CLASSIC METAL CRAFT

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2007

1315 S VANDEVENTER AVE

Saint Louis, MO 63110

Classic Metal Craft is an Ornamental Iron fabricator. We fabricate and install custom wrought iron Railings, Gates, Balconies and Fencing. We have been serving St. Louis area neighborhoods for 25 years. SEE WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED. www.classicmetalcraft.com...

06/05/2017

Jamie B.

They never responded to my request at all.

Description of Work
Work needed on an iron fence

Category fencing

06/02/2016

Virginia S.

Description of Work
I took in my drawing of a console table that I needed to be made for a Water Fountain. They followed my instructions exactly-then they sent me a computer drawing. The Table was fabricated beautifully, one of a kind.

05/18/2016

Susan C.

Description of Work
They hand crafted an exquisite iron gate

Category wrought iron, home remodeling

03/14/2016

Christie P.

Did not use, selecting another company

Description of Work
Asked for a bid, the company came out took my information for a quote. Never heard another word from them.

Category wrought iron

Hi [Member Name Removed], I see we have done work for you in this past year. It would be great if you could revise your review since I don't see that we did any bids for you in 2016. Only in 2019 and 2021. Did you mean to leave this for Classic Metal Craft?

02/26/2016

Elizabeth F.

Description of Work
We had galvanized cast iron railing installed on our porch and front steps. They are beautiful! It took longer than expected to have them installed -- part of that was weather-related. Also, we had to have them come back to fix 2 connections in the railing. The price was more than I would have liked for what we had done, but I knew the price going in, so it was not a surprise.

09/26/2015

Michael S.

Great service and I'm thankful to have the old handrails replaced. Though more expensive than I initially thought I'd be paying, I think it was well worth the money and the handrail should last a long time. It's been almost a year since the install and I've had no issues.

Description of Work
Replaced two old handrails up five entryway stairs with one new handrail. This included sawing off old handrails and pouring new concrete supports.

06/25/2015

Christopher H.

Description of Work
New ornamental front porch railing. Performed as promised.

Category wrought iron, home remodeling

06/14/2015

Andrew D.

10/9/2014 From my sketch, designed and produced a complicated double swinging steel gate in four sections and installed it with perfection. Works just like I thought it would and has functioned as intended for about a year.

Description of Work
Made and installed a steel gate.

06/10/2014

Ellen H.

Everything was done professionally. We had a slight issue about the porch railings, but solved immediately and professionally. We had a great experience and would use them again. Workmanship is wonderful and the finished product is exactly what we hoped for. We have received many compliments.

Description of Work
21' of 34" tall custom wrought iron railing that wrapped our porch and went down both sides of 3 steps. The step rails curved from top to bottom. "C" scrolls were between the top two channels, The posts were drilled into porch with non-shrink grout and covered with cast iron shoes. All materials were dipped in red oxide primer and finished with black satin enamel paint.

03/31/2014

JOY F.

Everything was fine and I don't have any notes that anything was bad.

Description of Work
We've used Classic Metal Craft for the railings for our front porch and front steps.

02/03/2014

George B.

I had some porch work done which required removing old cement and installing new cement. This also required the stone pillars to be removed and left the porch without a protective railing. Classic came out and took measurements. We also needed new step railings. They did a great job on the fabrication and installation. Another reason I used them is their method of paint. They first dipped the iron in a primer. Once dried then dipped in a paint bath. Some vendors use a combination primer/paint bath. I did not want that. You get better protection using a primer bath first and then follow up with a paint bath. My neighbors were impressed and have commented on how great the job looks. The vendor that originally rebuilt the concrete porch came out and thought it looked awesome. He indicated we now have the best looking from porch on the block. I agree. The mailbox looks awesome. House is a 1932 bunugalow style and mailbox matches the decor. I highly recommend Classic.

Description of Work
fabricated new railing and installed. Also fabricated new mailbox.

01/28/2014

Anita J.

I was able to handle everything over the phone. The install was done well and the banister is sturdy and still looks brand new.

Description of Work
Installed a metal railing on the concrete steps leading down to the lake house.

01/09/2014

Jeffrey C.

After contacting several wrought iron companies to reinstall a gate and posts (after a new concrete pad was poured), Classic Metal Craft was the only company that followed up and made a bid. On the appointed day, two workers showed up early, did the work quickly, and left me with a gate that now works better than it did before I had the pad demolished and re-poured. Would certainly use this company again, and intend so to do to fix some railing in front of the house.

Description of Work
Reinstalled gate posts.

07/30/2013

JOY F.

They were effiecnt, pleasant and I was happy with their work. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed a wrought iron railing for the steps and around the front porch.

03/21/2013

CINDY J.

The experience was really good. We got them off Angies List and my wife emailed them. They emailed us back. We picked out the railings on the site and then he came out and measured them, and we did not have to be there. It was real easy. They sent us the pictures of the design and we just had to ok it and that was it. We got three bids and they were the best for the quality.

Description of Work
They installed railings for steps on the front of the house.

Category fencing, wrought iron, home remodeling

09/24/2012

DAVID L.

Quote was extremely prompt and the price was very fair. Once I approved the quote the work was done within a week. Looks great.

Description of Work
Repaired two wrought iron railings whose posts had rusted thru.

07/08/2012

Agnes H.

We are extremely pleased with their professionalism and the quality of their work and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed an iron railing on my front yard concrete steps and did an excellent job. It was custom made to match the wrought iron railings on our front porch and it matches perfectly.

11/13/2011

David L.

We contacted them for an estimate and Peter promptly got back to us and scheduled a visit where we talked the project over, looked at samples of their work, and determined what would be included in the estimate. He got an estimate to us within a few days, and waited patiently while we secured a few others estimate. After we got all our estimates, we asked about getting the cost down, and he explained why his cost was higher based on his more thorough process. Comparing estimates, apples to apples, Peter's was just a bit higher, but we were impressed with how organized and professional he was. Because our neighbor was doing the same project at the same time, he even gave us both a break on the price as well. After we got the appropriate city permits (not an intuitive process if you have never dealt with it before), we signed the contract and it took about 6 weeks to complete fabrication. Once that was down, we scheduled at day to have the fence installed and have the building inspector check things out. All went according to plan, the fence and bars look great. We had one minor issue with some paint, but Peter came by, touched it up and left us a can of paint for future touch ups. We recommend Classic Metal Craft for any fencing project you may have.

Description of Work
We had them install a decorative wrought iron fence and gate (about 15 feet long, 42 inches tall) at the front of our city home, as well as 4 sets of security bars for our basement windows.

09/21/2011

JOE C.

It was difficult scheduling with them, but once they came out, they did a great job.

Description of Work
I hired them to install wrought iron railing on my stairways.

09/08/2011

Dennis T.

Everything went as you expect. Design, estimate, manufacture, install - all timely and professional.

Description of Work
Needed "curved" safety railing for off the ground concrete patio - about 20 ft long People were knowledgable, understood code compliance and provided several options. They have the machines to curve railing. Railing was made in sections, welded together in place and inserted into concrete drilled hole with proper caulking - all which minimizes rust. Powder paint could be used but still needs paint on welds. Aluminum could be used but more difficult & expensive for this job. Cheaper - non curved - bolt on sections will likely have rust issues at the bolts, so the welded approach is much sturdier and rust resistant. Nothing lasts forever, of course, but you have many years of rust-free service maybe requiring some paint touch-up in the future. Several other bids were similar or higher in price. One friend had this company also and we thought it looked good and is one of their pictures. Job looks good.

07/27/2011

John H.

I initially contacted three companies on Angie's List and decided on Classic Metal Craft after some emails back and forth. I received a proposal from this company and made a deposit of $98. Peter Zadrozinski, with whom I communicated, had initially thought they would need to temporarily support the column in question while they cut off the rusted tubing from the bottom, cored around the rusted tubing and welded a new section of tubing to the column in question and filled in the hole with non shrink grout. When the workmen came on June 3, they found that no temporary support column was needed, because the column in question was attached to another support. They quickly got to work and took care of replacing the rusted section and setting it in grout. I plan on removing the paint that is failing on the rest of the grill work. They gave me information on how to remove the paint and what rust prevention paint to use as a primer before repainting the grill. They worked quickly and without mess.

Description of Work
This company replaced the base of a wrought iron support column on my front porch that had rusted.

06/26/2011

Ervin S.

They arrive for design discussion on time, completed the fabrication, notified us of the installation time, and competed their work in the time frame they had given. They were pleasant and professional to talk with about the project. I have recommended them to Ladd Suydam Contracting LLC as a subcontractor for similar work, and their work for this contractor was excellent as well.

Description of Work
Wrought iron stair railings for my front steps were designed, fabricated, painted and installed. They arrive for design discussion on time, completed the fabrication, notified us of the installation time, and competed their work in the time frame they had given. They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to any one needing this type of work.

09/27/2010

MILLS K.

They were prompt and businesslike. They had done the railing on the porch. We also had some hand rail put for the steps on the porch. It was a three-step rail to the street sidewalk. It was made of wrought iron but they painted it. Some other iron work companies don’t do the complete painting, but just put a primer on it and we are supposed to paint it ourselves. Classic Metal Craft did it all and touched it up. Others said they wouldn’t do it because it would get scratched up upon installation. Classic Metal Craft just repaired the installation scratches and it got done. They touched it all up. They were fast and did a good job. I needed head to head drawings and they did the drawings for the network too. I only compared their pricing with one other company, and it was comparable. It was in the same range as everybody else. They were in the price range that I had expected. They did everything they were supposed to do. They had no trouble passing the inspection.

Description of Work
We used Classic Metal Craft for fencing.

08/18/2010

Pam D.

After looking on Angie's List for an iron work company, I called Classic Metal Craft. Peter came out and reviewed our project. We discussed the options of refurbishing the existing fence vs replacement. I also inquired about refurbishing the vintage lights in the font the house. He provided estimates for the fence replacement, fence refurbish and light refurbish. After reviewing the estimates and a discussion with Peter on the pros and cons regarding replace vs refurbish, a decision was made to replace the fence and refurbish the lights. We met at the office to discuss the details and design of the fence. A drawing of the fence was provided and approved. A Classic Metal Craft employee came by our house and removed the lights for refurbishing. A few weeks later, the new fence was installed and refurbished lights were delivered. Classic Metal Craft even offered to re-mount our lights. We were very pleased with the whole experience and very happy with the final product.

Description of Work
The iron fence around the courtyard of our home was replaced. In addition, the front lights on the posts were cleaned and repainted.

Category fencing

09/18/2007

SHAREE P.

They have great workmanship. Everything is hand crafted and it looks great. We are very pleased with the finished product as well. They are hard working and very professional. For all of the work that they did, the price was reasonable. I would recommend them to other people in need of this type of service.

Description of Work
They replaced the original railings in the front and back of my house with something that fit more with the architectural flavor of the house. They used iron railing both in the front and the back of the house.

Beaty Home Improvements

20 years of professional quality service with attention to detail. Customer satisfaction is a must.

Offers by Beaty Home Improvements on Angi
    Chesterfield Fence & Deck Company

Since 1968, Chesterfield Fence & Deck Company has been the builder that residents of the greater St. Louis area have trusted for superior fences, decks, patios, sunrooms and more. Today, we are proud to still be under the original ownership and management, and because of this, our core philosophy remains true. It is our ultimate goal to build the outdoor living space of your dreams through unique and quality products that provide lasting value. Over the years, Chesterfield Fence & Deck Company has grown into a full-service remodeling company. 90 experienced and dedicated employees come to work every morning to carry out our mission to provide the very best in customer service and quality workmanship. Our goal is to provide to you the best products, the best service and the highest value available.

Jablan General Contracting

Jablan General Contracting proudly serving St.Louis Mo + 50 Miles City County. We Specialize in Custom Building Fences and Decks for all your needs. New Installation - Repairs - Restoration Staining & Pressure Washing Fences Decks Wood Homes. Call us Today For Free Estimate and Visit our website for more information.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

ORNAMENTAL IRON FABRICATION AND INSTALLATION. WROUGHT IRON RAILINGS, GATES, FENCING, BALCONIES, YARD LIGHTING. INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR APPLICATIONS. CUSTOM HAND FORGED PIECES TO STANDARD RAILING.

CHAINLINK OR PRIVACY FENCING.