St Louis Radon

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2010

8661 Grant Rd Suite. C

Saint Louis, MO 63123

St. Louis Radon is a fully licensed, certified and insured Radon testing and mitigation company serving St. Louis, MO and all surrounding areas including Illinois. We are radon professionals, certified through the National Environmental Health Association, (AARST/NRPP), and members of the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists, (AARST). We carry general liability, workers compensation and pollution liability insurance. If you are in need of radon testing or radon mitigation services, or just have questions about radon, please contact us today or call us at 636-200-2875. "From a small scale-project to a major renovation, new construction or old home, business, school, church, or government building, - if it has radon, we can fix it, ."...

09/14/2019

James C M.

They took a 48 Hour Radon Gas Reading between August 20th and August 22nd, 2019. The reading was good.

Description of Work
Needed an updated Radon Gas Reading to make sure my mitigation system was working as it should.

Category radon testing

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Much appreciated!

02/12/2019

Craig W.

We had a 30 year old radon system with thin-walled pipe that leaked from condensation in cool weather. The original installer was no longer in business and my research led me to St. Louis Radon Testing and Mitigation. In an attempt to save me money, employees Mark and Jason tried re-gluing the original pipes. When the old pipe continued to leak and the levels were unsatisfactory, they installed a new system and made adjustments until the mitigation was successful. Tom, Mark, and Jason were wonderful to deal with. I strongly recommend SLRT&M.

Description of Work
Replace aging, leaky, improperly installed, and ineffective radon mitigation system

Category radon testing

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our employees take a great deal of pride in their work and positive reviews mean a lot to them. I will pass this along. Thank you for your business!

06/13/2018

Kenneth K.

Very pleased with project. Tom was extremely knowledgeable and prepared a plan which took into account a tricky basement design. Installers were efficient, courteous and kept me well informed throughout the process.

Description of Work
Radon Remediation

Category radon testing

Thank you very much for the positive review. It was great working with you and nice to see the final product exactly as planned, didn't have a 1/4 inch to spare.

06/02/2018

Cynthia L A.

We had St. Louis Radon install a system. They were great to work with. We were able to schedule a convenient time within two weeks. They showed up on time, were very professional and efficient. They were here for about an hour and a half. They cleaned up thoroughly. They provided good information in answer to our questions. They then left a radon detection device to check the level after the installation.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation system installed

Category radon testing

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We take great satisfaction in knowing that are customers are satisfied with our work.

05/03/2018

Marcie B.

Professional and dependable. Will definitely refer to family and friends.

Description of Work
Radon Test in My New Home

Category radon testing

We appreciate your business and are happy you were pleased with our service.

12/12/2017

Deborah C.

Two young men showed up to do the work. They both went to the basement, looked around and started drilling through the concrete foundation. Then one went outside. He found that where they drilled through the foundation was directly behind a large, 20-year-old flowering bush. They took it upon themselves to cut down the bush and throw it into the backyard. I was home and talking with them the entire time. Not once did anyone mention that they cut down a bush that I had moved to this location because of the sentimental value to my family! I went out to see what this contraption looked like, never having seen one, after I had paid and was told everything went well with the installation. When I saw my bush laying in the backyard and the sawed off stump, in front of the ugly pipe and thing they installed I was furious. When I called the company, it took many calls to get to someone who would talk with me. When I did reach the person in charge, he told me that had never happened before in all of his years, and was I sure they had done it. Then he said he was sorry, and started to hang up! I asked what he intended to do and he offered to replace the bush in the spring, (I was selling the house) or what did I think was a fair price. I told him $100, and he offered only $50. Then when I didn't get my refund check for several weeks I started calling again. When I was finally able to get the call answered, they repeatedly said the check was in the mail! It was not until I threatened to go to the media that my check arrived several days later. Very stupid and shady people.

Description of Work
Radon Remeadiation

Category radon testing

We appreciate your review because we are also disappointed how this has unfolded. I am sorry for your negative experience with our company. While an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mention, especially with the removal of the bush. This is not acceptable and we have addressed it with our crew leader. We're normally known for great workmanship and customer service, and we regret that we missed the mark. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me at 636-200-2875. Cherie Summa

10/13/2017

Chad R.

Unit didn't measure for entire time. They never contacted me with results. I had to call them weeks later.

Description of Work
Radon reading for basement

06/22/2017

Beverly S.

It went very well. They were friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone needing their service.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation system installed.

05/30/2017

Tom A.

Everything went well. They performed the job in just a couple hours and reduced the radon level from 7.8 to .4!

Description of Work
Needed to have the house mitigated before selling.

Category radon testing

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a positive review of our company. Nice to see the radon drop so low.

04/12/2017

Margaux G.

Overall it was good but the company had a series of mishaps that caused me to lose a day of work waiting for them and they didn't make their appointment. They should watch the weather and call appointments for the day to warm them if inclement weather was going to be an issue. They also had a vehicle break down or something too. I don't know. They weren't very apologetic about it either.

Description of Work
Had Radon levels tested and mitigation system installed.

Category radon testing

Thank you for the honest review. I wish we would have been able to make the original appointment. I fully understand the frustration and remain sympathetic to the inconvenience, especially while typing this note back to you. If we have to reschedule an appointment it is never taken lightly, it is a last resort and only if we are left without other options. Thank you for taking the time to write and highlight the need for excellence in every aspect of what we do. Thank you also for giving us high marks in quality, we give our best every time.

03/30/2017

Christine P.

I spoke to Cherie and St Louis Radon and she was extremely helpful. She asked me many questions about our system and where we were and were not seeing the mold. She had me send her some pictures and was then able to tell us that it was likely mildew due to condensation in a hot garage over time. She could have tried to convince me that I needed a whole system replacement, but she did not try to sell me something I didn't need. That level of professionalism and trust is priceless. Thank you!!

Description of Work
I called St Louis Radon because we have an existing mitigation system that was in our home when we bought it and I had noticed what I thought could be black mold growing on the outside of the system in the garage.

Category radon testing

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I appreciate your comments to let members know that we put service before selling. A fair amount of calls come in with general concerns and curiosity about Radon and the methods for gas reduction. In this case, very likely the cool air within the radon system created condensation on the pipe because of the warmer exterior air, (think cool glass of water on a hot day). Some of the older systems were designed with thinner wall pipe. Often these systems will collect dust in the condensation and or begin to show signs of light mildew. Most of the time a general purpose household cleaner, or bathroom cleanser is a good answer to the problem.

03/29/2017

LINDA H.

Both John and Rick were professional and efficient in their installation of the system. I had several questions that they answered to my satisfaction and they left everything clean and in order. I asked my real estate agent to use St. Louis Radon after she suggested several others. I have relied on Angie's List for years and have never been disappointed. This company is an excellent example of how a business should operate...with integrity, professionalism, efficiency and knowledgeable employees who take the time to explain what they have done.

Description of Work
Had a radon reduction system installed after reading came back 4.9.

Category radon testing

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Angies List., I will share your comments with both John and Rick.

03/21/2017

Mary B.

Very professional and efficient. Work was completed in a timely manner. Very pleasant employees. Everything went well. Mitigating system installation took about four hours. They had to drill a hole in basement, complete wiring, install outside pipe, and put a new lid on sump pump. They explained things well beforehand, on the day they came here. They tested the radon afterwards for a couple of days and it had gone down considerably.

Description of Work
Radon mitigating system

Category radon testing

Thank you very much for the positive review. Great outline of the project. We do our best every time.

02/13/2017

Barbara F.

Very professional and helpful. They explained the process.

Description of Work
First time we used them.

Category radon testing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

02/13/2017

Barbara F.

They were great! I used the special for $69 per house. We were concerned with radon levels in the home. We plan to use them to mitigate the radon in one of the houses that tested very high.

Description of Work
They came out and tested the radon levels in both houses.

Category radon testing

Thank you for posting the review!

01/30/2017

Ann S.

Went very well. They were here when they said they would be and were very informative and professional.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Category radon testing

Thank you for mentioning that were were informative as well as professional. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our company.

01/21/2017

Catherine F.

They put in their mitigation system. They tested again, and I did not quite pass. So they were willing to work with me and had me do a bunch things to keep the price down. Most home owners wouldn't want to crawl around and do what I did.

Description of Work
They tested for radon.

12/06/2016

Steve O.

Very good job. Both workers were professional and did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Radon Remediation

08/24/2016

Susan A.

I was very pleased with the work. The employees were prompt, professional and helpful. Everything was explained clearly to me and they worked with me to find the least obtrusive place for the system. The work looks good and everything was cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
Radon testing and mitigation

08/22/2016

Susan A.

I was pleased with the service and results. Everything was explained to me clearly. They were prompt, professional, thorough, and cleaned up the work areas.

Description of Work
Radon test and mitigation.

08/15/2016

Stephanie B.

It went great. They set up the test in our basement. They were easy to communicate with, punctual, and organized. We'd recommend them.

Description of Work
We needed a radon test performed.

06/14/2016

Amanda V.

We originally purchased a continuous radon test deal from Angies List (from this company) after hearing our neighbors had very high readings. After ours came back slightly elevated, we felt it was best to get the mitigation system installed. From start to finish everyone in this company was courteous and professional. The guys got here yesterday to install and they were done in just a couple hours. They ran it from the basement, through garage, and out roof on a side that you can't see from the front of the house. This was the middle of the road on pricing quotes we got, but after seeing a neighbors who was only $100 less, run outside along the side of their home (and you can see it from the street) we decided to go with St. Louis Radon. We are happy we did! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Installed radon mitigation system in my home.

03/26/2016

Jeffery S.

In 2 hours had system installed. The installers were professional and upon departure the entire area was left cleaner then when they arrived. We used them at the recommendation of our Realtor and couldn't be more impressed. We were selling our home and a test was done showing levels as high as 8 with 4 being the most acceptable. Yes, we had twice the level considered ok. Once the system was installed the test was done again and the highest level recorded over 48 hours was 1.0 and that was only twice during the 48 hour test after installation of the system. The overall average for the 48 hours was .03! I never would have guessed the system could work that well. I was so impressed that I just purchased an offer for Radon testing with St. Louis Radon for a test to be completed in our new home. If you want the job done professionally and accurately you can't go wrong with St. Louis Radon!!!

Description of Work
Installed Radon Reduction System

Category radon testing

Brilliant! Thank you - great review! Will call you in just a minute to talk about your new home!

03/21/2016

Erin R.

They finished the entire installation in one day, left a very clean and professional-looking system in place, incorporated into our sump pump, and we've had no problems with it since. It maintains a good vacuum and is almost inaudible, plus the vent is well out of the way on the outside of our home.

Description of Work
When we were in the process of buying our home, a different radon testing firm detected radon levels high enough to warrant mitigation. We asked Freddie Mac to pay for it, and our realtor recommended St. Louis Radon for the mitigation.

Category radon testing

Thank you very much for the positive comments and taking the time to review our company on Angies List. You are the first person to mention Freddie Mac, which may help other people in the buying process. Thank you very much!

03/08/2016

Bob C.

I am not a big reviewer so I will keep this short and sweet. They talked about my situation helped me choose a slightly larger pipe than a standard install and completed the job fast. They charged exactly what the quote said, were very clean and professional. My entire neighborhood has Radon issues and many before and after me have used them and all have said the same thing....100% top notch.

Description of Work
Tested radon levels and installed Radon mitigation system.

Category radon testing

Just brilliant - Thank you very much for the solid review and the statement about having the same positive comments come back from all of your neighbors - Thank you very much!

Proper Environmental

Proper Environmental is a local, family owned radon testing and mitigation business. As a member of the National Radon Defense network, we have exclusive access to products unavailable anywhere else in the St. Louis area to further reduce Radon Decay Product in your home! Having families of our own, we understand the importance of keeping one's home a safe and healthy place to live. Our certified technicians install the highest quality in mitigation systems to ensure maximum radon reduction while maintaining a high standard of quality and aesthetics. Our systems start at $899 and are custom to your home. The System Design Specialist is happy to take you step by step to ensure you get the right system for your specific needs. We pride ourselves on exceptional quality backed by added assurance and offer a complimentary 5 year guarantee on your system. We would love to give you the peace of mind knowing that the air you breathe in your home is safe and clean for you and your family.

Quacker's Waterproofing & Basement Repair, LLC

Quacker's Waterproofing & Basement Repair has been family owned and operated since 2001. No subcontractors or commissioned sales people are used. Cost is determined by the job. Due to our experience installing waterproofing systems, fixing foundations as well as our Radon testing and mitigation experience gives us the skill sets to install Radon resistance waterproofing systems. Most of our competitors don't have this combination of skill sets there before may waterproofing systems that are installed can potentially contribute to elevated radon levels in their customer's home. We can solve most foundation/basement problems as well as improve our clients indoor air quality which is a very high priority for us. It is our commitment and responsibility to insure our customers have healthy homes and we are do nothing to compromise that. We are not tied to or required to use any propriety systems or products that many companies are vested in. We use the systems and products that we feel provide the best solution for our client's problem. For customers who want a more finished look than a normal crack injection, we offer a special surface seal that can be removed from the surface of the wall after a crack is injected leaving only the repaired crack line visible. We can also paint the basement walls to make both crack repairs and carbon fiber repairs much less visible. In addition to radon testing and mitigation we really are positioned to be a one stop shop. There are several brand name products and systems we use on a regular basis. "Fortress Stabilization" carbon fiber wall stabilization products, "Stabilizer" top and bottom adjustable I-beam brackets used with vertical I-beams for wall stabilization, and "Kryton" crystalline waterproofing products used when crack injection and other waterproofing methods will not be effective, We also use "RadonAway" radon mitigation fans for all of our radon mitigation system installation. Due to our experience repairing foundation wall cracks many times we can provide an accurate repair price over the phone with just a good discription from the client or a clear picture of the crack.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Discover

Radon testing, measurement & reduction.