Outdoor Living Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since October 2004

845 Holmes Ave

Saint Louis, MO 63122

St. Louis leader in outdoor living products for decking, fencing, railing, outdoor kitchens, gazebos, and shade structures....

08/12/2021

MARY M.

We were satisfied with the deck, but it later needed repair under the warranty. They did cover both repairs and it looks great now.

Description of Work
Deck installation 2019

01/12/2017

Marcia M.

Outdoor Living did a fabulous job on our covered deck and we are very pleased with their work. We did have to wait three months after signing the contract and they were a month later than promised on the start date but once they started they were here every day right at 7am and worked hard all day for three weeks to get he job done. They cleaned up every day and were pleasant to work with. We had contacted another company for a quote before calling Outdoor Living and after they rescheduled our appt three times and then just didn’t show up on the forth, we decided to go with a bigger company even if it meant paying more. We are so glad we did. They do a quality job that will increase our home’s value.

Description of Work
Took down our old deck and hauled it away and then put a covered deck with ceiling fan on to the house.

11/07/2016

Marcia M.

We hired Outdoor Living to after having another contractor break 5 appointments. We decided that they were so prompt and professional that we didn't compare prices anywhere else. They were pretty booked up and so we had to wait for about 3 months to start but since they started they have been here promptly at 7 each morning and worked hard all day long. They don't juggle you between other job- they just keep working until the work is done. The quality of the workmanship is excellent. They have done a beautiful job.

Description of Work
We had a large cedar covered deck attached to our house with electrical power and a hardwood ceiling that were extra on the basic cost.

05/17/2016

CAROL H.

They did an excellent job. Quite happy with results. I had meant to have only steps replaced, so project was expanded way over what I originally intended. However, I am definitely not complaining! I am "aging in place" so wanted safety and quality. Plus, it complements my house. If you had not seen the porch previously, you would never know it was an "add on".

Description of Work
Replaced steps, flooring, railing of concrete porch with brick railing, with composite material. Step treads wider/deeper for safety, Two stair rails where there was one that had been broken. Aluminum porch railing when it was brick before.

12/06/2014

Bryan C.

The gang did an outstanding job designing and building our deck. We absolutely love this new addition to our home and are very glad we selected Outdoor Living. We worked with Bill and he was very professional. My only complaint was that the project took quite a bit longer than I was originally told, but the end result was certainly worth the wait. About six months after the install there was some issues with the railing. I emailed Bill and the crew was out later that week to take care of my issues to my satisfaction. I recommend Outdoor living without hesitation.

Description of Work
Outdoor living designed and built our deck.

08/18/2014

Barbara W.

We didn't use him. He was really good. They were really nice. I liked the way the guys handled it. They were women-friendly. They explained what they were going to do. They showed me the outlay of the porch and the stairs that I wanted done. They were really good at that stuff.

Description of Work
I've dealt with them. They gave me a bid for the deck itself and the stairs as well as the bannisters.

07/21/2014

RICK N.

After losing a large tree in the backyard, we decided that we wanted a pergola over part of our paver patio for shade. We contacted several companies and finally selected Outdoor Living. After much consideration, we decided to go with vinyl over cedar or treated due to the much lower maintenance. The sales process was straightforward, with no pressure. The salesperson, Dave, was knowledgeable and responsive, in spite of some family health issues, and was good to work with. We put 1/3 down to get on the schedule. It was somewhat open-ended on the date, but construction started within about 6 weeks, which was not an issue. It took part of a day to dig the footings, then waited for inspection the following day. Took two more days to do the installation. The crews were professional and easy to have around. We are very happy with our pergola and the entire experience working with Outdoor Living. We were a bit antsy waiting to get the installation scheduled, but the process was just as described prior to signing the contract. We are happy to recommend OLI for consideration to anyone in the area considering a similar project.

Description of Work
Install vinyl pergola

Category decks,sunrooms

05/30/2014

Jimmie R.

In September 2013, I noticed the Masonite finish under the dining room bay was bubbling up so I decided to remove and replace it. When I removed the Masonite I discovered water stains on the pressboard that was underneath. In some places it was so bad I was able to pull off pieces with my hands. After removing the pressboard I discovered some significant damage (rot and mold) on the rim board that is attached to the end of the floor joists. It became apparent that water intrusion had occurred between where the deck attached to the rim board and had been doing so for some time. Concerned with the possibility of potential structural damage, I called Outdoor Living to have them take a look at the problem. After some back and forth about whether this was the builder’s issue or in fact a problem with the flashing when the deck was installed, the owner, Pat Leahy, came out to take a look for himself. It didn’t take him long to say it was hard to tell when the problem originated, but it wasn’t right and they would fix it. I was upfront with them that the deck itself was out of warranty by a few months, but Pat said they would take care of it in between jobs. Unfortunately, the weather didn’t cooperate this past winter so work did not start until April 2014. I received a call one day that they were ready to do the repairs (just before I was going to call them). They stuck to the agreed to scheduled date and the construction foreman along with one of his experienced carpenters showed up to do the work. They removed the sliding glass door and properly installed flashing under the door and over the rim board so water would no longer penetrate the rim board. I couldn’t convince them that the rim board needed to be replaced since it was not really supporting the deck. Two posts with their own rim board which attached to the weakened rim board provided the primary deck support. They also noticed that one of the stair rail supports had cracked and replaced it without me even asking. It has been about six weeks now and no water leaks have reappeared. I am very pleased with the skill and professionalism of the crew that did the work and I appreciate Pat Leahy taking responsibility for the problem and following through to “make it right”. It’s that kind of customer service, years after the sale, that will bring me back to Outdoor Living in the future and to encourage others to consider them for their products and services.

Description of Work
Outdoor Living stood behind their work. Even after the warranty period had expired.

03/10/2014

Linda W.

They were very professional. Their show room has so many samples and things to look at. It was just great. I never knew that there were so many kinds of decks. We got to custom pick our deck. We got to pick out what we wanted on the floor parts and rails. They have all kinds of rails, posts, with lights, and without lights. It was just a really fun experience, and it looks gorgeous. They were out there when they said they would. They were done in three days. It was just a very good experience. The people we came in contact with were very professional. They definitely knew what they were talking about. Deck is what they do, and that is what they know. I think it is better to go to a deck place than to some general contractor. The price was fine.

Description of Work
Outdoor Living Inc. put a deck on my house.

06/02/2013

Donna W.

Despite several delays caused by the weather we had this spring (!), the crew was on the job on every day they could possibly get any work done. They kindly tidied up at the end of every day. They also had the good sense to come to us with questions when they had them, rather than making assumptions about what to do. It took awhile to finish the job because of the weather, but the results are worth it! Our deck and screened-in porch are beautiful. We will certainly suggest Outdoor Living to anyone who asks for a recommendation.

Description of Work
Replaced old deck and screened-in porch.

Category decks,sunrooms

Right now plumbing

Right now plumbing has been providing services for the past 20+ years to the service areas of St. Louis city St. Louis County Saint Charles Saint peters. We provide the services of plumbing code corrections HVAC and electrical.

Exceptional Electric

Exceptional Electric has been providing quality service to clients in Kirkwood, MO and the surrounding 63122 area since 2004. At Exceptional Electric, no job is too small as we do small commercial tenant finish, commercial restaurants, high-end residential remodels, solar panel installation, new construction and service industry businesses. Our professional staff holds a strong commitment to high-quality service and does not cut corners with any task

My Electric Guys

With over 100 years of combined experience, My Electric Guys, INC is on a mission to revolutionize your experience with electrical contractors. We are licensed and insured to provide you with the highest quality electrical service. In addition to our professional field technicians, our office team is second-to-none and will provide you with a experience that will exceed your expectations. We offer the lowest prices on electrical services, in fact, we believe in our rates so much that we offer a best price guarantee. If you can find a lower price, we will beat it! If you are looking for a professional and affordable licensed electrical contractor, look no further- you found us.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Custom decks, Amish gazebos, screened porches, sunrooms, vinyl fencing, aluminum fencing, pergolas, & shade structures, low maintenance materials, design & construction services for outdoor projects, decking & fencing materials.