Sleep Easy Chimney Service & Repair

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2011

5000 NW Linden Rd

Kansas City, MO 64151

Additional phone number - (816) 471-4435. We are a year round chimney service company. I am active in the national chimney industry. I do have three certification in the chimney industry (CSIA) Chimney Safety Institute of America (NFI) National Fireplace Institute (CDET) Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician...

06/25/2021

John F.

Cleaned and inspected chimney . They are coming back for repairs. They are professional and have good communication. The only reason I'm giving them 4 and 1/2 stars is because I haven't seen the repair work yet. So far they are a good company to work with.

Description of Work
House was built in 1982, standard fireplace, not used for about 4 years, needs inspection and cleaning, probably needs a new cap. Getting ready to put the house up for sale.

Category chimney caps

11/17/2018

Carol S.

Caleb was thorough and professional. He knew his business and got the job done quickly. He kept the area clean and inspected our chimney outside as well. I finally found a fireplace service company that understands the value of a vent-free gas fireplace! We will be using Sleep Easy for all our service and repairs. I did not provide my address for privacy reasons.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace serviced

Category fireplaces

11/16/2017

Deborah B.

We had our chimney and fireplace cleaned, as well as our dryer vent. We were very happy with the whole process. There was no dirt or dust left behind, and he was fast. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Chimney and fireplace Cleaning Dryer vent cleaning

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

04/13/2017

Ronald R.

Cutting edge turned out to be bleeding edge with newer logs that retain and radiate more heat than conventional logs. They owned the problem and solved the problems involved with a number of extra visits at no additional charge.

Description of Work
fire place install

Category fireplaces

01/16/2017

Kenneth G.

I called after the first cold snap, just before Thanksgiving. They were able to get me in the same day due to a cancellation. The representative was very courteous, honest, and knowledgeable. He ran a camera up the chimney and recorded it on a tablet. He found minor damage from wear and tear expected of the age, but did not see any cause for concern. He suggested having it checked every year or 2 to watch for further damage, but no repairs were needed currently. The Chimney was not dirty enough to warrant cleaning either. I thought the starter bar was corroded, and the gas line removed, but after checking it, he found that it was the remnants of a decorative log. The line was intact, simply capped. He removed the useless mess, and replaced the starter bar in minutes. He tested it, shut it off, and double checked for leaks. Overall, very honest, and reliable. He could have charged me more, and cleaned the chimney too. he could have recommended unnecessary repairs. He was straight with me, fast, and the price was cheaper than several other companies I called. There were cheaper companies, but they did not have any ratings here or on BBB. I would recommend, and will use again.

Description of Work
I Needed my Chimney inspected and cleaned, because after buying the house, over a year ago, we had not used the Chimney. We were not happy with our initial inspection of the house, so to be safe we called Sleep Easy. We also wanted to have the gas lighter bar replaced.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

10/31/2016

Robert E.

Work was performed as expected. gave a report of potential problem with cap and swept chimney. Was expecting to have two chimneys swept but was told second chimney was not in need so I was pleased that the cost was lower than expected

Description of Work
Inspection and chimney sweep

10/15/2016

Michelle S.

Service was great. Bret was knowledgeable, professional and on time. I loved the camera he used to check the inside of the fireplace. He than cleaned the chimney. You would never know he had been here, no mess or fuss. He was very patient with our questions about redoing our second fireplace.

Description of Work
We have a wood burning fireplace that had not been checked or cleaned since we purchased the home 6 years ago.

10/11/2016

Sarah F.

Great experience from the start. When I called to schedule the appointment, the woman I spoke to was very helpful and clearly explained how I could find fireplace doors if I didn't want to order through them. She also gave me all the pricing information for their services upfront. The day of the appointment, the technician called before the appointment time to say he was running a little late. When Brett arrived, he inspected our chimneys from the fireplaces and the roof. He explained several issues concerning the deterioration of our chimney's that would need repair. He then noticed an error that a previous contractor made that would have made using one fireplace extremely unsafe. He recommended not using the chimneys until we had the issues addressed and then suggested we forgo having them cleaned at this time. He offered to send us an estimate for the cost of repairing the chimney's, which he did shortly after our appointment. He then inspected the dryer vent, ended up disassembling it, cleaning it, reassembling it and reattaching it to our dryer more securely than it had been previously. He recommended changing the vent due to sizing and again offered to and later did send us an estimate. Finally, he installed the fireplace doors, one of which was very tricky due to the construction of our fireplace. I think what most impressed us was how thoroughly Brett completed each part of our order and that he recommended not spending the money on having the chimneys cleaned until we could use them. He easily could have said nothing, charged us for two cleanings and left. Instead, given the unsafe nature of one fireplace, he may have prevented a future house fire.

Description of Work
We recently bought our home and the home inspector suggested we have our chimney's cleaned. I called Sleep Easy to clean two chimney's, install two sets of fireplace doors and clean the dryer vent.

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

09/02/2016

Joe K.

arrived within 15 minutes of scheduled appointment with phone call that he was on the way. Professional and friendly attitude. Took time to explain what he was doing. Was done in 45 minutes. I was very happy with service.

Description of Work
basic cleaning

12/08/2015

Andrew M.

We called for an estimate for Chimney relining, they came did a thorough inspection an provided a reasonable free estimate. Top notch service!!

Description of Work
Estimate

09/21/2015

ALAN B.

Ever since we put the windows in the smoke would back up in the house. So this is suppose to allow air in to help ventilate it. it went pretty good. We had a little problem when the guy got a hold of us he said I had to get a chlorine company to make a hole but the problem is the hole he chose to make wasn't quite big enough so they came out to do it, it wouldn't fit, they left, they came back today and checked the hole out and put the vent in.

Description of Work
They installed an air intake.

07/06/2015

Stacy E.

Sleep Easy gave professional opinion of my situation and referred other work that may be necessary. He took it upon himself to re-seal everything for good measure. He was very professional and easy to work with.

Description of Work
They sealed the chimney crown and the whole chimney and sealed up the chimney flashing. Sleep Easy came out a second time at my request and volunteered to seal again and checked all the previous work.

06/28/2015

Monty D.

We were thrilled. The company certainly lives up to it's name. I had another chimney company look at the same problem and told us we would have to completely tear out our brick chimney and install a new one. Sleep Easy looked at the chimney and said the structure of the chimney was just fine. We just needed to put a sealant on the bricks to keep the water out. Total cost, which included a gutter cleaning, was about $800. This price also included a minor repair on the fire box in the house. Their representative knew his business and spent a lot of time answering our questiosn and solving the issue.

Description of Work
Put a sealant on our chimney to keep water off our brick chimney

Category gutter cleaning, masonry, chimney repair

05/06/2015

James B.

Service was quick and efficient.

Description of Work
sealed up the chimney. Added insulation

04/24/2015

Clark C.

They were fine. They were supposed to do a video but they couldn't get their camera to work. It was verbal.

Description of Work
I did use them for an inspection.

12/30/2014

PHYLLIS B.

I was pleased with all aspects of this experience. I do want to share this with you concerning my first experience using Angies List to find a chimney service. I am a widow and a senior , so when I needed these repairs I want help to find ana honest, dependable company. I chose Chimney Pros of Kansas City from your list. Long story short they were neither, I was out $375.00, which I could not afford. When I called you all you told me was he was no longer on your list. So I am very disappointed in YOU because I truly was trying to avoid what happened by joining your service. I would recommend Sleep Easy Chimney Service.

Description of Work
Reline,repair fire box,seal brick.

06/27/2014

Jennifer B.

They're very professional and courteous. They keep their things clean and take off their shoes and cover it. They make sure they cleaned up after themselves and they did a good job.

Description of Work
Sleep Easy Chimney Service & Repair cleaned the chimney and inspected the fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

11/03/2013

Sarah N.

The service person was running a bit behind schedule, but he called to let me know this, so it wasn't a problem. Since the chimney was in pretty good shape (we had a thorough cleaning and a lot of tuckpointing and repair work done a couple of years ago), not a lot needed to be done. But still, the service person was here about 30 minutes (maybe more) checking various things inside and out.

Description of Work
Inspected firebox and chimney inside and out, including top portion outside. Did minor cleaning, given that no thorough cleaning was required. They reported finding a small crack but said that was to be expected and that I shouldn't worry about it at this point. Also said that with my chimney being in good condition and quite clean at the moment, I could probably wait another three years before calling for another inspection and a cleaning. I appreciate this -- so many places will try to sell you on all kinds of services and checkups and such that aren't needed. I will stay on my schedule of having the chimney inspected/cleaned every other year, and will continue to use Sleep Easy!

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/01/2013

BARB B.

Amazing service! After some critters made a home in our fireplace and left quite a stinky mess, I called several chimney services in the area. Sleep Easy was the only one to understand the urgency of the situation and rearranged a few appointments to get us on the calendar more quickly. (Some services wanted us to wait 6 weeks. That would be acceptable for a standard cleaning, but this situation was making our home intolerable to live-in.) They did a great job. It was bigger deal than we initially expected. The two servicemen (two different visits) were polite, professional, concerned, and never complained about the awful job. I hope next time we need chimney service, it will be for a routine cleaning. We will definitely call Sleep Easy again.

Description of Work
Swept chimney, removed fireplace floor, rebuilt/installed new floor. Big, stinky job!

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

09/10/2013

BOBBI Z.

I scheduled an appointment a week in advance. Melany called the day before to remind me they were coming and confirm the time. the crew arrived on time. They inspected and cleaned the chimney, including the leftover ashes I didn't get removed from the last fire. They left the inside of the chimney area as clean as it was when they arrived. I have a 3-story tall chimney that requires a 40 foot ladder for which they accommodated. I will be using them for my next chimney sweep.

Description of Work
cleaned chimney

09/03/2013

sharon T.

well, because they did such a super job in 2011, I didn't have to have my chimneys serviced last year. Actually, the did come inspect the inside and it was good. They told me how to keep the chimney clean(er) when I burned firewood and apparently, it works to prevent resin buildup. I don't have money to burn, so I really appreciate them. They give good advice and offer preventative direction. Very dependable, no nonsense and I recommend their service. I just called them this morning.

Description of Work
cleaned both fireplaces.

07/22/2013

Roger A R.

Completely satisfied! On time under the pressure of a home sale. Glen did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Glen did a thorough inspection, and relined the chimney in addition to crown and damper repair.

02/05/2013

Debera J.

We called several companies to get a bid on repairing the 14 bricks on the crown if the chimney. All but one and Sleep Easy took one look at our grand home and decided to bilk us for total replacement of the chimney to the tune of $4000+. Sleep Easy immediately called me back, sent the installer right away for the estimate, including a reminder call the day before. Just excellent, personal service. My husband used the other fellow because he was closer in location and we were in a rush to get it done, but that is the only reason. Excellent service with very high recommendations!! Thank you, Glenn, for your superb service!

Description of Work
Excellent service!

Category chimney repair

Even though we did not get the work, we appreciate the recognition and validation of our business concept. THANK you very much

12/10/2012

Kathy E.

Came to the house on time. Checked our chimney and found that is was not dirty and then patched up some cracks. Excellent service and value.

Description of Work
Excellent service. Look at our chimney and saw that it was not dirty, but patched a couple of spots in the chimney. Excellent service.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/20/2012

Karen T.

The fireplace repair and sealing had to be delayed due to weather conditions. This did not create any problems. Overall, I was pleased with the work performed.

Description of Work
Installed flue from new furnace to chimney. Small repair on fireplace brick exterior. Sealed fireplace brick exterior.

Category masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

KC Chimney Service

Chimney service. Small company three employees. Contractor for construction services. Residential and small commercial.

Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks

Sonrise Masonry

Please visit our website to schedule a FREE estimate at www.Sonrisemasonry.com Sonrise Masonry is a family business in the Kansas City area. J.D. Rabuck, the owner, has 30 years experience in the masonry, stone, brick and foundation business. Whether it's a new construction project or repair work, we will provide our customers with complete satisfaction and a guarantee of services. No job is too big or too small. Call today for a FREE ESTIMATE!

Chimney sweeping, inspection, masonry work, fireplace, gutter cleaning & dry vent cleaning.WE can also build out side fireplaces and pizza ovens.