Extra Mile Home Inspection Svc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2010

Always honest and quality service. Your home purchase is one of the biggest investments of your life, and it’s important to know exactly what you’re buying. The best way to ensure this is through a professional home inspection. We have been in business since 2006. All inspectors are trained on the

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

home inspection (42)septic tank service (12)well & water pump repair (8)real estate agent (3)radon mitigation (3)

01/07/2021

Sandy P.

He was very professional and did a detailed inspection of the home. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Home inspection at Shell Knob

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

thank you so very kindly.

04/19/2019

Amelia C.

They were very thorough and any correspondence was met in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Needed a home inspection for purchasing a home.

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

Thank you for your review. We always try our best to go the "Extra Mile". Have a wonderful day. Tori

02/16/2019

James K.

To whom it may concern, Over this past weekend 02/15/2019 I had a complete failure of my sump pump. This caused over an inch of water to accumulate in my basement/crawlspace. I received an inspection from your company on 06/30/2018 and it was never once mentioned about a sump pump that has been "rigged" together. This was literally being help together with a 5 gallon bucket and concrete blocks. This issue should have been recognized immediately by anyone let alone someone trained in home inspections. If this issue was immediately found we would have not been approved for an FHA loan for this property and we would not be in this position. Please find the enclosed documents (the before "rigged pump", the after product and the bill for services provided) These pictures clearly show an obvious issue that was not reported to us. I am aware the failure is in no way your fault. Your fault is not reporting a clear problem. If you fail to reimburse us for a clearly gross overlook I am fully willing, prepared and able to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Greene County, Mo Associate Courts to bring forward litigation. I am giving you a honest chance as a business owner to make this right. Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Review for Extra Mile Home Inspection Svc - 2061 W Union Chapel Rd, Nixa, MO - 37716934

The sump pump was not in place at the time of the inspection as noted repairs were noted in home inspection report with pictures the area of the "rigged" sump pump pictures that you sent with the noted repairs completed. Also, the FHA appraisal done almost a month after the inspection did not note a sump pump at the home, which they too would have to note if there was one present at the time of the appraisal. Our contract states to notify us 72 hours prior to any work being done on a system we failed to note on the home inspection, it wasn't there so it couldn't have been noted. The home inspection date was not 6/30, but 7/30 and we had flooding rains in Aug and Sept of 2018. You stated you never went in your basement in 7 months, this doesn't make sense. We did our job, the appraiser did their job. We apologize you are going through this, but we are not at fault.

01/08/2019

Jason H.

They did a VERY thorough job, and it saved me a fortune, After seeing what was wrong with the property we did not purchase it.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

Thank you so much!

12/05/2018

Jordon M.

The inspection I received from Extra Mile was hands down the best I’ve received on a property. I have to admit, before finding Extra Mile I hired a different inspection company who came in, cut corners, refused to inspect the crawl space etc. When I hired Extra Mile to inspect the same property it was like night and day. They inspected everything in that house, including the crawl space, and found issues the previous inspector overlooked. Had I not used them I may have ended up buying a property that needed thousands in work. Will be using them for any inspections from now on without a doubt.

Description of Work
Inspection

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

Thank you for allowing us to help you with the home inspection process!

10/29/2018

Kathy M.

Great! Dry thorough! Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Overall home inspection

Category home inspection, septic tank, real estate agents

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Thank you ma'am! We truly appreciate you and your business with Extra Mile!

09/07/2018

Erika R.

This company is awful. They did an inspection on a house and listed several things wrong. I do not even think they are certified to be looking at anything. They noted that the heating in the house was propane and it is NOT, it is natural gas. I think there not being a propane tank on the property would be a good indicator of that. Also, they noted several electrical issues and I had it looked at by a certified electrician and the building code enforcer in my area and they stated that all items they listed were not accurate in regard to the electrical. THEY ALSO CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE HOUSE AND THEN LISTED IT ON THE INSPECTION. They cost me a lot of money for verify the issues they noted on the inspection and should have to pay people for things they note incorrectly.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection, real estate agents

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

08/15/2018

Bethanie T.

I went to a home inspection service outside of the company my realtors wanted us to hire. I found Extra Mile to have top ratings on Angie's List and after a brief discussion with Tori about what all they inspected in and around the house, plus digging up the septic to look inside (if necessary) I decided to hire them. They scheduled me in very quickly, I had to have the inspection done that week. They were efficient, the well water was tested the day before so that results would be available once the inspection was finished. They were prompt, they actually beat me to the house on the day of the inspection and had already begun work. They were professional, they took time after the inspection to present what they had found, to explain what was important and what was trivial. They had determined they would need to dig up the hatch to the septic, which the realtor's company had told me they would not do, and it is a good thing they did. The septic was inadequate to run both houses connected to it, the lateral lines were improper and many other components were busted. We were warned that it would be cheaper to replace than to fix. The sellers refused and hired a professional to come fix the septic, after viewing the issues himself, he agreed with our home inspectors. They cost us a bit more than the realtor's inspection company would have, but the extra $100 in the short term saved us $15,000 in the long term. We have a brand new septic we do not share with the neighbors! Tori and her husband have been absolutely amazing throughout this process, we had initially determined we would tie in their fee with the closing cost and when I discovered there would not be enough to cover them, they made an affordable pay plan for us. THE EXTRA MILE HOME INSPECTION COMPANY REALLY DOES GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!! I would use them again IF I hadn't just found my forever home, but I will keep their information to pass along to ANYONE who is in the market for a home inspection. Do not be fooled into thinking you should stick with the company that your realtor suggests, they want to sell a house and make profit, they are not in it to make certain you have a good HOME. EXTRA MILE wants you to be able to live in the house you choose, safely and happily. PLUS, they are Veterans and we should support our Vets! I cannot say enough good about these folks. Not a bad experience at all. Please call Tori, I promise you will not regret your decision.

Description of Work
Home Inspection (including Septic)

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

08/03/2018

Joshua D.

My experience with Extra Mile was fantastic. I was contacted to confirm the inspection date timely, they inspectors showed up when they were supposed to and they provided a very comprehensive, easy to understand report. The price was below what I was estimating to pay and they DON'T charge for the 1st re-inspection which is a huge plus! The thing that really stood out was how promptly I got the report. It was in my email inbox maybe just a bit over an hour after the inspection was done. When considering the price point, overall value of the service, friendliness of the staff and all the different levels of punctuality, I can't see myself using any other provider in the future for an inspection than Extra Mile. My expectations were far exceeded.

Description of Work
Home and pest inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

07/18/2018

Keli C.

Wasn't too bad at first. Hard to get a hold of sometimes. They shared information without my consent on inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

07/11/2018

Thomas J.

the home did not work out but I used them again on another one and they did just as great on the second one as they did on the first one.

Description of Work
had a home inspection done

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

We appreciate you trusting us in this process not once but twice! We love being able to help make this process a little easier. From all of us at Extra Mile, we thank you for your business!

05/29/2018

Lori D.

This is a wonderful company. Very prompt courteous, knowledgible and answers and explains all questions. They did an inspection for us and liked them so well I hired them for my mom.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 03/28/2018

We truly appreciate your business! Thank you!

05/06/2018

Derek B.

They have been very great with communicating, speedy scheduling, and explaining the process in detail. I've seen their inspection report for other home buyers and it was incredibly detailed. I look forward to finishing the process with them! Thanks Extra Mile Inspections!!

Description of Work
Home, Septic, and Termite Inspection

Category home inspection, septic tank

Work Completed On 05/06/2018

Thank you for trusting us with this important step of your home buying experience! We appreciate you and your business!

05/02/2018

Kelley K.

Wonderful experience! Great communication, quality service and very friendly!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!

03/31/2018

Daniel N.

The inspection went well. The inspectors were kind and patient and answered our questions during the inspection. Extra Mile also went out of their way to make sure that we got all the discounts that they could provide. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

Thank you for taking time out to leave a review, we appreciate your time and your business!

03/13/2018

Tom M.

Their work was professional and cost competitive. After moving in I hired them for additional work which was completed in a timely manner. I plan to use them in the future when any needs arise.

Description of Work
Full home inspection prior to home purchase.

Category home inspection, septic tank

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

Thank you for allowing us to help with your home buying process!

01/09/2018

Max B.

Can't say enough about these guys. They deserve the name extra mile. They did their job with-in 24 hours of the request. They were incredibly thorough to a fault. I only thought I was thorough but these guys set a new standard for meticulous. These guys were not posers. Their knowledge aptly demonstrated the fact that they were seasoned pros. My time is very valuable and don't usually write reviews but this company deserves my time and these kudos.

Description of Work
Complete home and termite inspection.

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

Thank you for the review Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive word! From all of us at Extra Mile, we thank you for your business!

12/20/2017

Kent G.

Great! Very professional service with large crew of inspectors who got the job done quickly.

Description of Work
Home inspections

Category home inspection, real estate agents

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

Thank you! We always enjoy working with you!! From all of us at Extra Mile, we thank you for your continued business.

11/27/2017

Claudia H.

Performed a very thorough home inspection in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Inspection.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

Thank you ma'am! We appreciate your business and your time! From all of at Extra Mile, we appreciate your business.

11/07/2017

Barbara H.

Great very professional always kept in contact as to what's going on

Description of Work
Home inspection, Water Testing, well inspection

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

Thank you ma'am! We appreciate you and your business! From all of us at Extra Mile, we thank you.

11/06/2017

Lore T.

Went as expected - nice, competent people!

Description of Work
Inspection of my mom's house prior to selling.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

09/27/2017

Jodie P.

They were very thorough and honest. I used them twice. Not only are they professional, they are all truly good people. I would use them again If the need arose.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

08/27/2017

Jodie P.

They were amazing from start to finish. The customer service was top notch and never were they pushy. I was highly impressed and will recommend them to anyone I know needing a home inspection

Description of Work
Real estate transaction home inspection