Striking Renovations

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2010

400 Lake St. Louis Blvd

Lake St. Louis, MO 63367

Striking Renovations was developed to provide quality craftsmanship that's affordable on any budget. We believe that the ability to live in a home that encompasses both personal needs and unique style is not a luxury, it's a necessity. We work with you to realize your home renovation dreams, while providing cutting edge knowledge and creativity. Striking Renovations is comprised of experienced contractors who pride themselves on customer satisfaction. Additional e-mail - mail@strikingrenovations.com Award winning....

09/15/2018

Timothy P.

The job was promised by the very attentive owner Doug Kropp in 1-2 weeks. He had a crew leader Paul who kept everyone on track and on time. Even though labor day holiday fell in the 2 week period, he had a worker here. All the work was custom and looks as if it was part of the existing now 19 year old home. I highly recommend this team of excellent professionals.

Description of Work
Custom millwork including capitals and borders for 26 windows, wainscotting in dining and living room, baseboards with shoe molding for entire house, sand and completely paint gloss white to match existing crown molding.

Category contractors,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

05/02/2017

Alexa L.

It went wonderful. All the guys were so sweet and professional. They worked hard to make sure everything was perfect and to my liking. The quality and workmanship is top notch. They cleaned up every night after they were done, got to work right on time each day and diligently worked all day long. I will be using this company again in the future for sure.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floors, Custom Entertainment Center, Working Closet, Dining Room Trim, Mantel, New Light Fixtures, Trim in Basement, Secured Shelving Units, Fireplace Granite.

Category contractors,closet systems,electrician,picture framing,hardwood floor,interior designers,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,ceiling fans,marble & granite,interior painters,doors

Thanks for the kind words! We really enjoyed working with you and look forward to helping you with your future remodeling projects.

03/27/2017

Leonard and Myra B.

My wife uses the laundry room every day and they helped make a good suitable shelf for that room to help her out. They used good woods for the job. They showed us the differences between the woods they use. They also put up some shelving in our garage. All the work looks beautiful.

Description of Work
They did a lot of carpentry, they built some shelving in my laundry room and my wife liked the work very much. They also did some shelving for our garage. William Harris replaced the frame around a door with a metal frame and for a reasonable price.

Category woodworking

08/08/2015

Randall D.

Nothing bad or negative concerning the contractor. It was positive that he admitted he could not develop a better design than I had already designed

Description of Work
Contractor could not come up with a bath design any better than I already had in place. We agreed to part ways with no work accomplished.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

12/23/2014

JOHN B.

Project was for my elderly mother. We had difficulty getting a contractor who was willing to do a job this small and still pull the necessary permits for St. Louis County. We received multiple bids, and John's was the most favorable, as well as the one we thought would do a good job. John showed up when he said he would; he was very professional and conscientious - as well as upbeat and happy, which helps :-) He showed up when he said he would; dealt with the inspectors; he also performed some of the work with his site super (Brad). They worked with the inspectors. We also had an issue after the job was finished with a dryer vent came loose on the outside; John came out to fix the problem right away, even though he had already been paid. No extra fees; very happy with the result. Final cleanup could have been slightly better: but 30 mins with a broom and a mop and it was taken care of ; I was glad to have a reliable contractor who was willing to do a job this small.

Description of Work
Master Closet conversion to Laundry Room

Category closet systems,home remodeling

12/19/2014

Gary L.

I couldn't ask for a better crew than John's. John was always very courteous, helpful and stayed on point. Everyone on his crew was just as professional and attentive to detail. Even though the project took a day or two longer than expected, the end result was well worth the extra time and effort to make everything just right.

Description of Work
They removed our old cast iron bathtub (in one piece at the request of my wife--who had plans for it), tore out the old drywall and tile, repaired some plumbing and installed new tub, wall liners, new drywall and fixtures.

Category bathtub refinishing,drywall,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

11/24/2014

Karin S.

That was great. They were very competent with what they did. The quality of their design was very good.

Description of Work
They came out and did a design for my kitchen.

Category interior designers

10/10/2014

Rosella W.

The man was polite and friendly. However, his bid turned out to be twice TWICE the cost of the two other bids I asked for. I hired the company that gave me the bid that fell in the middle of the spectrum. He was a nice person, but the price was just too much.

Description of Work
The man visited me on site and looked at the site of the proposed project. He took digital pictures and wrote up a bid.

Category home remodeling

09/16/2014

Mike B.

He was very professional, on time and prompt. I had him do my bathroom. He got me the plans within 48 hours of meeting me.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $99 for a custom kitchen, bathroom or basement design and full det of plans!

Category interior designers,remodeling,home remodeling

08/29/2014

MIchael K.

My wife and I are professionals residing in University City (I'm an attorney, she's a graphic designer). We bought an old home (built 1949) with no master bathroom, but with a vision to install a master bathroom where there was a large walk-in closet that had an existing window there. We bought the house with a construction loan to be able to pull it off. In our previous home, while we had updated a couple of bathrooms over the years and updated our kitchen, we had always used good handyman types, but never a renovation company. The difference between Striking Renovations and prior work we've had done is indeed striking. Night and day difference. We spoke to several prospective contractors over the phone and met with 3 at the house. One was far more expensive, roughly estimating $60,000; one was a lot cheaper, estimating $30,000. One of the contractors actually seemed a bit worried to take it on. When we first met with John Yacovelli of Striking Renovations, what jumped out at us immediately was his enthusaism and "can do" attitude about the project. While not the cheapest quote, he was far less than the highest quote too. Once we signed up with John, for the most part, the entire process was suprisingly very smooth and his partners and employees were extremely professional and courteous in our house. At the beginning, John took us on a shopping trip with him to pick out the tile, fixtures, etc. for the bathroom. We went to approximately 4 different places with him, spending a little more than half the day, etc. John gave a lot of good advice and it was a relatively painless process. Soon thereafter, the demolition of the walk-in closet began. It took I think a week or less to fully demolish and begin framing out the new bathroom. One of the main people to work on our project was Billy. We were very comfortable having him (and the others) in our house; he was extremely polite and pleasant to be around and clearly is very good at his craft. Frankly, all of them were. We were a bit worried early on about strangers being in and out of our house each day, the disruption, mess, etc. However, they cleaned up at the end of each day, never overstayed their welcome, worked around our schedule when we could not have them there, and other than the normal construction noises, we'd barely know they were around. We thought it was a very high level of professionalism. The entire project took about 8 weeks, which was the estimated timeframe given. It likely would have been completed earlier but for the delay on the arrival of some of the fixtures we picked out. However, John built that into his estimated timeframe and finished roughly when he said they would finish. The couple of times that we expressed a concern or observed something not being to our liking, Striking Renovations took care of it without hesitation and without hassle (never once did I have to plead or negotiate for them to make something right -- although, to be truthful, there were very few issues that we had to raise anyway). The customer service and desire to satisfy us was very good throughout. In the end, we have a truly stunning (and "Striking") beautfiul brand new bathroom, a large master closet along most of one of the walls in our bedroom, and a new hallway/linen closet that is still much larger than the average linen closet. As an aside, one of the great benefits Striking Renovations provides is various side projects that you may request while the main project is going on. They were very fair and affordable on a few side projects for us. That included installing a new gas line for a new gas range (and installing and setting up the range itself), moving a light fixture and cutting in a vent connected to our HVAC system so that heating and cooling would reach an enclosed porch that is used as a guest room and office. They did a great job on all of those side items and we found the charges to be very fair given the quality of work they do. I never felt overcharged on any of those side projects, but I have many times felt overcharged by less skilled handymen in the past. We recommend Striking Renovations without reservation. I would tell anyone who is doing a meaningful renovation of any kind to call John Yacovelli and talk to him (and meet him) about it.

Description of Work
Demolished a large walk-in master closet down to the studs, moved/built some walls, and installed a brand new beautiful master bathroom in place of the master closet (truly stunning). Included all new plumbing, floors, walls, electric, fixtures, window and windowsill, built-in shelving, etc. etc. (i.e. it went from nothing to an all new amazing new bathroom). Also created a new hall linen closet with part of the space, and created a long (approx. 10 ft) wall closet in the master bedroom with french doors as part of the space.

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,decks,electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,siding,home remodeling,doors

Red.Oak contractor LLC

High & Dry Foundation Repair

For over 10 years, High & Dry has serviced thousands of St. Louis homes. We have solutions for all your basement waterproofing and foundation needs including crack injections, wall stabilizations, as well as, sump pump and drain system installation. Virtually all of our work is performed from the inside of the home, eliminating the need to dig outside disrupting the lawn, flower beds, etc… Our reputation for quality products, unparalleled customer service, and our Life-of-the Structure Warranty have made us a Leader in the concrete repair industry. High & Dry offers Free Estimates for waterproofing and foundation repair. We specialize in cost effective crack injection, wall stabilization, and interior drain systems. We inject the cracks from the inside of the home, filling the void the crack created, top to bottom, inside and out, preventing water from entering in the foundation. We can also structurally repair cracks and bowing walls using our carbon fiber products. If you have hydrostatic pressure, we can install an interior drain system using our structurally engineered Poly-Stone that replaces the traditional gravel systems and increase the flow of the water into the drain system and eliminates any biological hazards that can be associated with gravel system. We offer a “closed” drain system minimizing the risk on Radon gases. We’ll take a look at your situation and recommend the best plan to correct your problem for good.

Camargos Seamless Gutters Inc