Allen Outdoor Solutions

Founded 1993 • With Angi since September 2003

7219 Weil Ave

Saint Louis, MO 63119

Additional DBA - Allen Irrigation & Lawn Care Inc. Allen Outdoor Solutions, Inc. has provided full service irrigation, landscape, and lawn care service throughout the St. Louis area for over 20 years. Our projects range in size, from small residential designs to large commercial projects. No matter what your vision, we can take care of every aspect of your outdoor project. All of our work is backed and fully warranted to your satisfaction....

4.4

irrigation system (168)lawn & landscaping (32)lawn care (23)hardscaping (22)drain pipe installation (15)lawn treatment (13)landscape lighting (12)roofing (9)concrete repair (7)Patios (4)tree service (4)masonry (3)

11/11/2020

i asked for an estimate to replace a sprinkler head. six months later a bill out of nowhere!

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate in March to turn on my sprinkler system and replace a sprinkler head. I never hired them. I got a bill for $125 7 months later out of the blue saying they had performed service (testing of backflow device by licensed plumber) that i had not paid for at all. Of course i would know who comes out here I’m at home every day during the pandemic. Never hired them, never approved this, and i got charged $125. I have another service who does this for me! Angie’s List this is downright dishonest. You don’t allegedly perform some maintenance without the customer even asking for it or knowing about it!

Work Completed On 09/20/2020

10/02/2020

Talk about above and beyond!! Wow! The Allen Outdoor Solutions team blew me away with AWESOME SERVICE!! They have maintained our yard and landscape for many years so we asked them to install an irrigation system. The installers were VERY PROFESSIONAL and CLEAN! Our yard was put back in better condition than when they arrived. We chose a HUNTER HYDRAWISE system, which is operated from our Smart Pho...

Description of Work
Irrigation System

Category lawn service,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

08/07/2020

The entire experience was excellent. The owner Steve, personally came to my house to look at my project and give me his bid. He listened to what I wanted, made some suggestions, very professional. The office workers were very good about scheduling and payment options. I was not home to witness the installation, but Ron the foreman called me to let me know the project was finished and gave me water...

Description of Work
Groundcover under deck and sod installation

Category lawn service,hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

06/26/2020

Generally, everything goes well. Occassionally, I get a bit ansy as I would like them to come quicker, but it is because they are fairly busy and they always figure out a way to wedge me in somehow. I would recommend them for anyone needing any landscaping, outdoor lighting or irrigation work.

Description of Work
Allen Outdoor did many one off projects for us, but they always do our irrigation systems, outdoor lighting and fountain maintenance.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

05/18/2020

Dennis came out to bid the work. He was informative but did not listen to what we wanted. He told me what we needed and would not even look at the prior proposal I tried to hand him that spelled out what we were looking for. Got their bid and it was high and not at all what we were looking for. I asked for a redo on the bid for just the replacement of the retaining wall and he explained he’d have ...

Description of Work
Replace landscape brick in front and redirect downspout.

Category concrete repair,hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

03/18/2020

I have been meaning to write a review - although I did not use their services I was very pleased with the effort and time they took to come out to look at the scope of work and bid it. I have recommended them to friends and family since they came out to my house - even though I didn't have the opportunity to use them - which was only because they were not available as quickly as I needed them.

Description of Work
Lawncare & removal of lawn debris.

Category lawn service,leaf removal

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

06/10/2019

Allen Outdoor installed and maintains my irrigation system (since 2003). They also did some landscape for me. The technicians and installers have all (without exception) been professional, accommodating and courteous. They fix things right the first time, explain the work well and deliver when and what they promise. Any "call backs" I have had to require (very very few) were handled, promptly and ...

Description of Work
Intallation and maintenace of irrigation system plus landscaping

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

08/25/2018

Technician Shelby arrived on time and called in advance (as requested) before arriving. Shelby and I walked the lawn and I described in detail the issue. Shelby then went to work - increasing the water flow of certain sprinkler heads and then we together reviewed the zones and the water flow into each zone. Shelby was (is) a customer service professional. His knowledge (20+ years) and positive att...

Description of Work
I needed my sprinkler system adjusted to add more water to certain zones. This was an "under warranty" project.

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/20/2018

Great. Required some troubleshooting to locate problem. Very professional.

Description of Work
Allen responded to fix an irrigation leak after I had some electrical and landscaping work done. I requested technician Dorsey as I had performed previous work with great results. Again, results were great as usual with Allen. Highly recommend.

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

07/06/2018

Saw an improvement immediately, well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Installed a booster pump to our sprinkler system to correct low water pressure

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Irrigation/Sprinkler Systems, Landscaping, Drainage Systems, Landscape Lighting, Lawn Care and Maintenance, Retaining Walls, Synthetic Turf, Patios/Walks/Driveways, Lawn Renovations, Water Gardens, Bed Mulching, Leaf and Snow Removal

Ask for details.