Beaty Home Improvements

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2011

20 years of professional quality service with attention to detail. Customer satisfaction is a must.

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

handyman (489)woodworking (64)plumbers (57)electrician (57)drywall (43)tile installation (39)general contractors (35)door installation (30)home remodeling (28)lighting (23)decks & porches (21)interior painting (20)

11/18/2022

Heather N.

Very nice and professional from the scheduling to the service. Will use again.

Description of Work
electrical repairs handyman

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/18/2022

06/30/2021

Greg B.

Working with Beaty Home Improvements was an excellent experience for us. Everyone is so busy these days. I called three possible handyman companies, and Josh from Beaty was the only one that even called me back. Josh was super responsive and kindly found a place to work us into their schedule. A recent storm had knocked one of our 2nd story shutters down and we had a floodlight bulb that was high up that had burned out. I don't have a ladder to reach those areas, so I elected to try and find someone to take care of those items for us. To make the most of their time coming out, I also decided to go ahead and have them remove our old kitchen sink and install a new one for us while they were here. During the project I elected to go ahead and have a new disposal installed as well. Josh scheduled Kris for the work, and Kris arrived a few minutes early for the job. Kris quickly and creatively worked to resolve any little challenges encountered during the job, and he worked diligently to complete the tasks in a timely manner. He was a pleasure to chat with while he was here, and I am very pleased with the quality of his work and the care he put into it. I wouldn't hesitate to call Josh/Beaty Home Improvements if I need additional handyman work completed in the future.

Description of Work
Sink removal/installation, garbage disposal installation, shutter re-attachment, floodlight bulb change

Category handyman service, lighting, window treatments, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

02/09/2021

Carolyn R.

Work done efficient and well. Considerate and professional

Description of Work
Window frame caulk and drywall.

Category contractors, drywall

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

Thank you so much for the great review and give us a call on your next project

10/14/2020

Greg R.

Mike of Beaty Home improvements caulked our exterior windows. It seemed difficult to find someone to do the caulking on a two story house but they were happy to do the job on T&M basis. Going to have them out again to do some other work. Very satisfied with work and price.

Description of Work
caulking all exterior windows of 2 story house

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Thanks for the great review give us a call anytime

10/08/2020

KELLY R.

Prompt, reliable, exhibited very good problem solving skills. Will hire them again, cost was reasonable for work performed.

Description of Work
Multiple ceiling fans, bathroom vanities, exterior lights, odds and ends

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thanks for the great review And the kind words. Give us a call on your next project. As a matter fact will see you soon for your next visit

10/07/2020

KYUNG CHA Y.

Problem is the way costs are estimated vs billed. I got an estimate from business owner and chose his company based on this amount but actual amount I was billed is based on a per hour rate and TIME spent submitted by the worker which was almost twice the estimate. My recommendation is avoid using any company which uses this methodology because in the final analysis, estimates are ignored. Customers should not be penalized by inaccurate estimates whether they are deliberate or not.

Description of Work
Repair iron railing around exterior basement stairwell

Category contractors, wrought iron

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

Unfortunately there is a misunderstanding here. The original time estimation for her project was approximately four hours. This was based on her hand railing that needed to be extended off of an existing handrailing. Very small project. During the course of the work it was found that the parts needed to complete the project as originally agreed we’re no longer available due to the handrail being older. Keep in mind this is an a house in U city. The homeowner was informed that it would be extra work. And that we would need to use a welder and fabricate. Custom fabricate the railing on site. Using our mobile welder. We indicated that this will take more time to the customer. When she was given the bill somehow there was a disconnect. I apologize for any confusion but in my estimation she was informed properly throughout the process and was aware of any changes to the intention of the work. Also in my estimation we saved her a great deal of money doing the welding services ourselves and completing the project as agreed. As you may know Welding services can be very expensive. This in my estimation also it was a project that not too many people would take on so I thought I was doing her a favor.

09/06/2020

Brian H.

I called and left a message with details about what I needed. I never received a response.

Description of Work
Estimate on mailbox removal and replacement.

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

I do apologize for any lack of response. our intention is to get back to everybody in a timely manner. I would be happy to offer any compensation for your inconvenience

07/10/2020

Christine G.

Setting up the appointments with Josh was quick and easy. The appointment was confirmed the day before. Kris was on time and ready to work through our list of tasks. He listened to our requests, provided suggestions, got supplies, and completed the work. At the end of the day, Kris made sure that he cleaned up the area he was working in and removed any trash. Payment was handle easily and quick. One of the best experiences we have had with a Handyman. In fact, we are going to request Kris come back for a few other jobs. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
We had a list of many jobs for our house from ceiling fans to hanging pictures.

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

Thanks for the great review. It was a pleasure doing business with you. We look forward to handling any of your other needs. Beaty Home Imp. is a full-service remodeling company that handles all aspects of home remodeling, bathrooms, kitchens, even room additions.

06/25/2020

Belinda N.

Kris webb arrived on time and did an outstanding job! Very satisfied with services and would definitely use again. Very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Front awning removed, shutters replaced and painted. Back deck repaired

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Thanks for the great review. Keep us in mind for any other projects. We can handle bathrooms. Kitchen remodels. Room additions. Pretty much any aspect of remodeling and construction.

06/04/2020

Mark P.

Great service, price and workmanship.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category contractors, electrician

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Thanks for the great review we aim to please

05/29/2020

Anita G.

Rob did a great job. will use this company again.

Description of Work
putting in light switchers etc, blinds and ceiling vents.

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thanks for the great review

05/28/2020

Anita G.

Rob, the man who works for Josh did a super great job! There are some more projects that I will be calling them to do>

Description of Work
Rpb was my Handyman & he did a great job of doing some electrical work, putting up new blinds and ceiling vents.

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to the next job.

05/22/2020

George N.

We were very pleased with all aspects of this project. The project was professionaly completed at the price estimated, during the time scheduled, and the improvement to our home is most notable. We will hire Beaty Home Improvements again.

Description of Work
Replace Facia

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Thanks for the kind words. Glad we were able to get this done. Call anytime.

05/21/2020

Melvin S.

Great ! He did a good job and in a timely manner

Description of Work
New garbage disposal put in And some electrical work

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to the other work you have for us.

05/09/2020

Wendy H.

A little expensive because of their minimum 2 hours, it only took 1/2 hour. But I needed the work done and they were professional and punctual and very nice to work with. It was just expensive but I would hire them again for a larger project if needed

Description of Work
Landscape rock work

Category contractors, lawn service

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Great. Thanks. Looking forward to it.

03/26/2020

tom S.

super fast super efficient. work looks great. would easily use again.

Description of Work
bath/shower; interior wall repair; exterior lines

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

Thanks for the great review. We will continue to service your needs in a professional manner with excellent quality.

03/20/2020

Jay Z.

I was very happy with the service provided. The repairman was very pleasant and knew what he was doing. This is the first time I have used this company. I plan on using them again for bigger jobs as they come up.

Description of Work
They installed a new kitchen faucet.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad your faucet installation went well.

02/07/2020

Kenneth M.

I called Josh Beaty because we were replacing 3 ceiling fans and 8 light fixtures. Josh sent over a gentlemena named Micah. He arrived promptly in fact early. He did a great job of replacing all the flight fixtures and ceiling fans in our house. He was thorough and professional. I have used Josh Beaty on other jobs, he responds promptly and gives the most reasonable bids of any contractors. Working with Josh(the owner) is pleasurable I can text or call him he is personable and extremely knowledgeable. I recommend Beaty Home Improvement as the best and only company I will call for future jobs

Description of Work
I needed several ceiling fans replaced and light fixtures replaced

Category handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

Review for Beaty Home Improvements - 562 Knob Hill Dr, O'fallon, MO - 38374086

Thank you very much for the great review. I agree our hourly service is very affordable. With our trained technicians you can count on the job being done right. Starting at $90 The first hour/$50 each additional hour plus material with a two hour minimum.

12/17/2019

FRANK T.

We had our gutters cleaned. He sis a fine job.

Description of Work
He cleaned gutters.

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Thank you for the great review. Call us anytime.

11/30/2019

Nancy F.

It went great - Mike was the handyman sent out. He was on time, did his work efficiently and cleaned up every spec of trash. I felt the price range was very fair. I would use this company again in a heartbeat and would feel very comfortable referring them to friends.

Description of Work
miscellaneous household : locks, blinds put up, basement lights and fixtures, etc.Mike

Category handyman service, lighting, window treatments

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

That sounds great. I look forward to any future business. I agree our handyman rates are very affordable and with our skilled technicians the job gets done right the first time. Starting at $90 The first hour/$50 each additional hour plus material with a two hour minimum.

11/08/2019

Michael L.

Work was done in a timely professional manner. They left the surrounding area clean. Work was accomplished to meet my schedule they were very prompt and accommodating to my schedule.

Description of Work
Several holes needed to be repaired in textured drywall

Category drywall

Thanks for the great review. We do try hard to provide excellent service. Please feel free to call us anytime. Our technicians are highly skilled and are neat and courteous.

11/08/2019

Richard H.

Rob arrived at the agreed time. He was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable on a variety of home repairs. He finished my projects in only 2 hours. I am very satisfied with the results and would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
repair toilet leak, repair soffit / vinyl siding, install vent pipe through attic from bathroom fan to roof

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

Thanks for the great review. As a repeat customer I value your business. This is another good example of a customer taking advantage of our hourly rates. Starting at $90 The first hour/$50 each additional hour plus material with a two hour minimum.

10/24/2019

Jim H.

Smoothly. Jeff was very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Hang interior doors

Category handyman service, doors