RELIABLE HOME REPAIR

Founded 1934 • With Angi since May 2005

9806 S BROADWAY

Saint Louis, MO 63125

55 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE. ANOTHER CONTACT NAME IS: Karen Lester...

12/11/2013

Max L.

Description of Work
Stopped leaks in basement by installing drainage system where floor meets the wall including sump pump.

Category plumbing, wells

08/31/2013

Brenda P.

Started when promised, when found addition work notified before start. Clean up when finished.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement, outside concrete work.

Category basement waterproofing

06/21/2013

Michael K.

The work performed in the interior room was really good quality. However if there was even the smallest detail not listed on the work order they blow right over it. Good customer service would have been to point out something minor and fix it as you completed the rest of the work. I feel that is what a professional should do when working with someone that is not a professional in the field. The work on the porch however was a little disappointing. Had to have them come back three times to fix their work. Two of the times were because they had the wood crowned wrong on a railing. To be honest the third time was due to the board shrinking up more than planned, not really their fault. I would rehire them for work as they did do good work over all and did not hesitate to fix or repair anything that was pointed out to them.

Description of Work
Repaired front porch and dry walled and painted an interior room.

Category masonry

08/17/2012

Louise & Edward H.

The only reason for a "B" in price is because it was a little more than I wanted to pay, but I'm sure glad I did.

Description of Work
Repaired large cracks in ceiling, painted ceiling and walls in living rooms, kitchen, family room, dining rooms, hallway, bathroom, and laundry room. Repaired damage to laundry room and garage.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

08/09/2012

Verle S.

I think that the above pretty much covers it. I am the engineer/ owner that had the work done and I never saw any gaskets. All the so-called plumber did was show me the valve handles that he cleaned. Not sure what he used for new washers or gaskets, tissure paper maybe. The response is inaccurate at best and untrue as well.

Description of Work
They did basement waterproofing and that work was okay but we had to have them out more than once to fix several items and that was like pulling teeth. They also did some insulating work in the basement and that was okay. The one real problem that we had was with some plumbing and I asked for nearly 13 valves to have new gaskets and packing put in the valves. As far as I can tell all the man did was break the valves loose so they would turn and cleaned them up but no other work was done. When I tried to use the valves which are shut off valves they did not stop any water at all which tells me that no gaskets were replaced. I did not try to get them back to redo the work because of the aggravation and I would not use them again for anything.

Category decks, electrician, masonry, plumbing, basement waterproofing

Only one service call request was made on work on 2/25/12 by the daughter and son in law. Requested service was on leaking wall cracks, which were not part of the contracted work from 10/25/11, however the owner agreed to repair 12 wall cracks that were not leaking free of charge. Added work was proposed but declined. The basement drain tile system is designed to keep the floor dry and any wall seepage to drain into the system but will not keep walls from cracking or leaking. Service on these wall cracks was scheduled for 3/8/12 but our worker was unable to finish front wall due to the ground being too wet to apply the material to the crack and thoroseal the wall properly. We returned on 4/10/12 and completed this work. This foundation had significant movement and cracking therefore the company installed 10 angle iron wall braces to prevent further movement. As far as the 13 gaskets are concerned our plumber replaced all 13 and he was shown as the work proceeded. The member is a retired engineer and is very knowledgeable of what work was required and performed. It is in our opinion that his son in law wrote this review about the work that was done.

02/03/2012

Paul K.

They were spectacular.

Description of Work
They cleaned our gutters.

Category gutter repair

11/22/2011

Jessica M.

They have two company names and ndash; Reliable Home Repair and Certified Waterproofing. I just call them anytime I have some house work. We have got a very old house and they have helped divide it. They have done so many things for us in both of our houses. They have even done work on my grandmother's house. They have pretty much done it all. What stands out most is their professionalism. I understand that they cannot do all the work themselves and that they work with other groups too. Brian, the main person I worked with from the company, has been fantastic and their office staff is fantastic too. I know that they are not the cheapest but I also think that they are worth it. They are also not the most expensive either. They are very fair. I have watched them work with my grandmother and they are great working with older people. She can be a little sensitive and they were so professional. She was a little nervous about having someone in her house and they were great.

Description of Work
Reliable Home Repair ripped out all the old electric work and put in new wiring in the whole house. They took out all the old plumbing and replaced it with copper stuff. They rebuilt brick walkways and a brick porch and tuck pointed a majority of the house. They did some interior plaster repair. They pulled out some of the radiators and plastered behind them. They fixed another radiator upstairs. They have done tuck pointing, plumbing, electric work, painting, plastering and roofing. They waterproofed the basement in my other house.

Category decks, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, masonry, plastering, plumbing, roofing, basement waterproofing, interior painters

12/17/2010

Robert J.

They did a great job and everyone in the crew was very polite and courteous. They were really focused on customer care unlike so many businesses we have contacted to perform work on our home. It was bitter cold but they showed up and did their work.

Description of Work
they tuck pointed our entire three story brick home and painted the wood eaves.

Category masonry

06/25/2010

ZAKI M.

Reliable showed up on time for the walk through but did not submit a bid. We called the office several times to find out when the bid would be submitted and were told each time that they would get back to us. Never received a return call.

Description of Work
Although no services were performed, Reliable was asked to give an estimate for a variety of misc. work including repairing a stair, tear out of old bathroom floor and install of tile, bathtub caulking etc.

04/28/2010

Kathryn K.

I think that we felt mostly satisfied with the experiences we had with them. It wasn't a perfect experience, though.

Description of Work
They replaced a faucet on our front porch, did masonry work on the back, did a a renovation of a two-floor deck, did exterior painting, replaced a rail, and did other work.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, deck cleaning, house painters

I'm sorry that is wasn't a perfect experience for you. I hope that if you ever have any other needs you decide to choose us so we can make up for our past mistakes. We really appreciate your business though and if you ever need anything do not hesitate to call.

11/19/2009

Sean H.

They were quite good. They came out on time and they gave me a quote. They had to call me later but they did not call me. I received a mail from them 2 days later.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate to do the repair work.

Category handyman service

Thank you and we hope to do more business with you soon.

08/18/2009

SYMA W.

They replaced the room in 2006 and they did a horrible job. My roof has leaked every year after that after a heavy rain. They have come out and "fixed it" every year. If I have problems within my roofing structure, it will be their fault. The roof has leaked again. I am VERY angry. I have had another contractor go out and there are 3 major cracks again. They used roofing cement which is the wrong stuff to use. I cannot say any worse things about this company. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced a flat roof.

We are so sorry for the Inconvenience this member but we experience this problem alot with customer's who only decide to patch their roof rather than have a new one put on. Patching a roof will only solve the problem for a limited time. I noticed that this was also a rental property. The best fix for this problem would have been to put a new roof on rather than patching it for a short term solution. We are deeply sorry that this did not work out for you. If you would ever like to get the roof replaced please give us a call. Thanks.

07/17/2009

JULIE D.

The woman who answered the phone was polite and helpful. I specifically asked to meet with the repairman and I was told that is no problem - that is how they operate. I was pleased to get an appointment within two days of my call for 5:30pm at my home, and I was told someone from the office would call me at 5 pm to give me the name of the workman who would come out. On the day of the appointment I did not receive a call, and no one showed up. At 6:30 (an hour after the appointment) I received a phone call from the workman who had decided to come by my home earlier in the day, since he was in the area and that was more convenient for him (those were his words). When I said that I had been waiting an hour for him to arrive he did not apologize, just repeated that he had come out earlier since he was in the area, as if that explained everything. The estimate for painting three gables on a single-story house and a single-car garage door was $1600. This is $1000 higher than an estimate from a painting company I received the day before. The estimate for replacing 10' of gutter and adding a downspout was $800. This included burying the downspout extension in a 10' trench - an option I declined but he put it in the bid anyway stating "that's what would have to be done." All of my neighbors drain their downspout water away from the house quite effectively without burying the downspout, so I disagree with this opinion. I would have appreciated having the workman actually address my preferences. I called the office the next morning to see if these estimates were considered accurate for this work. I was told the owner would call me. Seven hours later I finally received a call - not from the owner but from the same workman. He stood by his estimates so I will not be using this company.

Description of Work
I requested a workman to come to my house and provide an estimate for a small exterior painting job and a gutter repair/replacement.

Category handyman service

I apologize for how the appointment was handled by inspector, it is our normal practice to call half hour before and then meet with the customer at their house. We have handled this mistake by our inspector and all we can do is apologize for the late call and no show. As far as the pricing our man discussed this job and measurements with the owner and was told to call and see if there was something that could be worked out to explain the difference. I understand that our prices may have been higher but not all companies can work at same rates. We are competitive with most companies but we know there is always a price difference in size of companies and whether they are insured and bonded. The complaint stated she waited seven hours to get a call back, our owner does not stay in the office and usually is gone most of the day on calls himself. We wish this customer the best of luck on finding the right company to handle her job and hope that she would consider giving us another chance in the future so we may show her that our company is Reliable. Thanks

04/01/2008

Melanie J.

It took them a long time to respond to tell us that they did not service our area.

Description of Work
We had some squeaks and dips in our floor, and rattling pipes below my daughter's room.

Category plumbing

We try to respond to each and every call in a timely manner, we do cover only areas within our map area.

08/15/2007

MORIAH B.

Very prompt response to initial call for estimate. He was able to give us an estimate within a week and completed the work within another two weeks. The railing is a good match and the area was, so clean after the job that we almost didn't even notice they had done the work.

Description of Work
Removed old, rusty wrought iron railing on front porch of house and replaced with new railing.

Category handyman service, wrought iron

06/21/2007

MAURA M.

Very pleased with the work that they did.

Description of Work
Had some tuck pointing and electrical work.

Category electrician, handyman service, masonry

01/06/2007

PETER M.

Did a good job. It has been four months since the work was done and the porch looks fine and does not leak.

Description of Work
SUMMARY: Repair two-story concrete porch and supporting iron columns. THE PROBLEM: 1. The upper concrete deck of this two-story porch has a crack. This has allowed water in, causing damage to the concrete on the underside of the upper deck. 2. A portion of the ironwork that supports the upper deck is rusted, and may need repair or replacement. SCOPE OF WORK: 1. Clean upper deck and seal crack (the A/C unit will need to be shifted while doing this). 2. Clean lower deck (no cracks were noted here). 3. Repair spalled concrete on the underside of the upper and lower decks. 4. Replace or repair rusted ironwork. 5. Paint all iron work. 6. Apply waterproof paint to upper and lower decks. Paint ceiling of lower porch and steps to match.

Category concrete repair, handyman service, remodeling, wrought iron, house painters

07/24/2006

CHARLES T.

Cost 6000 more than first estmont but hard more problems than first thought.

Description of Work
Tore off old roof on 4 car garage.Replaced rafters, plywood.Installed rubber roof and guttering.

05/11/2006

SYMA W.

Very quick job. They were $900 cheaper than the other bids I had. I cannot see the roof because it is on a second floor and flat. So, I cannot tell you if they did a good job. They came to the house to pick up the check and gave me a lean waiver.

Description of Work
Re-roofed a flat roof.

11/05/2005

L F S.

I CALLED THIS COMPANY AS THEY WERE ONLY 3 MILES AWAY. (ONLY 1 A REPORT). THEY PROMPTLY CALLED BACK TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT AND WERE ALSO ON TIME FOR THE APPOINTMENT. I SHOWED THE GENTLEMEN ALL OF THE ITEMS I NEEDED HELP WITH. I WALKED HIM TO HIS VEHICLE AND TO MY SURPRISE HE SAID, "HOW ABOUT $2900?" HE TOOK ME BY SURPRISE AND I HAD TO SAY I WAS GETTING OTHER QUOTES. HE WAS LIKE $1900 HIGHER THAN THE COMPANY I SELECTED.

Description of Work
NEEDED AN ESTIMATE ON REBUILDING A CAT HOUSE, INSTALLING AN OUTDOOR OUTLET, REPLACING A MAIL BOX, REPLACING AN INDOOR OUTLET, MOUNTING PEG BOARD IN THE GARAGE, REPLACING A PIECE OF WOOD ON STORAGE UNIT IN BASEMENT, PUTTING SET OF WALL SLIDING DOORS BACK ON TRACK, PATCHING AND PAINTING A SKY LIGHT (MY PAINT), INSTALLING 2 CEILING FANS AND CUTTING OUT 3 DRAWERS IN A COMPUTER CABINET AND MOUNTING SIDE PANELS IN SAME.

10/31/2005

JOAN H.

THE ESTIMATE WAS SCHEDULED ON A WEDNESDAY EVENING. THE WORK WAS STARTED THE NEXT DAY AND WAS DONE BY THE WEEKEND. VERY PROFESSIONAL, PLEASANT PEOPLE. GOOD CLEAN UP OF THE AREA. THE WORK LOOKS GREAT.

Description of Work
TUCK POINTING (WHOLE FRONT), FIXING GUTTERS, SEALING AREA WHERE CONCRETE DRIVEWAY MEETS THE HOUSE.

Category concrete driveways, gutter repair, handyman service

06/17/2005

CHRIS G.

CLEANED UP and HAULED MATERIALS AWAY, WORKERS WERE FRIENDLY and PROFESSIONAL. WORK WAS DONE IN A SHORT TIME, THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WE HAVE USED RELIABLE and HAVE NO QUESTIONS THAT THEY DO GOOD WORK. JIM BAZIKIS ALWAYS TAKES GOOD CARE OF US.

Description of Work
MULT CATEGORIES SCRAPED, PREPPED & PAINTED DECORATIVE ROOF SUPPORTS ON FRONT PORCH. APPLIED HEAVY COAT OF MARINE VARNISH & POLYURATHENE TO CEILING. CAULKED PORCH COVE. PREPPED & SCRAPED EXPOSED LINTELS OVER WINDOW & DOOR OPENINGS. PRIMED, PAINTED & CAULKED AS NEEDED. CLEANED GUTTERS & SECIRED TO FACIA BORADS. FURNISHED & INSTALLED GROVER HANGERS & RE-ANCHORED GUTTER BOARDS. REPLACED MISSING SECTION OF DOWNSPOUT & SECURED. CUT OUT DRIVEWAY 25 FT TO YARD FROM DOWNSPOUT INSTALLATION. NEW PVC CHAIN LINE HOOK UP TO DOWNSPOUTS & BACK-FILLED. CAULKED FOUNDATION CRACKS UPON GRADE. REMOVED GARAGE DOOR & REPLACED WITH STEEL DOOR. CAPPED SERVICE DOOR WITH WOOD TRIM & WHITE ALUMINUM COIL STOCK . CAULKED,SCRAPED & PAINTED SERVICE DOOR. TUCKPOINTED ALL POP-OUTS AROUND ENTIRE HOUSE. TORE OUT & HAULED AWAY CONCRETE SLAB. LAID A NEW SLAB AND ANOTHER SMALL SLAB IN FRONT. PREPPED DRIVEWAY, REMOVED LOOSE PIECES & POWER SWEPT. LAID 2 INCHES OF ASPHALT OVER DRIVEWAY & SEALED.

06/01/2005

EMILY S.

THEY WERE PROBABLY A LAST RESORT AND THEY CAME AND DID THE WORK WITHIN A DAY. THEY CAME WHEN NOBODY ELSE WOULD. THEY WERE ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE, THOUGH I HAD NOBODY ELSE TO DO IT.

Description of Work
THEY RE-ROOFED MY HOUSE AND DID SOME TUCKPOINTING.

05/23/2005

THE PEOPLE WERE VERY SELF CONSCIENTIOUS OF THEIR WORK, THEY WERE HERE WITHIN A WEEK OR A WEEK AND A HALF OF OUR GETTING THE ESTIMATE. THEY CALLED BEFORE THEY CAME AND SAID WHEN THEY WOULD BE HERE AND ARRIVED ON TIME. IF YOU CALL ASK FOR JIM BAZIKY. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WE HAVE HAD THEM

Description of Work
THEY RESURFACED MY BLACK TOP DRIVEWAY, REPLACES MY GARAGE SERVICE DOOR AND PUT SIDING ON THE SERVICE DOOR FRAME AND INSTALLED A LOCK, THE BACK OF THE GARAGE WAS SIDED, THEY CHECKED ALL OF THE GUTTERS AND DID SOME REPAIRS, PAINTED THE UPRIGHTS OF OUR PORCH AND DID SOME STAINING ON THE CEILING. THEY CLEANED OFF THE RUST ON THE TOPS OUR DOORS AND WINDOWS, TUCK POINTED WHERE NEEDED, THEY INSTALLED A DRAINAGE PIPE UNDER THE DRIVEWAY WHICH WAS AT LEAST 25 FT LONG, THEY REPLACE A 3 X 3 CONCRETE STOOP ON THE BACK OF THE HOUSE, THEY ALSO REPLACED A CONCRETE SLAB ON THE FRONT WALK. THERE WERE SOME HAIR LINE CRACKS IN THE FOUNDATION AND THE FILLED (CAULKED) THEM IN.