Flow King Rooter

Founded 2017 • With Angi since March 2018

Flow King Rooter is a family owned and operated business with over 40 years of experience in the Plumbing trade. We pride ourselves on providing an efficient, affordable and friendly service for all your plumbing needs! ...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+75 more images

4.2

plumbers (21)drain cleaning (7)sewer cleaning (5)water heaters (2)excavating (1)

02/16/2021

Ellis F.

Perfect. Fast Professional

Description of Work
Replace toilet shut off valve.

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

02/02/2021

Shanna S.

They company was very responsive. They called immediately and came out the same week. They were professional and did quality work.

Description of Work
Recirculation line for hot water heater

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

12/13/2020

Leigh T.

Excellent Service

Description of Work
4 Faucets installed, garbage disposal installed

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

07/08/2020

Fred D.

Service man was speedy and thorough, a credit to his company.

Description of Work
Outdoor faucet replaced

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

07/06/2020

Donald O.

Did not get done

Description of Work
Leak fixed

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

01/02/2020

Wyatt S.

Timelines of repair great. Time to repair great. Screw mismatch in panel was a concern. Should have had skill to properly install. Extra charges for additional work performed I thought was excessive. I asked to receive a phone call if any additional issues were found. I received no call. My good shower heads were thrown away with trash. I assumed any old parts would have been given back to me so I could choose what to have done with them ( I have additional properties where I could have used these parts) Spoke with manager and received a fair response to my issues.

Description of Work
Plumbing Stack replacement and two shower valve replacement

Work Completed On 12/23/2019

We have no record of doing any work for you. If you could please contact us at 314 348 8795 to discuss this issue. You might have left a review for the wrong business. Thanks!

10/24/2019

Karen and Tim T.

Mike is a longtime plumbing professional with a wealth of knowledge which he seems to like to share, and a fast, considerate worker. The service went spectacularly well from start to finish.

Description of Work
Sewer backed up into basement. The line required cabling to the street. Camera was done too. No restoration work required.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

10/01/2019

Cortney B.

Not well. We came home from work and saw water coming from the ceiling of our garage. We called Flow King Rooter because they had earlier availability to come out. A respectful gentleman came out and he was shown the problem. He confirmed what we thought, that it was coming from the bathroom. He took off two panels from our wall in our laundry room that connected to the adjacent wall with the leak, so that it could air dry. He told me husband to get caulk and caulk the bathroom/shower so it would stop leaking. We also asked how much it would cost to put in a new dishwasher since he was already there, he couldn't tell us. We were charged $130+ dollars for this. I was unsure why. I emailed the next day and got a prompt response, but wasn't pleased. The response also said we'd still get a "free quote" about the dishwasher installation but she never followed through. We were definitely left disappointed. For $130+ our tech confirmed the problem, took off two panels and gave told my husband to complete the job himself, basically. We won't be using them for our dishwasher or any future needs, unfortunately.

Description of Work
Leak on the ceiling in garage

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

I’m sorry that you were unhappy with our services we strive to make every customer happy and satisfied. We do provide free quotes, however there is a difference between a free quote and properly diagnosing of a leak. When your technician arrived your walls weren’t exposed and just because there is a wet spot in a certain position doesn’t mean that the leak is in that area. Our technician had to create access to see what was going on, and thankfully in your situation your problem was minimal. Our technician was speaking with your husband and advised him exactly how to fix it since it was simple as placing caulk there and to save him money. We did not charge you $130+, the charge was $128 which is the service call fee. That $128 charge includes sending a licensed plumber to your property, creating access, finding and properly diagnosing your leak, and the time he was there to provide you with this information. Other companies could have gone out and told you it was a large repair requiring hundreds - thousands of dollars and charged you additional for any extra time spent there. We do our best to be honest, transparent, trustworthy, and knowledgeable. We hope you give us a chance us a chance in the future to change your perception of us.

07/31/2019

Natalie M.

Well i thought it was the Main line because we get that every couple years. MIKE(tech) on the other hand said within seconds it was the secondary which i was doubtful about but we flushed a few toilets and ran some water in other area's and he was spot on. Real nice about it too. At the end he gave me some tips on how to try to clean it a few times a year to keep it from sludging up. I would go with them again should i need another line snaked out.

Description of Work
secondary line clogged

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

We really appreciate you giving us a chance to take care of your issue. Thank you for the great feedback!

06/02/2019

Leslie D.

Excellent service provider! Communicates very well. Very prompt and responsive. Professional expertise in every way. You can't go wrong with these guys.

Description of Work
Leak finding and drain unclogging

Work Completed On 06/02/2019

05/25/2019

Walter K.

We feel that Flow King let us down by not putting in enough effort on our project (and charging us $297 in the process), whereas a second company that we hired figured out our problem and charged us less money to do so! In fairness to Flow King, we never knew we had a clean out in our yard, and so we've always directed rooter companies to go through the stack in our basement. Silvio came promptly, which we appreciated. He worked on the drain using an arrow-head cutter. Despite running 150 feet of line, he told us he couldn't clear it. He ran a camera (which we didn't ask him to do) and told us that the camera got stuck around 7 feet out from the house. That was it. There was nothing else he could do. He proposed that we would need to spend around $4500 to install a clean out in our yard - which he looked for with a metal detector but couldn't find. When we complained the we were out nearly $300 and that our problem still wasn't solved, he seemed to indicate that we were better off now that we knew what our next steps were. After pressing him further, he did agree to take $300 off the cost of the future $4500 bill to come if we hired Flow King. Not being able to afford that currently - we called another company for a second opinion. Company #2, Gravity Drain Services, not only cleared the line with a u-shaped cutter, but they also found a clean out in our yard that was buried under a couple of inches of dirt! It's interesting, I asked Gravity about the arrowhead cutter (something I noticed Silvio using but didn't comment on because I really don't know much about it), and he said that the arrow head cutter is ALWAYS his last option only. After Silvio ran it, why didn't he try the traditional U-shaped cutter? In the end, we couldn't be happier with Gravity Drain - and were left disappointed by Flow King and out $297. Gravity was more persistent in solving the problem. They stuck with it until it was solved and saved us $4500. By contrast, Flow King seemed to just kind of give up, take their money, and leave.

Description of Work
We needed a sewer line cleaned

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

Upon arriving at your residence, the technician made a determination that your main sewer was backed up. He attempted to find an outside access with no success. The technician then asked the client if he knew or ever saw and outside access for the main sewer which he stated he never seen one nor had any other companies in the past. The only access point into your sewer is via an inside stack which is 3” in diameter for a sewer line that is over 100 ft to main and changes size to a 6” clay pipe outside of home. We cabled over 150 ft and pulled back roots with a diamond point cutter due to access being only 3”. After running machine to main, the sewer would not clear due to the lack of a 6” yard access and heavy roots. As a courtesy, the technician ran a camera to determine the furthest area to locate in an attempt to find an outside access. He marked the run of the sewer with a green flag. Due to the sewer being backed up and no ability to visually see the clean out from inside the pipe, he located the sewer and recommend contacting the local municipality about installing an outside clean out. It was determined that the client does not have any sewer lateral coverage in that municipality. The technician recommended installing a clean out to properly cable line. Your outside clean out is designed as a point of access into your sewer. Without properly maintaining the landscaping around your clean out and making sure it’s not buried, it’s very difficult to get proper cutters into your sewer. At the time of your service, the information we had was that you or any other company in the past had never found an outside access. With the information we had at the time and the length of your sewer which by code requires that a clean out is accessible every 100 ft and the amount of roots getting pulled back, the technician recommended installing access to avoid damaging sewer by continuing to cable from over 100 ft away with only a 3” access. Unfortunately plumbing companies find themselves on both ends of a situation like this. One company will attempt to cable your sewer from the only access “you” stated you had. You hired another company which had much more information then we did prior to starting the job due to our invoice and background information we provided by cabling and running a free camera from an access 3” inches to small and no clean out outside of home. The other company arrived to a marked outside lateral by way of a flag we installed, knew the length of the entire sewer due to our cabling and knew there were heavy roots in the line which was provided on our invoice. It’s unfortunate we are getting accused of just taking your money and leaving when you were provided 2 hours worth of service, a free camera and locate, and a detailed invoice. Flow king will provide a FULL REFUND but will not admit any wrongdoing.

05/24/2019

FRANK D.

It was about 15 feet to dig up and replaced the pipe with a PVC pipe and it works just great. They did a good job. Price was reasonable based on the work that they did.

Description of Work
remove a sewage pipe, which was original in the house, from the kitchen sink

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

04/28/2019

Toby S.

They arrived promptly and spent 3 1/2 hours to do an expert job unclogging my bathroom drain. That also included going to the store to get parts needed to get job finished. They were very accommodating and cleaned up after their work was completed. Would use them again. Also reassured me that if I have any issues with repair it is under warranty.

Description of Work
Unclog bathroom sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/27/2019

03/28/2019

Kathi C.

It was Saturday afternoon and we were catching up on laundry... cue sewer backup. We hoped it would clear by the next morning, but noooooo. Hubby ran our snake through it Sat evening but no luck. He tried running it thru the outside access Sun morning but nada. So.... I hopped on Angie's list to find a plumber who wouldn't demand a firstborn child or our entire month's wages to clear the drain on a Sunday. I found Flow King. They had Sunday hours! When I called at 9:45am, we learned they didn't charge more for weekends, and they even offered a coupon for drain rooting that kept the price low. We were given an up-front cost estimate and they let us know about what potential higher charges could be. The scheduler set up a 2-hour window for the early afternoon, and let us know the plumber would contact us with an update on the time once he received the work order. She took my husband's name & phone number since he was the one who would be home to greet the plumber. Within the hour, the plumber called my husband to say he would be there earlier than expected originally, and gave him a 30-min time window. (That was very cool) My husband said he showed up on time, was very professional, and explained everything as he worked. When the main source of the clog was found between our outside access and the street, he cleared it easily. Then, just to make sure there weren't any other problems, he sent his camera through the drain back towards our house and also identified some small tree roots that could potentially cause clogs in the future. He cleared those as well. By 12:30pm, the work was done! Less than 2 hours from phone call to completed work on a Sunday with no extra charge and excellent service both on the phone and from the plumber. I'm saving Flow King Rooter in my phone's contact list. This is seriously one of the best experiences we've had with any home repair company - we are so grateful!

Description of Work
Sewer line was clogged & backing up into basement

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/24/2019

03/23/2019

Keith V.

We believed we had a simple clogged kitchen drain and had hired a company who specialized in just clearing drains. After several hours it became obvious we needed an actual plumber, so we called Flow King after finding them in Angie’s List. They appeared, actually earlier than they hoped, and went right to work diagnosing the problem. The clog was so entrenched that the usual approaches failed and they used additional resources to “jet” ( using high pressure ) the drain since the clog was out closer to the street. The workers were polite, professional and determined to solve our issue which they did despite the difficulties.

Description of Work
Unclogging kitchen drain

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

10/26/2018

Jeff L.

I had Flow King out to clean a clogged sewer line. I called on a weekend morning and Silvio was able to make it over later that day. He was right on time, courteous, and very professional. His equipment was high quality and in excellent condition. He took the time to explain the work he was doing and how to avoid problems in the future. I recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Sewer lateral cleaning

Work Completed On 10/21/2018

10/13/2018

Mike K.

I thought I could repair an outdoor spigot and I bit off more than I could chew--literally. I broke the copper pipe that was sweated instead of threaded. With a wedding to attend later that day Silvio was at my house within 30 minutes of calling him and had replaced the broken pipe and installed a new outdoor spigot within two hours. Plenty of time to shower and get ready for the wedding. Very friendly and extremely prompt. Would recommend in a second.

Description of Work
Fix Broken Water Pipe

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

It was a pleasure getting you back up and running! Thanks for your feedback.

10/08/2018

Sharon H.

Great. John the plumber was a very nice man.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater and kitchen faucet

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

08/30/2018

Robert H.

Previous bathroom renovation did not seat the toilet properly to the flange. This resulted in a leak and required a new flange to be installed along with emergency repair of waste stack. Flow King Rooter handled the emergency work within a day.

Description of Work
Repair toilet leak.

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

06/08/2018

S F.

I’m very impressed w/ Flow King and they are my #1 choice for plumbing from now on. Sylvio and his staff went above and beyond to provide the best quality service in a very timely manner. I know I can depend on them to be honest and I trust them in my home. They were great @ communicating about when they would be there to do the work, as well as what was happening during the repair process. My handyman said the cut they made in the ceiling was perfect, which made repair to it much easier/faster. Very professional job.

Description of Work
Piping added/replaced and toilet flange raised in bathroom. Also piece cut out of ceiling in room below where leak had shown up.

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

05/23/2018

Cathy O.

I was very pleased with Silvio and Dave. They actually made it to my house well before the scheduled appointment time. The initial response and estimate were free, and they offer 24/7 service -- a great thing to know when you have water splashing around! A pipe leak in my upstairs bathroom caused small ceiling collapse and subsequent water leakage to my HVAC closet directly underneath. Instead of having to go through the HVAC systems (which would have been a HUGE issue), they were able to cut a small hole in the bathroom's facing wall and repair the pipe quickly and efficiently. Silvio kept me well informed of exactly what they were doing every step of the way, which I very much appreciated. I generally have maintenance routing of my sewer line every couple of years. I will DEFINITELY call them for this when it comes time.

Description of Work
Leak in upstairs bathroom; pipe replaced.

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

05/08/2018

Heather C.

Awesome! The two gentlemen...Silvio and...the happy singer were fantastic! Punctual, Quick, and informative! Would reccommend these guys to anyone! Affordable too! Thank you for your wonderful service! Heather Carter

Description of Work
Pipe replaced and Restored

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you [Member Name Removed]!

05/03/2018

Martin W.

Plumber didn't show up for scheduled appointment (between 11 and 1), so I called office at the end of the appointment window, and they indicated they would call me back after inquiring. A few minutes later they called back to inform me that the plumber would be there in half an hour (which would place us at 1:30pm). As I needed to get back to work, I called them off. I understand things come up, but this seems like they didn't have their logistics together and only responded after I had to remind them of the appointment. Wasted two hours in the middle of a hectic work day.

Description of Work
Drain leaking in upstairs bathtub.