Decorative Concrete Designs

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2010

6512 Rose Farm Rd

Ocean Springs, MS 39564

Decorative Concrete Designs has 15 years experience in the decorative, industrial and residential floor coating industry. We have the crews to service your needs. State Licensed & Insured. Our showroom is located at 6512 Rose Farm Rd in Ocean Springs, MS. We have completed numerous projects in the residential, commercial, federal and industrial market. Projects ranging from homeowners to, churches, schools, boardwalks, casinos, department of transportation, municipal and federal. We are installers of most major manufactures products. We are members of the Home Builders Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce. References are available upon request. We can Turn - Key a project. Ask us about pervious concrete storm water run off. We are certified installers. We can apply our products over existing concrete. We can help you design your project from start to finish. Our crews have the experience and equipment to do concrete demolition, forming, placing, and stamping for you patio, driveway, parking lot, etc. Allow is to work with you, your architect, builder, engineer or designer. Additional email - decoconcrete@aol.com....

05/25/2017

Donna B.

Elliot Davis, owner, is highly professional, incredibly responsive, respectful, and trustworthy. We can’t say enough about his attention to detail, which is amazing. During the planning stage of phase 1 of our project, Elliot patiently listened to our desires and made sure to explain all possible options and limitations that could be encountered. We were extremely lucky and grateful to have Elliot personally oversee the project. He is a ‘hands-on” owner working side-by-side with his craftsmen who were also courteous, caring, and hardworking. It took several months and interviews with potential stamped concrete contractors in our own area, Louisiana, before we decided to hire Decorative Concrete Designs, Inc. of Mississippi. While this was not the cheapest company pricewise, we made the right decision as the end results far exceeded expectations making the cost well worth it. It was a pleasure working with everyone and in the end, we made a friend in Elliot. We will definitely use this company again in phase 2 of our project, which will be our pool deck and outdoor kitchen area. We highly recommend Decorative Concrete Designs, Inc. of Mississippi without reservation.‎ THANK YOU ELLIOT!!

Description of Work
1. Stamped concrete driveway, patio, front porch & steps, & back steps. 2. Painted concrete house pillars, chain wall, & front porch apron.

Category stamped concrete

Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed working for you all. The project turned out nice. We look forward working with you on your future projects. Elliot

02/26/2017

Thomas G.

Elliot and his crew showed up as scheduled. They had some difficulties with the old slab being so porous, but worked through the day to get it right. The color came out great, but the gloss layer did not last. After discussing this with Elliot, he stated it was most likely due to the very old and porous slab. Elliot and his crew came back to the house, re sanded the floor and put a thin top layer on the slab. He stained and sealed the floor with a high gloss finish. He did all this at no cost to me and the final product came out great.

Description of Work
Sanded and stained old concrete floor in my house.

Thanks

01/26/2017

BEVERLY W.

It was great. They did a very good job. They were wonderful.

Description of Work
They put a decorative design on a sidewalk that looked terrible.

06/01/2016

Robert C.

We have a covered/screened porch that had old paint that was starting to chip in places and we weren't thrilled with the color. We tried to sand the chipped areas and apply a new coat of floor paint, however it started to peel up after a few days. Turns out the original paint was oil-based and of course just about all paint today is latex. We tried all sorts of methods to remove the paint and get down to the base concrete surface, including a pressure washer (which worked, but made a total mess). We called DCD and Elliot came out to show us samples of work his company has performed, took measurements and provided color samples. He recommended grinding off the old paint and applying an overlay, which could be stained just about any color we wanted. We chose Bronze to highlight our different shades of red brick. Elliot and his crew came out and hung plastic sheeting over our French Doors and porch screens and the dust removal system they use worked really well. They ground down both areas and applied the overlay in a few hours. They were very professional and efficient in their work. It took about a week for our paint order to arrive, and once it did, Elliot came out to stain the areas. He sanded the surfaces smooth, taped off all the edges and applied the stain and sealer. It was exactly the look we had imagined...different shades, highlights and some of the swirls of the trowel used to apply the overlay. We couldn't be more pleased with the results!

Description of Work
Grinded old paint off of patio, applied concrete overlay to patio and front entrance, stained and sealed both.

Category decks, stamped concrete

Great customers to work for. Thanks Elliot

03/10/2016

Kimberly L.

Category concrete repair

Thank you Mrs. {Member's name removed} Your project turn out nice and gave us great before and after pictures. We were proud to be apart of the project. Elliot

02/29/2016

Ralph T.

The final product definitely added beauty and increased value to our home and was beyond our expectations when completed. This is a very professional and pleasant to work with group and I now know why they are rated #1 in the three states they do business in. Elliot, the owner, and Felesha, his site manager, (a combined 40 yrs. experience in the business) honored their appointment time, took measurements of the area to be worked, showed me samples of their completed work and we later discussed price, colors, and start date in Angie's List's correspondence section. The work was completed in about a week. The area was cleaned every day and at completion of the work. Felesha, the site manager, has 24 years experience in all aspects of the concrete business and was onsite every day while the work was being done. She would make helpful recommendations, spot areas that needed attention and help you through the project. A comfortable feeling -- she was really looking out for you. A two (really three at times -- Felesha did the work with them many times) started the project -- Vick and Jose (they did the patio first) then Freddie was added when they started on the pool and spa decking. You could tell that they knew what they were doing. All these gentlemen were extremely nice, very respectful and professional. Of course this operation didn’t just get that way. As a former aerospace manager I know. I'm sure Elliot, the owner had much to do with -- an operation like this doesn’t just happen.

Description of Work
Decorative Concrete Stamping of a large pool, spa, and patio decking.

Category stamped concrete

Thank you Sir, We enjoyed working with you and your wife. Thank you for your patience and those kind words. Elliot

02/26/2016

Karon P.

They were friendly and very professional. Always returned my calls promptly. They showed up when they said they would. They did excellent work and did it very neatly. When they left my yard was just as they found it. I love my new patio! I have absolutely no reservations in recommending them to anyone who needs their services.

Description of Work
They added a large extension to my existing patio.

Category concrete repair, patios

Thank you Ms. {Member's name removed} I hope they are enjoying it. We enjoyed working with you. Elliot

10/21/2015

Bonnie W.

Description of Work
They never returned my call

Category concrete repair

Ms. [Member name removed] We did not receive a call or email from you. We checked everything, unless a message was left and deleted by mistake. We are located in Ocean Springs. You have written a negative review on the wrong company. The office # is 2288728060 please call. We will return your call. If this is a competitor, it is a poor way to get business. It won't be the first time this has been done. Elliot

09/04/2015

James B.

Description of Work
Never returned my phone call. Wasted my time.

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping

Mr. [Member Name Removed], You have posted a review on the wrong company. This has happened before. We are located in Mississippi. I have checked with the office and reviewed emails and find no record of you calling. You can call the office at 228-872-8060 and I will return your call. Again we have no record of you calling. If you are a competitor just posting a negative review that's not a great way to get business. Elliot Elliot

07/27/2015

Diane S.

Arrived on scheduled date, did stamped concrete work. Results were above and beyond our expectations. Stamped concrete work is excellent! Beautiful color and design -- antique brown. Worked around existing spa. Absolutely beautiful results! Highly recommend their services!

Description of Work
Removed spray deck surface and installed stamped conrete for pool, back, and front patio.

Category concrete repair, decks, patios

Thank you. The project looks great!

07/21/2015

John W.

see above

Description of Work
Was here day after I called and had work done by end of the week. Reasonable price and beautiful work. Very professional and a please to work with. Highly recommend

05/27/2015

Ron R.

It is an excellent company with an excellent owner. They do what they say they are going to do. They back up their work.

Description of Work
I used Decorative Concrete Designs for concrete stamps.

Category stamped concrete

Thanks, good to know everything is still going well. Elliot

05/18/2015

Raymond H.

Decorative Design gave me a date and time and they were there. Did not have to call them. The owner stayed in contact throughout the process. Brought samples buy on several occasions until we got just what we wanted. The work was done efficiently and timely. No long delays. Quality organization. Creative in giving my home outstanding curve appeal with the designs and borders used. If I had another driveway to resurface I would not hesitate to call Decorative Concrete Designs. They know their business and they have references for their work quality. They stand by their work.

Description of Work
Resurfaced large concrete driveway, walkway and patio areas. Sealed cracks in pavement.

03/27/2015

Darren B.

They were really professional. It looks good. There were no dislikes.

Description of Work
I had some concrete poured by Decorative Concrete. They poured some flower bed edging.

Thanks [Member name removed], Glad you all is enjoying the curbs. Elliot

02/11/2015

mark B.

The crew started early on Monday morning and by Tuesday afternoon the project was complete. Absolutely beautiful work. I couldn't be any happier with the results. If you are looking for someone to do stamped concrete work, DCD is the company for you.

Description of Work
DCD did a stamped concrete parking area in front of my home as well as forming and pouring some new curbs.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Thanks, The project turned out looking great!!

11/19/2014

Regina E.

Decorative Concrete Designs were very easy to work with from my first phone call to the completion of the project. The price was right, the work done very well, and the patio looks great.

Description of Work
Decorative Concrete Designs made a 20 x 24 foot stamped concrete patio.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete, patios

We enjoyed working with you as well and making the project a success. Great customers like yourself is what makes work enjoyable. Thank you. Elliot Davis

10/23/2014

Lester H.

Description of Work
Overlay concrete

Category concrete repair

Thank you Sir, It was a pleasure working with you and your wife. The project turned out nice. Elliot Davis

08/23/2014

Steve R.

The owner and workers were very professional, knowledgeable, and did a tremendous job - the end result is superb!

Description of Work
They added to my existing stamped, concrete driveway and resealed it. Ten years ago DCD originally did the driveway for me.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete

[removed member name], Past customers like youself is what allow us to continue to give back to community and support the ones we love. Thanks for the repeat work. The driveway looks great with the new coat of sealer!! What a difference it made on the driveway we did ten years ago. Elliot Davis

08/21/2014

David O.

It was pretty good. They were very thorough. They also value professionalism and they seem honest.

Description of Work
I used Decorative Concrete Designs.

08/11/2014

Ron R.

After contacting Elliott through Angies List. Elliott made telephone contact and arrived at our residence the next day at an agreed upon time. He was prompt, well dressed and professional. Elliott's took the time to explain the process and gave us options as to what might be a nice touch in certain areas. There was no pressure on making a sale or getting the job. His theory on running his company is that if he is going to take on the job, it will be done to as close as possible to perfection. A true professional to his trade. When the project was begun Elliott was on site and oversaw the complete project. A few weeks after the job was completed Elliott showed up to inspect final curing process and to make sure we were completely happy with the job done. Very Impressive. Beautiful beyond belief, When I have the need for this type of work again, Decorative Concrete Design will be at the top of my list. You want the best, call DCD ! Ron & Terri Rogers

Description of Work
We needed our front sidewalk and stoop, Back porch Decks (3) and walkway to the lake house completely repoured and decorative concrete design applied.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

[removed member name], Thanks, It was a pleasure working with you and your wife. Hope all goes well. Elliot Davis

05/28/2014

Hollie V.

Elliot and his team were wonderful. Elliot always responded quickly to my messages and communicating was always easy. He understood what we were looking for and communicated that to his workers. The work was completed within 2 days, and they even returned for some touch-ups within days of me reporting to him. Both projects came out great and were done with quality and functionality in mind. Our back porch used to flood right in front of our back door and that problem has been resolved. I have already recommended them to a friend.

Description of Work
New round driveway and stamped concrete on the back porch

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

(member name removed), Thanks, It was a pleasure working with you and your husband. The project turned out great!!! Elliot Davis

05/14/2014

David S.

The lady that came out told me she had 20 years in construction and 10 years in decorative concrete. She told me they don't know what the code is because they work in so many counties and can't keep up with them all??? Then she didn't know what a rise, or run of a step was. She told me they would make each step tread wider than what i have now but the rise wouldn't have to be any taller. That's mathematically impossible. I tried to explain it to her but she got mad and said fine you just tell me what you want. And actually said sometimes men have a hard time listing to a woman. Nope I just have a hard time listing to someone that is totally wrong and doesn't understand basic math and geometry. I tried to call the owner and explain what happened in hopes to get him out to look at them because I do need them done. He told me she knew what she is doing so I decided not to use them. There are stair calculators on line she could have used for this. Not recommended.

Description of Work
I needed 9' tall concrete stairs built. They have to be built to meet the driveway 14' away. So they can't extend out any further because of the driveway. They were going to replace the wood ones I have now.

04/15/2014

James B.

DCD's owner came by several times to verify with us on the requirements of the work. We were invited to the showroom to look at concrete stamp samples and samples dropped off at the house to review . The owner verified the work schedule with us. Last year DCD added on to the side of the driveway during a carport addition. A follow on driveway and sidewalk concrete renewal and repair by DCD was to be scheduled after the carport work was done. We notified DCD that the carport was complete and that the renewal and repair could start. DCD showed up with the right equipment and people on the first day so that the job progressed quickly. Several people were on site, each with unique jobs to do. They accomplished several steps, removing damaged concrete driveway, installing new concrete, stamping the new concrete, coating the old concrete driveway and sidewalk that was not replaced. They spent a lot of time detailing the coating on the old concrete and also the new concrete, rubbing joints and corners. They used time efficiently. On the second day they continued to detail the concrete, which we had not expected. There was a lot of detail time spend to ensure that the project looked great. They then sealed the whole driveway and sidewalk. There was always a supervisor on site and you could hear the conversations on quality control. I asked the owner about the training that he gives his staff. All had gone to significant training on the products they were using. DCD is the third concrete contractor that we have used and I can't say enough about the high quality the work. They are so much better than the other contractors that we have used and the pricing for the amount of labor involved was in line. We would only use DCD in the future and highly recommend them on all concrete work.

Description of Work
Replaced part of damaged driveway with stamped and colored concrete and color coated and sealed the remainder of the driveway and sidewalk. The new part of the driveway was stamped and colored to look like cobble stones.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, stamped concrete

Thank you [member name removed], The decorative concrete was a great improvement to your hardscape. We were excited about doing the project. I saw the pictures the workers took. Hope you and your wife continue to enjoy it. Please call if you have any questions. Elliot

04/13/2014

Carolyn D.

It was awesome. Workers arrived early morning and prepped and taped off everything. They were very professional and worked all day. The finished product was more than I ever imagined. I would absolutely recommend them to my friends. As a matter of fact they are going to finish the concrete around my pool. I am so happy with the job the have done.

Description of Work
Prepped existing concrete and stamped and stained walk way and back patio.

Category concrete repair

Thank you [member name removed], We are excited to have been chosen to complete your decorative concrete project. The project turned out great and the colors are perfect. We were able to complete the project within the time requested. You all have been a pleasure to work with. Looking forward to future projects. Elliot Davis

11/07/2013

Stanley O.

This is second time I have used this firm with equally good results to the first. The first was to construct a stamped concrete curving sidewalk to enclose a garden area and to raise a sitting area for a back porch - the first job was done extremely well which is why we hired them again. This job was to repair a badly deteriorated driveway before it had to be replaced completely, level a large low spot where water puddled, repair a deteriorating front sidewalk, and add a sidewalk so our friends wouldn't have to walk in the grass to get to our front door. The work was delayed for several months due to bad weather - polymer based concrete does not like extra water. Mr. Elliot Davis, the head of the firm, maintained contact with us over that time, and when the weather finally cooperated, personally oversaw and performed some of the work. When he was not there, the work crew leader maintained the momentum of the work. All of the work crew knew what they were doing, knew how and when to do it, and did it correctly, quickly and efficiently. Whenever I had a question, it was answered right then in a logical manner and backed up with action where necessary. All in all, the whole job was done very professionally and looks great. That not only increases the curb appeal of the house and the enjoyment of living in it, but will also save us a considerable amount of money by not having to replace the driveway.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced two broken sections of driveway. Cleaned, pre-leveled, and overlayed driveway, front porch, and sidewalk with polymer modified cement with broom finish. Added very attractive curved sidewalk between driveway and sidewalk. Cleaned up and removed all construction debris from the jobsite.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, mudjacking, stamped concrete

Thanks Mr. (removed member name)it was great working with you and your wife. Hope you all are have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.