Champion Floor Co

Founded 1989 • With Angi since December 2002

A family owned and operated flooring company, right here in St Louis, we are here to help you with all your flooring projects. We are proud Bona Certified Craftsmen (A distinction in the hardwood flooring industry, a Bona Certified Craftsman is a hand-picked, proven, top level professional, trained and certified by Bona) who specialize in hardwood flooring. We are also happy to help you with your carpet, vinyl, and LVT flooring needs. Contact us today for a free estimate. Costs determined by the job. Travel charges may apply outside of 75 miles. EMAIL: Kristen@ChampionFloor.com....

Hickory Plank Custom "Smoked"

+8 more images

hardwood floors (165)flooring (92)carpet installation (22)tile installation (20)floor cleaning (12)floor buffing (8)closet design (1)

01/10/2022

Patrick M.

We called Chris Diel at Champion in early October. He came to our house to make an estimate on 10-14-21. He sent an email with the proposal on 10-15-21. We hired him immediately. In all our encounters with Chris, he has been knowledgeable, professional, honest. He was fine doing this small job. He told us the old vinyl tile was unavailable and helped us find something similar. He proposed a flat amount for the basement tile job and an hourly rate for the upstairs ceramic tile repair. Chris said his company was very busy and would do the job until January 4, which is exactly when the job was started. Adam was the man who did the repair. He was polite, pleasant, skillful, wore a mask, entered through the back door to reduce our possible exposure to covid. Adam left the area clean every day when he left. There were a few minor things he needed to return to finish, which he did quickly with no problem. Job was finished 1-7-22.

Description of Work
The concrete floor in the basement bath was uneven and needed to be leveled then old tile replaced with new. Ceramic tile in upstairs bath was cracked and was replaced and new caulk to replace the old.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

05/30/2021

Toi J.

Great. Workers were prompt and the quality was excellent

Description of Work
A floor on my laundry room and bathroom

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/30/2021

09/02/2020

Rita D.

This is the second time I've used Champion. First time was 2 years ago. I picked them because they were certified. Never heard of them. My first experience with Champion was amazing. This second experience was better than amazing. I was really, really, really nervous about replacing and installing my shower floor. I've waited almost a month before leaving this review because I wanted to test that new shower floor over and over and over and over again before I wrote a review. Perfect. Not only are the floors what I asked for, the floors look better than what I asked for. Another great experience. Can recommend with confidence.

Description of Work
replace/install new shower floor and install floor in bedroom

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, buffing & polishing

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

06/12/2020

Lvanjia W.

Everything went great from the in home estimate to the final coating. I Loved no dust sanding and the products that were used didn't have an overwhelming smell. Oh and did I say I Love my floors.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors sanded and refinished.

Category buffing & polishing

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Review for Champion Floor Co - 2312 Centerline Industrial Dr, Saint Louis, MO - 38637002

03/09/2020

Kimberly K.

It went pretty well. There were a few issues needing correction after the floors were installed and all concerns were promptly fixed. The owner of the company is very responsive and follows up.

Description of Work
New hardwood floors in 5 areas of home including living room, dining room, hall, foyer and two bedrooms.

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

02/18/2020

Cathy J.

the floors are beautiful, the installer was very careful and precise in laying the wood out. This is our second time using Champion and I would use them again.

Description of Work
replacing carpet with hardwood floors

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

11/27/2019

Charles N.

The overall job was very successful. All workers demonstrated professional work and behaviors. The hardwood installers had a small hiccup laying the wood, not mixing bundles properly. Ralph, the owner of Champion immediately responded and had this issue corrected. The sanding and staining work again was completed by very professional people and done with great quality. The sanding vacuum system while an extra cost was well worth it virtually eliminating all the dust during the sanding process. I would highly recommend this to any customers. Carpet and vinyl work was all completed in a great fashion. Finally replacement of all baseboards was done OK but some inside and outside corner fits were off requiring extra caulking and painting to cover up the flaws.

Description of Work
All new hardwood throughout our kitchen, great room, entry foyer, hallway and first floor half bath. In-addition to this scope, new vinyl in our laundry room, new carpet and pad in our dining room and a new area rug for our great room. Finally replacement of all baseboard moldings in all areas of floor replacements.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

07/15/2019

Barb T.

Great, one room wrong size carrot initially but fixed quickly. A few scuffs on the walls after but all in all they did a

Description of Work
4 bedrooms Removal of old carpet, installation of new carpet, fix flour squeaks.

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

07/03/2019

Jim B.

On time, on budget, they did a beautiful job. When we discovered an area that needed to be patched they sourced wood to match our 100 year old floors perfectly.

Description of Work
Removing carpeting covering 100 year old red oak floors, sanding and refinishing those floors and steps.

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

04/15/2019

Vera L.

We were thrilled with the service they provided! Excellent work provided in clean manor, friendly, timely and efficiently

Description of Work
resurfacing hardwood floors

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

03/18/2019

Rita D.

My experience with Champion was better than fantastic. From the beginning to the end, Champion exceeded all of my expectations. My job was a small job, but I needed the work done in a certain time frame. I went on Angie's List to find a flooring company and picked Champion because they are certified. Chris was great, took time with me to help me select the floor I wanted. Each employee that came to my house worked hard, answered my questions, arrived on time, cleaned their work space. The price was exactly what I wanted to spend. I am using them for all my flooring work.

Description of Work
Two bathrooms needed new floors

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

[Member Name Removed], It was wonderful to read about your experience with us! We look forward to more projects with you and can't thank you enough for your business.

02/12/2019

Marydelle T.

I was given an itemized bill first, paid 50 percent, and given dates for the work to be done. The office kept me informed of the times, and made sure that the dates were good for me. They took care not to make too much dust and hung plastic. the workers are very experienced. The supervisor made sure that it was PERFECT ,even adding a little extra. It is just beautiful. The wood that was used is first quality. The initial salesman came by to make sure that I was happy with the job and that it was well done. I have recommended them to my daughter and her husband. My kitchen was installed by them about 10 years ago, and is still in good condition. I was given instructions on how to care for the floor.

Description of Work
I had inlaid vinal flooring taken up in a long hall and an entrance hall and red oak hardwood installed, stained to match living room, kitchen and dining wood hardwood, and finished.

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

[Member Name Removed], How lovely to read that you are a returning customer! thank you for your continued business and for taking time to leave us such a glowing review.

09/25/2018

Jim H.

I did not use this company because their price was too high

Description of Work
Wood flooring

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

Sorry to read that our prices seemed too high for your project. We hope you will consider us again for any future flooring projects.

05/02/2018

RICK S.

Great work. Matched the finish on the other floors upstairs perfectly. Crew did a great job containing the dust by sealing off the area from the rest of the house.

Description of Work
Walk in closet & adjoining section of the bedroom floor refinishing .

Category hardwood floor, buffing & polishing

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

[Member Name Removed], We were so glad to read that you not only love your new floors but that the process was as clean and tidy as we promised. Thank you for your business.

04/25/2018

MARK R.

Kristin showed up right on time. After carefully looking at our flooring & explaining options to my wife & I it was apparent how friendly, knowledgeable & professional she is. She said she would love to sell us a new floor but that if we could tolerate the few tiny cracks we had, we might be better off waiting until they were more noticeable & then replace the floor. To do it right would require tearing up the existing floor, getting a good foundation, and then placing tile. Previous tile only 7 years old but not installed well at all. So great to experience a company with honesty & integrity. Definitely will call them when we need any flooring work. I can see why they are rated so highly on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replace porcelain flooring in kitchen & utility room.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. When you are ready to pull the trigger on the project, we will be ready to help!

03/16/2018

John B.

Very well. The staff was professional and skilled at each stage of the project. The carpet and flooring material are just what we needed. Installation had its minor challenges due to the odd configuration of our house (built in 1939), but the installers were experienced, detail-oriented, and patient. Champion Floor Company is a family business committed to doing things right. Each staff member handled the work very responsibly and cared about the outcome.

Description of Work
Replace carpet & flooring in five rooms

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

[Member Name Removed], Many thanks for taking time to leave us a review. We really work hard to be sure our customers have an experience like yours, so it is great to read about your project interactions with our staff. Thank you!

01/20/2018

Alan S.

Work done on schedule according to plan Good communication Excellent workmanship - looks great.

Description of Work
Replace old carpet with hardwood floor in family room

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We are happy you love the finished project.

09/08/2017

DALE S.

It didn't go. We went to Champion because some friends had used them for hardwood flooring, our next door neighbor had used them for both flooring and carpeting, and they had excellent reviews on Angie's List and other sites. When we visited the showroom, we were immediately drawn to the wools but were advised they'd be too expensive and we'd never realize the investment. After Kristen came to the house and took measurements, she pulled a couple samples of Mohawk Smartstrand and gave us an estimate. We weren't thrilled with the samples, wanted to see other options, and returned to the showroom a few times to look through the possibilities, finally deciding we did want the wool after all. From the beginning, Kristen seemed impatient with us, our many questions, and our indecision. So sometimes we would go into the showroom--or other flooring stores-- to look through the books ourselves, so as not to further annoy her. Once I heard her sister, who also works there, behind the closed door in the office complaining loudly about some customer who looked at 50 different carpets and kept changing her mind. Just pick one! At first I thought she was referring to me. Then she named my neighbor--the one who had just used Champion for hardwood flooring and carpeting and was still deciding on a stair runner. When we had finally chosen a particular wool for its looks but asked about its quality before we ordered it--face weight, density, all the specifications we thought we were supposed to ask about--we got an email from Kristen saying she was pulling out of the ($20, 000) project because she felt "it was not good business or good customer service to have to convince you to make this purchase" (she never did give the specifications), and she said we would likely never be happy.

Description of Work
Carpeting in whole house.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

[Member Name Removed], I was sorry to read that you felt the entire experience was not up to par. We met more than 6 times and changed the layout at least 4 times. Also, it was at your request that I help you shop within the confines of what your home would sustain for resale value. We are not in the business to dissuade customers from what they want, but to help our customers make informed and educated purchases. Yes, we did part ways at my behest but before any carpet was purchased. As I explained to you, I was concerned that I was turning an educated purchase into a carpet guarantee. And, as you quoted me, "it is not good business or good customer service to have to convince you to make this ($20,000) purchase." I would like to also note that after we parted ways, I made additional calls to find you another vendor for your final carpet selection. I did, and still do, wish you the very best with your project. -Kristen

09/07/2017

Tracy M.

We requested bids from several contractors and most would not do all the work we needed. Champion was agreeable on all our requests. Even came out to work on Saturday. Exceptionally good work.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet, sand existing hardwood floors, stain floors, replace baseboards and... fixed squeaky floor!

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking time to leave your review! We are so glad that you love your floors!

07/17/2017

sherry M.

Champion did a wonderful job from helping me choose the best flooring for my needs to the installation. They were professional and took care of all the details that make the room look truly finished. I couldn't be happier. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed wood flooring and carpeting

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking time to leave us your comments. We very much appreciate your kind words and your business. We look forward to more collaborative projects in the future! Many Thanks!

06/22/2017

Linda D.

They were punctual and very meticulous about the work they did. Would definitely use them again. I have recommended them to a neighbor who also needs hardwood floors refinished.

Description of Work
Had kitchen and laundry room hardwood floor sanded and refinished.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed working with you as well. Many thanks!

06/09/2017

Kathleen S.

We have had good experiences with them. They did a great job. And they moved furniture out into a pod which we gladly paid a little extra for and they were totally fine. We have recommended them to other people as well.

Description of Work
In 2012 they re-did all the hard wood floors on the main floor of our house.

Work Completed On 06/09/2012

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

05/16/2017

Sara W.

very professional, I would recommend. we used them for carpets a few years ago. very high quality work.

Description of Work
refinished floors