J Smith Builders

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2008

J. Smith Builders is a family owned company that has been providing many years of general contracting services in the residential & commercial building & remodeling industry. We provide fully warrantied building & project management, and we pride ourselves in providing outstanding quality at a reasonable price....

Russell Tree & Lawn Service

Russell Tree & Lawn can take care of ALL of your outdoor projects. We are a fully licensed and insured family owned business. We specialize in Retaining walls, Tree removal, Tree Trimming, BobCat services, Lawn Care, Fencing & much more! Call for your free bid today!

SIGNATURE LANDSCAPES & DESIGN INC

Throughout your landscape project, from planning to installation to completion, we strive to meet your needs and concerns at every phase of the project. We take great pride in our history of providing the St. Louis area and beyond with the absolute best in landscape construction services. With our history of successful projects and satisfied customers, we’re happy to provide references upon request to demonstrate the level of satisfaction we strive to achieve on every project.

A WORK OF ART LANDSCAPES

A Work of Art Landscapes, LLC has more then 20 years experience with an A+ rating on BBB, specializing in helping clients increase the value and beauty of their homes by creating elegant outdoor living spaces. We create beautiful yard designs by combining seasonal color, perennials, landscaping, and maintenance. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the end result of your landscaping project.

01/29/2016

WIlliam W.

Description of Work
They tried to charge for things I didn't need and wouldn't solve my pressure issue.

Category plumbing,remodeling,home builders

So sorry to hear you had this experience but we have no record of your name or address in our files. We are not plumbers and wonder if our name might have been confused with another company.

08/03/2015

Roland S.

J. Smith Builders was recommended to me by my niece, who had hired Jon to add a new room addition onto her house. Jon was the only builder who quoted what my wife and I actually wanted--a deck repair--rather than a complete new deck. He scheduled us several weeks out due to workload and rainy weather. He called to set up a time, arrived with a two man crew at 7AM, with all the materials, and had our deck done in one day. Jon's crew members were nice, personable, and they were very good carpenters who all worked well together. I would recommend Jon and his company for remodeling because they were honest and represented fairly what they were going to do. They were very easy to work with. This was a $3K job to see if my wife and I liked J. Smith, and could work easily with them when we re-model our kitchen, dining room, den and living room. Although we recently had a $14K insurance remodel with another larger builder (recommended by our insurance company--USAA), J. Smith clearly did the better job, was much more trustworthy, and offered better pricing. We plan to use J. Smith Builders for our upcoming kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
Jon refurbished my screened porch deck, removing the parts that were deteriorated, and replaced them with new construction. This included replacing stairs, handrails, screens,joists, joist hangers, side deck joists, floor, railing and one support timber.

Category contractors,decks,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling

07/21/2015

Ida S.

Job went wonderfully well. They are skilled, smart, accurate, creative, and responsive

Description of Work
Installed kitchen cabinets, light electrical

Category remodeling

05/14/2015

Sharon M.

Need to review estimate before decisions on remodel can be made.

Description of Work
While Jonathan was here to give me an estimate for some remodeling, I mentioned a plumbing problem in my house. He was kind enough to share the name of the plumber he uses for his work. I had been told I only had one expensive option, but he felt there might be another solution. His plumber solved the problem fast and at a small fraction of the cost. If this is an indication of the quality of the companies he uses, it is certainly impressive. I am also impressed and grateful for Jonathan's generosity and helpfulness.

Category plumbing,remodeling

03/18/2014

Carl B.

They were very professional. Excellent quality work. Personable workers. We asked them to go back and re-do a couple of things that my wife didn't like as well. They did it right away without any complaint. The end product was the best bathroom we've ever had. I would definitely have them do work for us again.

Description of Work
They remodeled our master bathroom.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/27/2013

Timothy F.

Bid was spot on and fair. Excellent. Service performed when agreed upon. Project completed on time and within estimate. Quality materials and workmanship.

Description of Work
Demolished two old decks and re-finished with Timbertech composite and aluminum rail.

Category decks

11/24/2012

Barry G.

We remodeled our 23+ year old kitchen and had new hardwood floors installed with new front and back french patio doors. The owner Jonathan and his wife Kim was very professional. They came to see what we wanted and gave very helpful idea's and made good suggestions that we never thought of. We very much appreciated the suggestions. Kim had a very good design eye to help us with all the decisions involved. They we're very good to work with and very fair. At one point there was a communication failure with a subcontractor and some tile was laid different than we talked about, and after Jonathan found out, he apologized and was going to have it redone, but we said it was fine the way it is. He gave us a fair credit, which I never even asked for, which I appreciated. It was a very intensive remodel, but he had it planned out very well and it went on schedule, except for some changes that we made, and the granite countertop had to be replaced because of a bad seem that wasn't noticed at the granite place. This was our first big job with a contractor and was very cautious going into this, but the more we talked with them the better we felt . They are very friendly people and very professional, and we are happy with how this remodel came out.

Description of Work
A complete kitchen remodel, new cabinets new hardwood floors, exterior and interior doors and trim.

Category hardwood floor,remodeling,home remodeling

08/21/2012

LORI Z.

I had J Smith builders come in for a few different projects - the biggest of which was to repair my damaged shower floor. I prevously had a friend remodel my bathroom. A year after the remodel, I ended up with water under the tile shower floor and a big mess. I got a number of estimates for repair of the floor and a number of opinions on the best way to repair it. J Smith Builders had a very reasonable repair plan at a reasonable cost. I also had them replace a pipe that connects to the shower and had some grout repaired. They did a great job on my shower and it is still in great shape almost a year later. They were very easy to work with, reasonably priced, worked quickly, cleaned up any mess they made, AND did great work! I will absolutely contact them for any future home improvements.

Description of Work
Shower floor replacement: tore out old tile along the floor and bottom two rows in the shower of the shower. Tore out curb and old concrete base of the shower. Replaced with solid marble base.Replaced pipes from shower to appropriate kind of pipe.Repaired grout in a few places in kitchen and foyer.

Category plumbing,home remodeling

06/19/2012

Mary M.

They were fabulous. They cleaned up everything. They were incredibly polite. They worked so hard even with the terrible heat. They were fast and every time I need work I will call them. Their prices are also reasonable.

Description of Work
They have done work for us twice. They installed a stone retaining wall out front and a draining system. This year they did more drainage work and installed a new patio.

Category plumbing,sunrooms,hardscaping

09/20/2008

karyn W.

In the beginning, it was tough to get a hold of him- understandably there were personal problems, and honestly, the work he did and his personality made up for it. We are planning to use him again to finish our basement and are thrilled to have found someone that we like and does great work!

Description of Work
Built a roof over the stairs into the basement.

Category contractors,remodeling,roofing

Residential & commercial remodeling, additions, new homes, design, build, handyman, general contracting, finished basements, windows, siding, decks, install cabinets, install doors, framing, demolition, insurance, termite work, debris remove & haul.