ASSOCIATED VETERINARY SVC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 2010

4.3

4217 2ND AVE N

Great Falls, MT 59405

Full service Veterinary care for cats, dog, and horses. Mobile service for horses. Separate Equine facility. Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm. Emergency services available. All major credit cards accepted, Care Credit, Cash...

04/10/2015

Lois G.

Description of Work
They checked my dog and saw during the lunch time for them. SINCE they aren't open weekends we took her to another emergency vet

06/09/2014

Alexis B.

Description of Work
Spay and neuter, pups healed perfectly

11/23/2013

Roxanne L.

We've always been treated very well! They care about our "children" and have been our vet for over 7 years and my family's vet for over 30 years. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I took our dogs in for check-ups and shots.

11/12/2013

Nikita S.

Dr. Newman is always patient with my gelding, who is a bit of a worrier. The growth was removed and submitted to pathology. The surgical site healed beautifully, and it was in an area prone to pulling and getting dirty. Dr. Newman gave clear instructions on followup care and treatment of the incision. Dr. Newman has cared for our horses for about 10 years now and has always provided excellent care and advice.

Description of Work
Incised questionable growth/nodule on my horse. Advised on care of incision. Returned 2 weeks later to remove sutures.

09/25/2013

Jeanne R.

Dr. Newman used the ultrasound to determine where to drain the abscess and cleaned out the old wound using many flushes and antibiotics. The mare's neck healed up very well after that draining and cleaning. I find his professionalism refreshing and experience well-maintained to help my horses in all of their issues.

Description of Work
Treated and abscess on my horse's neck.

07/30/2013

Michael D. O.

My Service Dog, who had been by my side for 8 years was sent home afterwards. He didn't seem to be acting right, very unresponsive. They said the medication hadn't quite worn off yet. We took him back to the vet first thing the following morning, as he was still in the same u responsive condition and probably worse. They kept him overnight and the next day we had to have him euthanized. They said he had a stroke because of his age. We believe he was overdosed with sleep medication. We believe the killed my service dog and didn't want to admit it. Why were they so eager to send him home when he wasn.t acting right? We will never go to them again and have warned everybody we could against going to them. I had trained Shiloh from a pup for service work. He wasn't that old. I had trained service dogs before him for other folks and never had a problem. I have had other dogs live much older. No problem, until such time as they started slowing down and showing obvious pain or feebleness. Shiloh still the energy and playfulness of a pup, while staying calm and attentive when he was working with me. I had gotten many compliments about his behavior and training from people who also had service dogs not as well behaved. As of today, I have had a couple of other dogs that weren't near as good as he was. Tis vet service will be on my list until I drop.

Description of Work
Cleaned teeth after putting my service dog of 8 years to sleep.

03/29/2013

Kelly P.

I called the clinic Dr Newma came out to my horse farm, examined the horse, doctored the leg, told me how much the various tests were and when I gave the green light he ran a series of bloodwork tests came up with a diagnosis. The horse is doing well and I was very please with the speed and accuracy of the results. The staff is very friendly and nice too, which helps when you are stressed out about a sick animal. Dr. Jack Newman is one of the best equine vets around with state of the art equipment. He spends extra time to figure out hard cases and is very proficient. He is propbably one of the best internal medicine equine vets I have ever met. Dr. Barnes is one of the best small animal vets around and is excellent at surgery for both dogs and cats. I have 5 show horses, 2 cats and 1 dog. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Dr. Newman had to assess a new show horse I purchased and had to doctor its leg and figure out reason for being seriously underweight.

Veterinarians

Digital X-Rays, Full small animal and equine surgery facility, General vaccinations, lamesness exams, pre-purchase exams, Dental services, Equine breeding with cooled and frozen semen, End of life care. Limited overnight stabling for equine travelers

No boarding facility, no food animal services