JIM COWDEN ELECTRIC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2008

4.2

173 GRANTS FERRY CIR

Brandon, MS 39047

LICENSE #06553. ADDITIONAL ADDRESS: P O BOX 5973 BRANDON, MS 39047....

08/16/2017

Joe S.

Quick, professional. I will definitely use Cowden again!

Description of Work
Replaced a breaker.

Category electrician

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you.

02/12/2016

Mallory W.

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Service was professional, timely and affordable. Mr. Cowden's team were polite and respectful throughout. We will be having them back soon to complete some additional upgrades on our house. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Description of Work
Marty Cowden and his team installed under/upper cabinet lighting; socket lights; as well as outside downlighting and landscape lights on our trees. Mr. Cowden used the latest technology (remote access system) that is awesome! A++++ service.

07/29/2015

Trish D.

Answered my call, scheduled appt for the next morning at 8:00. They were on time, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced fan motor on attic ventilation fan.

02/04/2015

John N.

Description of Work
Replaced ballastsx2, repaired bad connections in a ceiling light and in a fan, installed outlet |4 h at $95/h and ~$120 supplies

01/21/2013

Matthew M.

had already been replaced as well as the fan itself without being able to resolve the issue. They said it was fixed and charged us in addition to the service charge an additional 60 or some odd dollars. I didn't have a problem paying for equipment we recieved if it fixed the problem but it didn't. My wife told him before he left that the remote had already been replaced. He also took our old remote with him. There was nothing wrong with the old remote. After a couple of days we started having problems with the light again. I called back and left 2 messages and finally after a couple of days got a call back and scheduled another appointment. I asked several times about the getting the old remote back and they said that they no longer had it. They made no attempt to make this right. On the second service trip. My wife was there once again. They went in there and worked on the fixture. After a while they came out and said they were going to purchase a new fan. My wife then told them that the fan had already been replaced and that the old fan was doing the exact same thing. After that they then told my wife and the reason the light didn't work correctly is because we had those flouresent bulds and that we needed regular bulbs in it. That resolved the issue. Doesn't that seem like something an electrician doing service calls should know?

Description of Work
I was having problems with three different light fixtures in my house. I have a home warranty and contacted them about the issue. They issued the work order to Jim Cowdin Electric. The initial work order was during a holiday so that may explain the three day period when I didn't hear from anyone. After three days I called the home warranty again who then in turn contacted Jim Cowdin Electric. Jim Cowdin Electric said that they had not recieved the work order. Jim Cowdin Electric contacted me after the second call to AHS and set up an appointment. My wife was at home that day and let them in for the work. They promptly fixed the kitchen and bathroom fixtures. While working on the bedroom fixture one of the men came into the room where my wife was and asked if we used the remote control for the bedroom fan/light. My wife told him that we did use it. He then went back to the room and replaced the remote without saying anything to my wife about it. The remote

03/18/2012

Amy L.

Had used them in the past as they were called by my plumber when he was performing work at the house. Called them during regular business hours and the guy acted like I woke him up. He just said "hello" so I wasn't sure if I reached the right number. Turned out I did and wanted to have an electrician call to schedule a service call. He assured me he would get the message to them. Nobody ever returned my call. Really disappointing.

Description of Work
Trying to get several different electrical jobs done around the house.

12/28/2011

Dan and Kirk R.

They arrived very promptly and found the problem with our wiring. Although they entered a bid that was higher than everyone else, I think they would have done a better job than the person we chose for the repairs.

Description of Work
Promptly arrived at job site and found the solution to our electrical issue. Entered a bid that was a little too high.

06/13/2011

Scott P.

I called the company twice, on two different days in the early morning. Each time I was told that the electrician was on his way to another job and each time I was told that they'd see if they could get to me--they never did. I would have been fine with an appointment at a later date, but the truth is that I was stood up on two separate days without so much as a phone call to say they couldn't make it. Given the rest of the good reviews on Angie's List for this company, I'd like to think they're reputable for the work that they do, but after two attempts I can't even get them to give me a call. I'd give the electrician an 'F' if I knew for sure that he was even getting the message I left with his secretary. As a company overall, I have to give them a 'D' for professionalism.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category electrician

I'm sorry for any inconvenience our company may have caused you. I understand how frustrating this may have been. However, we do have appointments schedule the days before. We do however take emergency calls. This may have occurred when you contacted us. Again I'm sorry. If you would consider using us in the future I will be happy to give you a discounted rate for the inconvenience.

06/09/2011

Nicholas S.

NEVER HEARD FROM THEM

Description of Work
First try in using a service person on Angie's List. Called and got voice mail, left a message to return my call, explained my emergency .... NEVER HEARD FROM THEM...what a disappointment

Category electrician

Sorry for missing your call, however if you call between our normal business hours we call back that day. Unfortunately, somehow we missed your call. Especially with it being an emergency. I hope that you will consider calling us back in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience

04/07/2011

Gerald L.

See above.

Description of Work
Something kept throwing a breaker. Cowden sent an electrician out who had to work the whole day but eventually traced it to the home wastewater treatment system. He could not repair that but he did rewire the upstairs which had been done in a shoddy manner by the home building contractor, Ronnie Torrence. I paid a little more than I expected but it was the time needed, not a lack of competency. I have no trouble recommending this firm. If fact, I am going to call them again about replacing some 40 watt florescent light fixtures with some of the more efficient lower watt fixtures.

01/31/2011

Lisa M.

see above

Description of Work
Needed some light fixtures replaced as well as some outlets/switches. They were happy to come out for such a small job and cleaned up after themselves when through. Have used this company a couple of times in the past and will always call hem for electrical needs! I think if they were booked for a while I'd even wait....

10/05/2010

Monica M.

The company was assigned by our home warranty provider, after not being able to find an electrician in our local area. The electriician came out the next day, and was on time. He was very courteous and got right to work. It was a quick fix, under 20 minutes, he was on his way. Before he left, he even took a moment let my loudly barking dog sniff him. Calmed her right down.

Description of Work
Repaired light on bathroom exhaust fan. We didn't know why the light wouldn't come on, despite changing the bulb. The electrician found a loose connection, and replugged it.

07/01/2010

Linda L.

I had to conduct this transaction while I was out of town. He went over and gave me an estimate for the work to be done over thephone. When I got back Friday, he was working on the project, and we were through with our transaction by noon.

Description of Work
Replaced meter box on outside of house.

07/14/2008

Heather G.

I've called the company on three separate occasions to do electrical work in my home. Each and every time, I've been happy with their work. My calls have been promptly answered, and the workers have come the same or next day. The workers have been very polite, and work quickly - not wasting time or my money. I've been very pleased with the results on all the work. I've not had any problems whatsoever. This is a trustworthy company.

Description of Work
Replaced burnt fuse, replaced attic exhaust fan, replaced ceiling fan, installed dishwasher (electrical), replaced light fixture and replaced bathroom exhaust fan.

ARC Electrical Service LLC

ARC Electrical Service LLC. Locally owned and operated out of Jackson, MS. We provide all types of Electrical Service and Repair. Please reach out directly with any questions. Call or click for an estimate today!

Advanced Electric Service, Inc.

Advanced Electric Service, Inc. is a locally owned and operated company serving the greater Jackson area since 2002. We are a company that strives for perfection and nothing less is ever accepted. We pride ourselves with getting the job done right-the first time- no matter how difficult. Our staff of electricians are trained from the start to ensure customer satisfaction. As a company locally owned and operated right here in Jackson, Mississippi, we are able to provide a more personal, one-on-one approach to all of your electrical needs and concerns. We are authorized dealers for Lutron Lighting and Shades, Kohler Generators and Extron Electonics.

Dueitt Electrical Service LLC

Dueitt Electrical Service is a family owned veteran operated residential electrical business proudly serving Kosciusko and surrounding areas. “IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, WE CAN DUEITT” * 24 hour Emergency Service * Residential Service & Maintenance * Lighting Solutions * T12/T8 LED conversions (with up to 60% Savings over Ballast driven Florescent) * Home Re-wires * Electrical Panel Upgrades * Service Entrance and Lateral installation * New Construction Load Calculation and Home Wiring * HVAC Circuit Calculations and Wiring * Renovations * Residential Electrical Inspections * Repairs and Installation * Landscape lighting * Wedding Lighting * And MUCH MUCH More!! Allow our family to help you during your next electrical adventure. We do everything from changing receptacles, to the wiring of your dream home. Let our team light your path by calling or emailing us to set up a free consultation and estimate concerning your electrical needs. Don't trust your investment to just any "Electrician", make sure they are a licensed and insured Electrician. Go by the CODE, or go down the ROAD!! cell: 662-739-3079 office: 662-639-2169

ELECTRICAL SERVICES INCLUDING INSTALLING CEILING & EXHAUST FANS, APPLIANCE OUTLETS & NEW LIGHTING INSTALLATION. WE ALSO DO NEW CONSTRUCTION AND REMODELS.