Agape Construction Co

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2003

435 E Clinton Pl

Saint Louis, MO 63122

Agape Construction, established in 1985, is an experienced Award Winning Design and Build Firm specializing in Remodeling and New Home Construction. Located in Kirkwood, Missouri, we serve the St. Louis Metro Area. With our Design and Build Process, Agape can help you "Stay Where You Are... Have

03/20/2020

Fred L.

It went well. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They remodeled our house.

04/25/2017

Don S.

Very professional quality work.

Description of Work
Constructed a roof extension, roofing, gutters and siding work.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

03/26/2017

A M.

My next-door neighbors added a room and a 2- level deck on their house and chose Agape Construction. When I was ready to remodel my kitchen, I also chose Agape because I had observed the ongoing work daily and was impressed with their high work standards and their organization of a complex project. I was pleased with the quality of the work of the Agape Crew and also their sub-contractors and that they completed the kitchen on schedule. Their excellent project management skills pulled it all together. Also Agape has a wonderful interior design/decorator who gave me much needed help in choosing fixtures, finishes, cabinets and flooring that would all look good together.

Description of Work
Gutted and remodeled kitchen. Removed a door to the exterior. Removed a wall. Redid some of the HVAC. Updated the plumbing and electric. All new cabinets, counter tops, backsplash, lighting, flooring.

10/24/2016

Don S.

So far so good. Very professional which along with the permitting process in Kirkwood makes the cost on the high side. We still haven't done any construction as the permit process is way to time consuming for this size project but that is a Kirkwood problem not Agape.

Description of Work
Porch addition and complete roof

Category decks, roofing

10/30/2014

Carolyn F.

They provided good quality work. They were professional and they responded to us in a timely manner via email and phone.

Description of Work
They did some repair work on our garage. We have contacted them for future services as well.

Category garage doors

10/27/2014

katie W.

The entire staff seemed very responsive and knowledgeable. The quality of the work they have performed on other jobs seemed top notch.

Description of Work
We had met with agape for possible new construction or rehab work. They were very professional and responsive. Unfortunately, we have not had an opportunity to use them so far as we ended up buying an existing home and have not done any work on said home as of yet.

10/21/2014

JAMES L.

We had consultation with contractor and agreed he would come and look at our job and give us estimate. We emailed him dates and times that would be convenient for us. He never responded. We never followed up.

Category remodeling

Dear Sir, We are sorry you were disappointed in our company. Our Project Consultant said you all were able to come for a courtesy visit to our in house Selections room. At that meeting, cabinet re-facing was discussed. Our consultant followed up by sending you information on cabinet re-facing, but stated it is not something our company does. Again, our apologies, Sincerely, Amy O'Brien Agape Construction Co.

10/20/2014

Katherine F.

Requested a quote online and their office called that day or next day to set one up for the following week. Kevin showed up on time and was very friendly and professional. He was receptive to our ideas and offered new ideas for us to consider. We felt that he understood what we wanted our finished space to function as and look like. Did have to call their office and ask about when we would receive the quote, but Kevin e-mailed within it within a couple days of the phone call. Quote included almost everything we talked about, although the floor project we discussed was excluded due to costs and the budget we told him we wanted to stay within. The quote was on the higher side of what we would like to spend, so we are currently still getting other quotes from area contractors before we make our final decision. Still may end up going with Agape since they are located close to our home, we've seen their work around Kirkwood and it looks great, and appreciated the great first impression we received during the quote process.

Description of Work
Received quote to finish our basement.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

09/18/2014

James L.

It was really good. I would give them high marks for their professionalism and finishing work. They were very professional, cordial, friendly, and helpful. The price was in the range of what I had expected. This is the third project that I've used them.

Description of Work
We've had an addition done in our home by Agape.

09/03/2014

Jeannette L.

We recently bought this home, and was getting tired of not having a roof over the front or the back door, and being subject to rain or snow as we fumbled with keys or packages to get in the door. Agape built a new front porch structure and extended the roof over the back door and rear deck. It's exactly what we needed and the overall finish looks great. Also decided to go with a new roof which Agape also arranged for us. Communication with Kevin and with the carpenter was great. Always let us know what was going on and when. We were very impressed with the work ethics of this company. Great Job!

Description of Work
New front porch structure and an extended roof over rear deck, new roof overall.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing

07/31/2014

John M.

Agape came in and finished building a bathroom that another contractor had started and didn't finish. They fixed problems the other contractor couldn't handle.

Description of Work
Built bathroom.

10/01/2013

Christine L.

They were the only contractor who asked for a fee to get a bid from them. The bid they gave me was overpriced and useless. They gave me this large total cost and then supplemented it with details like your kitchen sink will cost $296, while they did not detail out costs like roof, electrical or plumbing. They gave a great song and dance routine while we were going over the bid, but from the experience some close friends were having with them on a smaller project, I had major doubts that they would they would be able to come through on this project. I did not decide to use them for my project.

Description of Work
I got a bid from Agape for a big renovation/addition project to my house.

Category remodeling, home builders

08/13/2013

BETTYE S.

Everything went well. They did all in one day. (except the hood which I bought elsewhere too small). They came at 7AM and left at 3:45 PM. Came back today and installed the correct size of hood over the stove top. These people are very professional and will bend to make things easier for their clients.

Description of Work
Installed a new coutertop, stove top and hood. Repaired an old cabinet front that had become so loose it no longer was stable. Also repaired a crack in the garage floor.

Category concrete repair, countertops, remodeling, cabinet refacing

06/27/2013

BILL D.

It went great, they were excellent. They were personal. The owner came out himself. He talked to me and described what they would do and he asked questions to make sure that they are going to do exactly what I wanted them to do; He checked back with me during the process to let me know what was going on. He definitely is making sure that everything was the way its suppose to be. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Agape Construction Co. built a gravel pad with retaining walls for a shed that I put on.

06/09/2013

MARK S.

The project, although slowed by weather, went very well. Agape was very responsive to our needs. They were punctual and their employees and sub's were great to work with. Their work was of high quality and we would definitely use them again. We found Agape through referrals of several friends who had a similar positive experience.

Description of Work
Replaced a deck on the back of the house with a covered porch and fireplace.

03/20/2012

BETTYE S.

Very well. The only glitch was painting the bedroom ceiling. Some of the paint got on my wallpaper border. I just happened to have saved a small portion of it from 25 yrs ago and they sent out a paper hanger and it matched perfectly.

Description of Work
Had several repairs done on outside and inside. Guttering, bedroom ceiling, siding and some roof repair. They were very good and I would have them again. Because of hail damage and inspection by my insurance company most of the cost was paid for by State Farm.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, interior painters

03/05/2012

Mayuko M.

We got a lot of bids from other companies and their pricing is pretty fair. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Agape Construction Co to get the bathroom renovation done. It was done from October to December last year.

06/19/2006

RUSS D.

I contacted this company to get an estimate on a basement refinish. We entered into a design agreement and paid the company 500 dollars based on a ballpark budget of 40-50,000 dollars. The company took several weeks to finish the initial design agreement due to illness and work load. The initial design was incorrect because they based the drawings on the original house plans even though we mentioned they did not appear correct. They also stated that they did some more calculating and the price would now be 60,000. The company did not provide any detail of this price break down. At this point, we asked for our money back and the company agreed. Overall, this company appears to go after the high end of the market and does not appear to be interested in smaller jobs. (The jobs listed on Angie's list are all very pricey figures and they are currently trying to sell the remodeled Kirkwood train station for over a million dollars.)

Description of Work
Basement Finish.

Category remodeling

We are sorry you were disappointed with the bid you received. We are not a good fit for everyone. We do have many happy clients who have been pleased with our pricing professionalism and final product. We wish you the very best. Sincerely, Agape Construction

03/27/2006

JULI S.

Called to get a estimate for a porch addition to my home. I was pleased that the representative asked me how old my home was, because my experience has shown me that not many companies are good at working on old homes. He got my address and told me that he would come by, take pictures and call me back in a couple of days with an estimate. That was 2 weeks ago. He never called back.

Description of Work
Estimate for a porch addition to my home.

12/07/2005

JOHN & KAREN D.

GREAT TO WORK WITH AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
FULL TWO STORY ADDITION.

12/02/2005

VERN & MARIE K.

AGAPE: HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY, CLEANS AND ORGANIZES WORK AREA DAILY, EFFICIENT, COMMUNICATES WELL, PROMPT,BUSINESSLIKE,ANXIOUS TO PLEASE, KNOWLEDGEABLE, EXPERIENCED, OFFERS HIGH QUALITY WORKMANSHIP, WORKS HARD TO STAY WITHIN A PROJECT'S BUDGETARY LIMITS, CONSIDERATE OF NEIGHBORS, DELIGHTFUL TO WORK WITH!

Description of Work
AGAPE HAS A BROAD SPECTRUM OF ABILITIES. THEY CAN TAKE A JOB FROM CONCEPTION OF AN IDEA TO COMPLETE FOLLOW THROUGH. BUT SINCE OURS IS A HOME RENOVATION COMPANY, WE HAVE ENGAGED AGAPE IN BUILDING THE SHELLS OF ADDITIONS (THE 1ST PROJECT BEING A 4 LEVEL ADDITION ONTO A 100 YR OLD HOME, THE 2ND INVOLVING 2 ADDITIONS--1 BEING A 3-LEVEL ADDITION AND THE OTHER--ON THE SAME SITE--A 1-LEVEL ADDITION ONTO A 130 YR OLD HOME, AND THE CURRENT ONE BEING A SECOND STORY ADDITION ONTO A AN 85 YR OLD HOME) AND OUR COMPANY COMPLETES THEM, WORKING TO BE SENSITIVE TO THE HISTORICAL VALUE OF EACH HOUSE. AGAPE HAS DONE FOUNDATION TO ROOF.

11/23/2005

GERRY & BRIDGET R.

VERY PROFESSIONAL. EXCELLENT CRAFTSMANSHIP - JUST AMAZING. THEY WERE ALSO VERY FRIENDLY. THEY CLEANED UP AFTER THEMSELVES EVERY NIGHT WHICH MADE IT EASIER FOR US DURING SUCH A LARGE PROJECT.

Description of Work
REMODELED A KITCHEN AND TWO BATHROOMS (WOODWORKING, CUSTOM DOORS, BEADBOARD).

11/23/2005

DON & BUNNY M.

THEY WERE WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH, ALL OF THEIR CONTRACTORS WERE WONDERFUL, PROFESSIONAL, VERY GOOD ATTITUDE.

Description of Work
BUILT A WHOLE NEW HOME.

09/28/2004

Julie L.

AGAPE PROVED TO BE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY I'VE WORKED WITH THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF A FULL REMODEL ON MY RESIDENCE. THEIR PROJECT MANAGER STRUNG ME ALONG FOR THREE MONTHS TELLING ME THAT THEY COULD DO THE JOB FOR OUR BUDGET. HE WAS TERRIBLE AT RETURNING CALLS, AND ALWAYS HAD EXCUSES FOR NOT HAVING DOCUMENTS READY (SCOPE OF WORK, ETC) AT OUR MEETINGS. ONCE AGAPE PRICED THEMSELVES OUT OF OUR JOB BY INCREASING THEIR PRICE 37%, 72 HOURS BEFORE WE WERE TOLD CONSTRUCTION WOULD BEGIN, ALL HE OFFERED TO ME WERE THE NAMES OF TWO OTHER CONTRACTORS HE THOUGHT COULD DO THE JOB FOR OUR PRICE RANGE. MY WIFE AND I SUBSEQUENTLY HIRED ONE OF HIS RECOMMENDED CONTRACTORS, AND THIS GENTLEMAN WAS KILLED IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT A WEEK AFTER STARTING CONSTRUCTION. I THEN CALLED HIM FRANTICLY LOOKING FOR HELP TO COMPLETE MY PROJECT, EVEN WILLING TO PAY MUCH MORE THAN ORIGINALLY PLANNED, AND HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE AVOIDED!!!!

Description of Work
ATTEMPTED TO HIRE AGAPE TO PERFORM A FULL INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR REMODEL ($80-$95K) OF MY RESIDENCE. A FRIEND RECOMMENDED THEM. AFTER MEETING WITH THEIR PROJECT MANAGER SEVERAL TIMES AND GOING OVER PLANS AND A BUDGET, THE PROJECT MANAGER AND AGAPE CAME IN AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE (THREE DAYS BEFORE WE WERE TOLD CONSTRUCTION WOULD BEGIN) AND ATTEMPTED TO RAISE THE PRICE ALMOST 37%.

Category remodeling

WE FEEL LIKE THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS UNTRUE, INCOMPLETE AND INCORRECT. THE BLUEPRINTS WE WERE SHOWN WERE QUITE INCOMPLETE, SO IT WAS HARD TO GIVE AN ACCURATE BALLPARK PRICE. ONCE OUR SUBS SAW THE JOB AND FILLED IN THE MISSING PIECES, THE PRICE WENT UP. OUR SALES MANAGER MET WITH AND ANSWERED OVER THE PHONE MANY QUESTIONS THE HOMEOWNER ASKED AT NO CHARGE. FINALLY, AGAPE, UNABLE TO MEET HIS STRICT PRICE, GAVE HIM THE NAME OF SEVERAL SMALLER CONTRACTORS WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO MEET HIS PRICE. ONE OF THEM AGREED TO DO THE JOB BUT WAS KILLED IN A MOTORCYCLE WRECK A WEEK AFTER BEGINNING CONSTRUCTION. WE WERE NEVER CALLED BACK. WE NEVER WORKED FOR THIS MAN. FEEL FREE TO CALL AND DISCUSS THIS WITH US; MOST OF OUR CLIENTS ARE EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH OUR WORK. WE ARE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU THE NAMES OF OUR MOST RECENT CUSTOMERS FOR REFERENCES. THANK YOU FOR READING THE OTHER SIDE.

06/25/2003

CONNIE S.

YOU WORK WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY, KEVIN OBRIEN. COMPANY IS EXTREMELY HONEST AND RESPONSIVE TO THE CLIENTS.

Description of Work
NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION FROM SITE PREPARATION TO FINISHED PRODUCTS.