GREEN TURF IRRIGATION LIGHTING DRAINAGE

Founded 1976 • With Angi since December 2002

73 MILLWELL CT

Maryland Heights, MO 63043

40+ EMPLOYEES. ADDITIONAL CONTACT: RICHARD HARDEBECK. ADDITIONAL EMAILS: RICH@GREENTURF.com & INFO@GREENTURF.com....

07/29/2020

don M.

could not tell you how it went because NO one called me

Description of Work
was needing bids for irrigation work

05/16/2019

STEPHEN D.

The sales rep came out. He asked me for a survey. Then stated he would need Google Earth to get the measurements of the deck and patio. I gave him the measurements. You would think he would have come prepared with at least a tape measure. After all, that is what the company does for business. It took six days to get a quote via a phone call. He basically implied that he would give me a verbal quote, that was outrageously expensive, so that he would not have to create a formal one if I was not interested with his verbal one. The estimate was 45% more expensive than another business in Lake Saint Louis.

Description of Work
Irrigation system bid

08/06/2018

Lucinda W.

First, let me say I am an engineer in capital projects so I work with contractors in the industrial world day in, day out. I am demanding, I know it and that is not going to change. That said, we worked through this system, worked around my travel schedule, got it in, fixed issues that were underground that we did not know about (liked unmarked drain tile and a neighbors sprinkler head that was a little too close to the property line. Definitely very satisfied.

Description of Work
Complete install of an irrigation system

11/02/2017

Karen E.

overall, they have done a professional job of keeping an older system operating. When I had a problem with the service, the company was responsive to my concerns and resolved them to my satisfaction. I plan to continue using their services.

Description of Work
Green Turf provides regular maintenance and backflow testing on my irrigation system. In the course of their work, they have replaced sprinkler heads, detected and fixed leaks.

Category irrigation systems

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for the review. I am pleased you provided us with good grades. However, I will meet with our Service Team to review your file to determine what we failed to do to earn all A's. Again, thank you for the review and thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of assistance. Stan Nowack CEO

09/25/2017

Julie C.

Very well. Prompt, professional service. No more problems.

Description of Work
Back flow prevention test. Start up and test of irrigation system. Replacement of 3 heads.

09/04/2017

Pia L.

I was very pleased. Work was performed in very professional and customer-service oriented manner. I initially used them for a repair mid-summer because my previous irrigation company was bought by a new company was not available promptly and did not seem interested in my work. I was so impressed with Green Turf that I chose them for my end of season shut down work. I would recommend them and will use them next year.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair and irrigation system shut-down

07/20/2017

SANDRA D.

......................................................................................

Description of Work
..........................................................................

06/22/2017

Helen S.

Steve from Green Turf said he thought it possibly was a leak. He ran around listening and found it, replaced the broken part, and it works better than it has in years.

Description of Work
I wasn't sure what was causing my problem and I thought it was a sprinkler head needing to be replaced.

05/10/2017

Amy O.

It went great! They were very responsive and fast. They were more expensive than the other vendor we received a quote from, but they were also more thorough and easy to work with (pay for what you get). For example, the other vendor quoted us, but did not want to do the work because we have an old 100 yr. old house (the vendor is a well-known company). The pipes are old (of course) and they said we needed to update the pipes ($10,000) before we would be happy with any system (that was not happening). Green Turf said that is not true, you just need to measure your water pressure, and base that on how many heads you need to run at one time. They had no problems working with our water pressure and didn't shy away from the project at all. We are very happy with the results and would use them again. Very "high tech" system and our yard looks great!

Description of Work
We had an irrigation system (lawn sprinkler) system installed.

04/26/2017

Dana F.

It went routinely. The technician arrived within the approximate time of our appointment, went about his work with focus and efficiency. The most remarkable aspect of the appointment was how unremarkable it was.

Description of Work
At the close of the hot-weather season, we needed our sprinkler system "closed down."

03/04/2017

Matthew M.

The work went well. They were very good and professional. Their pricing was pretty good. They were punctual.

Description of Work
They provided a sprinkler shut down.

01/02/2017

Matthew D.

I switched to Green Turf because my previous provider left me hanging at the 2016 shut down, so I had to move on. They helped me by providing good communication throughout the year and responsiveness.

Description of Work
I used Green Turf for my irrigation startup, in-season maintenance, and shut down.

09/12/2016

Albert Bouckaert B.

The work went well. However, the future will tell the success of the Yard drainage Method.

Description of Work
I needed a system to control backyard drainage from the sump pump.

04/28/2016

Mark C.

Very well. Rich came by and said he didn't want to spend my money (imagine that!) and that he didn't feel issue needed to be worried about. Thought drainage issue was coming. I will definitely use them when and if issue worsens

Description of Work
Surveyed

05/20/2015

Diane R.

Excellent! They know what they are doing. Call early in the spring as they wo r k about six weeks ahead during season startup.

Description of Work
backflow test & submission of paper work to St. Louis County. Rebuilt water flow gauge.

05/14/2015

Mary E. & Anthony F. K.

It went well. It's holding up. They did a good job. The even worked on a holiday.

Description of Work
They installed drainage systems in our yard, under our driveway, and connected them to our downspouts.

03/23/2015

Karen E.

I switched at the end of last year when I was getting the system closed for the Winter. They did a great job. They were very reasonable about keeping the down. For example, if we went out and bought the valves at a discount somewhere and bring them back, they installed them. They were very reasonable about that. They made some suggestions to make it more efficient. We took those suggestions and those worked out really well. That got better coverage with the ground with the changes. We were very pleased. They explained everything. They walked with us before, showed us what the problems were and what they recommended and we could decide what we wanted to do and not do. At the end, they walked us around to show that they worked properly and so forth and that they had done what they said they would do. We were very pleased. They gave us their explanations for everything. There were leaks in the system that the other didn't company tell us about. There clearly were. One of them we found ourselves when we were trying to adjust the heads and we kept hearing this burbling underneath the ground. We knew it had to be something but the other company didn't seem to know what it was. They're not perfect but they certainly more than met my expectations. Their responsiveness was fine but their punctuality sometimes isn't. I will absolutely use them again. I scheduled my regular opening of the system with them again this year.

Description of Work
They repaired the system. There were some leaks in it and some bad valves. They did the usual close down and winterization of the system after they were finished with the repairs.

Category irrigation systems

Thank you very much for the nice review. I am perplexed about the punctuality and will look into it. If I may ever personally be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Stan Nowack, CEO

01/05/2015

Leslie K.

Performs spring start up and fall shut down of lawn sprinkler system. also performs routine maintenance on system.

Description of Work
Annual service contract to maintain lawn sprinkler system.

12/30/2014

Christine K.

We worked with Jonathan. He was very professional and understood our concerns. He analyzed the situation and provided reasonable solutions, including various options for consideration. The bid was fairly priced. It took almost 4 months from the time of the estimate for the work to be completed. This was partially due to our delay in accepting the bid, the number of jobs in their cue, and an excessive amount of rainy days which delayed work. So far we are pleased with the results. I did contact Jonathan with some questions this week, as our yard still has some wet, muddy areas. He was able to explain the variables at play, options to get us through the winter, and further work to consider having done. I appreciate his patience and ability to explain the situation and suggest options. I would recommend this company, and will continue to work with them on this and future projects.

Description of Work
Installed an underground drainage system with catch basin and exit grate, connected downspouts to drainage system, installed gravel at drain exit to minimize run-off, back-filled ground by portion of house to allow water to run off away from the house, laid sod over dug-up areas.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, plumbing, drain pipe

10/26/2014

Steven F.

Representative (Jon Carr) showed up on time, was polite, thorough and knowledgeable, Estimate was to be sent via email. Never received. I called a week after meeting and left a (courteous) message indicating I had never received it. Still no estimate or return call. I'm in business and I'm an adult. If this was not an appropriate job for them or if they were too busy , I'd have said fine and asked for a referral. But this utter lack of any follow-up indicates a lack of professionalism. Despite good quality (I believe ) and presentation of Mr. Carr, this is a questionable firm to deal with.

Description of Work
Contacted company to get information/estimate to correct significant drainage problem in backyard, leading to leak in basement.

Category irrigation systems

Pleas accept my sincere apology for the apparent lack of follow through. Obviously, this is not acceptable to the Homeowner or Green Turf. I will discuss with the designated Project Manager today. Stanley Nowack, CEO

10/13/2014

Thomas F.

Some mice or chipmunks got into it so they came back to repair it promptly. When they work on the sprinkler system, the sod doesn't like that they had been there. They are very professional, on time, and courteous. We have been using them for 20 years.

Description of Work
He fixed a leak on a waterfall.

08/22/2014

Bryan P.

After hearing rushing water once he turned the system back on, he suggested I give it a few days to see if the drainage problem improves. Low and behold, this morning I venture out into that area of the backyard and the problem is significantly improved. It looks like the bulk of my issue my in fact be due to a leak in my sprinkler system - a much simpler and cost effective fix that more expensive drainage solutions! I was most impressed by his willingness to provide the right fix, and not just the fix that'll maximize his project size. He was very attentive to details, and seemed exceptionally honest about the work that needed to be done. We've always had a small wet spot in the back of the yard, but in the last few years it's gotten significantly worse - and it appears that the bulk of the issue may have been my sprinkler system all along! Needless to say, once that's resolved I'll most definitely be calling Green Turf back to correct the smaller drainage issue.

Description of Work
I contacted them to come out and evaluate a growing drainage problem in my backyard. The person that showed up, Jonathan Carr, spent a great deal of time evaluating the situating and almost immediately identified the issue a possible leak in my sprinkler system. He went so far as to identify the access panel that was likely leaking, and performed a quick and simple test by disabling the sprinkler system for a few minutes and listening for water rushing through the backflow prevention valve when he turned it on a few minutes later.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, plumbing

03/11/2014

Shelly W.

It went fine. They were very thorough, courteous and on time for appointments.

Description of Work
I used Green Turf Irrigation, Lighting, Drainage for doing a backflow testing.

03/10/2014

Donita C.

While he was here, it was really professional. He was very knowledgeable and had no problem accepting what the causes were and different avenues to correct the problems at hand. He stated he would get back with a couple of solutions and an estimate of what it would cost. Unfortunately, he never got back with us to provide the estimate. We did not contact him to follow up about the estimate, our time is valuable too. I am not going to track down a company to get an estimate and give them my business, if they don't want it.

Description of Work
The company rep came out and surveyed the ground and depressions to see what could be done with the water runoffs.

01/13/2014

HOWARD C.

Our plan started out as a small irrigation and lighting job. However, once last spring's heavy rains came, it became apparent we needed to address exterior drainage issues on our property as well. A patio drain outside our lower level walkout backed up and flooded part of interior of the lower level. The actual work done then expanded to include new exterior drain runs from the patio and the gutters as well as an expanded irrigation system. The project was professionally managed and installed in a timely manner. The project bidder and manager, Jonathan, saw to every detail and recommended systems and installations that we were pleased with. The installation crew was punctual and courteous. Since the project was completed, we have not experienced any further drainage issues. We have contracted with GreenTurf for annual maintenance and inspection of the irrigation system..

Description of Work
New drainage system from patio drain and from gutters to street; new lawn irrigation system; new pathway lighting from driveway to front entry.

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe

Outdoor Lighting Solutions LLC

With over 20 years of combined outdoor lighting services we’ve developed the experience to deliver incredible results, on time and on budget. There is not much we have not seen when it comes to outdoor lighting and we enjoy sharing great ideas. Our experience and relationships with our manufacturers allows us the ability to deliver some of the most cost-effective outdoor lighting solutions with LED and assorted technologies. We’re small business owners who know the value of keeping our word. By placing an emphasis to under-promise and over-deliver day by day we become more and more dependable. A trait we highly value. Installing, Repairing, Designing and Updating your Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting Systems with Top of the Line LED fixtures and luminaries. LED Christmas Lighting. We service Homes, Subdivision Entryways, Business and more!!

Loyalty Lawn Care

Fertilization, Weed Control, Grub Control, Mosquito Control, Tree & Shrub Care Loyalty Lawn Care is dedicated to providing you with the best products and services available, in the St. Louis Metro and all of St. Charles County. We will communicate with you to keep you up to date on your lawn's current and changing conditions. While we can’t solve every lawn and landscape issue with fertilizer and weed control, we want you to know what options are available to you so we can ensure your satisfaction with Loyalty Lawn Care. Our team has been in the Lawn Care and Green industry for a combined 60 years of experience. Let’s work together so you have the best-looking lawn and landscape possible. Price is determined based on square footage. Estimates can be done over the phone.

Offers by Loyalty Lawn Care on Angi
    Allen Outdoor Solutions

Additional DBA - Allen Irrigation & Lawn Care Inc. Allen Outdoor Solutions, Inc. has provided full service irrigation, landscape, and lawn care service throughout the St. Louis area for over 20 years. Our projects range in size, from small residential designs to large commercial projects. No matter what your vision, we can take care of every aspect of your outdoor project. All of our work is backed and fully warranted to your satisfaction.

Offers by Allen Outdoor Solutions on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

LAWN SPRINKLER INSTALLATION AND SERVICE. LANDSCAPE LIGHTING INSTALLATION AND SERVICE, DRAINAGE, WATER FEATURES AND DIRECTIONAL BORING.

GENERAL LAWN WORK. LANDSCAPING.