Carolina Custom Sound

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2010

285 Bridle Ln

Advance, NC 27006

Carolina Custom Sound is a team of well trained professionals whose purpose is to integrate lifestyle systems into consumer's homes with the highest level of quality and customer service. We focus on introducing the ever changing technology into our customer's needs and wants, while allowing

02/24/2019

KAREN M.

Awesome! Jeff and his assistant (so sorry I can't remember his name) went the extra mile to ensure I received exactly what I wanted. They were professional, prompt and eager to please. I would highly reccomend this team for any custom sound work you need. I'm so happy I called them and you will too! They consolidated all of my equipment and moved it to a closet, allowing me to use everything with one wireless universal remote. It's so much easier to operate everything and the sound bar is awesome!! Karen M. Greensboro, NC

Description of Work
Soundbar, TV installed over fire place and extra equipment moved to closet to allow wireless control of all equipment.

04/12/2017

Sam M.

Fantastic! Plain and simple. Start to finish no problems.

Description of Work
Had a stereo receiver installed and connected to a TV. Totally professional. Do not hire anyone else. These guys are the pros!

01/05/2017

Ellen B.

Perfectly. Technician showed up on time, knew exactly what he was doing, acted in a completely professional manner. I would recommend this company to anyone. They are really easy to work with.

Description of Work
Needed to add a new wi-fi to my stereo.

09/12/2016

Will M.

Bart went above and beyond the call of duty. He called me back and recommended someone to help me after he knew this type of job was out of their realm. Very nice and helpful.. I will call them again when I have a need in their area of business.

Description of Work
Needed advice on my personal antenna configuration.

Category tv antenna, cable tv service

11/27/2015

Jeff H.

Description of Work
Connected a theater sound systym

11/02/2015

James S.

Excellent. They were very responsive on the initial phone call. Arrived on time, very professional and completed the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Connected all our digital converter boxes, paired the remotes to the tvs

04/21/2015

Ellen B.

Perfectly. Two gentlemen arrived cleanly dressed with their tools and ipad to generate a receipt for service on the spot. I agree with the other reviewers - these guys are pros.

Description of Work
Rewired a stereo.

06/13/2014

Joanne G.

They came in and within an hour, they straightened it out. They knew what they were doing. The cost was very reasonable compared to what we've had. It included some material that they brought along to get this thing working correctly. They're very up-to-date on the newest equipment, they know how to repair it and you don't have to pay for somebody to figure out what they should know before they get here.

Description of Work
We bought a new smart TV which was not connecting with our sound system and cable and Carolina Custom Sound came and straightened it out.

Category home theater design, tv sales

12/21/2013

Kristina H.

We called Chris and his team about mounting 2 flat screen tvs. They seemed awesome. He called back right away, was very professional and courteous on the phone and talked us through the job. The price was only a bit higher than the quote from another business but still very reasonable. Ultimately we ended up using someone else only bc we wanted it done sooner, but if we plan ahead next time I would like to try them!

Description of Work
NO service was performed - we called to inquire about mounting flat screen tvs

08/01/2013

Eugenia P.

The initial appraisal with Bart was excellent. He understood what I needed, and promptly sent a reasonable estimate via email as promised. The appointment was promptly made. His crew called prior to their arrival and arrived on time. They were courteous, professional, understood my needs and explained what they were doing, and why. As it turned out, I did not have the wall mount to install the 2nd tv, and was very embarrassed. However, they took it in stride, told me what to look for, and gave me an option in case I didn't find the wall mount. Again, they handled it in a courteous and professional manner, rather than disparage me or appear disappointed. I would definitely recommend this provider and plan to use them for my future audio needs.

Description of Work
Installed a Flat Screen on my wall.

06/14/2013

William E.

CCS's estimator was knowledgeable and professional. CCS worked with me regarding selection of components and offered useful advice. For example, they recommended I obtain an up-to-date wireless router to replace an older one. When I became ready to proceed with the project, the original estimate was five months old but they honored their quoted prices. In the meantime I had become aware of reliability issues regarding the receiver in the original estimate, and requested a different brand. That request was complied with, of course, and I was informed that CCS had just had an internal meeting regarding the reliability problems. However, it is unclear to me whether they would have recommended that change proactively. The installation was done in a highly professional manner. CCS's team took great care to make the system very attractive, with all wires hidden, and they succeeded in providing a handsome and visually appealing system with outstanding performance. They always wore booties in my house and did an excellent clean-up job. In the late afternoon of the installation day, the lead installer mentioned that the router was providing a signal to the home theater. I asked him to look at the accepted estimate, and he acknowledged that he had overlooked the provision to hard-wire a network cable into the Blu-ray player. That necessitated a follow-up visit, which was scheduled at my earliest convenience. That work was also done with the highest expertise and workmanship. So although the initial installation was not quite perfect, they made it so. I am entirely pleased with the service and recommend Carolina Custom Sound as a most capable, conscientious and consumer-friendly firm. Several months after the installation, my Blu-ray player, which was not sold to me by CCS, malfunctioned. I received useful feedback from CCS' president even though CCS does not handle that brand. So my limited exposure to their customer service was a positive experience as well.

Description of Work
Installed home theater system with ceiling speakers and wall-mounted TV and LCR speakers. Ran wiring through walls and between floors. Hard-wired internet connection to existing Blu-ray player, and connected all components. Calibrated system. Provided verbal instructions on operation.

05/28/2013

Jonathan S.

CCS did a great job from the design phase (responding to my goals and proactively offering alternatives) to pre-installation technical check (which resulted in an ever better final solution) to installation. Installation uncovered a few unanticipated issues - with equipment I already owned - but CCS was diligent in seeking to overcome those issues and in providing reasonably priced alternatives to eliminate those issues. Overall my wife and I are very pleased with the multi-room/multi-zone installation and would recommend using CCS to anyone considering an A/V installation in their home.

Description of Work
Created an encompassing A/V plan for the whole home and then Installed multiple existing and new components in multiple rooms/zones.

05/19/2013

Terry B.

The work was performed on time and it was just as we had requested.

Description of Work
Installed three flat screen televisions.

03/01/2013

Tracy M.

Chris did a great job. Quoted me $680 to run wire and hang 55" flat screen over our mantle. Charged me $640 and the work is beautiful. The guys were on time, did a professional job, made it look nice.

Description of Work
Add outlets, run cable and mount/hang a 55" flat screen over the mantle.

12/26/2012

Juanita T.

Technician was on time. Got system correctly reconnected. Began to program my remote then discovered company website was down. He returned about 1 hour later to finish the job. I was pleased with the service and wish I had called instead of spending 2+ hours trying to do it my tech challenged self.

Description of Work
Reconnected my entertainment system and reprogrammed universal remote. Calibrated TV. Gave explanations regarding system use.

12/12/2012

Martha S.

We were thrilled with Carolina Custom Sound. They are such a pleasure to work with!! We have one of those TV nooks above the fireplace & to have it drywalled, wired & supported to put a large flat screen on would have been around $2000. I was talking to Chris & he invented a kind of mount that goes in the nook & holds the TV flush in front of it. He has several pictures on his website & even a video, & we were pretty impressed. His team came out & created an attachment for the sound bar to go flush underneath the TV (looks like it's part of the TV) & installed the mount & 55" TV & it looks beautiful! We were so impressed with his guys--very professional, knowledgeable, picked up after themselves & really took pride in their work. We're looking into doing a theatre room & will definitely be working with them. We were so impressed with their honesty & work ethic! Thanks Chris!

Description of Work
Bought a TV wall mount, had it installed along with the flat screen TV & sound bar.

11/28/2012

Amanda W.

From start to finish, it was a terrific experience. The owner, Chris, was extremely helpful, very knowledgable, kind and patient. He got me exactly what I wanted at a very competitive price and with all the support and expertise I could ever wish for. He personally answered all my calls and emails in a timely manner. He helped me make decisions based on the best fit for my needs, and did not ever try to upsell or oversell. In fact, he got me away from some overpriced items I had researched, and got me the items for less money that would better suit my needs. I appreciate his honesty and sterling ethics. His crew was also very honest and helpful. Can't say enough great things about Carolina Custom Sound. I am grateful I found this company, thanks to Angie's List. I hope they have continued success and growth.

Description of Work
Had a home theater installed. Purchased everything I needed through Carolina Custom Sound: Bose sound system, 46" LED TV, Yamaha 5.1-channel receiver, Blu-Ray player, cables and remote. They did an in-home consultation to determine the TV size and placement, and made very good recommendations. They got me a much better price on the equipment than I could find on my own. They also recommended and supplied all the accompanying items needed like cables. The owner, Chris stayed in contact with me through the entire process. He promptly and kindly answered all my emails and called-in questions. He held my hand, so to speak, through the technical aspects that I may not have grasped otherwise. The two guys who came to the house for the installation were very kind, on time, clean, neat, polite, knowledgable, and helpful. They even moved the old heavy CRT TV that was being replaced into another room. They explained the remote and how to work everything very well. They cleaned-up all the sawdust and did a terrific job in every aspect. The whole process was on time and well under budget.

11/12/2012

KELLY D.

Overall, very pleased with the quality of the work. Chris and his helper showed up on time and did exactly what they said they would. They cleaned up after themselves and explained how to use the remote. The only downside was the pricing. Seemed a little pricey considering the entire install only took 30-45 minutes.

Description of Work
The guys relocated an electrical outlet ($100) and installed/mounted a large flat- screen tv in our master bedroom. They provided the tilt mount bracket ($100) and pulled though the cable and electrical so that everything is wired into the wall behind the tv. No cords showing! Install charge was $250.

10/16/2012

David G.

I was very happy with Carolina Custom Sound. They were polite and professional and did a top notch job.

Description of Work
Set up my new television and installed a wireless router. Adjusted exsisting home theatre system for best sound.

09/15/2012

meredith F.

They were terrific! Responsive, professional, informative. I'd absolutely recommend them!

Description of Work
They mounted my 46 inch TV and (unlike Best Buy) hid the wires. I provided my own bracket.

09/07/2012

Carolyn F.

Best experience I've ever had with an installation company. They wore covers on their shoes not to track in any mud, laid down drop cloths to protect our wood floors. Vacuumed up after themselves, went over all instructions and even wrote down operation for my husband and myself!! Wow it was just a great experience, I would gladly recommended them to all my friends and family. Thanks Carolina Custom Sound!!!!

Description of Work
We had an installation of a TV mounted over our fireplace with a 5.1 home theater system. Carolina Custom Sound also installed a Control4 remote that works all our equipment and even our lights!!! The guys were great to deal with, very clean and thorough and even helped Time Warner Cable fix their mess they left at your house! A++++ for this team, I would highly recommend them for anything Audio/Video/Control and Security. Thanks Carolina Custom Sound!!! Carolyn

12/02/2011

Judith C.

The person I spoke with was very generous with his time and was very informative about what options were most feasible for me. While I am not ignorant, neither am I particularly knowledgeable about the technology involved. He was able to dumb it down without being patronizing. He gave me reasonable installation prices if I did decide to go ahead and purchase my own equipment. I would definitely go back to this company.

Description of Work
I called for information about how to reduce my existing cable costs by using my own equipment such as an antenna and DVR.

Category tv antenna, cable tv service

10/19/2011

Christopher A.

on time and professional. red carpet, i think , is what they called it.

Description of Work
Installed three TV's including cabling and mounting, one outdoor on the brick. Put up with my emails and constant questions. Chris is a good dude.

09/13/2011

Susan D.

had worked for hours trying to set up a home network for a new tv and home theater system. Despite lots of help desk calls and internet searches, I couldn't get it to work. I checked Angie's List and found Carolina Custom Sound. I was afraid a professional service like this would be very expensive. But, they were wonderful -- offered lots of advice and assistance over the phone and then came over to solve my remaining problems. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed assistance in setting up my home network, tv and home theater system.

05/31/2011

Ann C.

They were exceptionally professional, courteous and incredibly neat with their installation. They cleaned up after themselves and showed us how everything worked. They were terrific. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Carolina Custom Sound to move my flat screen TVs and install them all.

ADT

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Bretco Electric Company Inc

Not all Electrical Contractors are created equally. So true is this statement when applied to Bretco Electric Company. Call us for a quote. It all began in 1990 as an idea and today is one of the most respected Electrical Service Companies in Winston-Salem. Under the guidelines of Randy Draughn, Bretco grew to a full service Electrical Company. We respect our customers right to get value for their dollar. Hometown values and a great work ethic, are how we separate ourselves from the competition. Repeat and long term satisfied customers are Bretcos' No.1priority. Give Bretco Electric Company a call for all your Residential and Commercial needs. About President Randy Draughn for Bretco Electric Company Inc. I earned my Electrical Contractors License in the Unlimited Category from the North Carolina State Board Of Examiners in October of 1988. Bretco is a member of the Better Business Bureau since 2004 Company Information Summary: Locally owned and operated since 1990 by Randy Draughn. Licensed & Insured. Servicing Residential & Commercial Clients, service upgrades, landscape lighting, standby / backup generators, telephone / network, outlet repair & installation, recessed lighting, ceiling fans, fuse box, hot water heaters, security lighting, hot tubs, swimming pools, bucket truck, parking lot lighting, chandelier cleaning, smoke detectors, and troubleshooting.

Cardinal Electric & Communications Inc

We are a local Electrical company capable of handling any job big or small all while maintaining the best Quality around! We have a Satisfaction Guarantee. We work extremely hard to keep our good name & reviews. Family owned business with 5-6 employees who are all dedicated to the company. We have 25+ years experience in Electrical Remodel, Troubleshooting, custom home & New construction. We service All Triad areas. We specialize in Service work Yet can handle commercial projects as well.

TV Service - Cable
    TV Sales
    Free in Home Consultation
    Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal, American Express
    Satisfaction

Home theater installation, flat panel plasma/LCD television installation, whole house audio/video, Home Automation. Security camera systems, security monitoring, CCTV, structured wiring. DirecTV and Dish Network certified. HDTV Plasma/LCD/LED calibrations, sales and service