Foundation Guy Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2012

4.2

1712 SW New Orleans Avenue

Lees Summit, MO 64081

Foundation Guy Inc. is a small, family operated, foundation repair company. The founder and president, Jeff Huffine, works on every job site. There are 4 full time employees, and two part-time assistants. We do not send out a crew of minimum wage workers. We never get paid until all work is complete and the home owner is satisfied. All work is guaranteed, warrantied work....

10/17/2016

Kathy M.

Wonderful, came right away, brought all the professional equipment and ws there himself with his crew and worked. He did final inspection to make sure everything was done right and to our satisfaction. He followed up with an email of work done and recipt with his guarantee. We had hired him to do extra work outside when he came back to do the other work under warranty.

Description of Work
Jeff Huffine did our basement according to a structural engineer 4-2011 and guaranteed for 10 yuseears. We put house up for sale and the inspection with our contract hired another guy to come in who said our basement was really bad. We called Jeff he was out asap and we called in the original engineer and another separate engineer and all concurred that Jeff did a fantastic job. We had Jeff fix the outside slope of dirt as we had dug so much up to plant flowers and that was why there was water standing outside not the job he did. He was excellent and willing to fix anything that needed fixed under his warrenty. We would hire him to do anything he was able to do as he is reasonably priced, professional, and a person of his word. I couldn't even find my original paperwork and he had everything on file.

Category excavators,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

07/29/2014

Matthew M.

Jeff was very responsive to our initial call requesting a quote. Prior to the contract, we asked for some changes to be made to the work order, this was no problem, and again Jeff was very responsive in making the additions and preparing the contract. We knew prior to signing the contract that Jeff was busy, so scheduling was out a bit, but he was only off by a day on the estimated start date. Work started, the crew was prompt to the job and very polite. Asking to save our rose bushes and working around the dogs needing to go in and out was no problem. The job was kept clean and we were kept up to date on the progress. The finished product was exactly as described, and actually better than we had expected. The job was left clean and ready for us to start our next project. We especially want to thank Jeff for providing us with what we actually needed and not trying to tack on a bunch of extras. It was a struggle for us to find a foundation company that didn't try to tack on the extra sump pumps or try to bump up the price at the last minute. We have no hesitation in recommending The Foundation Guy.

Description of Work
Foundation wall repair, installation of metal beams, epoxy cracks, install window wells, add dirt to slope grade and extend gutter spouts.

Category gutter repair,replacement windows,foundation repair

THANK YOU! [Member names removed], I haven't looked at my Angie's List Reviews in several months. I just looked at your response. I am grateful for your support. It may sound "cheesy" but I do take great pride in my work. Thanks for the job. Jeff

02/10/2014

Linda S.

I do not recommend him at all. He left more cracks in my house than I had before I started. I have to sell the house now and it is going to be very, very difficult to sell it with all the cracks that he left in it. He overdid it and he knew he did at the time. He raised it too much. He had a big gaping crack in the basement which he filled. Since that time, there have been more cracks that have occurred. Now there is a basement crack all along the basement floor. I had no cracks in the basement at all before. All my foundation problems were on the garage side with doors that didn't shut and that sort of thing. He did not do a good job at all. His price was right and that is the reason I went with him. He didn't charge as much as some of the other pier estimates. I definitely got what I paid for. He basically ruined the house. He came back when I wasn't there and he did a little. He couldn't get inside because I wasn't there. He added a little more dirt to the foundation and he replaced a crack in the patio. He hasn't come back since then. I've left messages for him and threatened to take him to small claims court. It appeared to me that he had several jobs going on at one time because he was there for a short time and then he left. He might come back a couple of days later. He didn't seem focused on the job. He ended up busting a window in the neighbor's basement. He did come back and repair their window. He wasn't professional. He was a very nice and friendly guy but he shouldn't have been doing the job that he was doing. He had a 10 year warranty on the work.

Description of Work
I used Foundation Guy because I had foundation problems. He put piers in. It was actually on the garage side so there wasn't any basement under it. It was basically all around the garage side.

Category foundation repair

I am very sorry to learn about your opinion of my work. I have attempted to call you and have left a voice message. Please understand that I do stand behind my work and my warranty. If you are unhappy, please allow me the opportunity to help. You mentioned in your opening paragraph that is titled Description of Work: That I put piers in on the garage side of the house, not under the basement. That is absolutely true. I have done nothing to the basement, yet you are blaming me for your basement issues. You also mentioned that I "overdid it" and I "knew it". I am sorry but I strongly dispute this claim. You state that I have ruined your house. I am sorry but I strongly dispute this claim. You called me back to address concerns, I came back and answered your concerns. I added more dirt to the pier excavations and I patched a crack in the patio in the back yard. All of this was at no charge, it is part of the service that you hired me for. I feel that I have kept my word and I am satisfied with the job performed. Please allow me the opportunity to visit with you and try and resolve any issues that you have. You also mentioned that I wasn't professional, and that I didn't seem focused. I have built my company on being an honest and loyal person. In all of my years of service, you are my first complaint. I would appreciate the opportunity to reverse your opinion of me and my company. Thank you. Jeff Huffine - President Foundation Guy Inc. www.foundationsguy.com 816-560-5937

12/11/2013

John C.

We were very pleased. While we are not structural engineers Jeff explained exactly what he was doing and showed us that he was following the engineers recommendations to the letter as far as the scope of the work that was needed. While I hope to never have to do this kind of work again I would hire Foundation Guy, Inc. again and unreservedly recommend them to anyone who is in need of this type of work.

Description of Work
They installed 7 steel deadman restraints, used 14 foot all thread steel rods to anchor the wall into a concrete restraining wall that they dug and poured in the back yard. They filled in all cracks in the foundation wall that were present. They removed steps from the deck and replaced them when job was complete. They used the leftover dirt from the excavation to grade the property properly for drainage. Brought out top soil to repair some area of the yard and said they will come back out to regrade and fill in the area where they dug the restraining wall when it settles after some rain and time.

Category foundation repair

Thank you [member name removed]. I appreciate your evaluation.

02/18/2013

Larry D.

Previous repair from another company continued to leak and he examined leak and fixed immediately. He is extremely knowledgable and iis also a. Very nice person.

Description of Work
Jeff has worked on 3 different homes in my immediate family. His work is outstanding and I would never use anyone else. Prices are very reasonable for the work performed. Foundation repair and new battery back up sump pump.

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks so much for your kind words. Being honest, sincere and hard-working are the keys to my success.I appreciate your comments!

KC Chimney Service

Chimney service. Small company three employees. Contractor for construction services. Residential and small commercial.

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

Top Blade KC, LLC

Top Blade KC Lawn & Landscape is a professional landscaping and hardscaping company based in Kansas City, MO. We specialize in constructing beautiful outdoor living spaces from the ground up! While servicing Kansas City, as well as many of the front range cities we provide top of line quality in a timely and professional manner. A wide variety of services as well as an amazing team of stone masons and skilled landscape technicians makes Top Blade KC a company you can rely on us to do an awesome job transforming your outdoor space. Our ultimate goal is to make sure you are happy all the time and that we do the best work we can! We train and put full attention to make sure this standard is met. Our reputation is based on service, safety, speed, and amazing quality. With our design, build and maintain work style we can make sure we handle everything from the super realistic design, to the complete landscape installation process, to maintaining your property to keep it looking amazing!

Foundation Guy Inc. is a dependable company, dedicated to serve valued clients with our first rate services. We specialize in waterproofing, sump pump installation, grading, wall-bracing, epoxy injection, piers, block work, stone work, tuck-pointing, concrete, retaining walls, chimney repair, foundation leveling, chimney leveling, egress windows...

We do install garage floors, sidewalks, and patios. We don't install large scale concrete flat work.