Kirkness Roofing Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since February 2008

144 Moore Ln

Billings, MT 59101

Kirkness Roofing Company is a family owned business that has served the Yellowstone Valley for over 30 years. We are certified installers for GAF Materials Corporation, Malarkey Roofing Products and Versico. We do both residential and commercial projects. We are licensed and bonded and are members of the Home Builders Association and the Montana Roofing Contractors Association. We carry workers' compensation on our employees and liability insurance. Day to day operations are supervised by the company owner. Kirkness Roofing is proud of our association with Habitat for Humanity and, in conjunction with GAF, provide the labor and materials for their projects....

08/09/2017

Barbara C.

Very well. We have used Kirkness for two prior roof replacements. Their price was a bit higher than competitors but we decided to go with them anyway because of their track record. We were not disappointed, hoping not to need another roof anytime soon, but if so, would use them again.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

02/20/2017

Susan B.

They did a good job. They cleaned up the mess. They corrected the error they made in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
They cleared our shingle roof and put in an asphalt roof.

02/17/2017

Howard E.

They were good to work with and took care of it. We got what we paid for; we got a good roof. It was very well done and excellent. They were wonderful. We would recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

02/16/2017

Ingrid R.

I would use then again. My insurance covered it, besides my deductible but, I believe it was 12,000. They were fantastic. I didn’t have a problem with the price, it was comparable to the other businesses in town. Part of the reason they were so good was that they installed the replacement roof for hail damage and then 7 days later we had another hail storm. They work with the insurance company. They came out and looked it over with the insurance company and determined what needed to be replaced. Which was some things like that. So, they went above and beyond.

Description of Work
I used Kirkness. Fixed the roof.

08/10/2016

Lyla F.

EXCELLANT, local company who has been in the business over 30 yrs. I highly recommend Kirkness Roofing. If needed in the future, I will be calling them. I recommend setting up a contract with their company representative, Andrew Carney. He is honest. He is extremely knowledgeable of every aspect of the roofing business. When there was a small problem with the flashing around my chimney, the owner of the company, Roger Kirkness, came over himself. We got on the roof with his crew Supervisor. Roger confidently explained to me how the roof crew would proceed with the flashing so it would look great, and not leak. The crew fixed flashing as directed. This is the best looking roof this home has every had; and I have lived at this home the last 18yrs. Roger, Andrew, the crew Supervisors are easy to reach by phone or cell phone messaging. They have always immediately responded to my calls or concerns. Thanks Kirkness Roofing!! Well worth $12,858.00.

Description of Work
Complete roof removal. A new roof, flashing, vents, and all under-layments to be done.

05/18/2016

Doug M.

Description of Work
Roofing |It's finished & it looks nice. It took a long time to start on our job.

10/20/2015

Pamela H.

Description of Work
Super customer service. The workmanship was better than I expected. Very clean crews..no mess, friendly. I was amazed.

10/14/2015

Philip T.

06/11/2015

Deborah T.

Description of Work
We had a new cedar shake roof put on. They had a team of 6 or 7 guys working |for 2 weeks. It was a tough job because the access to the roof limited, at the end of the day they swept up and it was clean as when they came. |We would highly recommend them, they are a local business with roofers what live in the Billings area.

12/18/2014

Lisa T.

10/07/2014

Cheryl B.

Description of Work
Kirkness removed damaged roof and replaced in a timely manner and cleaned up the area.

09/29/2014

Andrew G.

Called Kirkness Roofing shortly after the hail storm in May 2014. They had installed our standing seam metal roof some 13 years earlier and did a good job. It took me several months of calls/followup before I was finally able to get an estimator out. It took me several more calls to Kirkness to try to get an actual estimate to provide the insurance company. I spoke with them this morning and they told me that they are not interested in performing the work because it would take too long/they didn't want to tie up their workers on the metal roof installation when there was plenty of other roofing work available. So basically I have spent some 5 months on trying to get an estimate out of them and have ended up with nothing.

07/07/2014

Jonathan S.

The office staff was helpful and written estimate was provided. I also contracted for some fascia replacement and that was done per agreement. Contracted in late fall and work was commenced following spring. Workers were polite and cleaned up daily. Work behind chimney required custom manufacture of cricket, delayed finishing by a couple of days however work was finished completely shortly thereafter. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on house and detached garage including tear-off of two layers of old roofing.

06/18/2014

Lisa S.

Description of Work
Got quote but did not use because I had already made a decision by the time I received their quote. Very personable and easy to talk to.

04/27/2014

BJ H.

Never received a call back.

Description of Work
Never called after leaving several messages.

10/11/2012

Curt S.

Kirkness was completely professional starting with discussing our needs with us and preparing the bid right up to the end of the project. They reviewed their bid with us in detail, and made changes based on our discussions. Once we decided on a color of metal shingles, they obtained samples for us prior to signing the contract to make sure the color was correct. They kept us up informed about a projected start date based on their work and the arrival of the roofing materials. When the installation started, they removed only the amount of the old roof they could could cover with the underlayment for the new roof system so each night we had a water tight roof. Each day they cleaned up the job so our yard was neat and an tidy, including doing sweeps with magnet bar to pick up any stray screws, staples or nails. As they proceeded with the roofing project, the owner regularly called me with updates and explanations of what they were doing and how the work was progressing. He always asked if the crew was performing to our expectations and if we had any problems or questions. We replaced a skylight in the roof during the project, and when our installer was injured in an auto accident and was unable to do the job, Kirkness removed our old skylight and installed the new one at no additional charge. We had some delays during the installation due to some shipping problems with the shingles, but Kirkness made sure the roof was weathertight during these delays. The final roof appears to be of high quality installed with exceptional skill. To summarize, Kirkness did a totally professional and expert installation of our metal shingle roof. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had previous experience with Kirkness from 1995 when they did a great job installing a cedar shake roof for us. In 2007 due to wildfire danger in our subdivision we had a metal roof and metal siding installed by a company renowned for their seamless siding. We chose them because at that time, there were few companies in Billings that did metal roofing. That metal shingle roof started leaking in 2010. After three winters with continued leaks and ineffectual repairs, we contacted Kirkness to bid on replacing the metal roof. Kirkness installed a new metal shingle roof for us this summer and fall.

07/22/2012

Patrick M.

I first sought bids for the work from several local roofing companies. Kirkness Roofing did not submit the highest bid nor the lowest bid, but when I started discussing details with the various companies, they were definitely the most helpful and responsive, and they could give me a fairly definite date when they could start the work, even though it was getting late in the season and winter was closely approaching. When I went to their shop to ask more specific questions, I spoke directly with the owner, Roger Cummings, and he answered all my questions and showed me samples of the material he recommended using and explained why he was using it. There was no pressure at all to go with his company. After I decided to hire them, the work was completed on schedule in a very timely and thoroughly professional manner with absolutely no hassles. They took off the old roof and put on the new roof in 2 days with no delays or problems. We have had the roof now for over 8 months including through the winter with no problems whatsoever. It looks fantastic. I very much appreciated the quality and professionalism of the work they did, and I would recommend them to others without any qualms.

Description of Work
Removed existing roof from our home and garage, and replaced it with new underlayment, flashings, drip edge, roof vents, ice and snow shield, and architectural shingles.

Sprague Construction Roofing, LLC

We do restoration services for property damaged by hail and wind storms. Locally owned and operated by long-time Billings residents. HAAG certified roofing inspectors. BBB. We work with the insurance company to get you a fair price for restoring your property.

Werner Bros LLC

We are two brothers from the great state of Montana. Abe and Daniel Werner. And we are here to give you fair and reasonable prices and work around your schedule. Please call for a free quote and learn more about us.

DaBella - Billings

Quality Begins at Home. We are the premiere home improvement company, with service and products that will keep you happy for years to come. Our customers receive unmatched warranties and exclusive products. We offer exclusive roofing, window, and hardi siding replacement systems that are manufactured in America and installed by factory-trained installers, delivering the best possible result every time. If you want to work with a contractor who is passionate about service, committed to quality and determined to delight you, then DaBella is for you! We’re ready to turn your dreams into a beautiful reality.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential and commercial re-roofing of asphalt shingles, cedar shakes, membrane, gutters, minor fascia & soffit repair.

Hot tar