Curtis Auto Repair

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2011

220 S Haugh Ave

PICAYUNE, MS 39466

Curtis Wholesale & Auto Repair is a family owned and operated, Christian business whose goal is to provide knowledgable, affordable, efficient, trustworthy automotive repair to our community. We offer most diagnostic work free of charge when the customer allows us to repair their vehicle. We are also a member of TechNet Professional Auto Service which means that most vehicle repairs are gauranteed for 12 months or 12,000 miles across the entire North American continent including free roadside assistance services and discounted rental car coverage in the event that a covered service has failed and disabled your vehicle. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Please call and schedule an appointment, 601-799-0280. Thank you....

10/31/2014

William T.

I was guilty of letting my '99 Grand Am 2.4L go for over a year and a half without getting it serviced. I drive about 100 miles per day going to work and back, so I didn't have a lot of down time. My car had developed several issues in that time, and my fuel economy had dropped from about 33 mpg to about 26 mpg. With 256,000 miles on it, I had to make a decision. Should I retire it and take on another note, or get it repaired. Since I really do like this car and it has a nice sound system in it, custom lights and good paint, I decided to take it to Curtis' Auto Repair and let them go through it bumper to bumper. I figured if I bought another used car, I would probably have to do the same with it before I felt confident driving it every day. I figured for $1500 - $2000, I could have my baby back running sweet again. They put a timing chain kit in it, new plugs, new power steering pressure hose, new ABS sensors, did a complete brake job, changed the belt and hoses, cleaned the cooling system and fuel injectors and more. I was prepared for a $1000 or higher labor bill. Was I ever surprised that the total bill was less than $800 ! My car now purrs like a kitten again, no more shaking when ideling or feeling like I need to put it in neutral at redlights. I had 6 warning lights on in the dashboard, now there are none. My mileage is back to 32 mpg at last fill up. I honestly think that this car will last many more years now. The next day I drove my weekend cruiser, a 1994 Z28 to them for a work over. Curtis and his wife Janel are both wonderful christian people that will help you anyway they can. They have a customer for life.

Description of Work
Curtis went through my 1999 Grand Am bumper to bumper, fixing everything that was ailing it. The car has 256,000 miles on it and now it runs like a new car again. Brought my gas mileage up from 26 to 33, and it's as peppy as the day I bought it ! Thanks Curtis !

08/18/2014

Dawn P.

It was great! Constant communication from start to finish! Car runs like brand new!

Description of Work
Changed rear wheel assembly, power steering return line, resurfaced rotors and replaced brakes.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about the experience you've had. Customer comments are our advertising and our investment is paying off! I am glad you were satisfied.

01/24/2014

Fred H.

See above for details. I was well pleased with his diagnosis and the work performed and the price.

Description of Work
Asked for a second opinion on work that another mechanic quoted as being $1,700 (a dealer). The dealer stated that I needed to replace the main seal, repair transmission pan leak and replace a CV axle that was leaking. Most of it would have been labor. Curtis diagnosed and ended up replacing the CV axle.

Category auto repair

Glad to know that the assessment and repair corrected your problem. Thank you for your business.

09/29/2013

SM S.

Curtis was great. I had left my car for a couple days cause he had so many customers that had left cars at his shop for repair, I did not have an appointment but as promised he squeezed me in and all went well.

Description of Work
Engine was overheating. He checked out my car and flushed out radiator.

Category auto repair

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave your vehicle with us for repairs. We look forward to seeing you again if the need should arise.

05/13/2013

Raymond R.

after calling over 5 different auto repair shops, I finally got in touch with Mr. Curtis. He was professional, accurate in his quote for price and estimated time of completion. He knows what he is doing and probably the most honest auto repair shop I have ever visited. I do not plan on going anywhere else in the future.

Description of Work
they replaced the a/c compressor on my car.

Category auto repair

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your business.

06/08/2011

Ouida M.

We used him for auto repair, he is so nice and quick to make repairs!

Description of Work
Auto Repair

Category auto repair

Thank you. We appreciate you letting others know about us!

Auto Service
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Transmission and engine replacement; cooling/heating system, radiator, brakes, auto ac, suspension, differential, transmission & engine repair and maintenance.

We do not yet offer alignments or tires, but hope to do so in the future.