Irish Construction

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2009

7721 Delmar Blvd

Saint Louis, MO 63130

Irish Construction, a 2018 Service Award Member, is dedicated to bringing the highest quality of craftsmanship to your home or business. Accompanied by decades of experience in masonry with European craftsmanship we've helped countless people revitalize, restore, and preserve their beloved homes. We honor free estimates everyday of the year with 30% off any licensed competitor's quote. So, call now and take advantage of our affordable prices! In addition to stone masonry services, we also specialize in brickwork, tuck-pointing, plastering, stucco, mud-jacking, concrete repair and resurfacing, and foundation repair. All work is done to our clients' satisfaction, and hope you choose us as your best option for all of your home repair needs....

masonry (185)plastering (117)chimney repair (68)stucco (36)chimney cap repair (18)basement waterproofing (12)concrete repair (300)foundation repair (36)decks & porches (33)mudjacking (32)drywall (16)concrete driveways (16)

04/15/2022

Cquincy F.

I just had work completed by Irish Construction yesterday morning and while I really wanted to love the work, I’m looking at the finished product this morning and I’m left with an uneasy feeling. Tony came out, provided a reasonable quote, and was prepared to get his crew out the next day. My dealing with the office staff was a great experience and Julia (maybe Julie) was very helpful and provided answers to my questions. Tony and the crew showed up bright and early, Tony provided some instruction, and his crew got to work. One item the crew was tasked with was resurfacing my concrete porch where I had some spalling in a 1 x 2 ft space. The next was to caulk the expansion joints, fill some cracks, and fix some concrete steps leading to the alley. One of my biggest issues is that the work could have and should have been cleaner. For example, one of the cracks, while long could have been filled with some type of epoxy sealant that would have been confined to just the crack. Instead, concrete was used and now it just looks like a big smear of concrete over the spot. So for perspective, lets say the width of the crack is wide enough to slide a quarter through, but the patch covers a width of 8 inches so instead of small imperfection, there’s a glob of concrete where none is needed. Also there are clumps of dried concrete compound and concrete powder all over the place and in spots that I have know idea why concrete would be in those places. While Tony explained the need to resurface my entire front porch and it made perfect sense, while looking at the work this morning I can see that on one of my steps the resurfacer product must have pooled because the steps which were flawless now has some raised areas where the compound must have run off and settled. Also when doing research yesterday I see that most resurfacing requires cleaning the area with a high pressure hose to clean out debris and lose particles. Tony’s crew simply wet the space and got to work so I don’t believe the prep was there to ensure a long lasting job. Finally, the joints that were “caulked” were instead filled with a concrete mixture. Out of the other 3 companies that gave me estimates this was the only one that used concrete to fill the joints instead of caulk and unfortunately I’m already seeing hairline cracks, so I’m not expecting that to last long. While the stairs that were fixed seem fine so far, it’s just a mess in the area with concrete residue all over the place. All in all I’m just wishing that maybe I had given this more thought. If price and a quick response is what you’re after, then Irish is it. However, it you’re more concerned about attention to detail and the quality of the finished product then I would suggest doing a little more research.

Description of Work
Concrete/crack repairs

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

04/05/2022

Jessica K.

Super easy to work with, punctual, responsive, and good at their work. Would definitely hire again. Really grateful for all that they did in such a short amount of time.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing, stucco repair, stair repair

Category concrete repair,decks,masonry,stucco

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

Thank you!

04/02/2022

Mark P.

Excellent service and crew. Very quick turnaround time from estimate to getting the job done. Quality work. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/02/2022

Thanks!

03/21/2022

Timothy C.

Tony offered a great price and workmanship with my houses tuckpointing. This is the second time I have used Irish Construction and have been happy both times. Tony’s crew gets after it, they are polite, and clean up the site better than they found it. I won’t hesitate to call Irish Construction for future work.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing

Category concrete repair,masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

Thanks! We really appreciate your 5-star review and are glad you are another happy customer.

03/17/2022

Charles W.

I was really happy to find them since they could make the repair using original methods. Irish removed the loose and broken pieces and applied a new layer on the front and back of the house that has a nice look that will match the sides. I appreciate that they also made minor repairs along the side of the house instead of totally reworking it. Helps keep costs down. They brought out a crew of five people and they hustle. Poetry in motion. Thanks, Tony!

Description of Work
Repair stucco on a 96 year old house

Category masonry,stucco

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

Review for Irish Construction - 7721 Delmar Blvd, Saint Louis, MO - 39662894

We appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Irish Construction.

03/15/2022

Louis L.

I have a 100+ year old house and discovered that the chimney--which ran through the center of the house, was leaning, putting stress on the rafters and the overall structural integrity of the house. If nothing was done, then eventually the chimney would collapse with terrible consequences. Because the repair was extremely difficult it seemed impossible to find a company that was even willing to come out and look at the problem firsthand. Anthony Monaghan, owner/director of Irish Construction, was the only one who had the courage, and confidence in his team of workers, to make an assessment, explain exactly what could be done and how, and provide a bid. I offered him the job and he came out with his crew the following Monday. The job turned out to be even more complicated than anticipated, and additional materials were required. Yet Anthony did not add those expenses to the price he bid. His foremost concerns throughout the process were the long-term safety of the homeowner by stabilizing the chimney, and the safety of his workers during the repair process. Would I recommend Irish Construction? Absolutely.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

Thank you we appreciate your five-star review of our company. We are proud to serve our clients and customers. Please use us again in future!

01/04/2022

Miles M.

Quick response, great work, will hire again for my concrete needs.

Description of Work
Front Steps and more

Category concrete repair,masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

Thank you for reviewing our company, we are glad we can meet your standards of service. Please use us again in future.

12/14/2021

Ed B.

Fantastic!! I had my living room ceiling repaired a couple of years ago by Irish Construction. My home is in the city of St. Louis and was built in 1929. The construction is lath and plaster. No drywall for me. Irish Construction did such a fantastic job, I looked them up to repair the dining room ceiling today. Another great job! Thank you Tony!!

Description of Work
Dining Room Ceiling Plaster Repair

Category concrete repair,plastering

Work Completed On 12/14/2021

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your business!

11/29/2021

Nicole S.

Tony and his crew were punctual, professional and provided high quality work at a reasonable price. We will definitely be using Irish Construction in the future for our home projects!

Description of Work
Tuckpointing

Category masonry

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Always happy to keep our clients happy! Thank you for your review.

11/21/2021

Michae H.

Irish Construction did outstanding plastering and tuckpointing work for me. They were professional and did very high quality work. They made sure I was happy with their work before they left. Great customer service!

Description of Work
Plastering and Tuckpointing

Category concrete repair,masonry,plastering,chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2021

Plastering, Tuck Pointing, Resurfacing, Custom Plaster Textures, Artisan Plastering, Plaster Repair, Drywall, Patching, Stucco, Stucco Repair, Tuck Pointing, Re-Pointing, Concrete Driveway Repair, Concrete Sealing, Concrete, Stone Repair, Masonry Weatherproofing, Retaining Walls, Masonry, Brick Walls, Brick Pavement, Brick Patio Repair, Brick & Stone Gate Entrances, Brick Patio & Concrete Steps

Wood fencing, wood gates, landscape, stamped concrete, decks, Re-pour or Fresh pour concrete, concrete removal.