Dettmann-Claus Painting

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2009

1559 Cotton Tree Drive

Saint Louis, MO 63146

Working successfully in St. Louis neighborhood communities and with business owners since 1977. Strongest contractor guarantee in St. Louis. Project costs determined by measuring surface areas to refine actual product and labor costs. Additional contact name - Tom Claus, cell; 314-616-0027. See website for additional services. Family owned & operated business. We deliver value with each project because every client becomes a reference, we guarantee it!...

12/16/2021

Jane S.

Such a professional and well-done job. We are extremely pleased and would have them do additional painting work in our home!

Description of Work
Interior painting of 2-story foyer and room

11/12/2021

Mary Margaret S.

We had a great experience with Dettmann-Claus. Tom was very responsive and kept his word on the careful, detailed and thorough job he promised. I really appreciated that he and his team did not mind listening to my small requests and they made sure everything was just perfect in my eyes. For such a big project, we were thrilled that it came in at budget and with zero issues.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting & Trim Work

02/11/2021

Tracy B.

Tom and his team were fantastic, start to finish! I will definitely hire them again, and here's why: - Estimating and scheduling: Tom was able to work me in around some unique scheduling challenges I was dealing with, due to a move and other work being done to my home. I had a specific timeline I was trying to work within, and Tom helped ensure it happened. - Professionalism: Tom and his team were courteous and all around great people. Bill and Jason were both on my job and were top notch. - Quality of work: The place looks great and I'm super happy with the finished product. The drywall work above our fireplace is flawless - I can't even tell there was a hole there before. Highly, highly recommend and look forward to hiring them again for some additional work that I didn't scope in to our first project.

Description of Work
Paint full interior of home, some doors and trim. Drywall repair work.

Category drywall, interior painters

11/18/2020

Fah Che L.

It took many months before they could start for a variety of reasons, but they kept in touch. They did an excellent and professional job. They cleaned up everyday after working, and made sure things were not missed. Would not hesitate to use again, or to recommend to others

Description of Work
Exterior painting and restoration

10/27/2020

Donna S.

Dettmann-Claus did exceptional work on our project. The work was performed efficiently and the area was tidied at the end of each day. Workers were courteous, professional and consciences. The project included painting and repair of turrets, dormer, bay window, garage doors and front door. Also, windows were reglazed and frames painted. It was a pleasure working with Tom and his staff. We look forward to working with Dettmann-Claus for future projects.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and reglazing windows

Category contractors, house painters

09/27/2020

Paul H.

Fine. Everyone arrived on time, did the work on two, partial days, and cleaned up any debris and equipment.

Description of Work
All outside trim on roof line and second story windows

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

09/19/2020

Chris C.

Excellent job painting our house. The job was done quickly, with great attention to detail. They even came back to paint a small piece of plastic trim that needed special paint that would adhere to the plastic. We really appreciate their effort and would certainly recommend Dettmann-Claus Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

09/08/2020

Ken K.

Very disappointed with the lack of prep work. Very little sanding was done. Cracks and rough spots were "smoothed over" with caulk instead of sanding. Masking tape was not used, caulk and paint on masonry. Final look did not meet the guarantee in the contract: "Dettmann-Claus will produce a “Properly Painted Surface”. Defined as: Uniform in appearance, color, texture, hiding and sheen. It is also free of Foreign material, lumps..."

Description of Work
Window trim, soffits, and facia trim painting

06/03/2020

Joseph S.

Our experience was 100% satisfactory. We hired Dettman-Claus painting to prepare the surfaces and repaint the exterior trim of our house, the gutters, and a small concrete porch. and to make minor repairs to a few areas of wood. Our house was remodeled and repainted by the previous owner within the last two years but there were areas where the wood had never been properly primed so there was sap or resin bleeding through the paint. We received an original estimate in the late summer of last year so work could not begin until this spring. Dettman-Claus contacted us a few weeks in advance of the start date. The painters showed up as scheduled and completed the job in a professional manner. The paint used for the concrete porch had to be applied during warm weather so that part of the job was completed a bit later. We had planned on one coat of paint, but the painters felt the gutters needed a second coat. The second coat was applied and I was only charged for the paint. The painters left the job site completely clean. Throughout this experience I felt that I was dealing with professionals both from a business and a painting-skills standpoint and I would hire Dettman \-Claus again

Description of Work
Prepare and paint all exterior trim, make minor repairs to wood as needed, paint small concrete porch

03/13/2020

Jaime T.

these guys should give lessons in professionalism to other companies. From the initial contact through job completion you couldn’t ask for a better team. They are punctual, helpful without any pressure and leave everything spotless. I would definitely use them again and again.

Description of Work
Painting of ceilings and walls in master bedroom, kitchen, and rear entryway.

01/18/2020

David P.

Tom and the painting crew arrived exactly on time and finished the entire project in two days as promised. He kept us apprised of their progress and the final price was exactly as discussed. Additionally, the painters were very professional and we felt very comfortable giving them access to our home. Their work turned out beautifully and we look forward to working with them again in the near future.

Description of Work
Painted Kitchen, Breakfast Room, Dining Room and Bathroom ceilings. Also made several repairs to damages areas on ceilings and baseboard.

08/30/2019

Benjamin G.

Tom and his crew were excellent across the board! Extremely communicative, quick with responses, reasonable and extremely skilled. I won’t hesitate to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

07/12/2019

brian B.

The Dettmann-Claus Painting crew's prepping & finishing process was very thorough & efficient. It did however take the crew approx. 60 days to begin my job, this is primarily due to the fact that exterior paint jobs are entirely at the mercy of 'mother nature' & there may be other jobs ahead in the queue. Tom made this quite clear to me when we first met to discuss the job & timeline. He kept me well informed & was quite responsive if I inquired when my job would be close to queue on his project list. The only recommendation I would make is for the company to update their POS (point of sale) to process credit/debit payments. But in the meantime, payment by cash or check works just as well.

Description of Work
Exterior Building Painted

06/15/2019

Lois Q.

Working with Tom Claus is great! He is prompt, courteous, honest and listens to your needs. We trusted Tom and his crew so much that we gave them access to our home while we were out of town for a week. In doing so, we were not disrupted and the crew was able to work without any interruptions from us. They move the furniture and then return to its original position in the room. We had an issue with some of the bathroom walls not due to the painters' fault; Tom sent someone out immediately to remedy the situation. We are truly happy with the job! We hired Dettmann- Claus a year or so ago to paint our exterior and decided to hire them for this job. We will definitely hire them again for our next project.

Description of Work
Wall repair in master bath and master bedroom. Painting same and hallway.

05/28/2019

Beverly S.

Outstanding. Craftsmen and gentlemen!!

Description of Work
Interior wall repair, interior painting, deck resurfacing.

Category deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

05/18/2019

Karen B.

They were fantastic. We changed our mind on colors a bit during the process and they were easy going about it and very focused on making us happy. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Outside of House Painted

05/07/2019

Dana H.

sent a simple inquiry through Angies list system for a quote on some exterior painting I need done on my house. 4 weeks later, a response ... "won't be able to assist... all booked up". Maybe you shouldn't wait 4 weeks to respond to a request for a simple quote, since I'm sure it's not reasonable for me to assume that your schedule was full on April 11.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

03/08/2019

Dave L.

Tom and his crew did outstanding work. Very professional and the rooms look great! We would definitely hire them again and whole-heartedly recommend them.

Description of Work
Internal house painting

03/06/2019

Debi L.

The company is very professional. They have a fabulous colorist who knows her colors! The colors she helped me pick out went great with other colors in our home. Our painter (Carl) arrived every morning promptly @ 7:30am. He was very friendly and comfortable to be around. He knocked out all three rooms, including ceilings and baseboards, in 2 1/2 days. I am now thinking about painting bathrooms. I know this company will do a professional and expert job.

Description of Work
Interior painting in dining room, formal living room and kitchen.

03/01/2019

Wayne Z.

Tom Claus is excellent to work with. His men get a great job. I first used Dettmann-Claus for painting at our pool building in Fieldstone Farms and then again to patch plaster and paint the whole interior of my mother, 's home.

Description of Work
The first project at our Church was power washing the building, painting the exterior which included a soffit, entrance doors, 4- fluted aluminum columns, 10-stained glass window frames and moldings. Work done summer 2018. The second project was painting the vaulted ceiling and walls in the Church Sanctuary.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

01/16/2019

James H.

As usual, excellently. I have used this company 5 times and have never been disappointed. Prompt, fast service. A great help was the complimentary design service which helped to choose great colors. Thank you to the whole team.

Description of Work
Bedroom painting, ceiling repair and painting

11/25/2018

William D.

Very smoothly. Very professionally.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

10/15/2018

Jody W.

Excellent I added to the scope of work and Tom responded with a price immediately Overall I was very pleased. I would definitely use again

Description of Work
Exterior painting

06/19/2018

Jaime T.

Wow, everything should be this easy. Very responsive, showed up on time and very professional team. I had several estimates, the price was very reasonable. Great job, I would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting on house and detached garage

Category contractors, house painters

06/12/2018

W James P.

This was not the first time that we had used the services of Dettmann-Claus Painting Co. As in the past, a highly satisfactory job was done with scraping, caulking, prepping and painting the house. After the job was done, where there were observed some minor issues, Tom Claus with crew returned to do touch ups. They were very cordial and professional in all of their dealings. We would definitely recommend them and plan to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Complete exterior house painting

Kennedy Painting

Since 1998, Kennedy Panting has served the Saint Louis area, enhancing the beauty and class of thousands of homes. As a local, family-owned business, we care about serving your family or business in a personable, professional manner. Our owner, Sean Kennedy, is always ready and available to discuss any project concerns or problems.

360 Painting of St. Louis County

360 Painting specializes in interior and exterior residential and commercial painting, as well as home remodeling. We value quality, beauty, and customer satisfaction in all of our work; we stand by our name and our family's name. We are family-owned, as well as woman-owned and minority-owned. We have long been in business as a paid hobby, but have since decided to make a living from it.

STLBuildPro

STLBuildPro consists of two contracting companies: Carrera Exteriors LLC and Carrera Plaster Restoration LLC. We focus on customer satisfaction by providing a combination of services with excellent value and integrity. We are experienced in insurance claims and we work with insurance companies.

Offers by STLBuildPro on Angi
    Check, Financing Available

Residential & commercial painting including all interior, exterior, pressure washing & cleaning, decorative faux finishes, staining & finishing of new, existing woodwork & cabinetry, stripping & refinishing, entry door systems, metal finishes, painting related repairs,replacement of stucco, decks and patio covers, light carpentry wood repairs, drywall, screens, gutters & windows.

N/A