Vitt Heating & Air Conditioning Co Inc

Founded 1954 • With Angi since January 2005

Family owned and operated company since 1954. Quality workmanship is one of our best qualities. Excellent customer service. With over 50 years of experience in the HVAC industry, we are confident we will meet and exceed your expectations. Our quality and attention to detail are unrivaled by the competition. We have served the residents of St. Louis with three generations of Vitts, and are raising the fourth. Our longevity is a testimony to our service and clients' trust. We have an excellent rating with the BBB and are N.A.T.E. Certified technicians. One major difference and benefit of our company is custom duct fittings. Custom fittings give your unit a longer, more reliable shelf life and a professional looking installation. Just ask to see our before and after pictures and you'll see the Vitt difference! Also, NONE of our employees are paid on commission, and do not get bonuses based on sales. What does that mean? That guarantees that we will not try selling you something you do not need. Only if your system is non-repairable, or at your request will we suggest purchasing a new system. We will not have a "salesman" show up at your door whose main objective is to sell you something. We are there to make you happy and comfortable, that's it. NO SUBS. CHARGES BY THE HOUR. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR AFTER- HOURS SERVICE MAY APPLY...

Military Discounts (retired & active)

+9 more images

HVAC Companies (151)air duct cleaning (4)water heaters (4)

08/19/2021

TED B.

Vitt was very responsive while we investigated alternatives, and provided prompt answers to our many questions. Once we made the decision based on Vitt's good price and excellent equipment, they began the very next day and installed three complete HVAC systems (furnaces, coils and outside units) in one day. Very professional and superior work. We highly recommend Vitt.

Description of Work
Vitt installed three new complete HVAC systems in our home

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

03/03/2021

karen P.

Great!! Saved my life on one of the coldest days of the year I own a small business and our heat was broken They arrived within two hours and had it fixed the very next day I highly recommend this company!!

Description of Work
Repair heating system

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/20/2021

Nicholas D.

Boiler wasn't lighting on one of the coldest days of the year. The Tech from Vitt showed up that very day and quickly diagnosed a bad Spark Ignition Module. He replaced it and we had heat again. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Boiler repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

01/02/2021

gary Y.

less than a day to have working heat .

Description of Work
heater was broke ac needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/31/2020

Pam F.

Great! Identified the problem quickly, installed the new part, cleaned the furnace, and did a wonderful repair. Highly recommend and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
No hot air from furnace

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

10/25/2020

shaun S.

Everything went fine. It was also the lowest priced proposal out of 4. Service was great.

Description of Work
new hvac system

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

08/19/2020

Robert O.

Jerry and Matt came out and was professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. Vitt Heating and cooling couldn’t have sent out two better installers. Them 2 guys made me a customer for life , they went above and beyond my exspectations

Description of Work
Install furnace and a/c

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

07/14/2020

Jim A.

Exceptional. I was very impressed with the individual.

Description of Work
Really just an evaluation, and fixing some zoning.

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

04/29/2020

Gerald J.

On time no problem very professional

Description of Work
Needed air conditioner charged

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review!

11/05/2019

Mick G.

Found a problem and took picture of it. Repairmen explained part with problem doesn't need to be replaced for 1-5 years.

Description of Work
Furnace check.

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

08/30/2019

Elaine K.

Fabulous company! Highly recommend. Brad gave me 4 options with price points for the install of American Standard products. I chose the Gold option! AC went from 10 seer to 16 seer. Very competitive and fair pricing. My lower level is finished and Nick, Eric and Brad took great care in protecting my carpet. I am very pleased and happy with everything. Elaine

Description of Work
AC, Furnace, Humidifier

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

08/04/2019

James W.

The service provider appropriately diagnosed the problem timely and offered acceptable repair options. The company was extremely responsive with the initial service call as well as with the follow-up repair. I would definitely recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
The A/C Coil Drip Pan needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

03/27/2019

Jeanne O.

The boiler was fairly new, but had never been serviced. The workman came on Saturday in response to an emergency call, and fixed the boiler as well as performed basic maintenance which badly needed to be done. He didn't bleed the radiators, so I will be contacting the company to make arrangements to have that techs do this as well. I would consider relying on Vitt's for routine maintenance of our heating system, as well as replacement of our water heater.

Description of Work
Our boiler stopped working and needed to be serviced.

Work Completed On 03/09/2019

12/08/2018

Ruth F.

Vitt's HVAC service tech was a experienced professional who listened to my concerns regarding my furnance's performance and what I thought the problem might be. He examined the complete unit, determined the cause of the problem and performed the necessary service. He worked quickly and cleaned up the area afterwards. He also was able to tell me how old the unit was because I did not know.

Description of Work
Furnace flue pipe was badly clogged and needed to be cleaned out.

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

08/30/2018

Marvin R.

It went well under the circumstances. I found out that day, that my water had been turned off without my knowledge by America Water, which made it impossible to hose down and clean the outdoors unit. They did their part so I was satisfied. It would have been outstanding if they were willing to come back out to complete the cleaning when water was turned back on, for a perhaps half the price ($49.99). They would only come back out for $89.99.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Tune up. Complete cleaning of lines and out door unit.

Cost $99.99

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

07/13/2018

Maxwell K.

Our A/C failed during a very hot spell in June 2018 in St. Louis. Many service providers we called would not come. We called Vitt and told Jeff, the scheduler, about our problem: we had an old furnace (>50 years old) and had the blower motor rebuilt recently by Commercial Electric. Jeff gave us his cell phone number should we decide to go with Vitt. When I had the blower motor fixed, it was in the trunk of my car. I called Jeff and he sent Vic out that day. Vic and Dave came and removed the blower motor from the car and carried it into the basement. The J box was missing from the motor, and the wires leading to it had been cut too short. Vic spoke to Commercial Electric to confirm the correct approach to fixing the wiring. He drilled a new hole to compensate for the shortened wires and moved the capacitor to protect it from touching the filters in the furnace. He checked the relay box and made sure that the furnace breaker was working. After the A/C was successfully turned on, Vic and Dave checked the condenser for heat and then hosed it off. Both men were polite and listened to my information on the history of the furnace and its problems. They asked me appropriate questions about previous service companies. They were patient about my concerns and knowledgeable regarding older furnaces. The bill was reasonable for service provided by 2 men.

Description of Work
Installation of blower motor for furnace and A/C

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

06/15/2018

Frances A.

Air conditioner was not cooling as the thermostat said it should be Had it set on 77 it wa reading 84 in house Vitt came and cleaned compressor and inspected it to make sure it was running properly. Got up next morning and both temperatures on thermostat were exactly the same as they should be 77 and 77 Did a great job!

Description of Work
Air conditioner cleaned and inspected

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

05/20/2018

Wanda N.

Real good. Then later I had this company install a new furnace. It was an emergency and they were right on it. Good company to hire .

Description of Work
Vitt worked on furnace.

Work Completed On 05/20/2018

05/16/2018

Bradley D.

Business must be good. Twice I requested an appointment to receive a quote for a AC and Furnace replacement. No follow-up what so ever. I can only imagine how this would have gone!

Description of Work
Replace AC and Furnace

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

[Member Name Removed] I apologise for the inconvenience, we have no messages from you on Angie's List, web or through our phone system. Can you please let us know how you reached out, so we can resolve this issue in the future?

03/19/2018

Roger T.

Great. After cleaning in November monthly bill was reduced compared to previous years and no problems from furnace all winter.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

03/14/2018

Carl E.

I called on a Monday afternoon to get an appointment setup for someone to come give me a bid on moving duct work in my basement. Told them my work is far away from my house so need to get it setup for first thing or last appointment. Got an appointment setup for Wednesday morning at 7am. I let work know I will be late that day because of this. On Wednesday nobody shows up at 7 so about 7:15 I call asking what is going on. Of course it went to a call center with no info so provided my number for someone to call me back. Finally at 7:35 I receive a call from Jeff Vitt saying he wasn't in the office yesterday and can either leave now (be about 1 hour late to the appointment) or reschedule. I told him I had already left for work after wasting 30 minutes of my time so no point in him showing up, and I choose not to reschedule because punctuality and professionalism are good signs of the type of company you would be dealing with. There are so many HVAC companies out there not worth wasting time dealing with ones that don't care enough to even check a calendar in a day and a half.

Description of Work
Was trying to get a bid on moving duct work in my basement

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

02/15/2018

J H F.

It went great. He recognized there was too much air in the lines. He did his thing and whala it worked. Am so happy we called Vitt, and they are tops on our list for repairs.

Description of Work
Have an old oil furnace that would not kick on. Our service person checked out all controls, belts, and everything else.

Work Completed On 02/15/2018