Royal Roofing & Solar

Founded 2013 • With Angi since February 2017

Owens Corning Platinum Contractor! Royal Contracting Solutions is a small locally owned Roofing, Siding, Sunroom/Porch Enclosures, Painting Exterior, Decks and Porches. Our work area covers the entire Kansas City Metro. We have built our business on honesty & integrity. A majority of our business is from referrals. We can handle the task to take on any remodeling or roofing projects. Our team makes your home a top priority to ensure you are satisfied. We are licensed and insured through different manufactures. As a full service contractor we specialize in all types of insurance claims as well as any type of interior or exterior project....

A Service Provider's profile image

+38 more images

roofing (44)gutter repair (12)window replacement (1)decks & porches (15)house painting (7)woodworking (7)siding companies (4)home remodeling (3)door installation (2)basement remodeling (1)ceiling fan installation (1)water damage restoration (1)

08/21/2022

Bruce C.

Excellent. Above and beyond. Clean up. Materials dropped two days before. Dropped as put on the roof. Rained the day after or it would have been done the nexr day. Dropped haul off debris trailer at 6:30am. Started at 7. Gone completely by 11:30am. Materiald didn't send 5 of the roof attic vents. Worker ran, brought them so a half hour delay for those vents. New drip edge, all etc. 50 year warranty owens corning? Will still be in business, then. Transferrable, once. Beautiful Bourbon coloring multi colered shingles. $7250. + credit card angi fees of 3%. It's great, relief from open tarped hole from skylight. Sealed off. Ask for Clint. Great deal.

Description of Work
New roof, skylight covered, sat dishes taken down.

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your business.

11/23/2020

John F.

Can and inspected the roof. Identified leak was coming from window and provided a reference to someone to fix as that was not their specialty. Very professional, on time and best is they did it as a free service. Cannot recommend the company enough. They built my trust and will be our go to roofing company moving forward.

Description of Work
Inspect roof for leak

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

09/30/2020

TERESA L.

The service person was great--polite, punctual, knowledgeable, and thorough. They answered my questions and made good suggestions.

Description of Work
Consultation (siding)

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

07/10/2020

Stephanie J.

Very well ! Clint Seaman is wonderful and very patient I had 1000 questions and he got answers for me. Treated with respect! Would recommend this company. Thank you guys ! !

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, and siding

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

04/03/2020

Diane C.

Royal Contracting is a great company. They were kind, personable and willing to answer all my questions. I am very pleased with the work they did on my home. Only took them 5 hours to put on new roof. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Water Damage Repair and New Roof

Category carpet installation, roofing, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

02/16/2020

Kelly S.

Could not have asked for a better technician. Explained what needed done and went to work. Was completed before I knew it.

Description of Work
Re-attaching the hall carpet that got torn away from the room carpet at the doorway

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

01/06/2020

Gil M.

A great job by an experienced, friendly crew. Cleaned up everything daily (it was a three day job), including nail pickup, and protected all landscaping with tents. Royal gave me the very best shingle, at a price well below other submittals. I highly recommend Royal for any improvement you might need.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 01/05/2020

Review for Royal Roofing & Solar - 305 Pine St, Pleasant Hill, MO - 38315552

12/26/2019

Aaron J.

Work was done promptly. Our house was hit by a tornado. They worked with our insurance to fix our home. They put on a new roof, new gutters. New siding and windows. They do excellent work.

Description of Work
Roofing, Siding, Windows, Decks & Porches, Gutter Repair & Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

12/06/2019

Trevor E.

Royal replaced 1/3 of the roof in our house and also 1/3 of the roof on our shop. Austin and his crew were great and also cleaned up after themselves

Description of Work
Roofing

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

09/13/2019

Linda D.

Fast service. It actually rained the evening the skylight was replaced. There were no leaks, we were very pleased

Description of Work
Skylight replacement and roof repair.

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

Thank you so much for the review. Glad the leak is gone.

Kristyl B.

Great company! Reasonably priced, attention to detail and amazing customer service! You can tell they truly care about your home and our a lot of effort into doing a great job!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Shannon W.

Job was completed in a timely manner. Project went more smoothly than I anticipated.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Thank you very much for the review and your business.

Rich D.

Royal was outstanding! The roof was done in a single day and cleaned up, as if they hadn't even been there. The other work needed was performed in a very professional manner and looked amazing. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Thank you very much for the review and your business.

08/19/2019

Mark R.

Royal did a great job, I really appreciate their speed and flexibility. I recommend working with them.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

08/09/2019

Larry H.

Would not come because we where not in their work area

Description of Work
New deck and ramp

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

[Member Name Removed], I’m very sorry you’re upset we don’t service your area. Please give us a call on Monday to discuss us trying to assist you further. Ask for Austin.

07/04/2019

Jordan M.

Shortly after becoming a first time home buyer, I found myself having to contend with my first homeowner issue in the form of a kitchen sink leak...which was slow, insidious, and likely going on for some time as the whole cabinet unit and 5 layer kitchen floor needed to be ripped out and replaced. It was a process that would have been a lot more stressful had it not been for Austin and Ryan (aka Royal Contracting). They are patient, honest, and do very good work. They helped me navigate the world of insurance and kitchen restoration, they were great communicators, and clear on what was being done. And again - most importantly - they do excellent work. My new cabinets and wood floors are high quality and look fantastic! I will most certainly use them again for my home improvement needs and projects. I highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you. We appreciate your business.

07/03/2019

Cathy G.

Austin and Josh were very patient with me during the selection process. They even got me a brand new color new to Kansas City. I love my Black Pearl roof color.

Description of Work
Roofing my new home

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Thank you for the review and your continued business [Member Name Removed].

06/08/2019

Kelly R.

On August 2, 2018 we entered into an agreement with Royal Contracting Solutions. Before I continue I should explain that we own Pleasant Hill Drone service, a professional Aerial and Video photography company, and was able to get pictures of the damages and poor workmanship performed by this crew as it happened, hired by Royal Contracting Solutions ("Royal") in Pleasant Hill MO. At the time of contract signing were told by Mark Guffey that the crew on our roof was Royal Contracting Solutions crew Not a sub contractor and we would be able to communicate with someone on the crew. We made it clear that the materials were not to be over stacked or dropped from shoulder level on the peak of the roof. **See Pictures of materials on roof** When the work began the crew started bashing holes in the roof to tie their rope off instead of using safety anchors and harness. **See Pictures of holes with rope** When approached, they could not speak english and refused any of our demands to get off the roof. There was NO Supervisor on site that we could communicate with. We immediately called Austin Watterson, owner, and texted Mark Guffey the sales representative that shook our hand, now the mayor of our city, about the problem. After promises of better quality of workmanship and now a supervisor on the job we had no choice but to let them continue, our roof was BARE. Brought to Austin Watterson's attention our complaints about the damaged shingles, the materials between shingles and missing step flashing, wood sheeting not 100% covered under shingles due to missing underlayment **See Pictures of missing materials** and his first response was that we just wanted to keep the remaining money due, the second half of what we Already Paid $7532.43. The accusation was upsetting and we explained we want a quality roof that looks good on top of our home, and that is all. Austin Watterson's second excuse was that the materials were defective. So he reached out to Owens Corning and got them to cut a check for labor in the amount of $7464.37 PLUS a voucher in order to redeem the approved Owens Corning materials. This was still not good enough for Austin Watterson, he demanded the rest of our downpayment, the check and the voucher from Owens. He wants to be paid twice for replacing our roof. The third excuse was wood rot, which we all know that you can Not put a new roof over wood rot. There was not any wood rot reported prior to the replacement, or during, if they would have we would of had them repair it. Excuse after excuse blaming us and our house, then blaming Owens Corning for the poor quality of workmanship for the problems and not taking responsibility for the poor workmanship performed by his crew. There is also damage to our boat cover that they negated to report. **See Pictures of Damage** Next, we experienced leaking in two places. We did not have previous leaking before the roof was replaced. **See Pictures of Leaks** Called to report, Josh came out during the storm, left explaining they would get on it immediately. We were not contacted by anyone from Royal to fix the leaks, We had to call them 21 days after that visit to complain. Now we have water damage to the interior of our home. The leaks occurred on March 28th 2019 and still had no contact until we called and made an appointment with Austin Watterson on April 18th. Now, there are birds living under the soffit where they removed of a piece of wood during the installation process of the shingles and did not replace it. You can see this by the missing paint - we just had our house repainted. We entered into this agreement on August 2, 2018. We heard apology after apology (we counted 11 since this began) frustrating debates, accusations, poor customer service, and request for more time to complete the work properly. To date the work still has not been completed properly. On May 13, 2019 Royal had their attorney send a demand letter asking for the outstanding balance, more money than what was originally determined, $10,141.79 Now, we are asking the return of our initial deposit, the release of the Owens Corning check and voucher. We have no interest in letting Royal Contracting Solutions complete the job from lack of trust and faith that they can be competent in doing the job right properly. We are wanting to hire a new contractor to fix all the issues that Royal created, and even offered to pay any money remaining after all the repairs to our interior and replacement of our roof have been completed. We do not want to profit on this, we only want a quality roof that looks good on our home. This was still not good enough for Austin Watterson, owner of Royal Contracting Solutions in Pleasant Hill MO. He has been holding the funds hostage from enabling us to complete the repairs on our home. The reason we chose Royal Contracting Solutions is I went to high school with Mark Guffey and we are members of our local Chamber of Commerce, as is Royal, and wanted to keep it local to benefit local business in our community. This decision has lead to sleepless nights, leaks in our home, damage to our boat, damage to the interior of our home and an ugly roof on our house. I pray that this never happens to anybody it has been a horrible experience.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Cost $15,064.87

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Review for Royal Roofing & Solar - 305 Pine St, Pleasant Hill, MO - 37933943

04/26/2019

Shannon C.

Everything went very well. Josh was great to work with and very knowledgeable about the insurance steps, since we had never filed a home owner's claim.

Description of Work
New roof due to hail damage

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

04/22/2019

Kelly S.

Work was completed on time and in a very timely manner. Everything was cleaned up and you couldn’t even tell they had been there except for the great looking new roof!

Description of Work
New roof placed

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

02/04/2019

Allison W.

I had Royal Contracting out to look at a leak on my roof. They came highly recommended. Once they inspected the leak they found hail damage on the roof. They were able to work with our insurance to get a new roof approved along with all of the interior damage. All we had to pay was our deductible. Money well spent. They don’t a great job with the roof. There was a couple of things we were concerned about and they took care of them right away. Thank you Royal for taking care of us start to finish.

Description of Work
Roofing our home

Work Completed On 02/04/2018

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business and your referrals.

01/31/2019

DARHL W.

Very well. Royal showed up on time. Was great dealing w my insurance which made my life easy five stars I will continue to send friends and family to these guys for anything they need.

Description of Work
Roof gutters deck work

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/04/2019