POWERHOUSE ELECTRIC OF NC INC

Apex, NC 27539

LICENSE NUMBER: 18697-U...

08/18/2015

Michael K.

Joe was courteous, professional and kind to my dog! He arrived promptly and performed with skill and perseverance (there was a block in the way and he handled the unexpected issue easily). I will be contacting them to do more work soon.

Description of Work
Installed a wall outlet

01/14/2015

Jeremy C.

We came home to find that our water heater and heat pump had stopped working. I had traced it to an outlet that wasn't providing power, after checking to ensure that the circuit breaker hadn't tripped I realized I'd reached the end of my knowledge when it comes to household electrical. I hopped on Angie's List and searched for local electricians that provided emergency service. I ordered by number of positive reviews and started calling. 4 companies didn't answer their emergency service line. 1 company picked up the phone and immediately hung up. Another company wanted $125 to just show up and wouldn't tell me how much they're hourly labor cost was because "It varies by job" and yet another company wanted $240 for the first hour and $175 each additional hour. Finally I got down to Powerhouse. Mr Carrieri answered promptly, heard what the issue was and immediately said "It sounds like a problem with one of your GFI circuits." He asked if I was up for checking some stuff out because he didn't want to come out just to push a button and have to charge me (awesome). So he spent a few minutes on the phone with me, we checked all the GFI outlets in the house (or so I thought) and still had no luck. He said he'd be right out. Once he arrived I showed him the troublesome outlet and let him get to work. He still thought it had something to do with the GFI circuit, so he began tracing the lines, after about 45 minutes of tracing and testing he found the issue... a GFI outlet. It was one we have never paid attention to because it'd had a night light, that covered the entire outlet, plugged into it for years. He reset it and it immediately popped again, without getting up he asked if we had anything plugged in outside. Turned out the Christmas lights we'd been too lazy to take down were causing the outlet to pop because of the bad weather and the plug had come partial out of the socket (thanks GFI circuit for doing what you're supposed to do and keeping my house from burning down). So... in short, Mr. Carrieri did what he didn't want to do and pushed a button and everything was fixed. My wife and I did not care in the slightest. It was worth having heat and hot water in the house again, and we'd never have thought to look at that plug. All and all we were more than thrilled with the service that was provided and Powerhouse Electric will now be our first call when we need electrical work done around the house. I'm glad that those other companies were over priced or didn't pick up their phones. Thanks for the great service Powerhouse.

Description of Work
Troubleshot and fixed an issue with one of our GFI circuits.

Category electrician,lighting,water heater repair

Hello, I always try to walk customers through a GFI reset issue before I send out a truck. I always feel bad charging someone to push a button. In your case it was more of a hunt to find the button before we could push it. Thanks for the business and the kind report.

08/06/2014

Eric T.

The guys were prompt, professional and wonderful to work with. The work was done quickly and effectively. I felt very confident that the work was done right. When we took down the old light fixture, we discovered a real electrical mess in the wall. We called Mike at Powerhouse and even though they were booked solid, they managed to get a guy to the house the next day! Amazing. I will never call anyone else for our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Fixed the wiring going to master bath light fixture and fan, installed bath light fixture.

Category electrician,lighting

[member name removed] Thanks for the great review.

03/30/2014

polly D.

Scott was very punctual and personable. He worked efficiently and knowledgeably around a less than ideal situation, and we are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
He removed a large florescent fixture in our kitchen and replaced it with a pendant fixture.

Category water heater repair

07/15/2013

Susan H.

There were two different technicians: both were on time, cleaned up after the installation, and very friendly.

Description of Work
They came twice to install two different ceiling light fixtures.

Category electrician,lighting

02/27/2013

Kevin C.

I used Powerhouse Electric on a project in December 2011 and was very pleased with the experience, so I contacted them again to install a motion sensor light to my house's exterior. The initial contact, via Angie's List email, was very efficient and I received a prompt reply from the owner that he would be able to perform my electrical work on the date and time I requested (about two weeks later). On the day of the scheduled service, I had to call the company because the installers had not arrived by the scheduled time, and left a voice mail. About 5 minutes later, I received a phone call from the installer who said he was on the way, but needed to stop somewhere else first to pick up some sort of needed equipment. The installers arrived approximately 45 minutes after the scheduled appointment. However, once they arrived, they were very efficient with the installation, which took approximately 2 hours.

Description of Work
Install a motion sensor light to the exterior of our house.

02/25/2013

Louis R.

Pleasant, on time, readily diagnosed and repaired the problem. Competent.

Description of Work
Repaired a potentially dangerous electrical problem in an outdoor receptical.

06/16/2012

Kelley R.

Very professional; I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed the electrical hook up for our water heater.

01/28/2012

Rebecca W.

Did a great job, Very professional and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Removed valuable and delicate chandeliers from two story ceilings.

01/18/2012

PAUL U.

Three guys couldn't finish the tasks in one day and they promptly came a few days later when one additional part came in that was needed to make the aesthetics just right. They made sure they had the right tools for the job including a large sturdy ladder. I will certainly allow them to provide me a quote on any future electrical work.

Description of Work
Our house is relatively new and needed a few electrical upgrades. A ceiling fan was installed 18' high, recessed lighting in that same ceiling, additional electrical receptacles, an outdoor light that needed to be tied into an existing three-way switch, and multiple other small jobs that required some finessing to make just perfect.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

Landmark Design Landscaping

At Landmark Design & Landscaping, we: Remove old landscapes, trees, and brush Design and install new beds and plants Install water features such as waterfalls and ponds Build retaining walls and walkways Grade and install new lawns Offer Bobcat Skid Loader Services (Forestry Mulching, Stump Removal, Fallen Tree Chipping/Brush Clean up We are a small, veteran and locally owned, landscaping company with 8 years of serving customers.

Holland's Hardscapes

*****We are currently taking INSTALL projects. We are not taking any small repairs or anything less than 200sqft at this time. PLEASE visit our website to request an estimate. WWW.HOLLANDSHARDSCAPES.COM***** Holland's Hardscapes was created by Steven & Shannon Holland with the mission to provide their clients with the highest quality hardscape construction through knowledge and experience. They love the unique challenge that comes with each residential hardscape project and thrive on making the vision a reality! We are a company that can provide many different services to complete and put together a unique hardscape project. We offer full Landscape Designs, Retaining and Sitting Walls, Firepits and Fireplaces, Paver patios and Stamped concrete, Landscape lighting, and more. Steven has worked in this field for over 12 years and has great experience to help accomplish our customers goals. All of our projects are designed by Steven while incorporating the ideas our customers may have. We work closely with our customers to bring in all aspects of the outdoor living area they are looking for. We understand it is an exciting project for our Homeowners and we are just as excited to create their outdoor dream for them!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

FULL SERVICE RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL CONTRACTOR, GENERAL MAINTENANCE, GENERATOR INSTALLATIONS, NEW CONSTRUCTION, REWORK, VOICE AND DATA WIRING, LIGHTING CHANGE OUTS & UNDERGROUND INSTALLATIONS OF ALL TYPES.