American & International Clock & Watch Repair

With Angi since June 2010

41 Nationalway Shopping Ctr

Manchester, MO 63011

We Repair antique, old, and new clocks of almost all descriptions; including but not limited to Grandfather, Tall Case, Hall, Kitchen, Mantle, Wall, Shelf, Cuckoo, and Atmos clocks. See our complete Listing of clocks that we service. ...

10/19/2019

Robert R.

My experience was great and I’ve referred David to friends, customers and relatives and they are all happy with the service!!

Description of Work
Grandfather clock that hadn’t worked in years was reasonably serviced and it runs perfectly!!

12/08/2018

Doug M.

I have a 111 year old family heirloom grandfather clock. David Warner did an outstanding job. There was a piece that failed after all this time. He found a fabricator in Texas to custom make the part. He handled the clock with kid gloves when removing from the housing. Gave a detailed estimate, completed the work in a timely fashion and was honest about the things on the quote he didn't do and adjusted the price DOWN! So pleasant, caring, answered all my questions, respectful....highly recommend and will never use anyone else! Far above and beyond.

Description of Work
Repair of 111 year old grandfather clock

08/29/2018

SANDRA C.

They were here exactly on time, fixed the problem, were very friendly, and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Grandfather clock repair.

05/26/2018

Nancy F.

David and Jane were both great to work with. Very responsive, helpful, informative, punctual, and very professional. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Description of Work
Setup antique case clock.

03/06/2018

Bill P.

Good job by the store

Description of Work
Fixed clock

02/24/2018

JC B.

Dave and Jane Warner, (owners), were fantastic. After another clock repair company called me a liar to my face, told me my clock was not broken and refused to even look at it, Dave said he'd try to fix it even though he had never come across a clock like mine before. Within less than a week he indeed found the problem and corrected it.

Description of Work
Clock repair to near-100 year old unique New Haven Duel Strike Mantle Clock

08/28/2017

BARBARA J.

Repairs were done and adjustments made. The clock runs longer when wound, keeps great time---runs better than at anytime in the 45 years we've owned it.

Description of Work
Wall clock was not keeping good time.

Category clock repair, antiques

03/29/2017

Edward A.

Worked for a while then had more problems. Still working on it.

Description of Work
Repaired wall clock.

03/27/2017

Pat C.

Work was done professionally and with care. A little on the expensive side, but that is not unusual for quality clock repair.

Description of Work
My bracket click stopped working and also needed to be cleaned and oiled.

03/19/2017

Marla H.

It went great. Would definitely recommend their services. Owner was there on time and very professional.

Description of Work
Grandfather clock repair.

10/10/2016

ROGER M.

Concerning the complexity of the problem, it seemed like it took a long time to get the clock back. The clock has run very well since. Fortunately, time was not of the essence. Jane seemed extremely knowledgeable. Provided us with what seems to be a more realistic value of the clock. The is the 2nd time we've taken to them a timepiece to these folks & the diagnosis/repair has been great

Description of Work
Got a particularly old wall clock working again. Weight had been wound too tight & clock stopped. Straightened out the cable which solved the problem

08/08/2016

Rebecca M.

He was very meticulous. As long as he stays in business he's the only person I'd like to call.

Description of Work
I had a grandfather clock that hadn't been running for years. I thought it just needed a deep cleaning, but he literally disassembled the entire clock and cleaned every single piece. He not only repairs but he restores antique clocks.

03/29/2016

Ruth C.

I spoke with Jane and she asked me several questions to diagnose the problem. She assisted me in fixing the problem myself with her guidance. She is extremely knowledgeable and thorough and was very patient with me as we worked together to resolve my issue. I am VERY impressed with her and will definitely utilize her services in the future!

Description of Work
I called to make an appointment for my grandfather clock to be serviced.

03/16/2016

William S.

Description of Work
Cleaned our Antique Banjo clock. Since no repairs or parts were needed, the cost seemed too much and wait too long (3 months) for the service. However, it now works wonderfully and it is satisfying to have our antique in working condition. But they did say it would be finished quicker than it actually was. But perhaps it was longer because they take their time and do a good job. But when I return, I will know to plan for a longer period of service than they estimate.

Category clock repair, watch repair, antiques

12/25/2015

Elizabeth R.

Description of Work
He completely took apart my grandfather clock, oiled and reset everything. He explained everything as he did it. He made some suggestions on the care of my clock. He was very knowledgeable and nice.

12/08/2015

Louis F.

Description of Work
Professional. Explained the needed repairs well. Fairly prices. Good value.

11/27/2015

Linda B.

Description of Work
Repaired a clock.

06/05/2015

Larry B.

I realized I hadn't had the clock serviced since it was moved from CA to MO 8 years ago, so I asked to schedule maintenance on it at the new location since I was moving it again. They showed up on time as arranged, oiled, cleaned and put the clock back together from the move and adjusted it to level in its new location. The service was pleasant and thorough and I felt like I definitely got my money's worth. Won't hesitate to call again for any clock services! Thank you for the before and after move service!!

Description of Work
Two weeks ago movers we were scheduled for a local move on a Saturday. Friday afternoon I noticed my grandfather clock had 2 of the 3 weights stuck in the "up" position and I couldn't remove them for the movers. I looked these folks up on Angie's List and called even though it appeared to be after hours. Much to my surprise, Jane talked me through how to remove the weights myself rather than try to sell me on a service call to the house which she could easily have done as I am petrified to mess with this clock too much on my own. I packed the pieces up and the movers got my clock to our new location along with all the rest of our household goods.

01/13/2015

Alexander B.

He was very nice, professional, competent, and thorough. I felt I was being well taken care of right from the start, and he didn't mind my questions and desire to watch over his shoulder. It was quick and easy to set the appointment and he arrived right on time. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
David cleaned and lubricated my "new for me" grandfather clock which stopped working right after we brought it to its new home.

01/13/2015

Christina B.

David, the owner, arrived on time. He was nice, honest, professional. I would definitely use him again if needed.

Description of Work
Serviced grandfather clock.

12/07/2014

BARBARA B.

This was a GREAT experience! I had previously contacted another Angie's List provider, who, after about 5 minutes, without taking my clock apart, advised that the entire mechanism needed to be replaced. That cost would be around $2,500, and would take 6 - 8 weeks. Of course, I decided I need to think about it and do more research. I am thrilled for Angie's List, and all of the positive reviews about the quality of work and professionalism of American & International Clock. By the time that David left my house, my clock was running beautifully. I was notified that the clock mechanism is older (of course), and that eventually the mechanism may need to be replaced, but that would cost around $900. His comment "As long as it is working, let's leave it alone for now." So, I will leave it alone until the clock stops again, and will definitely call this provider to repair or replace whatever parts are required. I am also now on their 2 year call-back list, to ensure regular oiling and cleaning by them. If you have a clock or watch that needs attention, you will be thrilled to have it serviced by American & International Clock!

Description of Work
David Warner repaired, cleaned and oiled my 1986 Ridgeway Centennial grandfather clock. It took him about one hour.

07/21/2014

J D K.

Other than taking a bit longer than I thought - no problem because it wasn't an urgent project - everything went smoothly. Jane and David Warner are pleasant people and easy to work with. The clock is running well and keeping good time.

Description of Work
Refurbished my 1890's pendulum wall clock. Provided some new parts and did a thorough cleaning

02/04/2014

Virginia J.

Very friendly and very professional. Arrived on time. I would definitely call him again to come out and work on my big clocks.

Description of Work
My grandfather clock had stopped running. David cleaned the clock mechanism and got it back to working order quickly. He also cleaned and repaired the chime mechanism on my grandmother clock.

01/04/2014

andrew R.

I couldn't be more complimentary......... Quality clock repair service, very fair pricing, fast turnaround, professional, nice and engaging customer attitude. Also suggested and made cosmetic improvements that enhanced clock's aesthetics. Straight shooters - would most definitely use again. A pleasure to do business with them.

Description of Work
Repaired antique wall clock.

11/16/2013

James C.

I found this store through Angie's List, very near my house and in business for 30 years at same location. I had never noticed the store before. Walked in a very friendly woman attended to me, diagnosed the problem and completed the watch band repair within a few days.

Description of Work
A new watch for my grandson had a faulty watch band, the pin fell out when he opened the box. I had purchased the watch in another state and couldn't take it back.

Watch Repair
    Antiques
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Clock repair & antique clock restoration.