnace and the AC unit (which still worked fine.) Getting a second opinion was a good idea.

Description of Work
Replaced blower motor.

03/06/2014

Theodora R.

Alan came to fix our unit. He was a pleasant young man. He was on time, knowledgeable, professional and fixed the problem efficiently. The igniter on our furnace needed to be replaced. After diagnosing the problem, Alan had a list of several repairs and services we could choose to do for our furnace. $700.00 was at the top of the list, I don?t remember what all was included but I knew we did not want that. The bottom of the list was called a Band-Aid repair for $243.00. But, it was not how it sounded, a temporary fix; it was to ?completely? repair the problem that we were having. The cost to put a new universal, moisture resistant, top quality nitrate igniter in our furnace was $243.00. Alan had explained before he looked at our furnace that if we decided 'not' to have him repair it we would still owe the $75.00 for diagnosing the problem. It made sense to me for them to charge for a service call if we decided not to have them do the work. Alan was here for 35 minutes. I had an Angie?s List coupon for $25.00 so the total I paid was $218.00. The cost seemed high even with the coupon and Alan could not give me a breakdown of the charges nor was it on my bill. I called Charles Miller a few days later to get that information. I had checked out the costs of ignition systems online and the most expensive one I could find was for $77.00. Charles explained that he was using new software for his company and that it did not break down part and labor charges but, the charges included amounts for other things like warranties and other business expenses. He spent a long time explaining this new system to me how it uses a flat rate book, etc. etc. He finally looked up the cost of the part. It listed for $41.50 and they increase parts by 2.8%, which made the total for the part $116.20. (Another way of stating this would be that Miller?s charges almost 300% more than the listed price.) So their normal rate (without a coupon) for replacing an igniter is $243.00, minus labor $75.00 and minus the part $116.20 = $51.80 for other expenses. Charles is a very nice man and I think fair-minded man and his charges are what they are. I was having such a hard time understanding his pricing system, as it is so different than what I am used to, that he sent me a refund of some of the monies I paid, which I very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Our furnace had stopped heating and the provider replaced the igniter on our upstairs furnace unit to get it working again.

11/15/2013

Brenda C.

This company was contacted through HomeServe. I have coverage on my natural gas heating system wiith HomeServe through Piedmont Natural Gas Co. HomeServe contacted Miller Services after business hours and requested a technician be sent to my home to restore heat. Within an hour Alan Brown was outside of my house in the cold and snowy weather investigating the problem. He determined the cause of the problem and had it fixed in a short period of time. Alan was very professional and personable. He certainly left a positive impression of the company that he represents. The evidence from our conversation that he is a Christian increased the level of trust and respect that I had for him. If I need HVAC repairs in the future, I will request that HomeServe contact Miller Services and hope that Alan will be the technician that they send.

Description of Work
Replaced fuse in heating unit.

11/04/2013

Inga K.

After calling Charles about the a/c he arrived right on time. The unit was checked for the problem and he told us that the whole unit could be replaced or we could get a new heat pump and repair the other issue. Charles is always thorough and courteous. I never have to worry about paying too much or being told the wrong thing. I have called him many times with a/c problems and he is always prompt to handle any issue. It is usually something small but the last time we did finally have to replace the air handler, but I knew it was about time since the unit was over 15 years old. I trust Charles completely when it comes to attending to my HVAC. I highly recommend Miller services.

Description of Work
He replaced the heat pump.

10/30/2013

Otis J.

I called Miller Services and the owner sent a tech out on the same day to assess the problem. I received a call from the tech, who walked me through what the issue was and what he needed to do to fix it. A part was needed, so they received my approval to do the work and ordered the part the same day. Within a few days, I received an e-mail and a phone call to let me know that the part had arrived and that they could come by to do the repair when I was ready. I scheduled a day for the repair and the same tech came out at 8a.m. (when he said he would arrive) and had the new part installed within 30 minutes or so. The system works like new again. I have used Miller Services in the past for a new install, on another home as well and they have always been consistent with their response, their professionalism and their overall customer service. You can't go wrong dealing with Charles (the owner), Jo (at the front desk) or any of the technicians. I have dealt with a few other HVAC companies in the past and Miller Services beats them all by far in the Triad area.

Description of Work
Miller Services provided HVAC repair to my home.

09/01/2013

Paul D.

I needed a new Heat A/C supplier due to dissatisfaction with prior supplier. Sent description of the problem with model and unit numbers to Piedmont, received a reply and quote within 1 day. Parts had to be ordered and was told with quote of the time frame for delivery. Parts arrived per schedule and repair was scheduled for the next morning. First repairman arrived at the agreed to time and started preparation for the repair, he was joined about 45 minutes later .by a second person. Total repairs took about three hours, they did not leave until they verified the system was holding the charge and the unit was properly cooling. Have had no problems since the repair. I received quotes for three other suppliers, this was the lowest cost. I also asked for a quote on replacing my first floor unit, with a heat pump. Mr. Miller explained that I have the lowest cost (Acqua Therm) unit to operate and that he would not recommend a heat pump to replace my current unit due to cost. Indicated that he would provide a formal quote within a few days, not received at this time.

Description of Work
Replaced defective coil in 2nd floor heating A/C unit.

New Elevation Plumbing, LLC

We’re a locally owned and operated company that values honesty, integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of general Contractor home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!

Comfort First Heating & Cooling

Comfort First Heating and Cooling takes great pleasure in being the friendliest, most caring and competent air conditioning and heating service, repair and installation company in North Carolina & Virginia. Our more than 20 years of residential and commercial experience gives us the confidence needed to boldly offer the most aggressive,thoughtful Written Guarantee in the industry. Everything we do, from answering your first call to seeing the savings in your electricity after our visit, is meticulously planned because we feel that every detail of your comfort is valuable. If you need air conditioning and heating service, repair or installation and live in central North Carolina, we have technicians locally that can serve you. Contact Us today to find the people and comfort you can count on! Financing is available and Military discounts.

Offers by Comfort First Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Chrismon Heating & Cooling

For more than 20 years, Chrismon Heating & Cooling has been Greensboro’s top-rated HVAC and Air Sanitization and Purification Specialists. We are committed to “Educating Customers on How to Buy the Right HVAC System and Services”.. We are dedicated to serving all of your HVAC installation and repair needs and we are proud to offer affordable, reliable services to our residential and commercial customers.

L.21432
    North Carolina
    North Carolina: Plumbers
    12/31/2022
    Discover, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

We offer service, repair and installation of heating and air conditioning systems. We service all system types. We do residential and commercial We also offer Comfort Club memberships to residential and commercial customers that provides reduced pricing and special offers. We provide free estimates for HVAC system replacements, zone systems and major repairs already quoted. We also offer commercial refrigeration services. CALL AND ASK ABOUT OUR $79 FALL TUNE UP SPECIAL

We currently do not offer new construction installations or free estimates for minor repair work.