R Mech Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2008

We started the Tankless Water Heating push in Kansas City. We have been the number one Rinnai tankless water heater installer in Kansas City for the last ten years. We have done this through training, lowest installation pricing, never charging additional money if not warranted. We focus on the repair of plumbing fixtures and equipment, including water softening and filtration systems. Lastly, the Hydronic Furnace was pioneered by us in the Kansas City market, installing more than any company in the United States!! Thank You for finding us and we hope to serve you well. Award winning....

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Tank Water Heater Debris

+14 more images

plumbers (2315)HVAC Companies (1329)water heaters (247)drain cleaning (122)water softeners (42)sewer cleaning (38)insulation (66)fireplace services (35)home energy audit (34)appliance repair (34)gas fireplace repair (26)well & water pump repair (15)

09/22/2022

james F.

While Bill was here to give me an estimate on replacement, he was more thorough than the others that came to give bids. The price point was very reasonable and we were able to get on the schedule fairly quickly. Overall good experience.

Description of Work
Replace air conditioning unit and stand alone air handler

Work Completed On 09/22/2022

05/18/2022

Michelle N.

I don't generally leave reviews, but this p***** me off enough. I was given an appointment window of 1-5pm. I received a call at 4:15 from the assigned plumber and he was apologetic and said he could be there in an hour. I told him that I was going to have to leave shortly after and asked if I could reschedule. He said yes, we both tried calling the office, and no one answered either of us. When he called me back to let me know, he said he would make sure someone called me to reschedule. I never received a phone call, and I called them at 5pm on Sunday. A lady answered the phone and said she put me down for another 1-5pm appointment time on Monday. Monday at 5:20pm, I call to find out why no one is showing up. That lady says I'm not scheduled for Monday. When I keep persisting that I was supposed to be on the schedule, she says she sees that I was on the schedule for the day before (Sunday). I tell her that I called after 5pm so I couldn't have been scheduled. She tells me I was on the schedule for Sunday. I tell her to forget it, I'm going to get someone else for the job, and her response was "okay." No apologies, no desire to make things right or find out what was going on. Completely unprofessional. I had an issue that needed to be resolved as soon as possible (basement starts flooding every time I run the washing machine, dishwasher, or shower), and they wasted my time (not to mention that I had to take time off work to wait for them). I will never be using R-Mech for anything. Consider how incompetent their office is, I can't imagine the rest of the company doing any better.

Description of Work
Sewer/Main Drain Cleanout

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

03/01/2021

Kyle O.

One hiccup with the type of water heater. (Ours was low boy and didn't think/know to tell them that) After a request to receive a low boy they ran out and got one.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

01/10/2021

Michelle G.

Great, there was a blown fuse that he replaced.

Description of Work
Furnace stopped working

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us!! We are delighted we were able to resolve the issue quickly and that your home is warm in this weather!

12/22/2020

bruce C.

Called R-Mech on Monday and they had Adam come out soon after the call. Adam was fantastic in explaining the work necessary. Started the project the next day, Tuesday morning. Adam and the crew did a great job getting the work done Tuesday and most importantly prior to the upcoming holiday! Appreciate Adam's efforts and those other team members involved in the repair. Will use R-Mech for all future plumbing needs. Very responsive and customer focused.

Description of Work
Old cast iron underground pipe under basement floor had deteriorated and as a result, the blocked line was unable to be cleared. Required the replacement of 2 different pipe sections, very labor intensive.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!!! We are so pleased that we could resolve your needs quickly and get you on to the wonderful holiday season !!! Thank you for your kind review and letting us be your home comfort partner!!

11/12/2020

pamela C.

Corry at R-Mec was professional and knew what he was doing. He wore foot booties and a mask. Friendly and efficient. I needed a new control panel on my furnace. Also, the company was great at responding to my call in a timely manner. Getting ready to call them again for an unrelated project because now I trust how they do business.

Description of Work
furnace repair

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] has been a treasured asset to our team and we are thrilled he resolved your needs quickly for your homes comfort! We are always here for your service needs!

10/19/2020

William T.

The service man seemed very competent, careful, and polite.

Description of Work
dish washer malfunction

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!!! We appreciate your review and your patronage!!!

10/16/2020

CATHERINE M.

R-Mech has done great work for me in the past and this service call was no different, their technicians are skilled, friendly, and communicative. This company just follows through with everything they do to deliver good service that just seems to be lacking in so many other companies today.

Description of Work
two drain strainers for cast iron kitchen sink

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Cost $639.32

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!!! We highly value your friendship and appreciate you!!!

06/25/2020

Douglas A.

Great service. Called at 9am hoping for an appointment before the weekend. They said a service tech would be there before 1:00 today. He showed up at 10:30. He needed to return to his shop for a part but was back quickly and done by noon. Professional and affordable.

Description of Work
Replaced thermocouple on tank water heater

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!!! We are so delighted your repair was quickly and efficiently handled!!

06/23/2020

Stephanie G.

well, I sent about 4 or 5 requests for help, and I never got a response from them. Nothing has been worked on and my A/C is still not working. I have wasted lots of time waiting for a callback or email...anything and I got nothing

Description of Work
I needed my A/C system worked on

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Hello, [Member Name Removed]. Your request was submitted on a Sunday afternoon with the work needed listed. In the request, you cited you would prefer to be contacted by email. You were emailed back within 2 hours from the email you submitted requesting you to respond or call us to set an appointment. We did not hear back from you. I apologize if you feel this was dereliction, but as we are a no-hassle company we do not attempt repeated contact with our customers. We received another online request from you on 6/17/2020 and you spoke with a CSR on duty. There is no record of an appointment being scheduled for you. We are willing to send a technician to you to diagnose your issue if you would like to schedule. As you have requested contact by email in writing, we are not allowed to call you. Again, I apologize if you feel the service you expected was not rendered. I thank you for the review and the feedback.-Sheri

06/11/2020

Kimberly F.

High quality work, all guaranteed, and very professional.

Description of Work
Leak under the kitchen sink

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

06/01/2020

Jeffrey P.

external faucets repaired/replaced. water line rerouted in basement. new water line run through garage for new outdoor faucet.

Description of Work
Everything went very well. They were prompt and did a fantastic job.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

05/15/2020

Louis R.

I chose R-Mech partially because their website (r-mech.com) very prominently advertises their COVID-19 response, including "wearing gloves, masks and providing no-signature work orders." All of this sounded good to me, since no one other than my family members had been allowed inside our house for several weeks. However, during both of two visits, their technician failed to follow these actions. He never put on a mask, even when I greeted him at our front door wearing one myself. He also asked me to sign the work order by drawing with my finger on his cell phone. (I don't recall whether he wore gloves). Very disappointing. Regarding price, I was further disappointed to see that they offered a toilet replacement service for over $150 cheaper as an Angie's List Deal just a few days after they completed my job. While the work itself was performed adequately, I won't be using them again.

Description of Work
Toilet replacement

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

05/04/2020

Kevin O.

I had R-Mech check out my furnace and a/c several times over the past years, and was impressed with how thorough they were. This year I had them out to replace both, and couldn’t be happier. The new furnace and a/c are far and away better than what I had before. The installers were great guys, and had the job done earlier than expected. These new units are nothing like the old ones the builder installed 18 years ago, much more efficient and powerful. The service tech had to load a firmware update for the a/c, and these guys really know their stuff. Highly recommend R-Mech if you’re looking for an annual checkup or a replacement.

Description of Work
New furnace and a/c

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for being a long term customer. We appreciate yuour business very much. Now that you have that awesome warranty, we shall see you again over the years to take care of you. Thank You Brad Chirnisde, Owner

04/30/2020

patrick F.

R-mech came on time and were professional. After he was here a few minutes he got the heater and ac unit to work but it wouldn’t continue to work. He said the furnace worked fine but the ac coil was clogged and would be approximately $3000 to fix and he suggested a new unit. After a quote of approximately $5100 for a new ac unit the tech left and came came back for a picture. After a few minutes he said he tried to get the heat pump to work as a stand-alone unit. He said it seized up and was now broken beyond repair. He said he talked to his boss and he approved a lowest offer of $1100 off the normal price of $8500 for a complete 13-14 seer system. I got 3 other quotes and decided to use Midwest who installed a seer 17 system for approximately $7300. This included the same basic extra needed work plus blocking off 2 vents, a $600 chimney flue, and a approximately $460 WiFi thermostat control unit. You can see why I chose the other company who offered a much better unit plus a significant amount of extras for approximately the same price.

Description of Work
Hvac diagnostics

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

12/19/2019

Nick G.

wonderful tech. great work. will use again

Description of Work
furnace inspect tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!! We lokk forward to hearing from you in the future!

11/04/2019

KATHLEEN D.

Everything went very well. Ray came out and explained options on a Wednesday. We got several bids from other companies. R-mech was by far the most competitive in price. Leonard and Chris came out on Monday and did the furnace installation. Everyone was excellent! This company also installed a new water heater about a year ago and that installation went very well too!

Description of Work
furnace installation

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed],for your kind review of your experience. It has truly been R-Mech'[Member Information Removed] pleasure to be your home comfort partner. We value your patronage and appreciate you!!

09/24/2019

Rob F.

Great work! Service tech called first, arrived on time and completed work with a very short time.

Description of Work
Replace outside faucet bib.

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!! We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a quick, accurate resolution!!

09/11/2019

JACK & JUANITA E.

They installed a toilet. It never work properly. We verbally asked many times to get it fix. They came today but we did not used their service. They came and stated it is working correctly. But it continue to not work. They offer to repair it with a new toilet for $500. We don't feel it was done right the first time. Feel like they sold us a defect toilet the first time.

Description of Work
toilet repair

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

08/22/2019

Tim M.

Very happy with the service we received.

Description of Work
Indoor plumbing issue

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your review of R-Mech's plumbing team!

08/02/2019

Patrick C.

They showed up on time and got the sink done quickly.

Description of Work
Unclogged sink.

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are happy we were able to resolve your issue quickly!

07/04/2019

Joe D.

Well done! After I looked at DIY versions of this cleaning on-line, I decided to leave it to the pros. I'm glad I did

Description of Work
Tankless water heater flush and cleaning

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2019