Streib Company

Missouri: General
09/30/2023

9225 Watson Industrial Park

Saint Louis, MO 63126

We are a full-service electric, media and security contractor in St. Louis, MO, built on a strong foundation of good old-fashioned work ethics. Our office hours are M-F 8-4:30, we offer after hours emergency service as well....

electrician (152)lighting (33)ceiling fan installation (17)HVAC Companies (5)landscape lighting (4)home remodeling (2)home theater installation (2)masonry (1)home inspection (1)

02/19/2022

Maureen K.

Great job. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I had 6 electrical projects done.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

03/18/2021

Tom E.

See above. We have to buy a new refrigerator because of the damage, but Justin gave us a complete evaluation.

Description of Work
Justin worked on a damaged refrigerator power cord. Moving guys ripped the cord out when they moved the refrigerator. Justin assessed the damage, determined that the damage could not be repaired, took pictures of the damaged cord and main circuit, wrote up the evaluation and emailed me the whole package. And no charge. Very professional. I would definitely recommend to anyone and will use again the future.

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

03/08/2021

Katherine S.

When our new dishwasher was delivered, the plumber informed us that our electric wasn't up to code so he couldn't install. Desperate for an electrician, we called Streib and they had someone to us within the hour. Carson was professional and wore a mask the whole time. We will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Rewiring under kitchen sink

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

01/09/2021

Arpita B.

We had 9 light fixtures changed, and lights changed to LEDs. Total LEDs changed were 4 in a large ceiling fixture, 2 in a hall, 9 in three bathroom and 10more in ceiling mounted lights. Casey did this and cleaned up in about 4 hours!!!! amazing! We will always use them.

Description of Work
Streib and Casey were amazing!

Cost $457.5

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

Thank you for the review. Casey is an great asset to our team. Let us know if we can help with anything else. Have a great day!

08/07/2020

Josh R.

Replace light switches, sockets, smoke detectors, and ceiling fan

Description of Work
Streib did a great job with the work performed. Rob was prompt, friendly, and easy to work with. I’ve hired Streib before with great results and I will again. Thanks!

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

07/21/2020

Steven W.

They had somebody there next day who was able to trouble shoot and fix in less than 2 hours. Total cost for parts and labor: $195

Description of Work
Work related to multiple outlets not working in basement and exterior that included power to security gate.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

01/16/2020

Aaron L.

Streib's estimate was just a little higher than that of another electrician who had invited me via Angie's List to do a quote, but then the other one failed to call back with an appointment time as they said they would, so I went with Streib based on reviews (they had more reviews than the other electrician, anyway, from being in business longer). Their electrician, Carson, happened to be in the neighborhood for another job and able to get to my job earlier than our original appointment, and I happened to be available too, so that worked out well for both of us. The bill ended up being a little more because the dryer's 3-prong power cord did not meet current electrical code and had to be replaced with a 4-prong one (which Carson ran down to Home Depot to pick up because I was having car trouble that morning!). He reminded me to check for a coupon on Angie's List (and, there was one). I would definitely hire Streib again.

Description of Work
Adding a 220-volt circuit and outlet for an electric clothes dryer

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

11/14/2019

Mary Anne P.

Technician efficiently found burned out neutral wire and replaced the outlet.

Description of Work
Replaced burned out receptacle.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Streib Company. We appreciate your business and if you need anything else in the future we would be glad to assist you again.

11/11/2019

Dennis J.

Arrived early, but required extra time to get light timer battery.

Description of Work
Light timer and light fixture repair.

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking time out to review Streib Company. Glad we could help you with your lights. Have a great day!

05/05/2019

Cynthia S.

I had a couple of issues with how the technician handled the billing n failed to explain a few things. I appreciated the discounted rate, but felt it didn't excuse the professionalism I expected.

Description of Work
Oulet installed

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

05/05/2019

Cynthia S.

I was not keen on their billing practices

Description of Work
Added electrical outlet for dryer

Work Completed On 01/25/2020

04/27/2019

pj J.

Eric has done work at my house before and I was impressed with him then and even more so this time because it was quite obvious he is quite knowledgeable about his work and he does wonderful work. I have an older house in the city and I'm really pleased to have an electrician I feel comfortable doing work on my home. I feel safe with the work that has been done.

Description of Work
Installed a Ring flood light camera and assisted with connecting it to my phone, installed a GFCI outlet for my dehumidifier and freezer in my basement to get them off the same circuit as my microwave, removed old ceiling fan and installed a new one and several other issues I wanted done were completed.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

04/05/2019

David K.

Excellent!!!! Streib Electric Co sent a young man by the name of Eric who was very knowledgeable and very polite. He did a outstanding job. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Exhaust Fan in Bathroom replaced

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. We appreciated your business and let us know if we can do anything else for you.

12/18/2018

David K.

Prompt scheduling, efficient service

Description of Work
replacement of ceiling light fixture

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. Streib prides itself on good customer service and we have great employees to help accomplish this. Have a good day!

09/13/2018

Claudette K.

Terrific. Professional polite efficient

Description of Work
New panel wiring and lamp post

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the review. Keep us mind if you have any other Media, Electric or Security needs. Have an awesome day!

08/13/2018

ANNE C.

The electrician was on time and has no problem fixing an electrical problem that was beyond my abilities. Kept the repair to under one hour and remembered to apply an Angie's List discount without my asking.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair low voltage outlet

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

Anne, Thank you for contacting Streib Company. Eric is awesome as are all of our techs. Keep us mind if you need any other Media, Electric or Security needs. Have an awesome day!

08/06/2018

Philip H.

The electrician arrived promptly and efficiently performed the work in spite of having very little clearance between the dropped ceiling and the floor joists.

Description of Work
I had them replace four fluorescent fixtures with LED fixtures with dimmers in the dropped ceiling in my basement family room. I also had them install a whole house surge protector.

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

Thank you for allowing Streib Company to take care of your electrical needs. I have forwarded your comments to our service manager so he could let Mike know that you appreciated his work. Let us know if we can do anything else for you. Have a great day!

07/23/2018

Paul S.

Perfectly. Repairman was prompt, knowledgeable and performed the repairs with no issues.

Description of Work
several small repairs

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

Thank you for allowing Streib Company to take care of your electrical needs. I have forwarded your comments to our service manager so he could let Dan know that you appreciated his work. Let us know if we can do anything else for you. Have a great day!

01/22/2018

Cathy P.

As expected, quickly and professionally handled

Description of Work
Installed a dedicated outlet for a sump pump

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

11/13/2017

Peter E.

They were fabulous. They moved quickly and cleanly. They answered any questions as they went. They asked questions to ensure they were doing the work as requested. Could not have been a better experience.

Description of Work
Look at wiring done by previous homeowner for safety; rewire current outlets and switches and install new ones.

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

10/26/2017

Donald C.

It went very well and we were satisfied with the service. A man from Ameren who looked at the damage caused by the electrical surge said that Streib Electric Co was a very good company.

Description of Work
The service man replaced wiring in our circuit breaker box damaged from an electrical surge due to downed wires from a branch falling on the electric lines due to a storm.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

08/02/2017

Jeanne C.

It went great. He located the wire that was not properly connected and repaired it.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan did not work.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

07/20/2017

Marilyn G.

I remember I thought their pricing was very reasonable. Just one person completed the work and he left the area very clean.

Description of Work
They installed some new bathroom exhaust fans.

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac