BORGHI FLOORS

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2006

3.7

2500 Brenna Ct

Saint Louis, MO 63129

Flooring sales & installation...

07/29/2011

Leslie B.

We own a condo in a high rise building in the Central West End. Living room and dining room areas are brazilian cherry wood. Four slats in the dining room needed repair due to problems with a leaky air conditioning unit. We were referred to Borghi Floors by the Manager of our building. Contacted Chuck Borghi and requested an estimate. Chuck Borghi came by the condo and said he would try to match the cherry wood and bring a sample. He sent an estimate for $3400 total. We agreed to the price and asked for the wood sample. We didn't receive it. Chuck Borghi then requested a cash deposit of $1800 for materials. We paid this deposit in cash/check. Still waiting for the sample. Meanwhile we receive information from State Farm stating they would pay $2,000 for the repairs. We received the check and understood we would be taking a loss. A couple of weeks later we received a letter and call form State Farm stating they could not grant our request for additional monies for the floor repair. We called and were advised Chuck Borghi had contacted them asking for approximately $12,900 for the repairs. He was not authorized to do so. Simultaneously we received an adjusted bid from Chuck Borghi for $12,900 to repair the floor. We told him we would seek other bids. We did and received to bids for less than his original bid. Also received the sample from Chuck that wasn't even close to the floor that needed repair. We advised Mr. Borghi we were going with another company and requested our deposit back. He stated that he had purchased the materials with the $1800 and the vendor wouldn't give him a refund. We then asked him to bring the materials and receipts to the condo. These requests went on for approximately two months. In January or February of 2011 he dropped off a box of wood, probably from another job with no receipt of purchase. To date Chuck Borghi will not return calls or email. Don't hire this company!

Description of Work
Services were not performed. Please see explanation below. Will not recommend this company to anyone.

Category hardwood floor

The material ordered was a special order. no returns on this product. I delivered product to job. Not 1 box but several cartons. I told them no refund would be given, but we would deliver material ordered.

05/23/2011

Joan B.

I have no problem with the work done in the basement, and the carpeting on the stairs. The hardwood looks nice, but was a disappointment because they didn't order the bamboo that I wanted when they said that they did, and when they did get around to it (just prior to installation time), they found that they couldn't get it for 2 more weeks which would have tacked extra time on to an already over-long project. I had to pick something else at the last minute. The vinyl in the kitchen is horrible horrible horrible. I don't really understand it, because they installed the same vinyl in the laundry room and there's been no problem with that. The installer kept complaining about the glue not being tacky enough, my house not being warm enough. . .from day 1 the tile around my range and refrigerator has been cracked and buckled. They simply would not come back out to even look at it. Several days after installation, some of the tiles had the top peal off, leaving plain grey splotches. I spoke with them about this and they have never showed up to replace them.

Description of Work
I had a frozen pipe in January 09 and was out of town. The company that did the repairs sub-contracted Borghi Floors to do the flooring work in my basement. This involved new carpeting in a family room and a stairway, new vinyl in the laundry room and hardwood at my entry. I needed some additional flooring done, so I had them replace carpeting on my stairs, and put new vinyl tile in my kitchen.

Category flooring contractor

I am unaware there were problems with the flooring. Customer can call me at 314-487-9333 so we can try to rectify.

01/27/2006

DEBORAH J.

Kenny was very accommodating. I changed my mind on several occasions and he never got frustrated with me. He met me on time and returned my calls promptly.

Description of Work
I'm having a house built and used this company for the hardwood floors on the first floor.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for your business !

CVM Enterprises Inc.

Check our reviews on THUMBTACK Top Pro & 5 star HOME ADVISOR 5 star ANGIES LIST rated A GOOGLE 5 star reviews & google guaranteed

NB Services

Our focus is to meet and understand all the needs of our customers, exceeding their expectations with quality and perfection , your happiness is our happiness! * Full guarantee of our work because we do not outsource * Maximum attention to finishes and details * Great prices * Exceptional experience

Fine Craft Custom Tile LLC

We have been specializing in tile installations of all kinds, hardwood flooring installs and refinishing, vinyl, laminate, and more! Residential and commercial. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Provide all types of flooring and installation