COMFORT BY DESIGN A/C & HTG

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

My company is small, I have no employees, but I try to take pride in each and every project as if it were my home. I have a couple of people that are skilled in A/C and electric work that I use on large projects. I didn't list specific licenses and where they are from because I have local licenses

HVAC Companies (11)

07/18/2020

ERIC G.

Brian C. is the best. I have been using him for years and he has been the best AC person I have ever used. Brian is a tireless worker when the job needs to get done. He will come on weekends and late in the day to fix your AC if he can make it that day. If not he will give you a date and do his very best to keep that appointment.I have recommended Brian to friends and coworkers and will continue to use Comfort by Design for as long as I can. Brain has guaranteed my patronage with his honesty and integrity.

Description of Work
Replacement of system

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

07/30/2019

paul B.

Job complete. Happy with service and work.

Description of Work
A/C inspection and cleaning.

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

08/22/2017

Harry H.

perfect job

Description of Work
A/C repair. Great work and fair price. Will hire again!!

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

05/05/2017

Andreaetta W.

I called Brian on a Thursday afternoon and he was able to come out first thing the following morning. He arrived early and had parts to replace the capacitor on my unit. He also came and checked my air handler unit (AHU) inside. Apparently, my unit was installed incorrectly so he properly fastened the TXV bulb and replaced my drain line so that it would go in to the trap. He was great and he took the time to explain things to me about my HVAC system as well as sharing the maintenance tips that I should be doing on my system.

Description of Work
Problem: The fan on my condenser unit was not running and the motor was humming.

Cost $155.15

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

08/15/2016

Cathy S.

Great service; one of the few professional service people that I have found since I moved to Biloxi. I have called and used him twice, and I will call him again if needed. He returns calls promptly, comes when he says he will come, does a good job, is neat and careful about his surroundings, and charges a fair price. I can not ask for anything more.

Description of Work
A/C repair

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

03/21/2016

James M.

Brian arrived on time each day and our unit was installed in 3 1/2 days. At the end of day one, our outside unit had been removed as well as the old inside air handler. Brian and a helper installed and charged the new unit. They made sure the new system was up and running as a single zone system at the end of day one to provide comfort in the home. Brian then continued with duct removal and replacement on day two and part of day three. Finally, three thermostats and wiring as well as added electronics were installed to setup the zone design. Brian was very professional at all times and works to please the customer. We will continue to use Comfort By Design.

Description of Work
Brian, at Comfort By Design, replaced our 1998 10 Seer Rheem A/C & Htg system with a new 14 Seer Trane system. Brian first gathered dimensions from our home and also reviewed the duct work for possible needed modifications. He then used tools at his business to compute several different options along with pricing. Our main objective was to purchase a more efficient system capable of maintaining comfort in 3 separate zones due to our house layout. We elected a 4-ton, 14 Seer, 3-zone Trane system.

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

08/27/2015

Deborah K.

Description of Work
They installed a new Trane air conditioning unit, both inside and outside. They did an excellent job. I highly recommend them.

Work Completed On 07/14/2015

04/22/2013

Kathy G.

He works for me twice a year. He finds the lowest cost for his service. In the past, he found a way to put up our compressor on warranty. He is very familiar with the company's warranty. His work is awesome, and his price is more than fair.

Description of Work
We used Comfort by Design Air Conditioning and Heating owned by Brian Campbell. He provided heating and air conditioning service.

Work Completed On 11/05/2012

01/03/2013

candice M.

They were 'A' all around. I was looking for a very specific unit and they found it for me in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They installed a new A/C unit.

Work Completed On 01/12/2010

07/09/2012

B. A. C.

I first found this service on Angie's List when my parents need some A/C work done. I was pleased with the promptness and service given my parents so when I needed help with my air conditioning unit, Comfort by Design was the first call I made. I think the owner offers great service at very reasonable prices. I will certainly call again if I need help in the future.

Description of Work
Our air conditioning unit was blowing but was not blowing cool air consistently. It would run on some settings but not others. The repairs were, replacement of burnt contactor, replaced bad dual run capacitor, and replaced bad low blower capacitor. He also checked the freon.

Work Completed On 06/01/2012

08/12/2010

James M.

He told us when he would be at the house to make repair. He was there when he said he would be there. He fixed the problem, and we're having him do more work for us this fall with our duct work. A true professional job from start to finish.

Description of Work
Troubleshot failed air conditioner to faulty capacitor used to start the outside fan. Discovered capacitor had been replaced before with one that was rated too small for the fan. Brian, the owner/operator quickly made the repair.

Work Completed On 06/11/2010